Flashfic thread: Rotating themes

How many posts to change the topic?


  • Total voters
    54
Hope #2

They waited for the doctor in the dark, sterile room. Jared stood next to his wife. All that covered Mary’s frail body was a hospital gown and thin sheet. The door opened just as he leaned over to kiss her forehead.

“Doctor, how did the tests look?” Jared asked.

“After your last treatments we had hoped things would slow down, Mary,” the doctor began.

“It’s not good,” Mary stated.

“There are no options left,” the doctor admitted.

“Please, Jared, I hope you’re ready to let me go,” Mary begged. “I can’t take more pain. This time there’s no more hope.”


(100 words)
 
Hope #3

Clutching a bouquet of daisies, Ronnie nervously pressed the doorbell.

"I'll be right there."

It's her. I hope she likes these flowers. I'm going to tell her how much I love her. How I want her to be my girl. How I....

"I'm coming. Hold on."

His nerve broke. He laid the bouquet on the doormat and ran.

Angelina opened the door and saw him running down the sidewalk. Taking the flowers she went inside.

"Who was that dear?"

"That shy boy from class, mother. He's really cute, but he's so nervous around me. You know, I almost love him."

(100 even)
 
sSig_bump1.gif
 
Hope #4

“It’s pretty out. I hope it rains.”

The woman smiled at the child. What a strange thing for a girl of five to say. Hope was something they had so little of this year. Drought had plagued them too long and the land was parched.

Still, when clouds gathered in the sky above, the mother felt the first stirrings of hope. Nature had teased them before. Now, with a dry well, all they had was hope.

She heard the child giggle, looked up to see her dancing. Then she felt the first drop hit her face. There was always hope.



100 words.
 
Hope #5

They stood outside her room and waited. The doctor had disappeared inside several agonizing minutes ago. As one they prayed, heads bowed, holding hands. Footsteps intruded and in unison, every tear-stained face looked up.

“There’s no change,” the intense doctor stated before he walked away.

Shoulders stiff, long hair unkempt from lack of sleep, her true love remained silent.

“We won’t give up hope,” her best friend told him. “She is a fighter and will make it through this. You won’t believe the number of people out there praying for her.”

“I’ll never give up hope. She’s my whole life.”


(100 words)

****
Odessa inspired me to write this...maybe others will add one as well.
 
Hope #6

Prom wheezed just a bit. He tried to shift his body. Bit by bit--ankles and calves, knees and thighs, hips, torso--he managed to adjust just enough to make the breathing easier.

Some days that just wasn't really possible.

Just in his periphery, he caught sight of a figure. "Who's that? Could you come more into view?"

An enchanting figure of a woman moved to where he could see her. "Hello Dora." His sister-in-law was about the only visitor Prom got these days. "How's the box?"

She sat down her rucksack and took out an elaborately carved coffer. "Everything's still gone...well, almost everything."
----------
(100 words)


:cool:
 
Last edited:
Hope #7

“I hope he doesn’t get mad,” she said to herself, stepping out of her lacy panties. He was already on the bed, his gorgeous hard-on pointing at the ceiling. She would tell him after they made love; it was fun, but it was over. Their affair had only reaffirmed her commitment to her husband; the father of her children, the love of her life.

At that very moment, her husband was bounding up the front steps. “I hope that’s not the maid’s car,” he mumbled, a dozen roses in his hand. “My wife needs me. I can sense it.”

(100 words)
 
Hope #8

"How do I look?"
"Honestly?"
"Humor me, will you? Is it okay, really okay? I mean, I don't have bed head or a turned collar or stuff on my teeth."
"Let me see. Turn this way."
"Well?"
"You pass. Yes, even by Chris' standards, you pass."
"That's good."
"So, you were planning on telling me what's up, right? I thought you had finished with Chris and they had finished with you. That last blow out was pretty spectacular, after all."
"Yeah. I guess so."
"I'm waiting."
"Terry offered Chris a ring."
"Damn. I thought they'd been hanging around a lot since you left."
"Yeah, me too. But Chris hasn't said yes."
"Ah...."
----------
(100 words)
 
Hope #9

Annie looked out the living room window, of her daddy there was no sign. Mommy said he was coming home today. She cried when she got the phone call, but she assured Annie that everything was all right. Daddy was coming home.

Annie had written him letters and he had always answered her. Once he sent a picture of he and his friends. She kept that under her pillow.

Annie heard a motor and ran to the window. It was daddy getting out of the car! He looked so handsome in his uniform. Why was he walking with a cane and limping? Her mother was suddenly beside her. She'd been crying. No matter. Daddy was home!

(100 words...plus a few more)
 
Hope #10

He felt the blood rush to his groin as his prey strolled across the parquet floor. These were the moments he relished, when his heartbeat sped up and chills raced along his spine. Already he could imagine the flavor of her skin as he began his journey of delight.

One glance around the room told him it was time to make his move on the redhead. Her laughter echoed through the room even as she stood unaware of his intent. His silent steps brought him behind her in seconds.

“I hope you told your mom to keep the kids overnight.”


(100 words)

Next topic.......Time
(I hope we haven't done this topic before)
 
Time #1

"Time," said Professor Jennings, "Is relative to your age and events. It is quantifiable and yet variable."

He paused and scanned the sea of faces.

"To a child, time is fleeting, but interminably long when Christmas is approaching.

To a teenager, time is anxious periods of waiting. Waiting for your date to appear, to borrow the family car, to determine if you've been accepted into college."

