Seduced by the Squire (closed for cumnchat)

Bridget was a bit apprehensive in visiting their host's rose garden though his announcement where anyone could hear made her think that it might be all right. His hand on her thigh during the meal had outraged her, and she knew that once she informed Joshua as to exactly what had occurred, he would would be angered.

As they headed out to the garden, at first there were other guest nearby also enjoying the garden. The air was filled with the scent of roses competing with each other for her attention. She had not noticed that slowly she was being led further and further from the house.

As if telling her a secret, he informed her of a most rare rose, he being one of only two gardens in all of England that even had the Rose. He led her towards the little house near the jetty.

"I think that we should return to the party, sir. I am sure that your guest will be looking for you."

"Nonsense Bridget, may I call you Bridget, I think..."

"Please sir, my name is Lady Lexford. You do have a lovely rose garden but I fear that I shall need to delay the rest..."

The entire time that she spoke, he continued a slow advance on her, forcing her to back away till she felt the hard wood if the boathouse that led into the jetty on the lake. It appeared to be a very small lake, more like a pond but Bridget was determined that if she had to swim it, she would.

He was on her like a cat on a cornered mouse as one hand grabbed her face and he pressed his lips against hers. She was outraged, and tried to push against his chest.

Suddenly he appeared to have found the secret slit that Joshua had asked Bridget to install in her dress, for she felt his hand against her buttocks, flesh against flesh.

Giving her bare cheek a squeeze, he pulled back, delighted.

"Aha! Ready for a quick fuck, my girl. At least I can top you off and not worry about getting you knapped!"

The grin on the man's face angered her and she quickly pulled her hand back and slapped his face as hard as possible. In the night air, with the sound of the water lapping against the shore, the sound was barely heard.

"You bunter, what makes you think that your cloven inlet is any better than any other woman's that I've had. Let's see your tits."

His hand grabbed the neckline of her gown and yanked, ripping the material and exposing one heavy breast. She pulled away from him as his fingers reached out to give her breast a squeeze. The only place to run to was the jetty.

The Lord High Sheriff followed her onto the jetty, and he began unfastening his trousers as he walked towards her. She was running out of wood and she looked out at the water, suspecting that it was not quite so deep.

Suddenly he had hold of her dress, pulling her back towards him and lifting the skirt. She kicked out and it was then that she noticed that the man's trousers were around his knees with his cock hard and looming for a harbour. Her shoe clipped his cock and he shook her, his hands reaching to pull her dress up higher and she can feel cool air tickling her swelling belly.

He growled as his fingers tried to part her thighs and again she slapped his face hard.

You dare to refuse me girl? Everyone here tonight knows that you are no lady but a common country girl who spends her time on her back with her legs open.

From nowhere, Joshua attacked the man and they both went over the side and into the water. Like a man possessed, Joshua had their host under water and was threatening to kill the man. Bridget yelled trying to get her husband to stop. She just wanted to go home and forget this night. Not until she jumped in the water did he hear her and let up on the man, their host staggering to his feet and spitting out pond water.

Let's get everyone together and leave, I do believe we have outstayed our welcome.

Soon they were all in the carriage heading back home. Bridget was huddled in Joshua's arms telling him about the host's wandering hands during the dinner and what had happened on the jetty. Across the seating, Estelle calmed and comforted Jean while the woman proceeded to tell what had happened to her at the party. Listening to what had happened to both ladies, Daniel said, I think we have taken enough, Hamilton is undoubtedly our man, tomorrow we raid the Shaftesbury Avenue office and pay a visit to The Strand and arrest the Lord High Sheriff. He condemned himself by his actions tonight.

Bridget was freezing and she craved a hot bath and bed. She could tell that Joshua was worried about her and the baby and soon they were home. He jumped from the carriage and swept her up in his arms, barking orders to everyone he saw - Dougan, Carrie, Marie, - anybody that he ran across was given an order to get something, move something, prepare something. She tried to tell him that she could walk, but he was not listening. In no time, she was soaking in a hot tub while the bed was being prepared with her wrapper waiting to be slipped on her. She heard him bellowing for Doctor Brady and she thought that it might be for Jean, who had been so upset.
 
On their return to Lexford Manor Joshua was in an angered frenzy after Bridget had told him all of what had gone on. No one could do anything right or fast enough, he castigated everyone in his anger but eventually he calmed down and was only simmering.

Leslie Brady arrived and asked for Jean which set Joshua off again,

"BRADY, I called you here to check Lady Lexford and the baby, not for you to go gallivanting off with your fancy woman, do your job first then you can find Jean."

He ranted and raved at the Doctor who just smiled good naturedly, he knew just how Joshua was feeling. He went to Bridget and examined her and finally announced that all was well and all she needed was a good night's rest. By this time Joshua was regretting his tirade at everyone and apologized to Doctor Brady and vowed to apologize to the servants in the morning.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dougan knocked on the door early the next morning,

"'Scuse me Sir but Mr. Clothwood would like a word wiv yer as soon as possible, 'e sed 'e'll be in the library."

"Yes very well Dougan tell him I'll be down shortly, and before I forget please accept my apologies for last night"

"Aye Sir oi'll tell 'im an no need to apologize Sir, we all know how worried you were abaht Bridget."

Joshua washed and dressed quickly and kissed Bridget who was still sleeping.

"Ah, there you are Joshua, sorry about the early hour but things are moving apace now. I have already arranged for the Shaftesbury Avenue premises to be raided and all documents to be seized. You and I however have a much more satisfactory task, we will shortly be on our way to arrest the Lord High Sheriff."

Joshua smiled grimly at Daniel,

"That is indeed good news Daniel but how are we going to prove that he attacked Bridget, it's his word against ours?"

"He'll have far more to worry about than that Joshua,
we have evidence or will find it in his house of his complicity in the abduction of these young ladies.
"

"Then I am with you Daniel I want to see his smug face crumple in despair."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Roland Hamilton's butler opened the door in answer to Daniel's insistent knocking and announced pompously that his master was taking breakfast and would they please return in one hour.

"No, we will not, we will see him now.

And Daniel produced a warrant giving him access to the house and all documents within and granting the arrest of Roland Hamilton on suspicion of human trafficking, abduction, rape, assault, and manslaughter.

