Today in Anchorage

Status
Not open for further replies.
ajrBAe8_460s.jpg

That would be the longest day of the year where I was born and bred. That is why as much as I love the place, I will always remain a tourist. I just can't handle the extreme differential swings.

That would be the longest day of the year where I was born and bred. That is why as much as I love the place, I will always remain a tourist. I just can't handle the extreme differential swings.

Can't you just close your eyes when it's time to sleep?

Can't you just close your eyes when it's time to sleep?

Eventually. 1st trip was to Fairbanks around Memorial day. I don't know what they said it was officially. I call it 20 hours of daylight and 4 hours of twilight, and I'm used to streetlights. Didn't sleep while we were there.

When we checked into the Capt. Cook at 10 PM in broad daylight, my brain was fried, and my eyes hurt, but I felt like I should be doing something productive. I don't remember when I went to bed, but I was so tired it didn't matter anymore.
I put the pillow over my eyes and slept. Come to think of it, they had the only effective curtains in Alaska.

I was well aware that I couldn't handle the winter if the night and day were reversed.

Eventually. 1st trip was to Fairbanks around Memorial day. I don't know what they said it was officially. I call it 20 hours of daylight and 4 hours of twilight, and I'm used to streetlights. Didn't sleep while we were there.

When we checked into the Capt. Cook at 10 PM in broad daylight, my brain was fried, and my eyes hurt, but I felt like I should be doing something productive. I don't remember when I went to bed, but I was so tired it didn't matter anymore.
I put the pillow over my eyes and slept. Come to think of it, they had the only effective curtains in Alaska.

I was well aware that I couldn't handle the winter if the night and day were reversed.

I think it's something we just get used to.

Noatak gets shaken!

"Staff at the Noatak school say it shook the whole building for nearly a minute. Ice fishermen on the Noatak River say it pushed water through their fishing hole and on top of the ice."

I should check the earthquake report, before I go fishing ?
(I would not mind looking like a starfish, if that happened while I was fishing.)

Are you making a toast, about something ? (Like, yippee, to a wonderful weekend ?)

It is 3:30 in the morning, over here, and it has been dark outside for a very long time.
No beer for me thanks. ( My body is still kicking all the illness ickies out of the system.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back