TSCLT 5.0:The Hemi Dungeon Powered By Bacon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for Pro-panel?


Actually, I'll take another look at it to see what I missed, because I missed something.


Obviously.


If this round doesn't get it done, I'll look into the spray-on EPDM coating and just upgrade the entire thing. Which might be what I should do anyway. Lay 25 mils down and spray another 12 mils over that every 10 years.


Tomorrow looks perfect for a go at it.


3c75e082e5dffdfbd1715a85c9337fda--erotic-photography-girl-photography.jpg
 
Yeah, I need to check on their max pitch.


I think mine may be 4:12., or a tad less.


I'm looking into that 6.5 Creedmore. Very interesting . . . .


tumblr_ouhz5h56r61wv0172o1_500.jpg
 
I did some tests with it and 12/6 - 12/7 seemed to be the limit. Too much sag after that. With 12/4 you should be good to go.

The 6.5 is the go to round for all around purposes. Good for all N. American game save the biggest bears. Moose might be a stretch beyond a few hundred yards as well. At one time it was like the 270, limited by bullet selection but that is no longer the case. Only the 7mm and the 30 cal. has larger selections and that's not even addressing "useful" bullet weights. My 300WM is sub 1/2 MOA with 180gr. on up. I've yet to find a load with the lighter bullets that shoots worth a damn.

The 6.5 was long considered one of the most accurate hi-power cartridges.......in theory. But no one managed to get the right combination of case/bullet to realize that potential until Hornady coughed up the Creedmore. The closest any one came was the 264 WinMag. if you didn't mind buying a new barrel after every 400 rnds or so.

A friend took an Ibex at 495 yds with his 6.5 last year. It will reach out there.
 
I remember reading some about the 260 Remington and wondering (while wondering about all other manner of fetid fecality) why nobody had dicked around with it to make it shoot.


Truth is, it looks lots like the Creedmore.


And I see they've come up with the 6mm version. A la the 243 . . . .


Got the fone back up to snuff, and didn't lose very many numbers.


efb31b0301b94faddd65fee4601024f5.jpg
 
Oh look....Que tried to ascribe something to me in the Des thread and got publicly bitchslapped once more.

It's not always about you, diddums.

#HeTriesSooHard
 
poor poor pitiful sQUEak

Que is the face of meth addiction.

Don't be like Que.

#DrugAwareness

As a part-time delivery driver, I doubt he makes enough money to afford meth. My personal theory is he forgets to take his Xanax, the Aspbergers and OCD kick in, and we are "gifted" with 200+ shitposts per day.
 
Yeah, the 6.5 RemMag was remington's answer to the 264. Although adequate for smaller game it had some issues. Remington designed it to work in short actions consequently it had a short case neck. Because of the chamber specs (free bore/throat dimensions) this meant with heavier bullets the bullet had to be seated deeper in the case which reduced powder capacity which reduced performance. So it never really lived up to its potential.
 
But it's a good bullet, and a real killer as an anti-personnel round.


I have a 6.5 Swede which is fun to shoot.


Caught some Taco Tuesday with the kids. It was a good visit, as usual.


I really do miss the crowd from down the road, tho' . . . .


tumblr_o2h022euHv1r9x3w6o1_500.jpg
 
That Southern hospitality is not a myth.

Virtually all of the European 6.5's are good shooters. It's when you get to 500 yds or beyond that the Creedmoor starts making itself known.
 
Happy payday Wednesday, and thanks be to Allah for all of her mercies and manifold great blessings for more money to squander on household repairs and firearms and motorcycle stuff.


Oh, and for health insurance and hefty contributions to the old retirement plan - like retirement will happen anytime soon. I guess that that's the "plan" part. :rolleyes:


Morning meditations partly done and partly in process.


The a/c is getting ready to get turned off and the windows opened. Today will be one of those summer days which are the things of songs and poetry.


641a4b987c286082dbaf82158eb7d4a9.jpg



tettone_73.jpg
 
The roof will be damp for most of the day. It'll have to wait until tomorrow.


Meanwhile, the house is getting switched over from CFL to LED light bulbs. The instant on factor will be nice, and these use a tad fewer watts than the ones in place. They're also brighter and will stay that way. And (I think) they can be tossed in the regular garbage when they crap out, as opposed to having to be recycled.


Which means a trip to the Orange Lowe's to unload these damned things.


Could be worser . . . .


5.jpg
 
No way in hell I would get rid of a functioning lightbulb, regardless the modus for illumination.. I am far too cheap for that. Hell I've still got a couple of incandescence in this place that when they go out I give 'em the old finger tap to get the filament to weld itself back together again
 
It's a matter of the investment.


These new bulbs were jobsite leftovers.


They are replacing at-the-end-of-their-lifespan jobsite leftovers.


I have nothing in this, nothing at all.


tumblr_n2sie0OgYx1r9x3w6o1_1280.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top