They were shown into the breakfast room where Hamilton sat and Daniel began to read the warrant to him but Hamilton smiled and held up his hand,

"Don't waste your breath Clothwood, you have no authority here,
you see you are no longer on that case I have removed you from investigating further
"

He waved a piece of paper under Daniel's nose, Daniel took it and ead it then a smile spread across his face,

"Yes indeed it does say what you say it does but it is useless I may as well wipe my arse with it, you see, you have not signed it"

Joshua had never seen a red face turn to puce as Hamilton's did and he was handcuffed and led away.

"So, it's over Daniel that is the end?"

"Far from it Joshua this is well organised it may take months if not years before we are done"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That evening it was party night as the girls were informed and Joshua told Bridget all that had happened.
 
Bridget lay in bed wearing her wrapper and propped up on pillows. She could hear Joshua bellowing down the hall, his voice angry and on edge. A worry crossed her brow and the rap at the door left her with the belief that it was more than likely the Doctor.

"Enter!" The door opened and in stepped the Doctor, his medical bag swinging in his hand.

"I'm very sorry, Doctor," was all she got out before he held a hand up and assured her.

"He's just worried about you and the baby. It will not hurt for me to check you out."

"I don't know how he will survive once the baby is born. He will probably diaper its head." The two of them had a giggle as Bridget stifled a yawn. He listened as she told him what had happened, giving her a "good for you" when she told him how she had fought back.

He checked her over and told her that both the baby and her were doing fine and that all she needed was a good night's sleep. As she nodded, already halfway to dreamland, the Doctor slipped out leaving Bridget softly snoring on her side. She never heard Joshua enter the room, nor felt the bed gently rock as he slipped in beside her. His arms enfolded her to him and his hand spread protectively across her swelling tummy as she nestled back against him in her sleep.

She never heard the knock the next morning, nor Joshua's preparation. When she was awaken, it was close to 10 and Carrie was opening curtains as she clucked around the room, her pregnant body moving a bit slower.

"Oi 'ear tell that yew 'as a bit uv 'citement last night. Poor Jean 'ad it pretty bad too. She wuz glad that 'er Dad weren't driving them. If 'e 'ad, She said that 'e would uv tried ta fight the man. Yew'd think bein' a doctor an' such, that 'e wood figure out that 'e's in luv wid the woman. The doctor, Oi means, wid Jean. Yew nose."

"Yes, Carrie, you would think that being a Doctor, the poor man would figure out that he needs to marry Jean. Maybe we should help him."

The two women smiled at each other and started making plans.
 
The party began to dwindle and soon there was no more than a dozen people left. Joshua sat in a comfortable leather chair with Bridget perched on his knee feeding him grapes like a Roman slave girl. Unnoticed by all but the most observant Joshua had found the secret slit in Bridget's gown and was stroking the inside of her thighs, eliciting giggles from her as he teased her. He pulled her face down to his and whispered in her ear,

"I believe 'tis time to stop the teasing and give you what you really want, unless of course you are too tired for more frolicking."

Taking their leave of everyone they made their way upstairs with Joshua playfully pinching Bridget's bottom on every other step. Halfway up Joshua stopped and asked in all seriousness,

"Bridget, for a few minutes could you forget all that Estelle taught you about gliding like a lady and revert to your normal way of walking, when you first arrived here your bottom swayed most enticingly."

From that moment until the next morning Joshua discovered that a country girl knew a great deal about pleasing a man.
 
The night grew quiet and most of the manor was dark and still. Occasionally he would see a shadow cross in front of a lit window. He was lucky that there were no dogs at Lexford as he was sure that despite having been living there for a while, a dog would have sounded the alarm.

He had been hiding in an unused loft in the stables. Now that things had quieted down, he crept along in the straw, trying to be quiet. Beneath him a horse whinny made him stop. He held his breath, waiting. He had to get away. All day the estate had been busy, with those trollops wandering around all over the place. That Marie was the biggest slut of them all. He had watched her and the stableboy fucking in the hay many a time.

And now, he could feel the noose tightening around his own neck. He needed to get away. He didn't trust Hamilton to keep him out of all of it.

The horse calmed down and he began to move again, climbing slowly down from the loft. He thought that he would finally make it. The voice cut through the still night.

"Well, ifn it ain't old Perkins 'isself."

Perkins stopped, his blood running cold. He recognized Rodrick voice and turned to find the groomsman watching him.

"Everyone's been lookin' fer ya. An' I luck out an' finds ya."

*****

The next morning, the whole household was awaken to the screaming and crying as Marie discovered her poor Rodrick beaten and hanging on for dear life. In the flurry of people running about, a call went out to fetch Doctor Brady, Marie cradled him in her arms. One person blamed a horse. Another said that it must have been a passing tramp. Rodrick whispered into Marie's ear. She looked up into the gathered group.

"'e said that Perkins did it!"
 
Joshua was soon on the scene along with Bridget still in her wrapper and Joshua in his pants and shirt undone,

"Has anyone called the Doctor?" he demanded and was quickly assured that Leslie was on his way.

"My poor dear Rodrick, wailed Marie, tears streaming from her eyes, completely oblivious to the fact that she was almost naked, not that anyone noticed, all eyes on Rodrick covered in blood and struggling to breathe.

"Do we know who did this?" asked Joshua of no one in particular.

"'E sed it were Perkins, I never did trust him, but why would 'e do it? Rodrick never did 'owt t'im." sobbed Marie before bursting into tears again.

"You were right not to trust him he has been spying on us and reporting any useful titbits to his master. I suspect Rodrick caught him trying to make a getaway."

"OUT OF THE WAY, LET US THROUGH." It was Doctor Brady, calm and authoritative, closely followed by Jean carrying his medical bag.

"For goodness sake give me room." he snapped as everyone crowded in to look, "Dougan, I appreciate their concern but please send them on their way, there is nothing they can do."

"Aye Doctor, as yer wish. Come along all of yer go to yer duties we will keep yer informed."

Dougan ushered them away leaving only Rodrick, himself, Jean, Marie, Joshua and Bridget while Carrie stood further back, tears running down her cheeks.

"Dougan, go and attend to Carrie she seems rather upset and we don't want any more dramas today, OH YES, when you have seen to Carrie find Silas, we are going to need his skill."

Doctor Brady instructed Marie to fetch some cloth and warm water while he examined Rodrick. Ten nutes later he looked up smiling,

"Nothing to worry about although he'll be sore for some time, a couple of cracked ribs and once he is cleaned up a few cuts and bruises.Jean can you bind his chest as I showed you a few days ago?"

"Oh yes Leslie, of course."

