a companion to 30 in 30

I only have one week to go before I'll have completed a successful 30/30 count, but my goodness, there are threads that suck the creative energy right out of me. I hope I can get another drop or two out before the crack in the tile lets the well run dry.

ETA: only six to go :nana:

Last edited:
tungtied2u said:
I blame my tardiness
on the customer service at HP
<snip>
</snip>
life is too short. to spend time repeating
myself, I have poems to write
before midnight. lest I have to start again
tomorrow, I ask for a refund
Fear not brave poet! It is still before midnight here in mountain :p

champagne1982 said:
Fear not brave poet! It is still before midnight here in mountain :p

Boy, you certainly know how to cut
to the core...heh heh.

Have I told you lately how much I
love your writing?

OOOOOOh...just a few more days
til your 30 day wing ding....whoopee!

:nana:

Last edited:
champagne1982 said:

Tess, I thought we were going to have your company for a month, but it was lovely to have it for the moment. It's not a bad poem at all, you could have left it :p up.

Thank you, sweet poet. It was an attempt to circle the wagons but I suddenly looked around and saw all the numbers - realised I had opened the wrong door and tiptoed out. I look longingly at you - and the other 30/30 poems but 3 unfinished attempts is enough for me.

Tristesse2 said:
Thank you, sweet poet. It was an attempt to circle the wagons but I suddenly looked around and saw all the numbers - realised I had opened the wrong door and tiptoed out. I look longingly at you - and the other 30/30 poems but 3 unfinished attempts is enough for me.

Maybe you just need someone to partner up with?
I'd be glad to be the one tapping on your shoulder
or any other place you desire, tickling your
poetic muse.
I'd even extend my 30 in 30, to keep you company
for the entire trip?

That's how much I love to read you... :heart:

work, laundry, supper, homework, baths, brushing teeth times 4, picking up house, reading mail, bill writing, sweeping, dishes, rocking, snuggle time, bed time times three .... passing out :rolleyes:

sighs* ~~ I knew this would happen. I am not saying my writing is awesome, just need more time in the day .. grrr. BUT I ammmmmm nottttt giving up.

soon ...

Angeline said:
My words, lovely words O where have you gone? . . .

My words, lovely words now lost or still there?

after so long, 30 poems from you will be like a Christmas present from a long lost friend.

:rose:

TheRainMan said:
after so long, 30 poems from you will be like a Christmas present from a long lost friend.

I'm so glad you're welcoming Ange to the 30 in 30. It will be lovely to read. Are you going to join in soon, too? We miss your fresh ones as well.

RhymeFairy said:
work, laundry, supper, homework, baths, brushing teeth times 4, picking up house, reading mail, bill writing, sweeping, dishes, rocking, snuggle time, bed time times three .... passing out :rolleyes:

sighs* ~~ I knew this would happen. I am not saying my writing is awesome, just need more time in the day .. grrr. BUT I ammmmmm nottttt giving up.

soon ...

Never quit! I'm enjoying your poems. Remember, the 30 in 30 is just like Mom's fridge door - always happy to hold your poems. :rose:

champagne1982 said:
I'm so glad you're welcoming Ange to the 30 in 30. It will be lovely to read. Are you going to join in soon, too? We miss your fresh ones as well.

she is a welcome sight, isn't she? :)

i think i will join in again, but after the holidays . . . i'd never make a clean run through X'mas and New Year's.

Hey Rhyme time, you stick around, y'hear? Does not matter how many times you try, it is not the end of the race that matters, it is the journey, and you know the rest stops are what keeps us going for the next 400 miles....

Yeah Ange! I am glad you are here. I have a poem about you that has been rattling around my brain for weeks now, wanting to be born. It is about you as an indicator species, you know, like frogs. When they return to the pond everyone thinks that things are going to be.....okay..... :heart: But there, I said it so now I don't have to write the dern poem.

:)

tungtied2u said:
Maybe you just need someone to partner up with?
I'd be glad to be the one tapping on your shoulder
or any other place you desire, tickling your
poetic muse.
I'd even extend my 30 in 30, to keep you company
for the entire trip?

That's how much I love to read you... :heart:

I just saw this. You're such a sweet man.

*melt*

annaswirls said:
I did not call for you
but you heard me anyway
come to tha vacant lot down
down where the paper flowers fade
in the windows latched
inside facing blue

Beautiful. You make it appear whimsical
but I see and feel so much more here.
Sweet, heartfelt pen ~

Congratulations champers on a job well done. You not only turned out 30. but delivered some lovely poems along the way...I don't remember a throwaway in the bunch...thank you...

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

gorgeous, Angeline.

the twelve icy steps
I can drop fear like mittens
three rooms beyond the snow

goodness gracious, are you a poet or something? Look at these lines!

each a poem in and of itself, I think you can take three days off... :heart:

Angeline said:
Moonlight snow seems fictive. Such lacy deception
You forget when kitchen light pools safe
Territory for gingerbread, hot chocolate
Ever opposite from winter beyond the door
Rushing wind past the deck, the twelve icy steps.
Remind me, my love, it's not food or thermostats.
Your arms, my nose tickled on grey chest hair--
I can drop fear like mittens, rub on your skin,
Let everything fall to forgetfulness. Our quiet
Offerings of peace, a cup of swallows shared
Vespers our prayers in whispers, even breath
Eventually matched in sleep, restive pillow talk,
You turn, I scratch your back on the secret spot
Only I can reach to hear you sigh and murmur
Understanding that needs no word. Our world
Solid and shifting in and out the door, loss and
Our return magic in three rooms beyond the snow.

