Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
fieryjen said:
What do you call the big thing soup goes in after it is made? You know, the thing that you serve it in. Before you pour or ladle it into a bowl. :confused:

Tureen?

That can be the bowl you serve it in, too, the individual bowl...

Vermilion said:
Tureen?

That can be the bowl you serve it in, too, the individual bowl...
Yes , I think that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! :kiss: :kiss:

Vermilion said:
you're welcome - all worth it for a kiss ;)
x
V
Aw :cathappy:

I have another silly question:

I there a word for a woman holding up the front of her dress so she won't step on it, say when she's climbing stairs? "Holding up" doesn't sound very sophisticated.

fieryjen said:

I there a word for a woman holding up the front of her dress so she won't step on it, say when she's climbing stairs? "Holding up" doesn't sound very sophisticated.

Raising...
Otherwise you may just be stucking with 'holding up'

You could try something like:

"She held tightly to the loop of dress she had caught up to keep her skirts out of the mud"

ok?
x
V

Last edited:
fieryjen said:

Cautious?

Try raised as in: she stooped, raising the hem of her dress...

Vermilion said:
Raising...
Otherwise you may just be stucking with 'holding up'

You could try something like:

"She held tightly to the loop of dress she had caught up to keep her skirts off the floor/out of her way"

ok?
x
V
neonlyte said:
Cautious?

Try raised as in: she stooped, raising the hem of her dress...
Thanks. :kiss: :kiss: She's sort of running up the stairs. Raising will work, for some reason I couldn't think of it. :rolleyes:

I've had an....interesting day so far.

9:00 am: heading out to go by the bank and then pay the rent. A friend calls who's in between homes at the moment (staying with a friend) - she's gotten an apartment, but needs a ride to the utility board to get the power turned on. "Fine. Let me pay the rent, then I'll come get you."

We go to the utility board, but they need a copy of her SS card, which is in her car which happens to be in impound. No problem, we go to where the car is, but they want $30 to let her get her stuff, and all the money she has is what is needed for her electricity deposit.

Off to the Social Security office to request a new card. They apparently have several workers out, because there is only one to be seen, and a waiting room so full, there are no seats left. We sit for awhile.

She realizes that the apt. office has a copy of her SS card, so we call the utility board to see if that will work. Yes, it will. Off to the apt. complex office.

We get there, there's a sign on the door: "Back at 11:30." Its 11:20, so we'll wait. 11:45, no one has shown up yet, and I have to pee, so off we go to find something to eat, and use a restroom somewhere.

Noon: we're back at the apt. complex. No one is there yet. We wait some more.

12:30 Finally someone shows up. Its a matter of minutes to get a copy of a copy, and we head back to the utility board.

While there, the friend she was staying with calls, and says that DHR has showed up at her house, and will be back at 2:30. Her stuff needs to be out of the friend's house pronto.

Back over there, stuff my car as full as it will go with clothing, etc. (I learned how much will fit in a caddy).

Now I have to go pick my son up at school, and then meet her at her new apt. to drop said stuff off with her.

I'm tired.

cloudy said:

9:00 am: heading out to go by the bank and then pay the rent. A friend calls who's in between homes at the moment (staying with a friend) - she's gotten an apartment, but needs a ride to the utility board to get the power turned on. "Fine. Let me pay the rent, then I'll come get you."

We go to the utility board, but they need a copy of her SS card, which is in her car which happens to be in impound. No problem, we go to where the car is, but they want $30 to let her get her stuff, and all the money she has is what is needed for her electricity deposit.

Off to the Social Security office to request a new card. They apparently have several workers out, because there is only one to be seen, and a waiting room so full, there are no seats left. We sit for awhile.

She realizes that the apt. office has a copy of her SS card, so we call the utility board to see if that will work. Yes, it will. Off to the apt. complex office.

We get there, there's a sign on the door: "Back at 11:30." Its 11:20, so we'll wait. 11:45, no one has shown up yet, and I have to pee, so off we go to find something to eat, and use a restroom somewhere.

12:30 Finally someone shows up. Its a matter of minutes to get a copy of a copy, and we head back to the utility board.

While there, the friend she was staying with calls, and says that DHR has showed up at her house, and will be back at 2:30. Her stuff needs to be out of the friend's house pronto.

Back over there, stuff my car as full as it will go with clothing, etc. (I learned how much will fit in a caddy).

Now I have to go pick my son up at school, and then meet her at her new apt. to drop said stuff off with her.

I'm tired.
Omg! I get tired reading it. *warm hugs* :heart: :heart:

Nirvanadragones said:
I've limited her to vegetarian, considering Jessi's coming over for dinner. So it's all safe. Mostly. :cool:

But thanks for your concern. I share it. Don't tell her.

Just be careful of the cheese. Everything else sounds safe enough.

cloudy said:

I'm tired.
So... how much you written today?

Sounds about as complex as doing anything here. I have three seperate Power of Attorneys to collect the wife's mail, one for general, one for the tax authorities and public utilities, and one for private utilities :rolleyes:

Gi_Venus said:
OOoo I have not seen snow in years. Hi Dino :kiss::)
I'll send you some snow. As long as you don't mind liquid snow arriving at your door. :cool:

Hi back, Gianna. :kiss: :rose:

cloudy said:

I'm tired.

Update: picked up son at school then went to buy him a video game I'd promised him.

I arrive at her new apt. at 3:15 (the designated time), and no sign of her.

We go and get some milk, then go back to the apt. in case she's shown up. Nope. I call her phone - no answer. I'm aggravated, and I'm not waiting.

Three blocks from my house, she calls. "Where you at?"

"I'm going home. I went by there twice."

"Now they're saying I need a criminal background check, so I had to run by the courthouse and get it, and I'm not going to be at the apt. office before they close, so I don't know where I'm staying tonight."

"Call me when you find out."

I know where her clothes are staying - they're still in my trunk, and in the backseat. So many of them that I can't use my rearview mirror. I had planned on grocery shopping tomorrow, but I can't until I get her clothes out of my car.

Sometimes, I wonder....

cloudy said:
Update: picked up son at school then went to buy him a video game I'd promised him.

I arrive at her new apt. at 3:15 (the designated time), and no sign of her.

We go and get some milk, then go back to the apt. in case she's shown up. Nope. I call her phone - no answer. I'm aggravated, and I'm not waiting.

Three blocks from my house, she calls. "Where you at?"

"I'm going home. I went by there twice."

"Now they're saying I need a criminal background check, so I had to run by the courthouse and get it, and I'm not going to be at the apt. office before they close, so I don't know where I'm staying tonight."

"Call me when you find out."

I know where her clothes are staying - they're still in my trunk, and in the backseat. So many of them that I can't use my rearview mirror. I had planned on grocery shopping tomorrow, but I can't until I get her clothes out of my car.

Sometimes, I wonder....

Eep! *big big hugs* :heart: :heart:

*hugs* cloudy :rose:

Mils: I'm gonna buy a sledge! :nana:

Gianna: You should come up here, I know a great spot to go snowsledging. :cool:

How men (and women) can help but be completely fascinated by her, I shall never understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back