The Authors' Hangout Summer Lovin' Contest 2010 Support Thread

QUOTE lit10reads10 Uncharacteristicly, this was almost an inteligent post. Except for the mindless attempt to combine me and Litfan, you actually said some things i agree with.

First, I will stop being silly. It was a jab at you and i apologise. I just find you so offensive i couldn't help myself. The sad thing is that if you spent half as much time being creative as you do being disruptive you would probably turn out some pretty good stories.

I agree with contestants not voting, and I agree that an illegal vote should be defined by the powers that be.

However some of the things you want are assanine. Insisting that only most read and most voted on stories should be considered would just make it an incest or loving wives contest.

Your claim that some catagories routinely average higher scores, is something that is unfortunate but what can you do other than appeal to your own fan base to vote higher, or write a better story.

…I want to see you have to rely on your story telling to get votes rather than your catagory.


It’s very difficult to accept someone’s apology for rudeness when in the lines immediately preceding the apology he’s rude again. Although I must point out that your newest insult did contain two spelling errors - Uncharacteristicly, inteligent. I suspect you were so embarrassed at recommitting the crime that your spelling failed you.

As for my: “insisting that only most read and most voted on stories should be considered”, as you put it, you’re either purposefully misstating my beliefs or you don’t understand them.

The A.I.R. AWARDS reward the following: MOST VIEWS, MOST COMMENTS, MOST VOTES, HIGHEST RATED, and BEST STORY.

I suspect you also don’t understand the purpose of the CATEGORY CORRECTION COEFFICIENT. Its purpose is to allow stories from ALL categories to compete fairly.

I don’t claim number10, it’s a proven fact. What you PALACE apologists are unwilling to address is how the 17th highest rated GAY story (for the preceding 30 days), the 24th highest ROMANCE story and the 12th highest SCI-FI story somehow were the #1 choice of our readers. And how they beat out the #1 highest rated FIRST TIME, INCEST, EXHIBITIONIST and LOVING WIVES stories.

As for your request that I write a SCI-FI story: If I ever do I’ll submit it to a real SCI-FI story site. I won’t hide it here on an erotic story site. The LITEROTICA Sci-Fi-ers are authors who are afraid to go out and face the real Sci-Fi world. Instead they hide here, living off the reads we generate for them.


[size=+2]james r scouries esq.[/size]
Multiple A.I.R. AWARD winner, MILLION SELLER,
Author of the MOST COMMENTED on
and the MOST VOTED on story on LITEROTICA
 
image.php
He has never accused me of cheating, and I'm rather miffed about being left out

Why accuse you? You’re a SURVIVALIST! Everyone knows all you people cheat…

Just kidding! Actually, in spite of his SURVIVALISM and his bizarre political beliefs, the BOXman is highly respected as an author and pundit in ScouriesWorld.


image.php
Damn now I need to think about a halloween story. I better start now at the rate I'm going!

And do you know what my friend?

[size=+2]the ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)[/size]

Is delighted to offer you an invitation to participate in the:

[size=+2]
A.I.R. 2010 Halloween Story Contest
[/size]


[size=+2]james r scouries esq.[/size]
Multiple A.I.R. AWARD winner, MILLION SELLER,
Author of the MOST COMMENTED on
and the MOST VOTED on story on LITEROTICA
 
Last edited:
It’s very difficult to accept someone’s apology for rudeness when in the lines immediately preceding the apology he’s rude again.

At least he apologized. What have you done to appease all the people you've offended, scouries? Not a damned thing.

Although I must point out that your newest insult did contain two spelling errors - Uncharacteristicly, inteligent. I suspect you were so embarrassed at recommitting the crime that your spelling failed you.

You might want to read through some of your posts and probably most of your stories too and think twice about correcting someone else's spelling mistakes, scouries.

(Independant and Secretery are two most recent misspellings that come to mind in YOUR thread and here as well)

I suspect you also don’t understand the purpose of the CATEGORY CORRECTION COEFFICIENT. Its purpose is to allow stories from ALL categories to compete fairly.

No, your silly contest doesn't allow ALL categories to compete fairly. You automatically disqualify categories you don't like. How is that fair?

