"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
champagne1982 said:
Wow! There are a LOT of poems posted today Evie. I think they all heard you were back doing reviews and wanted you to read them. A magenta WE should be a new Lit list indicator, signifying your porny approval. :)
Don't pink my initials up with your magenta. :catroar:
I had forgotten how much work reviews can be. I thought I'd never get through all those poems. Fortunately, many of them were good to very good. :)
 
Thank you Evie, for your comments and the mention in your reviews. (so glad you're back)

Thanks too to Tzara who asked about my use of "silk'n". I used it so that it can be read as "with silk and time to spare" or " with silken time to spare." I'm grateful you read my poems.
 
Thanks for the mention of "Lust" today, Eve. :) I used to write here quite a bit a while back. Life got busy and I went away for sometime...now I am back....and wondering where everyone else went. Especially the more experienced people who left comments and critiques on the new poems page almost daily...I miss that...learned a lot from them. Ah well...if you find them, let me know. ;) Julia (Curiouswife)
 
Last edited:
My favorite one is Cloud Haiku from fieryjen. This 2 stanza effort carries a bittersweet irony that is enhanced by the accompanying photo.

Whoa, I didn't even notice I was mentioned recently. Thank you so much, tungtied2u :rose:
 
nice reviews, duckie.

the hard work and effort, in your review and in other recent reviews, are as apparent as the ever-burgeoning move toward honesty.

both are equally refreshing.

:rose:
 
TheRainMan said:
nice reviews, duckie.

the hard work and effort, in your review and in other recent reviews, are as apparent as the ever-burgeoning move toward honesty.

both are equally refreshing.

:rose:

Thank you.

:rose:
 
Wow, thank you Duckiesmut. In all honesty, that was the best critique I have ever gotten. You gave me a lot to think about and learn from. So thank you, thank you. :rose:

As for punctuation, it is soooo hard for me!!! I even had someone on here try to "teach" me punctuation, but it just seems to be contradictory to what I want to create...words and sentences that flow into one another and can be read in several ways due to the lack of punctuation. So I've officially given up on punctuation...hope I don't drive anyone too crazy! :p

Thank you again for your comments. I am very impressed by your skill at deciphering and critiquing poetry.

Julia (curiouswife)
 
Last edited:
Curiouswife said:
Wow, thank you Duckiesmut. In all honesty, that was the best critique I have ever gotten. You gave me a lot to think about and learn from. So thank you, thank you. :rose:

As for punctuation, it is soooo hard for me!!! I even had someone on here try to "teach" me punctuation, but it just seems to be contradictory to what I want to create...words and sentences that flow into one another and can be read in several ways due to the lack of punctuation. So I've officially given up on punctuation...hope I don't drive anyone too crazy! :p

Thank you again for your comments. I am very impressed by your skill at deciphering and critiquing poetry.

Julia (curiouswife)

You're very, very welcome. I'm glad it was welcome and helpful. It's much more fun to dig into poetry when you're fairly certain the poet won't be offended, so I was very glad to see this post.

As far as punctuation goes, I feel your pain. And nothing's wrong with a little crazy, in my opinion. :)
 
WickedEve said:
_________________________

like thunder.
by MyNecroticSnail ©

Snail, is fromt a typo or something brilliant that I'm not understanding. I ask, because you're a tricky poet. Do I like your poem? Well, I'm afraid to answer. I'm swallowed up by self-doubt. Perhaps it's more profound than I could ever imagine. Maybe not. I don't know! When I saw a snail poem on my review day, I hesitated before clicking. My palms were sweating. Head throbbing. Panties clinging--though that really didn't have anything to do with my anxiety over your poem.
Okay, enough of my bullshit review. I don't get the poem but I know someone like Tzara will. So, hopefully he'll post a comment on it so I can copy and paste it into my review.

