Unable to access Story Categories on Chrome.

Nanocon1

Virgin
Joined
Sep 12, 2019
Posts
1
I recently have been unable to access the Story Categories on the site, whenever i click a category, it begins to load and continues for awhile before telling me 'Page Unresponsive', i believe it began when Chrome updated to Version 77.0.3865.75 but i could be wrong about the connection to the Chrome version(i also tried with Microsft Edge, which worked, but i'd rather not switch to Edge every time i wish to access the site).

Any fix or should i just wait for another Chrome version to hopefully fix it?
 
I recently have been unable to access the Story Categories on the site, whenever i click a category, it begins to load and continues for awhile before telling me 'Page Unresponsive', i believe it began when Chrome updated to Version 77.0.3865.75 but i could be wrong about the connection to the Chrome version(i also tried with Microsft Edge, which worked, but i'd rather not switch to Edge every time i wish to access the site).

Any fix or should i just wait for another Chrome version to hopefully fix it?

Have not been able to access stories since mid day yesterday. I use Chrome too, but as far as I know it hasn't updated recently.
 
I've been having the same problem so I downloaded Firefox and the story page came right up. Must be a Chrome issue...
 
Updated just now, and having same problem. Agree, must be Chrome issue.
Version 77.0.3865.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Was not a problem with previous version. 76.something.
 
Same here. Can't access stories. What's worse is that once it's stuck loading, it'll stay that way and you can't even reach the home page.
 
I'll just pipe up to confirm, after updating Chrome to Version 77.0.3865.75 (Official Build) (64-bit) attempting to open a story category from https://www.literotica.com/stories/index.php does not work. Prior to that update, it worked just fine.

For example: If I click "Anal Stories", I'm directed to https://www.literotica.com/c/anal-sex-stories and the page just sits and spins with "waiting for cache" or "waiting for www.literotica.com" status messages.

The items above the "Stories by Category" section open fine. But anything contained within the "Stories by Category" section do not load.

They load fine using another browser (Safari in my case).
 
Can not access stories

Can't access the story categories on Chrome either, page just loads endlessly. :/
Is there anything that can be done?
 
Same issue here. Can get to individual story categories with Chrome on my PC, but not with Chrome on Android. Noticed it around Friday, but it could've been the day before or after.
 
This is still happening, I haven't been able to access story categories for days now and I would prefer not having to install a new browser to do so. Can the Lit admins figure out what's going on and fix it please?
 
Thank you for the reports! :D

This definitely appears related to Chrome's recent update to version 77.

We are working on a fix now.

I'll post another update soon.
 
This is a confirmed bug in the latest release of Chrome. They have a fix for it already, but it's not rolled out yet and we're not sure how many days until it will be available.

We have just started testing a fix on the Literotica pages. Can anyone who was having the problem go to the Category Hubs in a private window (to avoid cache issues) and see it works for you?

Thank you again for all of the feedback and help tracking this down.
 
This is a confirmed bug in the latest release of Chrome. They have a fix for it already, but it's not rolled out yet and we're not sure how many days until it will be available.

We have just started testing a fix on the Literotica pages. Can anyone who was having the problem go to the Category Hubs in a private window (to avoid cache issues) and see it works for you?

Thank you again for all of the feedback and help tracking this down.

Very strange... it worked for me a few minutes ago, I read two stories. Then I closed the browser because work had to be done.

Now I can't get in there.

I'll wait patiently until they roll out the fix.
Thanks for getting into it so quickly!!!
 
Perhaps, don't use spyware distributed by a company known to gather and sell personal information?
 
Still working fine for me on Android version of Chrome since the fix.
 
It's happening in Brave

Brave is doing the same thing as Chrome. Working in a TOR private window, so cache should not be an issue as Brave does not keep cache past the end of a private window session. The Literotica site comes up normally, and I can access things like the New category and see the favorites in the different categories, but the different general categories go to a blank or background-only page before timing out. These pages occasionally load normally, much to my confusion. I know Brave shares a lot of code with Chrome, but this is not a Chrome-specific issue. This has been happening since 9/17, and is continuing to happen now.
 
Back
Top