I don’t claim number10, it’s a proven fact. What you PALACE apologists are unwilling to address is how the 17th highest rated GAY story (for the preceding 30 days), the 24th highest ROMANCE story and the 12th highest SCI-FI story somehow were the #1 choice of our readers. And how they beat out the #1 highest rated FIRST TIME, INCEST, EXHIBITIONIST and LOVING WIVES stories.

And you'll never get any answers, so deal with it. Pull up your big girl panties and move on, scouries. Channel all that hostility toward so many AHers into improving your writing skills.

As for your request that I write a SCI-FI story: If I ever do I’ll submit it to a real SCI-FI story site. I won’t hide it here on an erotic story site. The LITEROTICA Sci-Fi-ers are authors who are afraid to go out and face the real Sci-Fi world. Instead they hide here, living off the reads we generate for them.

Translation: You're a coward. You can't step out of your comfort zone for fear of further rejection. With all the self-importance you go on and on about, you'd think it'd be easy for you to write about anything....I mean, being Literotica's #1 author and all. :rolleyes:

[size=+2]james r scouries esq.[/size]
Multiple A.I.R. AWARD winner, MILLION SELLER,
Author of the MOST COMMENTED on
and the MOST VOTED on story on LITEROTICA

Being a multiple award winner of a made-up contest that you and you alone decide who wins really isn't all that impressive. But whatever makes you sleep at night, I suppose.

Oh and where are your REAL world publications, scouries?

Yeah, thought so.
 
I wonder if Lit can identify the perptrators of illegal votes. If they can, and banned them from voting for say six months after an illegal vote, perhaps the contest would be more enjoyable for all and less of a surprise at the end.

But... but... if they did that... we wouldn't have any contest entries at all. ;)
 
wtf? i just wrote the first sentance of my halloween best seller and where is...

[size=+2]
Where the hell is the oggman?
[/size]

image.php


and where the heck is his:

[size=+2]
The Author’s Hangout A.I.R. Halloween Story Contest 2010 Support Thread
[/size]

Christ, I just hope he hasn’t gone on a tour of dogpatch with ace.Doesn’t he realize he has responsibilities? Is he on strike or something?

[size=+3]
ogg
[/size]

[size=+4]
oh ogggggg
[/size]

[size=+5]
oggie … oggie ogg!?
[/size]

where are you?​

[size=+2]james r scouries esq.[/size]
Multiple A.I.R. AWARD winner, MILLION SELLER,
Author of the MOST COMMENTED on
and the MOST VOTED on story on LITEROTICA
 
The answer you seek was provided before the question was ever asked. If you ever bothered to actually read anything before starting your next screed, you'd already know. Spend plenty of time hunting for it, won't you?
 
Looking at the winners especially Geronimo Appleby...I know he's not in a click...have faith. anyone can win these. There's the proof right there. Same thing with Pennlady earlier in the year. I love these contests and ignore those that are too negative. Remember that negativity breeds more negativity.
 
Am I correct in thinking that the Halloween contest starts in exactly fourteen days?!?!

Whoo Hoo! Let the fun begin again!

Let's have a Halloween party with masques only!
 
Interested to see the Halloween entires. I don't think I'll enter this one because I havent even started hehe and paranormal isn't my thing. But there's always such good stories for that one I think.
 
Hi

You don't have to know too much about Halloween to write about it.

I was in Vegas for my 50th birthday which just happens to be on Halloween. There were adults dressed in costumes all day and evening everywhere we went. Even the workers were dressed in costumes.

After a very nice dinner at the Bellagio, we sat on a cold cement bench waiting for the valet to bring around the car to us. My son-in-law and his best man were sitting on one bench and we ladies waited on another one next to them.

Along came a young woman dressed in a French maid costume and squeezed her ass down in between the two men. There were plenty of other benches for her to choose from, too. As soon as her butt hit the cold cement bench she jumped up, flipped her tiny skirt in the air, slapped her naked butt to the best man and screamed, "ooh, that's so cold!" She was hooker! Marketing her wares, I suppose.

It's a great night for guys to dress in drag and for hookers to mingle quite unnoticed by the American law enforcement officers. I say write it up, BooHoo! Make it your virgin Halloween escaped.

