"Doctor Who: Powers of Ten" (OOC)

Egad, I'm so grateful to you for spamming my thread.

Please, no-one click on that link, I don't even know where it goes but it totally sets off my spider-sense.

Last edited:
links were deleted before i woke up and looked.

chas is on the ball and kicking proverbial buttocks.

to bad they can't delete the whole thing.. instead of just erasing the content of the post.

but i'm sure landingstrip was banned

to bad they can't delete the whole thing.. instead of just erasing the content of the post.

but i'm sure landingstrip was banned

Maybe they need more people to complain about the spammer than just me? Either way, I'm glad that shtuff is gone. Wherever it went.

Anyway, where were we?

DLiN5T4.jpg

I love this picture, as it seems to summarise my friend Eazy's view of Ten from the facial features of Eazy's own favourite Doctor, Two.

(Special guest appearance by a dashing-looking Three and his beloved Bessie in the back, there.)

Last edited:
Video link!

This little British girl will totally bend your head with this "Who" trivia, though I'm not sure her prehistory of The Daleks is entirely correct. Follow the annotation links to see if you get each question right! (It's kind of like "Choose Your Own Adventure.")

I got all five bang-on first try, just so's you know. :devil: No cheating!

There's also a pretty cool song at the end called "An Awful Lot of Running" by Chameleon Circuit, which totally sets off my geekbuzzer in the good way.

Love you guys.

Last edited:
izzard.jpg

Nigel Tate

Nigel is a quick witted gentleman. Placed in the position of liason between Torchwood and UNIT, Nigel spent much of his career working as an under secretary as part of UNIT. Nigel now resides in Cardiff. Nigel looks down on Torchwood, considering them rogues and unsavory. As it stands, Nigel would like to put an end to Torchwood and fully empower UNIT, however, this proves difficult after the fiasco with the 456.

(Dunno why I'm still doing these things, you lot must think I'm bonkers. Ah, well.)

ryEjvGU.jpg

...love the black suit. ...and the black dress.

Say what you will about the Rose/Ten controversy, at least these two got to have a damn good time of it.

Last edited:
(Dunno why I'm still doing these things, you lot must think I'm bonkers. Ah, well.)

award1.jpg

...love the black suit. ...and the black dress.

Say what you will about the Rose/Ten controversy, at least these two got to have a damn good time of it.

Because you are obsessed for 1000 Alex.

But yeah they look good together. Now they're making a movie together.

:eek:

Explain further, if you would?

Former "Doctor Who" stars Billie Piper and David ******t are in talks to team up again on the London-set urban thriller "Love On The Murder Mile" says The Daily Mail.

Johnny Glynn penned the script but story details are under wraps. Matthew Rhys (TV's "Brothers and Sisters") and Mackenzie Crook ("Pirates of the Caribbean") are in negotiations for supporting roles.

Piper's husband Laurence Fox will direct while Fox's brother Robin will produce.

forgotten2.jpg

I love this picture, as it seems to summarise my friend Eazy's view of Ten from the facial features of Eazy's own favourite Doctor, Two.

(Special guest appearance by a dashing-looking Three and his beloved Bessie in the back, there.)

*poofs into thread*

My favorite is actually Three, but Two's up there with Four in competition for my second favorite. But he might have been my favorite if more of his stories hadn't been destroyed by the BBC long ago.

Or if he grabs that flute and stabs Ten in the eye with it? Then he'll be my favorite. *smirks*

And you know I actually do like Ten, at least for the most part. I don't think there's ever been a Doctor I've outright disliked at this point.Just don't think he's the bee's knees like certain others whom shall go unnamed. :p

*poofs back out*

*poofs into thread*

My favorite is actually Three, but Two's up there with Four in competition for my second favorite. But he might have been my favorite if more of his stories hadn't been destroyed by the BBC long ago.

Or if he grabs that flute and stabs Ten in the eye with it? Then he'll be my favorite. *smirks*

And you know I actually do like Ten, at least for the most part. I don't think there's ever been a Doctor I've outright disliked at this point.Just don't think he's the bee's knees like certain others whom shall go unnamed. :p

*poofs back out*

Oh, man, I coulda sworn you'd said Two. Buggery! Sorry for misrepresenting your opinions, E, seriously. :(

(Two can stab Ten in the eye so long as Ten's within the first fifteen hours of his regeneration cycle. Otherwise we might have eyepatches and depth perception issues.)

Agh, well, at least Three was in that one. Looking like, I dunno, The British Magneto or something.

I've liked most of The Doctors, except Colin Baker, though I really can't judge him properly because I kind of... dodged him somehow? Missed his whole bit, I dunno. So, I shall extend to him the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah, I guess I've liked all of him, too. (Except George Lazenby.)

