Oasis for Midnight

sexy-black-girl.jpg
 
13649145969772.jpeg


I like writing stories in mundane settings. Things like blind dates and people who feel taken for granted in friendships and situations that you run into in everyday, normal life.

But I also enjoy writing, and co-writing, stories set in fantastical settings, where men in tights leap buildings in single bounds, where scantily clad elf maidens shoot arrows through rings from hundreds of yards away, and where a hard left and a good ray gun can always save the day.

What I don't like is writing with the human barbarian who can out-elf the elf and out-dwarf the dwarf on their home turf. Or the superhero with super-strength and invulnerability who can outwit and outdo the world's greatest detective and/or inventor at every turn. The character who is the end-all, be-all, and who other characters exist only to give them praise, take care of the extras and, when the occasion arises, be the uber-character's sex toys.

Thanks, but I'll take a pass.

Of course everyone wants to be the hero, but it should not take the luster off your character if they can't outshine the rest of the cast in every aspect. And who knows, if you're not always talking about how your character can defeat any other character in every possible scenario, you might enjoy letting other people enjoy the spotlight once in a while.
 
I'm liking this thread! Almost added a picture of my own, but didn't know if that was kosher or not, so I decided I probably shouldn't.
 
Back
Top