Team PM!

I often get PMs expressing concern about the risk that I will bite back at the sender. I rarely have need to, but sometimes wonder if it would be welcome.

lol!

I am terrified of sending PMs in the fear that the other person doesn't want personal mail.

This, for me, is a kind of open permission to PM. Which is why I am happy to help.

Sending a PM isn't what's scary in my opinion. It's the not getting a response back that leaves you wondering. I'm always open to receiving messages. I always respond and decline respectfully. If I don't remember to, I apologize in advance now! It's not intentional!!!

lol!

I am terrified of sending PMs in the fear that the other person doesn't want personal mail.

This, for me, is a kind of open permission to PM. Which is why I am happy to help.

I run into that sometimes as well. It's hard to know when it's okay.

But, I've got the link now, so we'll see how this goes!

Sending a PM isn't what's scary in my opinion. It's the not getting a response back that leaves you wondering. I'm always open to receiving messages. I always respond and decline respectfully. If I don't remember to, I apologize in advance now! It's not intentional!!!

I agree with this, especially if you have sent a well worded, thought out message. Only to have no reply, not even a no thanks. Makes me wonder what that person thought of my message, do they just get so many that they ignore them? Or too lazy to respond? The other thought is do I scare them because it is a thought out message and not a picture of my cock.

I really like the idea of Team PM. A great thing to let others know that you are open and willing to receive thoughtful and tasteful PMs. Really adds to the sense of community.

However, I have noticed that there are several "badges" being used.

pm_new.gif
email_icon.gif
attachment.php
FrontPMFinal_zpsd80812c2.jpg
To coalesce as a team, I suggest that a single, readily identifiable badge be selected. I like the blue shield, but with a few changes such as a bit smaller, and include the team name on the shield.

Here is my proposed version - which includes a link to this thread.
Or a slightly smaller version: ,
or an even smaller version

which can be displayed (70x84 size) using this code:
[URL=http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1083447][IMG]http://forum.literotica.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1563383[/IMG][/URL]​

Code for the medium version (50x60):
[URL=http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1083447][IMG]http://forum.literotica.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1563415[/IMG][/URL]​

Code for the small version (35x42):
[URL=http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1083447][IMG]http://forum.literotica.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1569743[/IMG][/URL]​

Attachments

• Team-PM-70x84.png
    Team-PM-70x84.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 53,583
  • Team-PM-50x60.png
    Team-PM-50x60.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 56,910
  • Team-PM-35x42.png
    Team-PM-35x42.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 15,546
Last edited:
Well let's put $ where the mouth is.

I'm open for PMs. From anyone. Naughty or nice :).

And I WILL reply. With equal or greater said naughty or niceness

I think it's nice to not have to click a bazillion times to get to messages someone.

I love this idea, and wholeheartedly endorse it.

I am open to any and all PMs, tasteful or otherwise. Fill my inbox, please. :)

It's a great idea. Anything which breaks the ice and helps form community is a good thing IMO.

I have a question for all of the men who have put a badge on their signature...

Have you received any unsolicited PMs? I have not. I think the badges are great and I have messaged people and had some nice conversations, but I have not had anybody click on my badge and message me.

I'm just curious if any body else's mileage varies.

Have you received any unsolicited PMs? I have not. I think the badges are great and I have messaged people and had some nice conversations, but I have not had anybody click on my badge and message me.

A few. 2 or 3 simply because of the badge. Not hundreds for sure.

One guy PM'd me because the the thread was at the top and my post was the last one.

So it does work to a degree.

I have only used the Team PM badge in my signature for a day. The only PMs I have received are from friends, PMs I would have received anyway. No unsolicited PMs.

However, I do think that it is important to promote the concept of people being open to unsolicited PMs to increase the sense of community.

Can we petition for a sticky?

I realise if you want something ignored the best thing to do is sticky it. ;)

Trying to catch up...

