Wtf Is It With The Interest In Incest?

Yeah, I've written a few incest stories from the woman's point of view (in my case the mother), because there seemed to be an interest in that angle. Had fun doing it, but wouldn't have thought of it otherwise.
 
Yeah, that thing called splorch. It's crazy and gross, but also I find it kinda hot for some reason.

I had never heard of this until I read this thread. I guess I don't get out enough. I have an excellent imagination but it did not quite encompass this.

I Googled it and found this quote on the site for "The Ovipositor":

"Fans of the Ovipositor say that the sensation of mushy extraterrestrial ovum slopping back out of them is a real treat."

Well, all right then.
 
I had never heard of this until I read this thread. I guess I don't get out enough. I have an excellent imagination but it did not quite encompass this.

I Googled it and found this quote on the site for "The Ovipositor":

"Fans of the Ovipositor say that the sensation of mushy extraterrestrial ovum slopping back out of them is a real treat."

Well, all right then.

I'm just trying to imagine the egg insertion. Lol. I'm tempted....
 
I think there are good intentions behind prohibitions on age and sexual depiction, but We have gone too far when we charge teens as child pornographers for taking nude selfies.
That's fine out in The Real World but here at privately-owned LIT the owners' rules apply so we don't depict underage sexual activity, period.
 
Partial answer and also an observation:

I first started posting erotic fiction at another website. By that time I already enjoyed Penthouse-Forum-type magazines, and I particularly enjoyed the ones that were devoted to incest letters. I came here because the other site didn't allow incest stories. (Incidentally, the webmaster has noted on occasion that some writers really skirt that line.) I also frequented a website that was devoted to incest accounts, real and fictional. It's reasonable to conclude that this site owes a good deal of its traffic to similar sites' refusal to carry incest fiction.

Last year, for the first time in years, I visited my favorite adult book store and bought one of the digest-sized magazines with incest stories. Unlike the magazines I'd bought before, they made no pretense of being anything but fiction. They were awful. I get better quality fiction here for free than I what I could pay for in a store.
 
I think the taboo aspect certainly appeals to a lot of readers and, as others have noted, the fact Lit allows incest stories where other sites do not means that alone may be an attraction to many who use the site.

When I first came to Lit I noticed the popularity of incest stories and wrote one, but looking back at it now it’s... not a favourite and had I not written it then, I probably would not now.
 
I just have to ask why everyone has so much interest in the subject of "incest?" I mean am i the only one who sees the numerous incest related threads lately?

Incest goes deeper than just reading and writing incestuous stories.

There a lot of incest survivors on this site.

Being that I'm a survivor of incest myself, sexually molested by 7 men from 5 to 15, (it's never just one), as if I was bitten by a vampire, I'm cursed to write incestuous stories.

Why? Because I understand the abnormalities of incest.

I'm one of the lucky ones. Instead of turning to alcohol, drugs, promiscuous behavior, or becoming an abuser myself, I turned to music, reading, and writing.

I would dare say that 50% of the population has had an incestuous encounter, some much worse than others. Incest can trigger PTSS.

Incest is everywhere. Moreover, it's titillating to write about forbidden sex.
 
---------------------------
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think the interest in incest is the ability to project your own desires beyond simple feelings and into an imaginable fantasy you didn't create in your own head so you know all the rules and results before they happen.

It is a fantasy. Accordingly, what male wouldn't like a faster recovery time? Or more volume? I also don't think anyone would choose to be smaller or less erect/hard than they are. And OMG, women who worship cock and are grateful that a man actually is a MAN! What's not to love in that?

As for the moms, aunts, and sisters; I read here that someone said women don't have as strong of a sex drive as men. I don't actually believe that, but maybe the women who DO read incest appreciate those characters who may have a bit more drive than they do? Or maybe they'd like a bit more attention than they think they're getting at home? Or likes the thought of having a secret lover who never calls or visits at that awkward moment when hubby is around? Or...?

Think about it, the perfect person to solve all those problems is RIGHT THERE at home already.

All reading is fantasy. Reading about cheating, affairs, and incest is much safer than actually going out and catching something, getting pregnant accidentally, getting caught, or screwing up an otherwise OK relationship. And, if you're someone who wants to push beyond the mundane, you look for that certain spice, that edge, that gets you there.

In that context, incest/taboo isn't any different than alien tentacle sex. More men read incest/taboo stories than women (at least that's the impression I'm getting from those who favorited my I/T story), but more women read romance stories than men. It's still reading about something you don't have and wishing on some level that you did.
 
Last edited:
I'm not personally drawn to incest, but I wrote it for the views.

You know, like a sellout.

(I'm joking, I enjoyed writing the brother/sister story I wrote, and no one is forcing me to read mother/son or father/daughter stories, which often make me uncomfortable).

In any case, I want to be reasonable about it. My own favorite genre is more taboo, probably for a better reason, and also something I don't find remotely attractive outside of a fantasy.

I understand needing something with an edge, an element of taboo, to make a concept feel really sexy.
 
I felt like bumping this thread because i'm trying to understand the rampant interest everyone seems to have in incest stories.
 
And I'll bump my answer. I've no idea WHY readers specifically want incest tales. I could spew WAGs about taboos and psychology, WAGs explaining nothing. I treat incest desire as a black box, concerned only with the inputs and outputs, not the WHY of the desire.

I'll note that societies rate infractions against relatives as BAD. Raping or killing kin is worse than abusing others, breaking the ring of protection: family, then clan, then tribe, then race or religion, then nation, then humanity. Each layer should protect against the outside. Failure there is terrible.
 
I felt like bumping this thread because i'm trying to understand the rampant interest everyone seems to have in incest stories.

This thread is four pages long and lots of people have weighed in, many with good points, so what is it you do not understand about what's been said so far?

People want to be naughty. They want to break the rules. If you can break the rules and have sex at the same time, well, what's more fun than that?

The prohibition against incest is the biggest, most universal sex taboo there is. That's your answer, right there. You've got the hots for your gorgeous sister -- every fiber of your body lusting after her -- and society tells you you can't have her. You've got desire, motivation, conflict, drama, and you don't even know any details. It's simple.
 
I drifted through the thread and I suppose I could wax philosophical about the topic and give my opinions.

But I'm not going to do that.

My guess is the OP does like incest, is acting offended by it and under the guise of why the hell are people interested in it, he's reading and very much enjoying the conversation.

Sorry, not going to add to the voyeurism of someone who most likely reads incest stories, gets off to them then leaves anon comment telling the author what a sick prick they are. That's what I'm smelling here after this bump when four pages of responses and discussion were provided.

Sorry to spoil the fun.
 
Back
Top