What I don't understand is why there is a competition on an erotica site for Halloween it the participants get dresased up for it. To me, it's a contradiction in terms. I've never experienced it . Perhaps I should simply stick to what I know and write about Melbourne Cup Day or Adelaide Cup Day, maybe Ploclamation Day-- I don't know!
 
What I don't understand is why there is a competition on an erotica site for Halloween it the participants get dresased up for it. To me, it's a contradiction in terms. I've never experienced it . Perhaps I should simply stick to what I know and write about Melbourne Cup Day or Adelaide Cup Day, maybe Ploclamation Day-- I don't know!

With a name like yours; hoo_hoo_boo, it's perfect for Halloween. Here are some links to a few of my past Halloween stories. Maybe it will give you some ideas.
Hope you get in the contest. The more the merrier. (scarier)

Camp fire talk http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=332029

Halloween Humor http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=444211

Halloween Murders http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=442924

The Princess and the Frog http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=223187

The Sickle http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=280033

Well that's enough for now. Hope it gives you and others some ideas. Good luck to all that enter.
With respect
DG Hear
 
Official Halloween announcement is up. I'm sure Ogg will have the new support thread up not long after his return on the morrow.
 
Thank you kind gentleman

Thank you DG, I have no idea about Halloween, but will read as much as I can. By the time I do that perhaps it will be too late! Its ok though- we can't be experts about everything. I'm not sure I could deal with it honestly. I guess that could be the point of the story but I can't think of how. I think that in stories mood is important and to simply manufacture one is difficult. I would struggle to make it seem authentic. Perhaps I can be an audience.
My name is a backwards cry and I like to think it's a laugh. Sometimes I think it's a little lacking and another would be better, I guess though that it is memorable! I must have thought of it while going through a migraine- anything looks good then.



With a name like yours; hoo_hoo_boo, it's perfect for Halloween. Here are some links to a few of my past Halloween stories. Maybe it will give you some ideas.
Hope you get in the contest. The more the merrier. (scarier)

Camp fire talk http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=332029

Halloween Humor http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=444211

Halloween Murders http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=442924

The Princess and the Frog http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=223187

The Sickle http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=280033

Well that's enough for now. Hope it gives you and others some ideas. Good luck to all that enter.
With respect
DG Hear
 
Congratulations...

...to the Summer Lovin' winners. I've still got some reading to do but I'll try and make sure I get everything read shortly. Life's been getting in the way of my reading time. Hate it when that happens.

Best wishes,

Jake
 
Halloween Support Thread is posted.

Apologies for the delay. Although I had Wi-Fi in my country retreat, it was too erratic for any extended post. I think the bullocks kept uprooting the telephone lines, or else it was the Security Services jamming radio signals in the area while the Pontiff paid a visit.

Any more claimants for Last Place (tm) for Summer Loving'?

Og
 
"We'll Do Your Mom First," I Said
Two virgins decide to seduce their moms.
4.68 1005 149246 Incest/Taboo (English) 09/10/10
Public Comments: 27

sign-well-do-your-mom.jpg


It took only nine days … which is definitely a record for one of my stories…

I would just like to take a moment and thank the over one thousand of you who took the time to vote for my story. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I’d also like to thank everyone associated with A.I.R. for not only the prize they awarded me, but also for the great work they are doing to support writers of erotic fiction around the world. Well done!


[size=+2]james r scouries esq.[/size]
Multiple A.I.R. AWARD winner, MILLION SELLER,
Author of the MOST COMMENTED on
and the MOST VOTED on story on LITEROTICA
 
well the numbers are in and I think they are quite conclusive: 2010 kicked 2009's ass!

2009 AH Summer Lovin’ Contest Support Thread

413 Posts 5,430 Views

2010 AH/A.I.R. Summer Lovin’ Contest Support Thread

1143 Posts 13,180 Views

Now lets all move on and see what we can do on the halloween thread...

But before we go let's all remember summer lovin' at its very best...

met-art_ry_185_5.jpg


[size=+2]james r scouries esq.[/size]
Multiple A.I.R. AWARD winner, MILLION SELLER,
Author of the MOST COMMENTED on
and the MOST VOTED on story on LITEROTICA
 
Back
Top