The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
how goes the gardening?

Fabulous! I don't know what the difference is but this year is verdant. I've got so many tomatoes I bought a high end tomato press and a pressure canning kettle. My chard is lush and we're dining regularly on fresh flageolet string beans and new potatoes. It's amazing.

Fabulous! I don't know what the difference is but this year is verdant. I've got so many tomatoes I bought a high end tomato press and a pressure canning kettle. My chard is lush and we're dining regularly on fresh flageolet string beans and new potatoes. It's amazing.

wow, that's great! when you have results like that it really makes the work it takes to get to that point worthwhile.

I remember a crappy tomato press when I lived on the farm, and hours & bushel after bushel of freakin tomatoes... I thought we'd NEVER get done. :rolleyes:

wow, that's great! when you have results like that it really makes the work it takes to get to that point worthwhile.

I remember a crappy tomato press when I lived on the farm, and hours & bushel after bushel of freakin tomatoes... I thought we'd NEVER get done. :rolleyes:

It was red and plastic, right? My sister gave me one of those and it's going to the Goodwill ASAP. The one I bought holds about two gallons of raw tomatoes in the hopper and screws to the bread board. It is one tank of a machine. Who knows what else I might end up 'putting by'?

My Roses are coming along now.
That's about all in my garden at present. There's a lot of weeds.

It was red and plastic, right? My sister gave me one of those and it's going to the Goodwill ASAP. The one I bought holds about two gallons of raw tomatoes in the hopper and screws to the bread board. It is one tank of a machine. Who knows what else I might end up 'putting by'?

nope. It was metal, but not very sturdy. a PITA for sure, but that was 25 years ago... damn I'm getting old! :eek:

My Roses are coming along now.
That's about all in my garden at present. There's a lot of weeds.

I should be ashamed. I have a 30X30 fenced garden and not a thing in it but weeds. :(

nope. It was metal, but not very sturdy. a PITA for sure, but that was 25 years ago... damn I'm getting old! :eek:

I should be ashamed. I have a 30X30 fenced garden and not a thing in it but weeds. :(

I think of it this way; WIld flowers are good for insects.

And bugs feed birds. Birds sing so what you're really growing is birdsong. See? :D

Nice one, Bear.
I've a family of Sparrows twittering all the time, some Crows (Rooks?) that call from time to time, and some Blackbirds. 'Tis very nice at times.

Can I get you a drink ?

I do see lots of birds now that you mention it... but the crows are mean and chase them away. :(

it's okay though, I think I have Wild Kingdom in my yard most of the time. :rolleyes:

I do see lots of birds now that you mention it... but the crows are mean and chase them away. :(

it's okay though, I think I have Wild Kingdom in my yard most of the time. :rolleyes:

I cannot tell the difference between a Rook & a Crow, frankly. But they are large and black and intelligent. Last year I had the whole family on the lawn, with the little ones being fed. The photos were junk, though.

I cannot tell the difference between a Rook & a Crow, frankly. But they are large and black and intelligent. Last year I had the whole family on the lawn, with the little ones being fed. The photos were junk, though.

I have more fun watching the gray squirrel hopping from one tree to the next, though it scares the crap out of me that he might fall. :eek:

I have more fun watching the gray squirrel hopping from one tree to the next, though it scares the crap out of me that he might fall. :eek:

Never seen one fall yet. Not enough trees near me for the squirrels.
I filled the bird feeders this afternoon. It won't be long before one finds they've been topped up, though.

Never seen one fall yet. Not enough trees near me for the squirrels.
I filled the bird feeders this afternoon. It won't be long before one finds they've been topped up, though.

then they'll surely sing... and alert the masses. lol :D

then they'll surely sing... and alert the masses. lol :D

Not far from where I live is an old hunting forest. Not that there's much of it left, but that's progress. In the skies at the edge of the woods I can often see a bird of Prey on the hunt. Can't tell what sort, but it's flying is fabulous.

I have a power-line right-of-way behind my house and in the spring and fall we have large raptors frequently. We have the little kestrels here, year-round. We used to have a lot of crows but once West Nile virus was established in SoCal, their numbers were cut way back. It's been good for the phoebe's the mourning dove, etc. I have no love for crows.

I have a power-line right-of-way behind my house and in the spring and fall we have large raptors frequently. We have the little kestrels here, year-round. We used to have a lot of crows but once West Nile virus was established in SoCal, their numbers were cut way back. It's been good for the phoebe's the mourning dove, etc. I have no love for crows.

Do you get any radio interference from the power lines?

hmmm... that's worth checking into. maybe you can find some technicality dealing with planting to better the environment or something like that. everyone is on the "going green" bandwagon by now, right?

hmmm... that's worth checking into. maybe you can find some technicality dealing with planting to better the environment or something like that. everyone is on the "going green" bandwagon by now, right?

It's funny but they used to not care. I think that it's just that my local mowing crew has been replaced with assholes. Like I said, I'm gonna check.

What got me was the foreman trying to say that keeping people out of the right-of-way was about 'national security'! Like they ever even come around until the weeds are hip high! Sure it is.:rolleyes:

Good evening every...damn...no one's here. :( This is happening a lot lately. I'll just draw me a mug of ale and play the jukebox until someone shows up. :D

Good evening every...damn...no one's here. :( This is happening a lot lately. I'll just draw me a mug of ale and play the jukebox until someone shows up. :D

Good evening, Tom. :kiss: Good evening, naked people. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back