Looking for beta reader(s) for brother/sister story

rebel_code

Really Experienced
Joined
Jun 12, 2018
Posts
124
In the intro note to my last published story, I made a mocking crack about stories with "literary pretensions". That's mostly because I was working on one. It's close to 15,000 words now and almost ready to see daylight. It's got the (I hope) hot sex and the other elements I'm told that I/T readers crave, but also a good deal of emotional content, not all related to the incest aspect, and some attempt at a theme.
I would love to have one or more readers who know what makes a good story take a look and let me know I'm Doing It Wrong if I am. I hope the number of technical flubs you'll have to deal with will be few and you can concentrate on how it all hangs together. Also, I don't have a title yet and suggestions would be welcome.
Private messages are turned on and I check the forum every day. Thanks!
 
Maybe it will spark a little interest if I give a quick synopsis of the story.

Tony (first person narrator) is a graduate student and in the story's present is in the middle of a painful breakup/separation from his wife. He travels to his parents' home over spring break for emotional re-connection and comfort. During the visit he and his younger sister Emma, just now coming of age, discover their attraction, which Tony struggles with. He and Emma have always had a special bond as siblings, shown in flashbacks. When they finally do the deed, they are almost discovered, and afterward both realize the impossibility of continuing a sexual relationship, but agree that their one time together has deepened their bond. Tony returns home to find a request for a meeting with his soon-to-be ex-wife. The story closes with Tony making a life-changing decision (not to give away everything).

The story of mine that this is closest to in style is "Letting It Go", but I feel that this one is more ambitious, so hoping for another set of eyes on it before putting it out there.
 
Last edited:
I'm not sure I'd be the best beta reader, but I'd be happy to give it a try if you don't mind. What kind of critique are you looking for?
 
Back
Top