Is it too late to change catagories after a story has posted

mikey2much

Literotica Guru
I wrote a story that I liked a lot. It dealt with a man married to a wife that insisted that he allow her to pick up hitchhikers for sex whenever she wanted to. The name of the story is 'The Last Hitchhiker' and I posted it in loving wives. That place is a meat grinder for stories.

I think the story might be better received if it were to be moved to exotic horror. The story is about the festering hatred building inside the man until that last night when his wife pushed him one hitchhiker too far. I do believe it could be considered a horror tale.

My question is this. I have already taken it down and following advice from comments made a lot of changes. When I re-posted it as new I got readers commenting on reading something similar before, as if they thought I had copied some one else s work. Can I just move the story with having to re-post it again?

I think the easiest thing would be to send Laurel a PM and request the change, and explain why.

Oh, and the same thing happened to me with reposting a story. I started one, took it down, retitled and resubmitted it later -- and was accused of plagiarism. ;)

Agree with PennLady on the fastest route being to ask Laurel directly by PM.

But on the plagiarism, I find it flattering when someone points out (despite it being explained in my profile) that I post the same stories at another site under a different name than at this site (because this site wouldn't let me register in the other name). I think it's flattering that they remember the story and thoughtful that they care enough to try to protect the original author.

Now I once reworked a story I didn't realize I had posted here and posted it again here--with some significant changes, though. I did hear about that.

Just note that when Laurel checks out the story, she may decide LW is the better category and she has final say.

Not saying that is what she'll do, but it is a possibility and she has put stories in categories other than what an author has submitted them in.

This message is hidden because lovecraft68 is on your ignore list.

My question is this. I have already taken it down and following advice from comments made a lot of changes. When I re-posted it as new I got readers commenting on reading something similar before, as if they thought I had copied some one else s work. Can I just move the story with having to re-post it again?

Can you resubmit it as edited, then include a note to readers stating that you've made significant edits. In the "Notes" section, you would have a note to Laurel, aside from the PM, explaining that you have made edits and are changing the category?

You can request a category change at the same time as the story text edit, using the normal editing process. Just make sure you detail it in the "notes" section. Say you're requesting the category change, as well as making a lot of changes to the story text.

Of all the requests you can make, this is the one where Laurel has the strongest track record of going another way, though. If she thinks it still fits best in LW, that category request may go nowhere.

You can request a category change at the same time as the story text edit, using the normal editing process. Just make sure you detail it in the "notes" section. Say you're requesting the category change, as well as making a lot of changes to the story text.

Of all the requests you can make, this is the one where Laurel has the strongest track record of going another way, though. If she thinks it still fits best in LW, that category request may go nowhere.

My reading was that he'd already reposted it again.

You're right, I missed that.

In that case, you can do a normal edit and just request the category change. I assume this is the preferred method over PM, since edits show up where she's actually processing stories, as opposed to on the forum, which is most likely a complete disconnect from the tools she needs to fulfill the request.

My thanks to all of you

I have done the deed and sent the message.

thank you for your help.
mike

Back