Jean was happy that Leslie trusted her to do this and it gave her a chance to show him what an asset she would be to him if he ever asked her to be his wife.

Before Dougan had a chance to look for Silas he was there with a big bluff fellow and half a dozen hounds yapping excitedly.

"News travels fast Sir an' oi thought yer might be callin' on me, it's that Perkins fellow yer want ain't it? Yer goin' ta need hounds ta track him down an these 'ounds is best pack in county, we'll be needin' a scent of 'im, blanket will do.Now is e' a rabbit or a fox? Y'see Sir a rabbit goes down the first 'ole it can find but a fox keeps a runnin' and then 'ides. Oi think Perkins is a fox. we'll 'ave 'im afore nightfall you see."

They found an old blanket that Perkins had used and gave the hounds a good sniff.

"
TALLY HO! THE HUNT WAS ON​
"
 
Marie's loud screaming and wailing was enough to wake the banshees and it was more curious as to who was not there than to who was. Bridget noticed immediately that Perkins was absent. Mainly because every other time that anything happened on the estate, he was right there sticking his nose in. So when Marie announced that Rodrick had fingered the young man as his attacker, it did not surprise her. Nor, apparently did it surprise Joshua or any of the others aware of what was going on with the man.

Once the Doctor arrived with a calm and competent Jean by his side, she had to smile to herself.

Dougan, go and attend to Carrie she seems rather upset and we don't want any more dramas today, OH YES, when you have seen to Carrie find Silas, we are going to need his skill.

Bridget intercepted Dougan.

"Don't worry about Carrie, Dougan. I'll take her with me. She and I need to talk."

Dougan nodded, and she could see the gratefulness in his eyes. Bridget crossed to the very pregnant Carrie and as they spoke in hushed tones, the mother-to-be walked with her, occasionally glancing back at the scene but no longer upset.

"Carrie, it is time that you and I had a chat with the dear Doctor. Look at our Jean." Carrie glanced back to note the young woman working ably and confidently beside the Doctor.

"Would she not make a fine Doctor's wife?" The light went off if Carrie's mind and she began to smile.

"Yes ma'am. She wood! But 'ow...?"

"Carrie, I think that when things settle down a bit, we, and that means you and me, shall need to have a little talk with the Doctor. He has come to rely upon our Jean. But now is the time to make an honest woman of her."

And with that, the two women hurried off, their heads together as they planned just how and when to enact their plan.

Had any of the men been paying attention to the pair, they would have started to worry as to just what the two women were plotting, and just what they could do to avoid whatever it was that Bridget and Carrie were planning.
 
It was a mixed group that left the manor several men armed with pitchforks others with staves and cudgels with Joshua riding at their head, Leslie wanted to come with them but Joshua had said no he was to care for poor Rodrick dosing him with Laudanum to ease the pain but the good Doctor said that Jean could do that, she was proving a godsend to him, so it was that he rode alongside Joshua.

Initially the hounds just milled around sniffing at everything, sniffing and snuffling, seemingly aimlessly. Joshua being unused to the ways of hunting dogs looked sceptical until Jeb Blunt the owner of the pack told him,

"Not to worry Sir they'll pick 'im up very soon, at the moment there's so many diff'rent scents"

At that very moment one of the hounds howled loudly and the others pricked up their ears and followed the first one who was haring along the track towards the wood some two hundred yards distant.

"WAIT, STEADY!"

Jeb called out and the lead dog stopped and stood wagging his tail excitedly.

"'E's got 'is scent now Sir If you don't mind me sayin' you should spread the men out and sweep as we go in case 'e's doubled back, oi've done this a couple of times before."

"In that case Jeb, I'll bow to your knowledge and put you and Silas in charge of the men"

Jeb gave a toothy grin and organised the men into pairs to prod and probe any place that could be hiding someone.

Slowly they moved through the woods always following the lead dog as he surged forward now on a leash.

"E's 'urt an' limpin'. look e's made a crutch."

Silas stated with firm conviction pointing to a footprint in the ground with a small hole next to it where a crutch would be.

The wood petered out to rolling moorland and Joshua sat astride his horse and scanned the land before them with a spyglass he'd had the forethought to bring with him.

"I see him , I see him , look among those rocks four/ five miles distant we'l have him soon but a word of warning we want him alive."

Joshua cried out in excitement and almost spurred his horse forward until Leslie called out,

"WAIT, Joshua, he may be armed and I don't want to be treating a pistol wound out here."

Joshua reined in, taking heed of Leslie's warning.

They quickly closed the distance between themselves and the hobbling dishevelled Perkins. Eventually he seemed to realise that there was no escape and turned to face them his eyes wide with fear and his skin the pallor of parchment.

"Oi give in but can oi ask? If oi turn Queen's evidence they won't 'ang me will they?"

"That I cannot say but if it was up to me I'd leave you to the mercy of all those poor girls you have helped to abuse. Take him."
 
Last edited:
Despite having spent the night alone in her own home, sleep had not come easy to Estelle. Part of it was that she was alone without Daniel. And part of it was because of what had happened with Isaac. Everyone that knew, knew that it had been an accident. Yet, because of her love for Daniel, she felt compelled to reveal the truth to him. Heaven forbid that things should become even more serious and then he find out - she couldn't hurt him like that.

She had been a widow for some years, and had thought that love was over for her. Yet, along comes this straight arrow of a man and suddenly, she found herself in love with him. Even at the party, though she realized that he had an ulterior motive to the questions that he had asked their host, he had been very attentive during the rest of the party, dancing with her until Joshua had informed them about what had happened to Bridget and they had to leave. They had spent the night together at Lexford, but the next morning, while Joshua and Daniel were arresting Hamilton, she felt that she should return home and wait for when Joshua would send for her. He had promised to plead her case to Daniel.

Yet, now she was scared. Not for being arrested. She understood and accepted that though the death of Isaac Crabbe was an accident, she may be called upon to pay for it. What scared her was losing the respect and affection that Daniel had for her. Of losing what's she hoped was his love.

For the first time in many years, Estelle put her face in her hands and cried.
 
With Perkins safely under lock and key in the cellar and a guard posted outside the door Joshua despatched a man to inform Daniel and see what he should do with him. The man returned later that day with a message from Daniel saying that he would come to the Manor the next day when he would speak with Bridget and Jean, he asked that Estelle make herself available to write everything down and the two girls would sign their affidavits and that would be it.
Joshua spoke to Estelle advising her that she should talk to Daniel and tell him the truth about what happened with Isaac, if necessary asking Silas to confirm her story.
Estelle was clearly nervous about it and Joshua asked Bridget to sit with her.

