Polish		Pantera nie zmienia jego plamy
Russian		Леопард не меняет его пятна
Greek		Leopard δεν αλλάζει τα σημεία του
Spanish		El leopardo no cambia sus manchas
Dutch		De Luipaard wijzigen zijn vlekken niet
Chinese		豹不会改变他的点
Hebrew		הנמר אינה משנה שלו כתמים
Latin		Naturam expelles furca tamen usque recurret

I tested in karate again tonight - instead of going up one belt, as I expected, they bumped me up two.

:D :D :D

I tested in karate again tonight - instead of going up one belt, as I expected, they bumped me up two.

:D :D :D

I have a yellow-striped belt, exactly halfway to black now. :)

Congratulations. I test for my gray sash on the 30th :D

__

I've been fighting a headache all day, and lost the battle when I fell asleep while watching UFC 120. I'm off to bed for the night in a few minutes.

But if I can't write the conclusion correctly for this class, how did I over the past year? And how will I this next year?

I thinking of writing a story based on the Paul Simon song Cecilia. Well, the one verse anyway.

Making love in the afternoon
With Cecilia, up in my bedroom
I got up to wash my face
When I come back to bed someone's taking my place

Back from Paris despite strikes and blockades

Last night I arrived back in England after a week in Paris.

On Friday we were told about the fuel distribution centre strikes. Saturday, as intended, we spent locally, visiting the nearby Chateau and walking along the edge of the Seine. Our sited caravan was about 20 feet from the Seine's edge so we could watch barges and tourist boats passing.

On Sunday morning we returned to Versailles for the third time in a week. It's about 20 miles away. On our previous visits I had noticed a high priced fuel station on a side road. We passed five fuel stations which were closed because their petrol and diesel supplies had run out. At the high-priced station I pulled in, waited about a minute and then filled my tank.

On Sunday evening, returning from Versailles, the high-priced fuel station had a queue half a mile long. The only other open station had a queue a mile long.

On Monday morning we left Paris to return to Calais and the car ferry. Along the Autoroute there are signs to show the distance to the next service station. The first few signs read "54 kms" or "32 kms" but underneath were radio controlled notices "Fermé". We didn't find an open service station selling fuel until we were only 50 miles from Calais but we didn't need fuel.

A Dutch couple were filling their camper van (RV) with diesel. They had intended to tour Normandy for a fortnight, staying at pre-booked locations, but had just learned from their radio that there was NO diesel available anywhere in Normandy. They were filling up to return home, abandoning their holiday.

We were well ahead of time so my wife suggested diverting to the coastal route for the final miles to Calais. We did, stopping for a coffee at a Bistro in a small town, negotiating a long diversion because of road works, and approached Calais through the old port area. We drove into the car ferry area with a quarter of an hour to wait for loading. The ferry was half-empty because many of the booked vehicles were stranded by truck blockades on the Autoroute we had left fifty miles earlier.

We arrived home with a third of a tank of fuel left, watched the TV news which showed the chaos in France that we had avoided.

I'm pleased to be home even though we enjoyed our stay in France.

Og

Crap. That was a bit of news I could have lived without hearing tonight. Tumor on Dad's adrenal gland is metastases. I have a bad feeling things are going to go down hill from here. :(

I lost five pounds! I was waiting until it stuck for a week before saying anything, just in case I ballooned back up, but I didn't! I even dropped down into the 220s for a moment! Let's see if this trend continues at all...

She is so beautiful in many ways. I want her. *sigh*:heart::heart::heart:
I have rarely met such a beauty, her dark eyes shining with a light so bright.
crap crap crap, I wish I was younger.:(

Will soon return to my normal, mild mannered and not vote obsessed self. Just a week or so to go. The tension is getting to me now!

****! Passwords

I use a different password for every website I visit.

Each one is a unique set of letters and numbers and deliberately difficult to remember, and I change them whenever I can.

I can't remember my own passwords, so I have to write them down.

Now the small book in which I record the passwords is full, and in no order. I can't even remember on which page I have written the appropriate password.

I have to buy another book and rewrite everything.

If it wasn't for dedicated hackers I wouldn't need to do this.

I'm not happy.

Og

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back