The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back from the gym. Feeling sore and feeling good. (Those bicep curls kill me every time)

*Flags down Rolph for two beers, hands one to topace* No hard feelings, buddy. Just don't like people stealing my things. ;)
Bleh! I hate beer!

Way too bitter for my taste buds!

Drats... and I hate beer with a passion!

Now if I could have some Smirnoff Vodka in a cooler like Smirnoff Ice... :)

I didn't used to like the stuff but after college and waiting to enter the Army, I played handball every day in the desert heat of Riveside, California. Let me tell you, that can give you a taste for cold beer really, really quickly. Then the Army sent me to San Francisco, home of Anchor Steam and then to Germany.:eek: My beery fate was sealed.

Drats... and I hate beer with a passion!

Now if I could have some Smirnoff Vodka in a cooler like Smirnoff Ice... :)

If you are ever in the Seattle area, I'm taking you to Taphouse. With 160 beers on tap, you WILL find something you like. They have good small plates too, including sushi.

LOL! How about Karl Strauss' in San Diego and points north? You don't even have to order any beer. Just order lunch and the waitress will keep bringing you quarter pints of all their various flavors to try. And if you tell her you don't like bitter, she'll find some that aren't. hic!

I used to love the beers I drank in Germany (mostly Dortmunder, as I recall), but my favourite were the Dutch beers (Amstel, Heineken, Breda).

These days, I'll have a glass of good English Bitter (Courage Directors for choice).

Here we are
http://www.taphousegrill.com/pdf/main_beer_print.pdf

HP, Bear, got any recommendations for next time I go?

If I may make a suggestion please?

You might try the Fullers bitter.

Last time I tried it, it wasn't too bad, for a London beer (the best English beer comes from Burton-on-Trent on account of the water. A pleasant alternative is Tetley Bitter (from Leeds, but for the same reason).

Good morning! I'm looking forward to a day filled with writing and baking. Good thing too... I just looked out back to see snow flurries. GAH!! At least it was warm enough yesterday that I doubt any of this will stick.

john, looking over that menu of yours, I'm seeing a few of my favorites. :) Unibroue's Blanche de Chambly is light and slightly fizzy with hints of orange. I remember liking Pyramid's Apricot Ale when I was back in WA. None of the ciders are familiar, but they all sound good (I'm a cider fan anyway). Another decent one is the Lindeman's Framboise, although I prefer their Cerise.

Heh, just checked the window. The flurries have already stopped.

My badly installed Windows 8 won't open the list so I can't be much help. However, if on that list they have Sam Adams Winter Lager, it's my favorite! I wait nine months each year for it to show up around November 1st.

If you are ever in the Seattle area, I'm taking you to Taphouse. With 160 beers on tap, you WILL find something you like. They have good small plates too, including sushi.
Good thing I don't have (and can't get) a passport in that case!

Good morning party-goers from chilly Alberta!

If I may make a suggestion please?

You might try the Fullers bitter.

Last time I tried it, it wasn't too bad, for a London beer (the best English beer comes from Burton-on-Trent on account of the water. A pleasant alternative is Tetley Bitter (from Leeds, but for the same reason).

I will definitely try that. The Redhook ESB on that list is one of may favorites, mainly because it's a local company.

Good morning! I'm looking forward to a day filled with writing and baking. Good thing too... I just looked out back to see snow flurries. GAH!! At least it was warm enough yesterday that I doubt any of this will stick.

john, looking over that menu of yours, I'm seeing a few of my favorites. :) Unibroue's Blanche de Chambly is light and slightly fizzy with hints of orange. I remember liking Pyramid's Apricot Ale when I was back in WA. None of the ciders are familiar, but they all sound good (I'm a cider fan anyway). Another decent one is the Lindeman's Framboise, although I prefer their Cerise.

Heh, just checked the window. The flurries have already stopped.

Don't think I've had a Belgian before, so that's another I will need to try. When I was there last Friday, I did have the Spire Apple Cider (over a serving of Makers Mark Cheesecake). It's a white apple cider that's very clean, light and crisp. It tastes a lot like Martinellis...only with alcohol. I've actually had the Apricot Ale and I agree, It's wonderful.

Y-You think you could...you know...send some of whatever you're baking over here?

My badly installed Windows 8 won't open the list so I can't be much help. However, if on that list they have Sam Adams Winter Lager, it's my favorite! I wait nine months each year for it to show up around November 1st.

Have the updated version of Adobe Reader installed?

I'm also a fan of Sam Adams. However, my go-to beer is the Mac & Jack's African Amber. I should mention that this list doesn't even include their rotating handles which has another 30+ beers on it.

Good thing I don't have (and can't get) a passport in that case!

Good morning party-goers from chilly Alberta!

All of -1 here, and I went out to pick up the recycling bins wearing yoga pants and a fleece jacket. Glad it's a short trip!

topace, I could mention that there are some fantastic places here that are probably better than john's Taphouse Grill. Two benefits - you don't need a passport and I'm really not that much of a beer drinker. ;) Oh, I'm watching Heroes, part 2 right now. *sniff*

Now, I believe I had a couple requests for chocolate chip cookies? I was thinking something seasonal, guys, but....

All of -1 here, and I went out to pick up the recycling bins wearing yoga pants and a fleece jacket. Glad it's a short trip!

Now, I believe I had a couple requests for chocolate chip cookies? I was thinking something seasonal, guys, but....

You mean REAL mince pies ?
Oh yes please!

I'm not feeling quite that adventurous, HP. I decided on cut-out cookies in holiday shapes. :)

So? Cookie dough is one of the happy memories of childhood. I'm off to assemble a pizza. Sauce is made, meat and onions are cooked, cheese is sliced an so are the tomatoes. All ready to go.

That's a good point, Bear. Let me be specific and say that the dough is chilling in the refrigerator and therefore, not on baking sheets yet. This is a great dough for sneaking bits of.

Mmm, sounds like it's going to be a good pizza. Do you do a thin or thick crust?

That's a good point, Bear. Let me be specific and say that the dough is chilling in the refrigerator and therefore, not on baking sheets yet. This is a great dough for sneaking bits of.

Mmm, sounds like it's going to be a good pizza. Do you do a thin or thick crust?

Given a choice I'd do Chicago Deep Dish. However, given my need to keep my blood sugar levels low I eat a very low glycemic diet and that means my pizzas are all whole wheat thin crust. Not the best in the world but satisfactory, most satisfactory.

They haven't been baked yet, sugar. ;)

Well, I plan to steal a couple out of your kitchen when you do get them made.

So? Cookie dough is one of the happy memories of childhood. I'm off to assemble a pizza. Sauce is made, meat and onions are cooked, cheese is sliced an so are the tomatoes. All ready to go.

Agreed on the cookie dough! Say, can you send a slice of that pizza my way? Pleeeeaaassseeeeee?

I'm not feeling quite that adventurous, HP. I decided on cut-out cookies in holiday shapes. :)

Oh come on, please.
What's difficult about pastry ? (according to my late Mum, anyway).

And yes, a pinched bit of dough makes the day (I used to get well scolded for that when I was young). Later, she used to leave me some; same with the cake mix (heavy fruit cake).

Oh happy days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back