Firearm Expertise

Bebop3

Really Experienced
Hi,

I'm not sure if this belongs here, but I don't see any other sub-forum that would be more appropriate.

I'm working on a story that will be submitted after the final chapter of my first story is published. It involves weapons and the people that use them (although there is no actual use in the story).

I need to know what sort of weapons specific types of people would use. For example, former LEO, or white collar business types or woman concerned for their safety, etc.

If anyone has some knowledge in this field, I would appreciate their help. I'd be happy to send over the first chapter of the story for their recommendations or I can just describe the characters and go from there. Whatever works.

Thanks!

Oh great - watch all the gun nuts roll in salivating over their masturbatory knowledge of their pew pew items.

Hi,

I'm not sure if this belongs here, but I don't see any other sub-forum that would be more appropriate.

I'm working on a story that will be submitted after the final chapter of my first story is published. It involves weapons and the people that use them (although there is no actual use in the story).

I need to know what sort of weapons specific types of people would use. For example, former LEO, or white collar business types or woman concerned for their safety, etc.

If anyone has some knowledge in this field, I would appreciate their help. I'd be happy to send over the first chapter of the story for their recommendations or I can just describe the characters and go from there. Whatever works.

Thanks!

Speaking as a writer (and only as a writer), I'd stick with the ubiquitous .9mm, probably Glock or Smith and Wesson, and glaze past it if you aren't already something of an aficionado. Assuming, of course, it's set anytime from about about mid 80s to current. A .38 revolver in the seventies or sixties. Probably Colt .44 or .45 anytime before that. A "Peacemaker" pre-1912 western. ^ That's assuming it's absolutely essential to mention anything at all to further the story (which I'm having trouble imagining for a piece of erotic fiction in which you say there will be no actual discharge).

You could throw in a .25 semiautomatic purse piece for the femme fatale or a .38 snub bulldog for varieties sake or if you are going Mickey Spillane noir. But, I would stay away from getting into the grain used in building your own loads. Only the most hardcore rabid fanatic is going to get anything out of that beyond background noise anyway.

Anything beyond that, I would probably eschew Literotica.com and google up or swing out to your local cop watering hole and buy them a round or two. Typically your local gun and ammo shopkeeper will be willing to stand around and bend your ear between customers too, so long as you have no problems jawing with a guy with one hand constantly on his sidearm and the other holding a spit cup for his tobacco juice atop his beer belly.

*(ETA; Don't, whatever you do, do NOT eyeball the sidearm of either the boys with badges or the shopkeeper while you are speaking with them! Not unless you want to set them at condition yellow.)

Last edited:

Thanks!

Hi,

I would certainly be interested in reading the first chapter when you finish it. I'm trying to visualize how firearms would be a focal point of sorts but not their use. An intriguing concept.

As for what types of weapons people would use, I think physical dimensions will play a role as well as environment. Former LEOs might be more comfortable with duty pieces, and someone with very diminutive hands wouldn't try using a Desert Eagle pistol. Besides that, it all comes down to preference.

I'd agree with PuckIt and keep it generic, 9mm for pistol, .38 or .357 for revolver, 12 gauge for shotgun, unless you have specific requirements.

Also, if you want your firearm folk to read your story without wincing, double-check the terminology. Get the details accurate, unlike the news or hollywood. :D

bing bang boo pow pow pow
Gun violence in the United States
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_presidential_campaign,_2000

such a sexy thing to glorify in a story

WgZo1_s-200x150.gif

A gun that is little more than a uniform prop the same as the vest, tonfa or asp, the pepper spray, the handcuffs, and radio? Or Donald Trump and Jesse Ventura in the Reform Party 2000?

Woman - S&W Body Guard .380 Automatic

Man - Colt/S&W/etc. 1911 .45 Automatic - Why shoot twice. ;)

Was there anything in what I said that would lead you to believe that I wanted to glorify guns or gun use?

NightL has an axe to grind and is rabidly anti-gun. Best bet is to talk to someone in PM who knows something about guns in the context you are writing in or better go take a course at a local range (like handgun 101) and get a feel for how they are actually used and the safety procedures involved.

