Are they siblings

SuperWill19

Really Experienced
I have an idea this couple could either be in their last year of high school late in the year or it could take place shortly after graduation or early on in college. They have sex and later on find out that they could possibly be siblings. They could find that out before or after she discovers she's pregnant. But eventually they find out that it was a false alarm and they are in fact not blood related. It was just that the dad of one of them had sex with the mother of the other around the time they were conceived. So they could either continue their relationship and eventually get married or agree to just be friends or go their separate ways.

The parents could do that or they could be at the point they moved past that kind of relationship. Depends on if someone takes the story. They could decide that kind of detail.

Maybe flip it around - they are at first alarmed that they might be related, then decide they really like the idea, then have a scare that they're not actually related, but false alarm, happy ending they are actually half siblings (but legally they're unrelated and free to marry).

I would have them be full siblings, but they don't find out about it until they are deeply in love and happily married, and trying to start a family. Then, somehow they find out the awful truth.

To keep the conflict going, I would have one of them be okay with it (maybe even be turned on by it), and the other be horrified. But either way, they would probably start using birth control.

Oh! Maybe an even better idea: Same as above, but they only get news that they MIGHT be full siblings. They don't know for sure, and neither does the reader. They submit to genetic testing, but then have to wait a few weeks for the test results. I'd still have one be horrified by the idea and one kind of turned on by it. The not-knowing would lend a whole different dynamic to the story as they attempt to deal with the possibility, while waiting for the tests to come back that will finally answer the question once and for all.

Personally, I'd like to end the story with the envelope coming back from the lab, but they've already come to terms with the situation in their minds and don't really need the info. They toss it into the fire. But that would probably piss off a lot of readers who think that answering questions is more important than exploring conflicts.

Last edited:
How about a variation of the "Parent Trap" premise? Imagine that they're siblings, born no more than a year apart, perhaps even fraternal twins. One male, one female. The parents split up and, for whatever reason, each decide to take one of the children with them. Now years later, Dad is dying. The parents get in touch and decide that they should introduce the children before it's too late. Dad arrives with son. Son meets his sister in the hotel bar and is smitten. Without knowing of their true relationship, they fall into sex together.

The next day, surprise! Here is your long lost sibling. They have to deal with the angst of what happened and struggle with the desire to continue their relationship. Of course, they decide to continue.

You could start this tale when the siblings first encounter each other and walk them through the instant connection they feel, with part 1 being all about their first, super-wonderful sex. End part 1 with the introduction. Part 2 picks up and leads into them giving into desires and having sex again. They can swear that it's over after that, but each of them knows that isn't true. Part 3 has them hooking up a third time, finally throwing guilt out the window and accepting that they're going to be together.

Further parts could bring Mom in, if you wanted to keep it going.

I would have them be full siblings, but they don't find out about it until they are deeply in love and happily married, and trying to start a family. Then, somehow they find out the awful truth.

To keep the conflict going, I would have one of them be okay with it (maybe even be turned on by it), and the other be horrified. But either way, they would probably start using birth control.

Oh! Maybe an even better idea: Same as above, but they only get news that they MIGHT be full siblings. They don't know for sure, and neither does the reader. They submit to genetic testing, but then have to wait a few weeks for the test results. I'd still have one be horrified by the idea and one kind of turned on by it. The not-knowing would lend a whole different dynamic to the story as they attempt to deal with the possibility, while waiting for the tests to come back that will finally answer the question once and for all.

Personally, I'd like to end the story with the envelope coming back from the lab, but they've already come to terms with the situation in their minds and don't really need the info. They toss it into the fire. But that would probably piss off a lot of readers who think that answering questions is more important than exploring conflicts.

Not bad. Maybe after they throw the paper in the fire the author could tell the reader the truth or just say that the results would be left up to our imagination.

How about a variation of the "Parent Trap" premise? Imagine that they're siblings, born no more than a year apart, perhaps even fraternal twins. One male, one female. The parents split up and, for whatever reason, each decide to take one of the children with them. Now years later, Dad is dying. The parents get in touch and decide that they should introduce the children before it's too late. Dad arrives with son. Son meets his sister in the hotel bar and is smitten. Without knowing of their true relationship, they fall into sex together.

The next day, surprise! Here is your long lost sibling. They have to deal with the angst of what happened and struggle with the desire to continue their relationship. Of course, they decide to continue.

You could start this tale when the siblings first encounter each other and walk them through the instant connection they feel, with part 1 being all about their first, super-wonderful sex. End part 1 with the introduction. Part 2 picks up and leads into them giving into desires and having sex again. They can swear that it's over after that, but each of them knows that isn't true. Part 3 has them hooking up a third time, finally throwing guilt out the window and accepting that they're going to be together.

Further parts could bring Mom in, if you wanted to keep it going.

I had already thought of that story idea. But have never been able to do that. But if you or someone else wanted to do that. That would be okay.

Back