One button suits

Tryharder62

Keep Believing
As a heavier person who couldn't always button what needed to be buttoned, I ask why would someone deliberately design a suit to look like it is too small. Why the one button small suit?

ExpressStudioStretchOneButtonBlazer1.jpg
untitledps1.jpg

I think the posted pics say why. One button suits are not for heavier persons.

I think the posted pics say why. One button suits are not for heavier persons.

I know but don't they make the small person look like they must have gained weight and can't fit into the suit they use to wear? I mean I was one buttoning my suit before it was cool.:D

:rolleyes:

You usually only button one button on a suit and you unbutton it when you sit.

:eek:

I realize that many of you are young, may have never worn a suit and cannot tie a tie, but do I have to admonish you, as my Sociology professor lectured us? "If you're in a suit, you don't wear short sleeves..."

Why the one button small suit?

untitledps1.jpg

Looks good on womenz.....

The menz however bleh...looks like some gay hipster shit.

I like the more traditional, clean and simple style suits.
Bishop-Don-Magic-Juan.jpg

But I'm a dull boring person so....*shrug*

Last edited:
It's like skinny jeans, not everyone could or should pull it off.

And why did leggings become yoga pants? They're the same thing.

I don't know...

Another thing that pisses me off was Loveryboy's comeback complete with spandex!

You have to know when that moment in time has passed. ;) ;)

I don't know...

Another thing that pisses me off was Loveryboy's comeback complete with spandex!

You have to know when that moment in time has passed. ;) ;)

Hahahaha Loverboy had a comeback? Was their junk too much in your face?

As a heavier person who couldn't always button what needed to be buttoned, I ask why would someone deliberately design a suit to look like it is too small. Why the one button small suit?

untitledps1.jpg

It's fashion. Don't try to apply reason to it.

I don't have a problem with middle age females in yoga pants. Tight enough to be a bit supportive and not see through to hide skin imperfections. I will admit I was surprised that I did not have an issue with them. Didn't expect them to be even a tiny bit flattering.

I hate skinny jeans. A girl in them better befit the look to a tee. Any guy in skinny jeans needs to shot!

It's like skinny jeans, not everyone could or should pull it off.

I've seen more muffin top men in skinny jeans than I'd like to admit...

It's horrifying!

And they look like they all smell of vinegar and feet.

I have seen the jokes about the Joseph Banks ads with offerings of one one get 3 for free, which is great if you are in the market for 3 suits at one time and don't mind laying out $500.00 for the first one.

With that said, JB sells mostly the classic look and not the trendy "stylish" crap you see in department stores. I agree with BB that a single button suit along with the un-tuct shirt look is for pinhead hipsters.

I have seen the jokes about the Joseph Banks ads with offerings of one one get 3 for free, which is great if you are in the market for 3 suits at one time and don't mind laying out $500.00 for the first one.

With that said, JB sells mostly the classic look and not the trendy "stylish" crap you see in department stores. I agree with BB that a single button suit along with the un-tuct shirt look is for pinhead hipsters.

I've been in the market for a suit for sometime. I went to get one. My shoulders are to wide, my waist is to small, and my thighs are to big. They offered me a deal on a ill fitting coat and pant. I looked like i was wearing something straight out of a tarp manufacturer.

$500 for a tailored suit seemed pretty reasonable after that. Of course, I've never been able to buy 'off the rack'.

Miles Davis.

He invented the one button suit and popularized it. They're fairly hot right now for social events where a regular suit is to stodgy and tuxedo is too formal - think hanging out at the jazz club with your lady.

It's definitely a niche suit or sport coat (you also see them in tuxedos).

I've seen more muffin top men in skinny jeans than I'd like to admit...

It's horrifying!

And they look like they all smell of vinegar and feet.

Muffin tops? It's always the ohhh he's not circumcised is he, for me. Gawd ball huggers, like tight bell bottoms of the 70's.
I remember when leggings were what you wore under a skirt. A skirt that went at least to your knees. :eek: I had one almost like this.

x354-q80.jpg

That thing would be dragging on the floor for me, I wouldn't need leggings.
I've been in the market for a suit for sometime. I went to get one. My shoulders are to wide, my waist is to small, and my thighs are to big. They offered me a deal on a ill fitting coat and pant. I looked like i was wearing something straight out of a tarp manufacturer.

$500 for a tailored suit seemed pretty reasonable after that. Of course, I've never been able to buy 'off the rack'.

Your suit description made me :D

Back