That afternoon Joshua made his way to where the land was being transformed, he was amazed at the progress and was told that everything would be complete in the next two days, two days earlier than expected.
Joshua was elated and hoped that Bridget would realise its significance to them both.

That night he was particularly attentive to Bridget being barely unable to contain himself before Bridget was on her hands and knees while he knelt behind her with his hands holding her swollen belly and he was satisfying both of them with long even thrusts into her backdoor. When he had finished he asked Bridget in all seriousness,

"How long do you think we have before I can only look and not touch?"
 
Bridget was happy that this whole horrible business with Hamilton and Perkins was being taken care of. She did not like the idea that someone had been watching them and reporting everything that they did back to someone.

And then Joshua informed her that tomorrow she and Jean would be interviewed by Daniel concerning her time with Isaac. She could feel herself getting nervous but then he asked her something strange. Not telling her exactly the reason why, he told her that Estelle would need Bridget to sit with her. She agreed to, though just why someone as strong minded as Estelle would need her help surprised her. However, she spent the afternoon with Estelle and they promised to be available for each other on the morrow. Estelle had a nice tea set for the mother-to-be and by the time she headed back to Lexford, she felt better. Jean's father, Brian, had driven her there and back and the man had her laughing by the time that she returned home, telling stories about fairies and leprechauns from when he lived in Ireland. After her helped her down from the carriage once she was back home, she thanked him and kissed his cheek.

That night, Joshua was very attentive to Bridget, careful but passionate as they playfully had anal sex though he was careful and held her swelling belly so there would not be any strain on her. As they lay in each other's arms, kissing, he asked her, How long do you think we have before I can only look and not touch?

She laughed. "I think that it will still be a while, love."

Soon, they were asleep and it was about an hour or two later that a frantic Bridget was waking Joshua up. He seemed confused at first but as he picked up bits of her words, he seemed to panic.

"Joshua, the baby."

It took a moment for her to get him to not go running out of the room.

"Joshua, give me your hand!" She grabbed his hand and placed it to one side of her belly. Beneath his fingers, there was a tiny thumping from within.

"Love, say hello to your child. For the past 5 minutes he or she has been kicking me!"

Even in the dark, she could see the wonderment on his face. It was a good 30 minutes before the baby calmed down and let Bridget sleep.
 
Joshua was in a deep dreamless sleep when he felt Bridget shaking him and shouting something about the baby, confused, he panicked and was about to go for help when Bridget smiled sweetly at him,

' "Joshua, give me your hand!'

She grabbed his hand and placed it to one side of her belly. Beneath his fingers, there was a tiny thumping from within.

'Love, say hello to your child. For the past 5 minutes he or she has been kicking me!'

His eyes widened in wonder as the tiny being inside Bridget worked out the tantrum, for that's what he thought it must be.

"Impatient little thing isn't it? And a temper to match, much like its mother'

He chuckled in delight. Things settled down and Bridget was asleep again while Joshua lay awake thinking how the events of the last few months had changed his life, even more they had changed him.

From being an arrogant army officer with no regard for his men or their comforts to a just as arrogant squire. He would have stayed in the army if his father had not died but the estate would not run itself. Then along came Bridget whom he had treated abominably but she had loved him and married him and now he was a father to be, he could not be happier. Sleep enveloped him among crowds of babies and cherubs.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The next morning Bridget carried out her morning ritual, bobbing up and down on his erect manhood and swallowing the evidence.

When he was washed, dressed and shaved he went to see Perkins, the guard told him that Perkins had pleaded with him most of the night to let him out, promising all sorts of things.

"No way wus oi goin' t'let 'im go, mixed up wiv Crabbe and Hamilton, nah let 'im pay wiv 'is neck is wot oi say."

Joshua nodded in agreement and made his way to the stables to speak to Rodrick who was resting in bed with Marie sitting beside him feeding him with one hand the other suddenly still under the bedclothes.

"How is our patient this morning, getting everything he needs?"

"'E's doin' fine Sir, gettin' everyfing 'e needs regularly,
'e's right where oi want 'im, in bed
"

Joshua smiled, he knew exactly what Marie was giving him so regularly. The devil of it was, Marie knew that he knew but didn't give a jot.

His next call was Carrie who was still under orders to rest. She was such a bundle of energy she was finding it so very hard to rest that sometimes Dougan had to restrain her from even stripping the bed.

"I can see that I will have to send Bridget to admonish you Carrie, she can tell you all about our first encounter with our little one last night."

Carrie's eyes widened in delight,

"Really Joshua? Can you send her straightaway? Oi want to know every detail."

"I will Carrie but you must promise to rest as ordered"

His rounds completed Joshua went to his study to wait for Daniel to arrive after sending one of the junior maids to ask Bridget to visit Carrie.
 
Last edited:
After Joshua got dressed and left on his rounds, Bridget was getting out of bed when the baby began kicking her. She paused, rubbing the place where the little one thumped at her, as if wanting its Mother's attention .

"Little one, you are starting out active today." She recognized the knock on the door as Jean. "Come in, Jean." The maid entered to find Bridget standing in the middle of the room wearing her wrapper with her hand on her stomach.

"Ma'am, are yew alright? Do Oi need to get the Master? Or the Doctor?"

Bridget smiled and shook her head. "Jean, come here and feel the baby!"

For the next ten minutes or so, the baby actively performed for the two woman as they ohhhed and ahhhed over each thump coming from her tummy. Once the baby settled down, Bridget did her ablutions, taking her time.

They were interrupted by a knock at the door and Jean answered it to find Eve standing in the hall. She gave Jean the message and went back to work and Jean turn and with a smile, relayed Master Joshua's message.

"Tha Master sent word tha yew are ta go see Carrie. She wants ta know all about tha baby."

Bridget smiled, excited to be able to tell someone else about the little life stirring inside her. She and Carrie could compare notes. And they could plot just how they planned to make Doctor Brady see the light.

But not everything went as planned. Once Bridget was in Carrie's bedroom, the baby decided to be silent, or sleep, or for whatever reason, and it frustrated her. She spent some time trying to coax the baby into kicking.

"All night the baby was kicking. Just thirty minutes ago the baby wouldn't settle down. And now? Nothing!"

