The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're going to be that way, I'll leave ya stuck in the wall. :D

But then again, she has booze and I don't. :eek:

Though I reduced my alcohol consumption greatly during my dieting (I'm down 12 lbs. in the last 6 weeks) methinks this night will involve much consumption of red wine. We're going out for French onion soup and braised somethings.

Though I reduced my alcohol consumption greatly during my dieting (I'm down 12 lbs. in the last 6 weeks) methinks this night will involve much consumption of red wine. We're going out for French onion soup and braised somethings.

Have a glass for me. We're all out of the stuff we made.

Left Portland today, arrived at the coast. Stopped in at the Tillamook Cheese Factory, but the packing line was not running today (Lame). Picked up she cheese curds though, yummy. Spent a bunch of time at the Tillamook Air Museum which is housed in a HUGE blimp hanger. Lots of fun. Got my crab pot ready to catch some Dungeness right off the docks tomorrow morning.

Pics as promised.
Tillamook factory line (when not running)
Air Musem in the huge hanger
P-51 Mustang
F-14 Tomcat

There are two of those hangers at what used to be the Santa Anna Marine Air Facility in Santa Anna Calif. I was stationed there several years. They were built for housing Sub chasing Blimps back in WW2. They are the largest wooden structures ever built at a quarter mile long, 200 feet wide and over 300 feet high. Only the ends are not wood. They are four feet thick concrete retaining walls.

We used the ones a t Santa Anna for hangers, offices, and shops. Two full squadrons of 46 Helios per hanger.

As expected, yesterday was the long and boring start to a long and tiring week. The bright spot is that I have the kernel of an idea for the show poem.

The bad part is that I'm simply not a poet.

Shut up.

I'm off to soak in a tub and drink heavily.
That would have been a perfect plan for me... if I hadn't been so late at the theatre.

Left Portland today, arrived at the coast. Stopped in at the Tillamook Cheese Factory, but the packing line was not running today (Lame). Picked up she cheese curds though, yummy. Spent a bunch of time at the Tillamook Air Museum which is housed in a HUGE blimp hanger. Lots of fun. Got my crab pot ready to catch some Dungeness right off the docks tomorrow morning.

Pics as promised.
Even though the packing line wasn't running, it sounds like you had a good day. I'm thinking a nice rose, muscadet or riesling for those crab. Of course, Oregon has a bunch of really nice beers that would also go well. ;)

Good day nakeds.

Got today off, but work at 8 am tomorrow morning, thank heaven it's only a 5 hour with Wednesday off.

Got to try and get this prologue for my latest story completed and sent to my friend for review!

There are two of those hangers at what used to be the Santa Anna Marine Air Facility in Santa Anna Calif. I was stationed there several years. They were built for housing Sub chasing Blimps back in WW2. They are the largest wooden structures ever built at a quarter mile long, 200 feet wide and over 300 feet high. Only the ends are not wood. They are four feet thick concrete retaining walls.

We used the ones a t Santa Anna for hangers, offices, and shops. Two full squadrons of 46 Helios per hanger.

And now at least one of them is back in the blimp biz. It seems a company is using one to build advanced design airships for heavy lifting and surveillance work.

And now at least one of them is back in the blimp biz. It seems a company is using one to build advanced design airships for heavy lifting and surveillance work.

There is plenty of room for it. Goodyear used to move their fleet down there if they got enough of a warning for the Santa Anna winds. Those things looked like toys inside the hangers.

The government also used the hangers to do flight evaluations when they set up the licensing for those things. They were actually flying one in there. :eek:

There's a story that one mad pilot actually flew into one end of one of those hangers and pulled a complete loop inside before flying out the other end. I have my doubts . . .

Oh, so ready to drink tonight. Something smooth for sipping please?

Rehearsal was a real zoo.

There's a story that one mad pilot actually flew into one end of one of those hangers and pulled a complete loop inside before flying out the other end. I have my doubts . . .

Last I heard there were two documented cases of pilots flying through but no loops I'm afraid. 300 feet just isn't enough room.

You given it all away, drunk it or spoiled it?.
I got the impression that there was Gallons of the stuff.

Ah well, back to the soda. . . .

There were 8 gallons, to be exact. A few bottles went to friends and family. Ten bottles were fed, along with lasagna, at the famcation--my husband's family is rather large. The rest were consumed by Joey Walnuts and myself. Red wine is good for the heart, good for what ails you, and good for the soul. It was really tasty stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back