A ripple of laughter went through the lecture hall.

"In middle age, there's not enough time. In old age there's no more time."

"Will this be on the final exam Professor?"

"Yes, if I have the time."

(100 words...sorta)
 
Time #2
"Do you have the time?" asked the young woman.

A man stood by the exit, waiting. "Six forty five, miss."

"That's not what I meant. Come here a minute." They walked on hard asphalt.

"Where are we going?" He asked

She pulled him along by the hand. "You'll see."

The waves crashed in the distance. Seagulls called from above. The wind was blowing. The smell of the air was salty."Oh, It's beautiful." He said, staring in no apparent direction.

"That's what I thought when I saw you, first." She smiled at him.

"Really? Why, I'm just a blind guy."

(100 words)
 
Time #3

"Deena, will you please hurry," Brian called impatiently. "We'll miss the boss' dinner party."

"I'll be just another minute dear."

"It's already ten after eight. Please come on."

"Sweetie, come in here, I need your advice on what I'm wearing."

Brian stomped into the bedroom and stared openmouthed. Deena was wearing a skimpy red bra that pushed up her breasts, a lacy red thong, a red garter belt and red stockings. A pair of red high heels were on her feet.

"You like?" she said seductively, tossing her auburn hair.

"To hell with the party," Brian replied, yanking off his tie.

(100 even)
 
Last edited:
Time #4

Dylan tried to catch his breath as Shelby flopped across his chest.

“When does your wife expect you?”

“Soon,” he said.

“Can’t you stay longer?” Shelby asked in between licking her way down his body.

His reply came out as a moan when she wrapped her soft lips around his aching shaft. Shelby felt the sudden surge in his cock and drew him in deeper. Dylan’s fingers grabbed her hair at the same time he thrust his hips. His juices dripped from her mouth just minutes later.

“Damn, Shelby, that was fast.”

“Yeah, I knew you didn’t have much time.”


(100 words)
 
Time #5

(Note to reader: this is flush fiction - crap, but intentionally so.)

“Take me!” she cried, ripping open her cheap Walmart blouse.

“Take you where?” he asked, his face buried in the morning paper.

“Take me to the bedroom!”

“The bedroom store?” he yawned, flipping to the sports section, blissfully unaware of his wife’s pendulous breasts dangling perilously close to the pancakes.

“Alright,” she huffed, gathering up her knockers like a couple of cantaloupes at the produce section. “If that’s the way you want it, I’m filing for a divorce!”

“Horse?” he mumbled. “Oh, you mean Big Brown?” He flipped another page, not realizing that his time had just run out.

(99)
 
Time 6

I look in the mirror and see my grandmother’s face she mused as she brushed her teeth. How in the world did that happen? I was resigned to one day finding my mother’s reflection staring back at me. Especially in the unforgiving light of the bathroom vanity she thought. Every line, every wrinkle, every grey hair was visible under the fluorescent glow. Everyone said that would happen sooner or later, but I skipped right over her and went straight to Grandma instead.

Funny, how one woman can look so old in the mirror and feel so young in her heart.

(100 words)
 
Time #7

"Gowan, you can do it," Billy Mouse said jeeringly. "What's the matter? You scared?"

"I don't know," Bobby Mouse replied. "It's awful tall."

"Don't go all the way up," said Benny Mouse.

Bobby Mouse darted from the hole, across the carpet and up the wooden tower. A loud gong sounded. Bobby sprinted down and bolted back into the hole.

"See, I'm not scared," he said triumphantly.
-----

Seated at her desk, the woman watched the mice with great interest. A smile crossed her lips as she dipped her pen in the inkwell, thought for a moment and wrote 'Hickory Dickory Dock...'

(100 even)
 
Time #8

Tony stepped through the portal cautiously. It looked...odd. Usually, his portals were doorways that revealed their destination without problem; but, this time, everything he could see in the space beyond was blurred and seemed to have something happening to them that he couldn't fathom.

"Are we going through, then?" asked Powerlord. His electronic voice was emotionless, but Tony hoped that the man behind it shared in his anxiety about their journey.

"Sure, I go last to maintain stability."

Powerlord nodded. He stepped through and Tony watched as the suit sprouted rust from its joints within moments.

Accelerated time flow. Great, just what we need.
---------
(100)


:cool:
 
Time #9

"Buy a watch sir, the finest quality."

Lance looked warily at the shabbily dressed man and his blue cloth filled with watches.

"I have a Rolex, what do I need with that trash?"

"Ah, but these are special watches. If you are dissatisfied with your life they will change it for you."

I lost the Symond's account and my wife's cheating on me. What the hell.

"I'll take one."

"Ten dollars sir. Now press the stem."

"Okay. Hey! What the...?"

"They're your watches now. Farewell."

***
"Buy a watch ma'm. Th' finest quality."

JoAnne looked warily at the shabbily dressed man...

(100 even)
 
Time #10

Bobby slid his hands under Jill’s sweater and traced the curve of her breasts. She moaned as his thumb ran over her aching nipple. Jill cupped her palm over the bulge in his jeans and gave a soft squeeze.

“You make me so horny, Jill.”

Her teasing smile was his only reply as she slid his zipper down and released his engorged cock. Jill’s tongue flicked and sucked the clear liquid off the tip off his shaft until he was ready to explode.

“I need to fuck you right now, Jill”

“Oh Bobby, it’s the wrong time of the month.”


(100)

Next Topic...Sounds
 
Back
Top