PM asshattery

If I asked you “what are reading right now,” would that be less off putting?

:)


Honestly, yes. It would have at least implied that you had an interest in having a conversation rather than the assumption that I’m willing to share personal wardrobe details without even knowing if that’s what I enjoy/am willing to do.
 
If I asked you “what are reading right now,” would that be less off putting?

:)

Yes. 100%. Do you actually not understand the distinction between these two questions as an opening question with a stranger? One is much more likely to get a response, and the other to trigger a block/ignore.
 
Yes. 100%. Do you actually not understand the distinction between these two questions as an opening question with a stranger? One is much more likely to get a response, and the other to trigger a block/ignore.

I get what you're saying, but to me, unless I posted about something I was reading, the question "What are you reading right now?" seems intrusive too. Sure, it's not as personally intrusive, but still intrusive. Now, commenting that I include "reading" in my profile under interests and then asking what type of things I like to read would seem less intrusive to me because I've opened that door. Does that make sense?
 
I get what you're saying, but to me, unless I posted about something I was reading, the question "What are you reading right now?" seems intrusive too. Sure, it's not as personally intrusive, but still intrusive. Now, commenting that I include "reading" in my profile under interests and then asking what type of things I like to read would seem less intrusive to me because I've opened that door. Does that make sense?

Oh, I completely get what you’re saying. My shock was really at a male seemingly not seeing a difference between “What are you reading?” and “Tell me about your panties.” While many people do not appreciate unsolicited PMs of any kind, these are distinctly different.
 
“Thread asshattery” doesn’t have its own thread, but my “favorite “ at the moment is absolutely “ Daddylover3 “.

It is rare to see an asshat put so much effort into cluttering threads with juvenile one liners.
 
Someone who had been using the pretense of friendship using the day that I had three disasters all within a span of 2 hours, including the death of my cousin, to try to make his move. After being a complete juvenile and mocking a username then telling me I had until sundown tonight to delete my Master from my signature, walk away and apologize to him :rolleyes: honey, you are a day late and $500,000 dollars short. Been there, had that game played, not playing it again. That right there is a one way ticket to block. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.
 
Its so sad hearing these things. Its what really keeps us apart, breaks faith and trust. These games I remember caused me to leave LIT for a while. Personally I come for the conversations and insight (my buddy Angie kind of encouraged me out of the shadows). I really lack tollerance for these people. Mostly because they ruin it for the rest of us.

P.s. my apologies to my sisters. I suspect you get the bull from AHats all the time. Hard for me to sit on the sidelines
 
Well, I got this PM:

Title: Rape
Body: have you been raped?


That's the whole PM. What the fuck, dude? Do you seriously expect any woman who has been to talk about it with some random scumbag who PMs them from out of the blue? Go fuck yourself, asshole! :mad:
 
Wow... can't believe this thread has been dormant since 2020... Is there a new one I don't know about?

Anyway, just got a PM suggesting that I have major self-esteem issues and should see a therapist immediately.

Um, okay... I know I have self-esteem issues, and intimacy issues, and impulse control issues, and maybe a touch of bi-polar. I do have a therapist and a psychiatrist and I am on meds. I've posted about that quite a bit over the years. So yeah, you're probably trying to help and all, but sometimes I just need to talk about stuff here because there is no place else I can talk about a lot of this, even with my therapist... or at least I can't talk about it in the same way.

Or in other words, I don't need to be rescued. I need to have a voice in a way I can't have it all the time in real life. Please let me have that. Thanks.
 
Back
Top