For the next hour the two women compared notes on impending motherhood. Carrie was hoping that soon she could get up and get busy.

"Oi 'ave tew much ta dew ya lay 'round 'ere twiddlin' me tumbs," the woman moaned.

Before they knew it, the two woman were discussing about what had a happened to Bridget at the party and about Perkins and that Daniel was coming to take the young man into custody. But Bridget was nervous, waiting for when she and Jean would be called to reveal just what happened during their time in Isaac's home.
 
Joshua pored over the papers and the ship's log from 'THE PRESIDENT' hoping to find something linking Roland Hamilton to the ship, he was about to give up when he came across a document detailing the shareholders involved in the purchase of the ship and LO AND BEHOLD there was Roland Hamilton's name at the top of the list and with a controlling interest as to what cargo could be carried. Cock a hoop with his discovery he would pass it to Daniel when he arrived.

Lunchtime arrived and still no sign of Daniel, he began to wonder if he had been detained and could not come. Both Bridget and Jean were nervous and agitated becoming more so as the minutes ticked by. It was almost three o' clock before Daniel's carriage clattered noisily into the courtyard where Marie had taken on Rodrick's duties as a groom.

Daniel climbed down from the carriage looking very apologetic, he was about to speak when a giggly girl's voice came from inside the carriage,

"Please don't blame Daniel, 'tis all my fault we are so late,
I mean what is a girl to wear when she is to meet again the gentleman who rebuffed her?
"

A dainty foot and well turned ankle appeared on the top step and out stepped Francesca the flirtatious girl from Hamilton's party and who had warned him of Bridget's imminent danger. Joshua recognized her immediately although she looked far more demure than at the party, less of her ample decolletage on show but still as pretty as a picture. Gallantly, Joshua took her hand and helped her down. She thanked him and gave him a radiant smile, tucking her arm into his somewhat possessively

"You are my hero Joshua, rescuing your good lady so bravely, 'tis a pity you are taken but I do have a gentleman in my sights."

She giggled and Joshua laughed, intrigued by her.

"Then you had best meet my wife before you enchant me"

They proceeded to the library which was roomier than Joshua's study.

Daniel introduced her to them all as Miss Francesca Dupree, Bridget thanked her profusely for her part in securing her rescue from Hamilton.

Daniel was anxious to get on as he wanted to spend some time with Estelle,

"Let us get down to business, I only need to know the circumstances of your time with Isaac and an outline of what happened, Estelle would you please take it all down and then the ladies can sign the papers."

It only took an hour with Daniel asking for the occasional point to be clarified but not probing and bringing back memories as the girls had feared. When they were done Joshua and Bridget took Francesca on a tour of the Manor, Francesca openly flirting with Joshua.
Estelle stayed behind with Daniel and approached him with tears in her eyes,

"Daniel I must speak with you, I have something awful on my conscience, you must do what needs to be done once I confess."

Daniel didn't know what to say all he could do was listen and then decide but surely it could not be too bad.
 
Last edited:
Bridget was nervous. The baby kicked as if understanding the reason for her mood. Jean seemed just as nervous, and for the fifteenth time in as many minutes, walked over to the window to see if the noise that she thought that she heard was Chief Magistrate Clothwood. There was no carriage and Jean shook her head at Bridget. One again, the two women paced and waited.

The sound of a carriage brought a gasp from Bridget as once again Jean ran to look out the window.

"It is Estelle." Bridget's heart was beating fast and in a minute the widow entered the room, smiling at the girls. She spent time trying to calm the two women. All too soon, they once again heard a carriage and Estelle glanced out the library window to find Daniel lending a hand to the flirty young lady from the dinner party as she stepped out. She raised an eyebrow in question.

Turning to Bridget, she told her, "It is Daniel but he brought that that young lady from the party that was flirting with Joshua."

"Really? Well, this should be interesting." Bridget smiled. She turned to explain to Jean. "This woman was the one that warned Joshua about what Hamilton was trying to do to me."

About then, the group entered the room. Bridget gave her genuine thanks to the woman for her timely intervention. After spending some time together, Daniel took Estelle into the study and called Bridget in first, explaining that the reason she was at Isaac's and a brief explanation of what happened. Estelle was there to take notes and to lend emotional comfort. Bridget nodded and, taking a deep breath, began.

It was about thirty minutes later that Bridget emerged from the study. Her eyes glistened with unshed tears but for the most part she was fine. Squeezing Jean's hand, they passed each other in the hall as the young maid rapped on the study door and entered to Daniel's call.

Not a minute later, the Doctor drove up and Bridget went outside to greet him. "I'm here to visit my two patients."

"Certainly. You may want to stay around for a bit after you see Carrie. Right now, Daniel is interviewing Jean about Isaac's."

"Ah, I see. You may be right."

With that, he turned and headed to check on Rodrick. The young groom was coming along nicely under the attention of Marie. Marie was helping out with Rodrick's duties, as was Brian though Marie seemed to be sometimes worried about the older man overdoing things.

Leslie left his first patient and headed back indoors, noting that the study door was still closed. Jean would need comforting afterwards.

Bridget waited with Carrie as the two of them plotted and planned their attack on the unsuspecting Doctor. With the knock on the door, the attack began.

"And how are you feeling?"

"Frustrated! Doctor, Oi needs ta gits up an' git busy. Oi 'aven't cried lately."

Bridget nodded in agreement. After checking her over, he laughed and told her that she could get up and work only with light work, with no heavy lifting. He explained that Carrie was entering a time period when she could go into labor early and they wanted her to carry the baby to full term.

Carrie was happy and with a little bit of a struggle, she got out of bed. Bridget cut off the Doctor's exit. "We need to have a little talk with you."

"I can see that as you seem to have blocked my exit. Just what is on the minds of two of my favorite patients and mothers-to-be?"

Bridget stepped forth. "Doctor, those of us that know you, cannot help but notice just how fond you are of Jean. Your face lights up when you are with her, you worry about her. You have even trained her in how to aid you in your work."

He nodded, knowing where all of this was heading but didn't want to spoil it for the two women.

Carrie spoke. "An' Jean luvs yew 'ole'eartedly. She worries bout yew wen she's 'ere werkin'. Any mention uv yew sets 'er moonin' like a luv sick skoolgurl."

Leslie acted surprised. "Really? Do you think that she's that crazy about me?"