And, uh, as for the rest of it... well, I guess I'll go unnamed, then. :eek:

(E, you're always welcome here, you know that, right?)

Former "Doctor Who" stars Billie Piper and David ******t are in talks to team up again on the London-set urban thriller "Love On The Murder Mile" says The Daily Mail.

Johnny Glynn penned the script but story details are under wraps. Matthew Rhys (TV's "Brothers and Sisters") and Mackenzie Crook ("Pirates of the Caribbean") are in negotiations for supporting roles.

Piper's husband Laurence Fox will direct while Fox's brother Robin will produce.

Raise your hand if you're cool with what's happening! :: hand up! both hands! ::

Oh, man, I coulda sworn you'd said Two. Buggery! Sorry for misrepresenting your opinions, E, seriously. :(

(Two can stab Ten in the eye so long as Ten's within the first fifteen hours of his regeneration cycle. Otherwise we might have eyepatches and depth perception issues.)

Agh, well, at least Three was in that one. Looking like, I dunno, The British Magneto or something.

I've liked most of The Doctors, except Colin Baker, though I really can't judge him properly because I kind of... dodged him somehow? Missed his whole bit, I dunno. So, I shall extend to him the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah, I guess I've liked all of him, too. (Except George Lazenby.)

And, uh, as for the rest of it... well, I guess I'll go unnamed, then. :eek:

(E, you're always welcome here, you know that, right?)

Three. Two. They both rock, so no worries. I might have said that Two's personality is perhaps the closest to my ideal representation of how the Doctor should behave, so that's probably what you're thinking of. But Three was an equally great take in its own right and had some of the best stories to back him up, so that gives his era the edge for me over any others.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought "X-Men Villain" when looking at Three in that drawing. heh

Colin Baker I'm somewhat split about. I liked the idea of his Doctor, but the scripts, at least from what I've seen, just weren't able to do any justice by it. Heck, even his crossover story with Two and Jamie was a chore to make it through. And for me, that's saying something.

And I know, but I don't usually like interrupting ooc's where I'm not playing a part. I just made an exception here since I was mentioned by name and it's always fun to bug you. ;)

Speaking of bugging you. *poke, poke* You need to post to Avatar soon, ya slacker. I miss Xia, plus I'm waiting on Zhuang before responding again with Kaz'.

Three. Two. They both rock, so no worries. I might have said that Two's personality is perhaps the closest to my ideal representation of how the Doctor should behave, so that's probably what you're thinking of. But Three was an equally great take in its own right and had some of the best stories to back him up, so that gives his era the edge for me over any others.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought "X-Men Villain" when looking at Three in that drawing. heh

Colin Baker I'm somewhat split about. I liked the idea of his Doctor, but the scripts, at least from what I've seen, just weren't able to do any justice by it. Heck, even his crossover story with Two and Jamie was a chore to make it through. And for me, that's saying something.

And I know, but I don't usually like interrupting ooc's where I'm not playing a part. I just made an exception here since I was mentioned by name and it's always fun to bug you. ;)

Speaking of bugging you. *poke, poke* You need to post to Avatar soon, ya slacker. I miss Xia, plus I'm waiting on Zhuang before responding again with Kaz'.

Posting stick poke-age noted and ruefully acknowledged! Sorry, it was quiet long enough there that I'm having to get back in the swing of things, through no-one's fault, just how it goes. Should have a post or two up this weekend.

And, E, I invited you along for a reason. :: grins :: IC-poster or not, I consider you a part of this. And it's always fun to be bugged by you. :cool:

(Yeah, did you see the covers for the revamped "Excalibur" series they did briefly, with Chuck and Maggie working together to rebuild a blowed-down Genosha? Three looks like he coulda been on one of those.)

Colin Baker, it's been explained to me, got sucky writing when he was onscreen and much better writing later on with the audio plays, proving his worth as The Doctor long after his tenure had expired. Which, again, this is hearsay, I need to check this out for myself.

(I often describe John Simm as having been "Colin Bakered," because a lot of people hated his Master at first, but it was no fault of the actor, dude's got skills. Which, I think, a bunch of people agree now having seen "EoT.")

Speaking of Two and Jamie, I really need to sit down and watch "The Two Doctors" sometime. Just to get some much needed Troughton in my diet, to try and crack the mystery of Season 6B, and to see with mine own eyes the first evidence of the "time differential" mentioned in "Time Crash." XD

My first encounter with a real Whovian was on a train in Great Britain, and he was a die-hard Three fan. He told my sister and me about a convention he'd just attended, and it was mystifying to me that I should be missing out on such interesting things. He explained "dimensional transcendentalism" to us, the "bigger on the inside" spiel. He also did a damn good Three impression. Which, I guess, left an impression on me... my only complaint about the whole exchange was that he was horribly critical of "Back To The Future."

:: mutters :: ...git.

Back