The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh good. As long as it wasn't too serious. . . .
Welcome back, Molly.

A glass of something refreshing perhaps ?

A tall, icy-cold lemonade, if you please.

The way the day's heating up, a liter of lager American style--super cold!

I saw something strange this afternoon. The thermometer in my car read 106. That is not normal for this time of year. And we still have yet to get an inch of rain for the entire month. This is turning into a serious drought.

Not only is it warm, but I spent the afternoon in the shop and need to wash the sawdust out. Bit by bit, I'm getting better. The first two boxes I made were crude. The third was better and the fourth better yet. This one will be my fifth and I've figured out enough of the subtleties that if I pay attention to what I'm doing, it should be okay. I really am trying to get good at this but my attention wanders, you know? Ooo! Shiny . . . !

Not only is it warm, but I spent the afternoon in the shop and need to wash the sawdust out. Bit by bit, I'm getting better. The first two boxes I made were crude. The third was better and the fourth better yet. This one will be my fifth and I've figured out enough of the subtleties that if I pay attention to what I'm doing, it should be okay. I really am trying to get good at this but my attention wanders, you know? Ooo! Shiny . . . !

I know you well, dearest. I'm still waiting on my chair. :rolleyes:

Hmmm . . . how about a "I should be retired but I'll settle for sitting in my rocker writing" present?

Damned rocking chairs are a lot more technical than they look.

Hmmm . . . how about a "I should be retired but I'll settle for sitting in my rocker writing" present?

Damned rocking chairs are a lot more technical than they look.

I have an old rocker sitting by the hearth. It's about 150 years old. I had to do a lot of restoration work to it. It still has its original finish, but the seat was split and horribly patched together when it came to me. It was found in the loft of a barn when it was presented to me. It's a lovely chair, but I really am looking forward to that bentwood you talked about. I shall wait on pins and needles until you have it figured out. :kiss:

Strange, ain't it?.
We spend our very early years in a cradle that rocks, sitting in a pram and rocking it, racking our chairs back and rocking, and actually look forward to a Rocking Chair on the porch.

Good Morning all.
I think a coffee to start with.

At least the NWS says your heat is moving East. DC and the NE deserve it! Maybe the politicians will be too hot to even campaign and we will get a few days respite.

At least the NWS says your heat is moving East. DC and the NE deserve it! Maybe the politicians will be too hot to even campaign and we will get a few days respite.

Fat chance. They'd brave the very fires of hell to secure their place among the grifters.

I've decided to reread Peter Mayle's A Year In Provence. The only drawback is it makes me hungry . . .

Good. Go cook us something, will ya?

Are you going to tell us the recipe, please?

Um, well, I got some red grapes, stomped on them, threw them into a vat with some yeast and let it ferment. Then I strained it, let it ferment again. Then I did it again and later bottled it. It sat for a year and now it's like drinking the nectar of the gods.

Um, well, I got some red grapes, stomped on them, threw them into a vat with some yeast and let it ferment. Then I strained it, let it ferment again. Then I did it again and later bottled it. It sat for a year and now it's like drinking the nectar of the gods.

Oh, right.
Erm . . . . .

I think he was expecting a little more in the way of details on the recipe.

Thunder, lightning . . .could it be? Could we actually see rain?

hello Molly. :)

hope you fare better than we did yesterday. there was a ton of thunder and lightning here, and it only amounted to a drizzle. certainly seemed overly dramatic. :rolleyes: we really need the rain here, too.

hello Molly. :)

hope you fare better than we did yesterday. there was a ton of thunder and lightning here, and it only amounted to a drizzle. certainly seemed overly dramatic. :rolleyes: we really need the rain here, too.

It rained, actually rained--for about 30 seconds. :rolleyes: The lawn is dead, the corn and beans are curling up in the fields. Ma doesn't like us this year.

It rained, actually rained--for about 30 seconds. :rolleyes: The lawn is dead, the corn and beans are curling up in the fields. Ma doesn't like us this year.

I hear ya. :( my lawn is brown and crunchy. with the little drizzle, I have about 10 new dandelions but those are the only green things in the yard. I have been carrying water to the garden but that is getting VERY old. I don't think our corn is going to make it this year. the stalks are looking pretty brittle.

I hear ya. :( my lawn is brown and crunchy. with the little drizzle, I have about 10 new dandelions but those are the only green things in the yard. I have been carrying water to the garden but that is getting VERY old. I don't think our corn is going to make it this year. the stalks are looking pretty brittle.

All my veggies look great, but the water bill . . . not so much. We ate pea pods until we were sick of them and now we're enjoying green beans. The tomatoes are starting to turn, so soon we'll be canning. Oh, the work ahead. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back