Bridget gave him a withering look. "Don't you play the idiot with me, Doctor Brady! You need to make an honest woman if her. With her father here, don't you think that it bothers him to see his daughter not married, and settled down? Don't you see that she would make a perfect Doctor's wife?" She slowly backed him into a corner as she talked, and Carrie quickly joined her. Leslie found himself cornered by the women intent on showing him the error of his ways.

In capitulation, he raised his hands and, laughing, spoke. "Ladies, I understand what you are saying. Do you mind if I ask your opinion?"

Bridget crossed her arms and smiled, raising an eyebrow in question. Leslie pulled from his pocket a small jewel box and opened it to reveal a delicate engagement ring of a beautiful pearl and tiny diamonds. The two women gasped as they rushed to get a better view of it.

"It was my Mother's. Do you think that she will like it?"

"It's beautiful! Of course she will love it! You already had this planned, didn't you! When are you going to ask her?"

"I thought that tonight, if she can have the night off?"

Carrie spoke up. "Of course she can. If'n it's all right wif yew." Carrie deferred to Bridget. Bridget laughed and nodded her head.

"She should be just about through with Daniel and could probably use a shoulder to lean on about now." As Leslie left, chuckling, Bridget and Carrie began planning just what kind of wedding dear Jean would have.
 
With the interviews over Daniel gathered up his papers and turned to face Estelle, he was about to apologise for not being around so much lately due to work but Estelle approached him with tears in her eyes and took both his hands in hers,

"Daniel I must speak with you, I have something awful on my conscience, you must do what needs to be done once I confess."

Estelle choked and sat down drawing Daniel to sit beside her,

"What is it my dear? What have you done that is so awful?"

Even having got this far Estelle was loath to tell Daniel, fearing that he would loathe her and she would lose him, prison she could cope with but losing Daniel's love and respect would tear her apart.

"I,,,,I should have told you right away Daniel, but I was so frightened of what might happen to me, now I have come to terms with going to prison but you,,,, you have your reputation and position to consider."

Still she couldn't bring herself to say it.

"Estelle, all you have told me is that you were frightened after committing some crime or other but you have not said what crime."

It all came came out in a flood of tears as Estelle threw herself into Daniel's arms,

"It was me, I killed Isaac Crabbe, it was an accident I swear,
the pistol was just to frighten him, then it went off and he was dead.
"

She wept in his arms waiting for him to push her away in repugnance or to put her in handcuffs, it was out in the open now, whatever would be would be.

Instead he held her close and stroked her hair then gently kissed her tear stained eyes.

"Estelle my darling, you have nothing to fear, the autopsy revealed that what killed Isaac was a musket ball fired from some thirty yards away, not a pistol shot from ten yards or so, yes he was murdered but certainly not by you."

Estelle looked at him in disbelief, she had carried this secret all this time and she was innocent. For some reason she felt angry that she had been deprived the knowledge of knowing she had rid the world of such an evil man. Her anger dissipated and she began kissing Daniel fervently and urged him,

"Take me to bed Daniel, I need you close to me"
 
Jean stepped from the study, her hands shaking. Though Daniel had been a lot easier than he could have been, the interview had dredged up old memories that she preferred remain buried. Her interview had gone on longer than Bridget's, but then, she had been there longer. And she had known at least one of the bodies that had so far been dug up.

So it was a pale Jean that stepped out into the hall to find Leslie waiting for her. Without a single word, he folded her into his arms and kissed her gently. For several minutes he just held her as the young lady cried softly against his chest.

"There there," Leslie comforted her. "I have spoken with Bridget and she has agreed that you deserve the evening off. Go upstairs and grab your coat and purse and we will head back to my place. You can eat and spend the night and I'll have you back nice and early tomorrow."

"But I will need to attend Bridget tonight."

"No, I have released Carrie from her bed rest. Between her and Joshua, I am sure that the two of them can get her to bed. Now quick, get your things."

As Jean ran up the stairs to her room, Leslie subconsciously pat the pocket holding his Mother's ring. If he had his way, Jean would be returning to Lexford in the morning an engaged woman and would soon be turning in her notice. He whistled as he waited for her.
 
Whilst Bridget and Jean were being interviewed by Daniel Joshua took it upon himself to show Francesca around the estate with Francesca flirting with him the whole time, clinging to his arm and letting her ample bosom come into contact with him as often as possible. He took no offence at it as she flirted with every man she met, batting her eyelashes at them making each one feel special.

"I don't think it would be a good idea to have you around too much Francesca, the men would all be vying for your attention and very little work would be done."

Francesca giggled girlishly and replied,

"I understand your concern Joshua but I can't help it, have you noticed how they seem to swell, it gladdens my heart that I can have such an effect on a man, but don't worry I have a beau and will be moving to Poole to be with him when his business here is done."

"Aha so Uriah is taken with you and you with him?"

"Indeed Joshua, he has such a tender touch and knows where to touch."

She giggled again impishly and pressed her bosom against his arm.

"You know how grateful Bridget and I are for your help my dear."

He went to give her a kiss on the cheek but before he could stop her her lips were sealed tight on his. When she released him after a long kiss she giggled once more,
"
I promised myself that I would kiss you Joshua from the moment I saw you, I am so envious of Bridget."

Joshua coloured in embarrassment but made it very clear that Bridget was his one and only love. He finished the tour and took Francesca to the kitchen where she soon had the maids in tears of laughter with her comments about men in general. Joshua managed to get a few moments alone with cook and asked her to prepare a hamper for the next morning,

"Say nothing to my Lady wife, tomorrow I am taking her to a place that holds so many fond memories for us"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The next morning Joshua asked Bridget to wear something exceptionally pretty as they were going on a special picnic. Before they left he looked all over for Francesca and eventually found her in a hayloft fast asleep but with her dress undone and up around her waist showing her long shapely legs and thighs and beyond.

Joshua said nothing to Bridget about where they were headed, the only thing he did say was,

"Can I trust you to close your eyes until I tell you to open them?"

Bridget nodded and immediately closed her eyes.

As they drew near Joshua could see the Sign that he had requisitioned as an afterthought.

He helped Bridget down from the trap rather awkwardly with her bulk and eyes obediently shut tight. Once she was safely down he said,

"You can open your eyes now my love, just a short walk and all will be revealed."

He took her hand and led her down a short winding path until they came upon the glade and lake, an exact replica of the one in Ireland even down to the slab of rock on which they had made love.

"This just for you and I Bridget, our very special place."
 