Well, I must say, this is a pretty cool concept. I'd like to join the effort, if that's cool. I come with references and everything. :)
Of course! Welcome to Team PM! :)

Thank you Mindfondler for running with this idea and thank you QSco and Kalamain for making it so easy to include a link.
You're very welcome! It's great to have you on board. :)

You have a point here :cool:
I'm glad to see that you've added the Team PM link to your signature. :)

I hope that it works that way. At least, it's an indication that respectful PMs won't be rejected out of hand (oddly, I've seen a few Litster signatures that imply that they will be!).

That's a great pledge to make! I appreciate that it may not be so straightforward to fulfill when you find your inbox bulging full with unanswered PMs. :)

I agree with this, especially if you have sent a well worded, thought out message. Only to have no reply, not even a no thanks. Makes me wonder what that person thought of my message, do they just get so many that they ignore them? Or too lazy to respond? The other thought is do I scare them because it is a thought out message and not a picture of my cock.
There are lots of possible reasons, many of which are associated only with the recipient and not the sender or the content of the PM. For example, someone who is getting a regular flow of incoming messages can easily lose track of where they are -- they may open a PM, read it quickly and then forget to reply to it later (partly because the "unread" indication has disappeared by then).

I really like the idea of Team PM. A great thing to let others know that you are open and willing to receive thoughtful and tasteful PMs. Really adds to the sense of community.

However, I have noticed that there are several "badges" being used.

Here is my proposed version ...
Thanks! I like the smaller one. I might incorporate that into my signature.

Well let's put $ where the mouth is.

I'm open for PMs. From anyone. Naughty or nice :).

And I WILL reply. With equal or greater said naughty or niceness
That's another great pledge! Good luck! :)

I think it's nice to not have to click a bazillion times to get to messages someone.
I take your point, although before starting a conversation with someone new, I normally visit their profile first (in which case the "send a PM" link is just a click away anyway). I must admit that, on several occasions, I've bailed out of writing a PM when I've seen the content of the profile.

I love this idea, and wholeheartedly endorse it.

I am open to any and all PMs, tasteful or otherwise. Fill my inbox, please. :)
It's a great idea. Anything which breaks the ice and helps form community is a good thing IMO.
Great! I hope that it works for you both.

I've received a few PMs about Team PM, but so far no unsolicited ones that I can attribute directly to the link in my signature. I'm not particularly surprised by that.

So far, no responses at all, other than replies.

I have had a number in fact :)

Most in reply to posts I have made.

Still seems, the more you advertise, the more audience you reach.

Right, got my badge and a direct link for PM's but the inbox still has tumbleweed rattling around in it...

Build it and they will come etc... :D

Right, got my badge and a direct link for PM's but the inbox still has tumbleweed rattling around in it...

Build it and they will come etc... :D

Maybe if you built up your profile. A woman is seduced in the mind first. If you can't get here there you will get nothing but guys pretending to be girls. Best of luck!

Maybe if you built up your profile. A woman is seduced in the mind first. If you can't get here there you will get nothing but guys pretending to be girls. Best of luck!

Fair comment - although "seduction" wasn't necessarily uppermost in my mind :eek:

But I'll work on it ;) :rose:

I had the link in my signature for a day or so but then thought it made me appear desperate for PMs so I took it down.

I had the link in my signature for a day or so but then thought it made me appear desperate for PMs so I took it down.

I have a link in my signature but it's not a shield. I like to be different. I don't think it makes one look desperate on here. Everyone like some form of company or we wouldn't be here!

I have a link in my signature but it's not a shield. I like to be different. I don't think it makes one look desperate on here. Everyone like some form of company or we wouldn't be here!

True and I like to think if anyone sees the way I interact on the boards, they will know that I don't mind making new friends and will talk about anything from sports to sex and all things in between. :D

always willing to respond

maybe its the canadian in me, but if someone takes the chance and sends a pm it only seems right to take the time to respond. i would hope for the same for any one i send, since i dont send many

Back