I know a reasonable amount about firearms, I'd be happy to contribute, if you dont already have someone.

Hi,

Thanks!

Those would be handguns, something I know little about.

I'm a hunter, a shotgun and rifle type.

That said, from watching cop shows, I always wonder how if someone who is unfamiliar with a semi-auto handgun grabs or finds a pistol, how do they know if the safety is on or off for example. And also, how do they know if it is cocked or not.

As far as I know, it is unsafe to carry some pistols cocked, locked and loaded as they say, if only the safety is stopping you from shooting yourself.

In the European shows in particular, when a cop draws his pistol, he or she then cocks it by working the slide.

So if someone not familiar with a semi-auto pistol grabs one, how do they know it is even ready to shoot? Invariably it is though.

As an aside, have you ever noticed in movies and cops shows that whenever anyone grabs a pump action shotgun the first they do it work the slide?

You know what that does? If the gun was loaded to start with (and that's assumed because you never see anyone actually loading one) , the character has just ejected a perfectly good shell OUT of the gun, reducing his firepower.

Another one is when - and this is symptomatic of English cops shows like Midsummer Murders - when someone points a break action shotgun at another person, there is a sound like a gun being cocked. Well guess what folks, 9 times out of 10 they are hammerless shotguns so the action of closing the barrels into the action cocks it. There is no external mechanism that goes "Click!" or "Kachunk."

Those would be handguns, something I know little about.

I'm a hunter, a shotgun and rifle type.

As far as I know, it is unsafe to carry some pistols cocked, locked and loaded as they say, if only the safety is stopping you from shooting yourself.

I was writing some answers to your questions, but this had me scratching my head.

As you are a shotgun/rifle guy, why on earth would you say a safety is the only thing stopping you from shooting yourself?

YOU are the safety, or at least you darn well should be. YOU are what is in control of the firearm. Didn't you take a hunter safety course?

Better stated here: https://gunsafetyrules.nra.org/

Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
Always keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.

Anyway, sorry to get off track, but I felt that had best be addressed.

I was writing some answers to your questions, but this had me scratching my head.

As you are a shotgun/rifle guy, why on earth would you say a safety is the only thing stopping you from shooting yourself?

YOU are the safety, or at least you darn well should be. YOU are what is in control of the firearm. Didn't you take a hunter safety course?

Better stated here: https://gunsafetyrules.nra.org/

Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
Always keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.

Anyway, sorry to get off track, but I felt that had best be addressed.

Stay on the subject and leave the personal attacks alone.

I was saying if someone carries a loaded pistol with just the safety on it is unsafe. Even worse if they are so clueless as to not have it on. Did you ever see that video of the cop who tries to show a class of children his handgun and shoots himself?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am-Qdx6vky0

You don't know me or how I behave with a gun. Hunting with an unloaded gun doesn't work.

By the way in over 50 years, the only accidental discharge I ever experienced was that first time I fucked a girl. In that case her pubic hair tickled the end of mypenis and I ejaculated all over her vulva and pubic hair before getting my cock into her. Oh wait, that's for another forum.

Last edited:
Quite a few of the older firearms designs were not particularly safe.

That meant, that for both pistols and revolvers, “hammer down on an empty chamber” was the safest way to carry them.

For the revolver that meant, that you would have five rather than six shots (but you would have to cock the hammer anyway).
For the pistol, you would have to rack the slide to chamber the first round.

Safeties on many older pistols only blocks the trigger mechanisms, meaning that even on safe, if you have the hammer down on a loaded chamber, the hammer snagging on something may fire the shot.

The safety on newer desigs typically blocks the firing pin too.

I read a story last week where the author repeatedly referred to "Cocking The Trigger"

While talking about shooting someone with a 9MM Semi-automatic handgun.:rolleyes:

I may send off an email yet...

Was there anything in what I said that would lead you to believe that I wanted to glorify guns or gun use?

Why else include them in an erotica story, but to make your big gun spurt creamy stuff?

Fuck a bunch'a guns and the National Ratchet Asses.

Back