Last edited:
As requested by Joshua, Bridget, with the aid of Carrie, dressed in one of her new outfits from her honeymoon. As she dressed, the two of them wondered if Jean would be soon returning to the estate with a pretty vintage engagement ring on her finger and a Doctor most pleased with himself.

Bridget wondered just where he could be taking her for the special picnic. She was excited and curious and found it hard to wait. And then, he wanted her to keep her eyes closed. It was hard but she promised him that she would not peek, holding on to him and the seat of the carriage as they swayed along. Soon they stopped and he carefully helped her down off the carriage before letting her open her eyes.

You can open your eyes now my love, just a short walk and all will be revealed.

"Joshua, you have me breathless with anticipation."

As they went around the bend in the path, suddenly spread out before her was the place in Ireland where they had had their picnic, and where they had made love.

This just for you and I Bridget, our very special place.

She squealed with joy and threw herself at him, the baby wedged between them as she smothered his face with kisses.

"Joshua, I love you so much. You spoil me. It looks exactly like the same place."

She kissed him on the lips, hugged him, kissed him again, started crying and then headed towards the water. She wanted to bend over and touch the water but she was a bit front heavy and was afraid she would fall in.

She headed over to where Joshua was setting up the picnic. Unlike last time, this time Joshua had to help her down on the ground. As they pulled the food out, she teased Joshua. "You know, I would not be surprised to find that we shall soon be attending another wedding."

She's had a mischievous glint in her eye as he looked up at her.
 
Joshua rejoiced as Bridget's eyes sparkled when she saw the glade, kissing him all over his face and hugging him and the baby when she went down to the water's edge he began to stop her but then let her go, she was far too happy to have him restrict her so he began to unpack the picnic until Bridget returned, he helped her to sit down beside him, her face glowing with happiness.
Then she teased him with a statement come question that he could not answer,

'You know, I would not be surprised to find that we shall soon be attending another wedding.'

Try as he might he could not think of anyone and Bridget refused to tell him, a mischievous glint in her eye.

They ate their lunch leisurely, basking in the warmth of the late summer's day. Bridget lay on her back as Joshua fed her large ripe strawberries, the occasional extra large one he held between his lips and made her take it from him with her
own soft lips and he would steal a kiss from her.

Somehow the sun seemed stronger and warmer so Joshua removed his jacket and rolled it up to put under Bridget's head. Bridget dozed off in the warmth of the sun and Joshua seized his chance. He lifted Bridget's dress high up her thighs way above the tops of her silk stockings and took the largest strawberry of them all that he had been saving, slowly and carefully he placed it between the sweet lips of her labia and put his head between her legs and sucked the strawberry being careful not to dislodge it. As he sucked Bridget's juices also began to flow, she tasted wonderful. He now wanted her so much that he woke her and dived between her legs again and bit into the strawberry and surfaced with it clenched in his teeth, by now Bridget was wide awake and eager to help him complete his mission, he leaned over her and pressed the strawberry to her lips and as it disappeared into her mouth and became a long drawn out kiss his hand was spreading her legs and his fingers slid into the soft slipperiness of her channel.

"Bridget do you remember where we made love when we were in Ireland? I was very precise about the angle at which the rock should be set, I would suggest that we see if it is right."

Without further ado he scooped a heavier Bridget into his arms and waded fully clothed into the cold water with Bridget squealing whether in delight or protest he didn't care, as he deposited her on the flat angled rock and unbuttoned his pants,

"Come on Bridget you are quick enough when you need some loving."

Soon enough Bridget's dress was floating on the surface of the lake as Bridget reclined on the rock naked, except for her stockings.

The angle of the rock was perfect as Joshua and Bridget made love, their coupling made perfect by the tranquility of the place and the birdsong.

When they finally returned to the Manor they managed to get back to their bedroom in their wet clothes, unseen, or so they thought.
 
Marie had been busy taking care of Rodrick. Though he sometimes winced in pain from his ribs every time he came, each time that Marie offered to leave him alone to mend, he would growl and say, "Don't yew dare, my little minx!" So it was as her head was busy bobbing up and down, her mouth filled with Rodrick's swelling cock that she heard the sound of the Master's trap returning.

"'Marie! 'ere, ware are yew goin'? Yew can't leave me like this!"

She ran back and kissed him soundly. "Oi 'ear tha Lord an' Lady cuming back. Oi 'as ta go take care uv them but Oi'll be back soon." She gave a kiss to the purple head of his cock and as she turned to go, Rodrick gave a groan as his cock erupted, sending his seed shooting up and landing haphazardly in glops around his bed and his room. Pain shot through his ribs and he winced, crying out "Marie!" But all he heard was her giggle as she headed outside to greet the Lord and Lady. She was a bit too late for that. Instead, she saw a very pregnant Lady Bridget laughing as water dribbled from her very wet dress. Marie could see as well that Lord Joshua's clothes were just as wet as his hand seemed to disappear into the skirt of her Ladyship. Marie avoided revealing herself. It was obvious to her that the two of them had been enjoying each other somewhere near water.

She waited until they disappeared inside before she went over and gathered the horses and led them into the stables.

*****

Bridget giggled as she turned to let Joshua help her out of her dress. The baby gave a kick and she cried out.

"The baby is busy dancing and kicking. Have you thought as to what name you want to give him or her? If it is a boy, will he be named after you, following family traditions? If it is a girl, could we name her after my Mother? Her name was Emma."
 
The laces on Bridget.s dress were wet and had swollen making them difficult to undo so Joshua was only too glad to give her a helping hand as it gave him an excuse to cup Bridget's bountiful breasts as they were set free from the wet constricting bodice, indeed they felt large, warm and heavy in his hand and he squeezed each one in turn and sucked each large ripe nipple.

Bridget gave a small cry of delight,

'The baby is busy dancing and kicking.'

Joshua's hands left her breasts as he placed both hands on Bridget's swollen belly and felt the fluttering of the baby's kicks inside her.

' Have you thought as to what name you want to give him or her? If it is a boy, will he be named after you, following family traditions? If it is a girl, could we name her after my Mother? Her name was Emma."'

Joshua thought for a moment before he replied,

"Emma is a delightful name my sweet so if it is a girl Emma she will be, as for a boy, my family is not overly religious but we have a tradition of using biblical names for the males thus I am Joshua and 'HE' was Isaac, I have a fondness for the name Matthew so if you are in agreement my love?"