TT-u this is classic, I love it!!!

"Serviced

I am in love with two boys
not half my age
who saw my rage, knew my needs
anwered my pleas of desperation,
experienced souls with nimble hands
and willing hearts, listened
then started to work their magic
took time and care as I stood there
and fixed my computer"

Congratulations, Champie, on a excellent 30/30 run. :rose::rose::rose:

No, I do not want to start again. :rolleyes:

Congrats Carrie :nana: :nana:

I love your pens, thoughts and wisdom. You have a talent I can only dream of ... Thank you for sharing so much and for the loverly trip ~

:rose: :rose: :nana:

annaswirls said:
Hey Rhyme time, you stick around, y'hear? Does not matter how many times you try, it is not the end of the race that matters, it is the journey, and you know the rest stops are what keeps us going for the next 400 miles....

Yeah Ange! I am glad you are here. I have a poem about you that has been rattling around my brain for weeks now, wanting to be born. It is about you as an indicator species, you know, like frogs. When they return to the pond everyone thinks that things are going to be.....okay..... :heart: But there, I said it so now I don't have to write the dern poem.

:)

Write the poem! I want the poem! Hey, I remember the first poem you ever wrote here--ok not all of it, but a part where you were describing the way a sweater feels (remember?), and I thought Hallelujah, we got new talent here! Real talent!

And thank you for the kind things you said about my poems thus far in the 30 thread. I hadn't written for months--because of my job--and was convinced I can't write poetry anymore. I was getting very depressed about it, so you make me feel like I still have the knack. Thank you, J.

:heart:

RhymeFairy said:
Congrats Carrie :nana: :nana:

I love your pens, thoughts and wisdom. You have a talent I can only dream of ... Thank you for sharing so much and for the loverly trip ~

:rose: :rose: :nana:
It's because of the wonderful poets I read here. Without all of you I would be stuck on a train of thought whose tracks only take me to one destination. This amazing network here has confrontational siderails and confusing junctions but eventually, we all make it through the railyard to the roundhouse, where someone always puts us back on the right track. Woowoo!

Angeline said:
Write the poem! I want the poem! Hey, I remember the first poem you ever wrote here--ok not all of it, but a part where you were describing the way a sweater feels (remember?), and I thought Hallelujah, we got new talent here! Real talent!

And thank you for the kind things you said about my poems thus far in the 30 thread. I hadn't written for months--because of my job--and was convinced I can't write poetry anymore. I was getting very depressed about it, so you make me feel like I still have the knack. Thank you, J.

I want the poem, too! It would be a pretty good read.

Ms A. I can't imagine how silly it would be to get depressed about not being able to write poems when you didn't even have time to write your grocery list! Please, never say the well is dry until after the rain has a chance to soak into the ground.

I'm so happy to be able to read your poems. The one from the passion thread seriously stirred me, RF resonated my feelings so perfectly that I didn't feel I had anything to add. Your 30/30's are gorgeous. So, no despair, you will always have poetry even if it needs a bit of time to fill up the well.

P.S. Although they're gorgeous, I'm sure I could find something for you to edit... LOL. I remembered what you said about steady praise not offering you incentive to improve. I can't say these poems suck but maybe you should work on writing more. Quantity doesn't mean quality, but sometimes it begets a good one. :p

champagne1982 said:
I want the poem, too! It would be a pretty good read.

Ms A. I can't imagine how silly it would be to get depressed about not being able to write poems when you didn't even have time to write your grocery list! Please, never say the well is dry until after the rain has a chance to soak into the ground.

I'm so happy to be able to read your poems. The one from the passion thread seriously stirred me, RF resonated my feelings so perfectly that I didn't feel I had anything to add. Your 30/30's are gorgeous. So, no despair, you will always have poetry even if it needs a bit of time to fill up the well.

P.S. Although they're gorgeous, I'm sure I could find something for you to edit... LOL. I remembered what you said about steady praise not offering you incentive to improve. I can't say these poems suck but maybe you should work on writing more. Quantity doesn't mean quality, but sometimes it begets a good one. :p

Heh. I always need editing. My 30 poems are, like my passion poems (and all my unsubmitted poems here, come to think of it) unedited.

And I thank you, too, for your vote of confidence. For me quantity becomes quality. The more I write, the more I think about writing and then I begin to improve. So the trick for me is forcing myself to make time to write. I just worked a ten-hour day though, so I don't have very high expectations for myself tonight. I'm pretty beat. :eek:

Angeline said:

I am so glad you are able to write again, but can understand how life comes at you.... and I think in the long run it is a good thing, to have those breaks, those places of level ground make wonderful jumping points.

You absolutely still have the knack! Goodness. I hate to say this, because I really am sorry you were feeling bad, but it makes me feel better about my own self-doubts to know that you, you wonderful poet you, also have times of doubt, although from my perspective, it seems impossible! :)

Back