By this time Bridget was free of her dress and naked except for her wet stockings, Joshua knelt in front of her,

"Put your hands on my shoulders my pet to steady yourself and one foot on my knee while I divest you of your stockings."

He rolled each soaked stocking down as Bridget held onto his shoulders, when he was almost done he swiped his tongue from the bottom of her pink slit to the hood of her clit.

Looking up at her he said in what was supposed to be a severe tone but came out as more of a plea.

"I notice that your heart has become somewhat tangled and misshapen perhaps one of the girls could tidy it for you in the morning"

With Bridget's help Joshua stripped off his own wet clothes and they climbed into bed. Joshua spooned behind Bridget as had become their wont of late but he positioned his half erect manhood in the cleft of her rounded cheeks, claiming sleepily.

"That water was so damned cold he needs somewhere warm to sleep tonight."
 
Emma is a delightful name my sweet so if it is a girl Emma she will be, as for a boy, my family is not overly religious but we have a tradition of using biblical names for the males thus I am Joshua and 'HE' was Isaac, I have a fondness for the name Matthew so if you are in agreement my love?

Carefully and methodically Joshua helped her get out of her wet clothes, for which she was immensely grateful. Soon he had her standing in her wet stockings.

Put your hands on my shoulders my pet to steady yourself and one foot on my knee while I divest you of your stockings.

When his tongue licked her sex, she gave a squeal of delight. But he surprised her when he made his request.

I notice that your heart has become somewhat tangled and misshapen perhaps one of the girls could tidy it for you in the morning

She helped Joshua undress, and could tell that he too was very cold. Soon they were snugly in bed, Joshua spooning her as his hand stretched protectively across her growing belly. And he slipped his cock between her buttocks, attempting to warm it.

That water was so damned cold he needs somewhere warm to sleep tonight.

"Don't worry, I'll warm him up come morning," she said with a yawn as she drifted off to sleep.

The next morning, she awoke to his cock definitely having warmed up overnight and needing attention. While he slept, she rolled over and, smiling, began to lick his cock before she slid her lips around it, his manhood disappearing deep into her hot wet mouth.
 
Last edited:
Joshua woke slowly still dreaming of the plump mermaid who was devouring his cock with such relish. He didn't want to wake from this dream where his cock was being licked and sucked by such a talented warm wet mouth. He groaned and reached down to grab his cock so he could masturbate but his hand was pushed away and he realised it wasn't a dream, his mermaid was Bridget bent over his cock worshipping it with her mouth and tongue.

"Just carry on my love I am having such wonderful dreams."

He tangled her hair in his fingers and moved her head up and down on his saliva covered shaft. Within half a minute he was jetting his cream down her throat as he spurted again and again. When Bridget finally finished cleaning him they curled up in each other's arms naked on the bed. They heard Carrie coming towards their room announcing herself in advance as always since she had caught them unawares one morning. Joshua quickly slipped on a shirt and a pair of trousers.

"Come in Carrie, I am decent, there is nothing for you to see,"

"Oi am quite aware of that Sir, 'ow ever did yew manage to get Bridget in the family way?"

"Carrie you have an acid tongue that can destroy a man's ego in seconds."

Joshua laughed enjoying the banter between them.

"Wot's these wet clothes 'ere? They should be washed and hung to dry."

Carrie picked up their wet clothes from yesterday, looking at them critically.

Joshua and Bridget didn't answer her but looked at each other and Joshua began to laugh while Bridget giggled uncontrollably.

Then Carrie became serious,

"We missed you at dinner last night an' poor Leslie was most put out, 'e's put off 'is announcement until breakfast."

Joshua was flummoxed, what announcement? He wasn't intending to leave was he?

"If he considers this announcement to be so important we should extend him the courtesy of listening, Carrie, will you please advise all our guests that we will be down shortly?"

Joshua missed the secretive smiles that passed between Bridget and Carrie. To avoid any unnecessary delay getting dressed Bridget wore one of her wrappers.

Every one was present when they arrived in the dining room. Jean, Leslie, Brian, Daniel, Estelle, Dougan and Carrie and even Francesca was there, for once taking a back seat.

Leslie got to his feet and began,

"It is so heartwarming to see all my closest friends here to hopefully wish Jean and I a long and happy marriage which Jean agreed to last night, with her father Brian's consent of course, YES my friends we are engaged to be married."

Congratulations came at them from all sides, Jean showing her ring to all the ladies, her face flushed with happiness. Joshua pulled Bridget to one side,

"You knew didn't you? That's what the teasing was about, as you know Bridget I like a joke as much as the next man, but to keep this from me is scandalous."

Joshua rejoined the men, he wasn't unhappy about the engagement but he didn't enjoy being kept in the dark.
 
Last edited:
Carrie made her way over to Bridget, whispering,

"Well, 'e didn't look very 'appy."

Bridget smiled. "I tried to tell him but he had other things on his mind."

"Ovher fings? Did they 'ave anyfing ta do wif dem wet clothes?"

"Maybe." Bridget smiled and soon the two of them were giggling.

"He'll get over it. Eventually he will learn that with a wife comes a certain amount of loss of control. And once the baby get here, he will probably lose all control and everything will revolve around the little one."

"W'en will these men learn t'at t'ey only 'ave as much power as we give 'em. Dougan finks 'e's lord and master over me. 'ave Oi got 'im fooled."

Bridget whispered in Carrie's ear, and the woman grinned and nodded.

The two women eventually pulled Jean aside and began to initiate her into the world of a wife.

Later, after all the hugs and kisses and congratulations, and oohs and aahs over the ring, everyone scattered after a very quick and very abreviated breakfast. Joshua had been rather quiet, and had promptly disappeared but she suspected that she knew where he was.

Once things calmed down, Bridget knocked on the study door and stuck her head inside to find him sitting at his desk. He wouldn't even glance at her and she closed the doors, leaning against them and quietly locking the door.

"Joshua." Her voice was sing song, that tone that every husband knew usually led to some kind of expensive revelation. She slowly crossed the room, calling to him though he appeared to ignore her.

"Don't be mad at me." She came up behind him in the chair and ran her fingers through his hair while she kissed his face. "I tried to tell you but you had other things on your mind. And so did I. You had just presented me with this wonderful gift, and then after we ate, we christened it. Remember?"

She wedged herself between him and the desk and opened her wrapper, showing him the heart that Carrie had trimmed for her. And she had on her stockings. And that was all she wore under her wrapper.
 
Back
Top