____________________________
MNS responds:
It should be ": like thunder", fromt is not that brilliant, merely deeper than zmpfttt. Tzara will not comment on it for fear that he will be subjected to a long winded explanation on why it is better than Ezra.Ho-hum. But is you look carefully everything important is covered by some poetic technique or another, starting from the sight rhyme of ponder to wonder, to the assonant quality of audience and applaud. I like it because it doesn't have a "poetic moment" in it.
What I don't like about it is, it is so damn obvious. That must come from my folksinger background.
Although, this should be backed by a tuba.
 
I can't thank you all enough for the kind words and warm welcomes (I could, but I don't like Oprah-moments). If my head gets any bigger than it naturally is, I won't be able to stand up anymore.

(What was the line from So I Married An Axe Murderer? "That boy's head looks like a grapefruit on a toothpick!" or something similar.)

Emoticon.
 
Thank champagne1982 and vampiredust for mentioning my, or rather, my alt user's poem(s), "Knowing is a Loaded Weapon" and "Piss + Vinegar". Also much thanks to those who commented in PC. :rose:


As for the questions about "Knowing is a Loaded Weapon", Samson is a play on words, a reference to the Son of Sam, a murderer who blamed a black dog who barked all night and talked him into killing. This poem isn't about murder, but is about suicidal thoughts. The reference to "Adam" in the poem isn't biblical, it's my first name--I go by my middle, Jamison.

Hope that clears some confusion and not made more ??? but I rather doubt it. You're right Carrie it was a personal poem. I have major depressive episodes and poetry is therapy for me.

Sorry if this was TMI. :)
 
To everyone who noticed I did a review today, you're welcome. I tried to say a little something about all of the poets who had a poem (or 5 :rolleyes: ) posted on this date.

To all who thank me for taking a moment with their poems, you, too, are welcome. I really enjoyed reading your stuff today, in fact, it is I who thank you. When I review and critique poems, I seem to kindle an interest that sometimes lags if I ignore my muse, so in effect, you are adding fuel to the fire.

neo... I remember reading something that was very autobiographical, (Adam's Face is one) a post or a story as well, that explained the nature of your recovering soul. :kiss: May the illness of depression always be kept at bay by the light of poetry. :heart: Thanks for explaining the Son of Sam reference. You may have already done so once before, but I appreciate your thoughtfulness in telling me your reasoning.
 
neonurotic said:
Thank champagne1982 and vampiredust for mentioning my, or rather, my alt user's poem(s), "Knowing is a Loaded Weapon" and "Piss + Vinegar". Also much thanks to those who commented in PC. :rose:


As for the questions about "Knowing is a Loaded Weapon", Samson is a play on words, a reference to the Son of Sam, a murderer who blamed a black dog who barked all night and talked him into killing. This poem isn't about murder, but is about suicidal thoughts. The reference to "Adam" in the poem isn't biblical, it's my first name--I go by my middle, Jamison.

Hope that clears some confusion and not made more ??? but I rather doubt it. You're right Carrie it was a personal poem. I have major depressive episodes and poetry is therapy for me.

Sorry if this was TMI. :)

Nothing from Neo, is ever TMI ~~


:rose: :heart:
 
Thanks to you Chris for your comment and critique of Signs of Spring. I see what you mean about sentence length and what I may do is add a full stop with a period or colon, although the latter isn't very poetic and always signals a list to me.

You've been adding some great thoughts to the poems out there and I appreciate your presence on the forum and in the public comment realm. If you have any suggestions on what to do with that poem's pace I think you should pm me. I'm always on the lookout for free stuff. :rose:
 
Thanks Chris for the mention and to all who read and commented on my poem.
if the Snail likes it, I couldn't ask for more.

:D
 
I have got to admit:

Nearly every review I have read since I joined here (all of what, a week ago?) has been fantastic, delving not into just a classic "This poem is new, here is a link", but going in depth, describing the positive and negative features of the poems, which most poets including myself appreciate endlessly.

I just wanted you folks who take the time out of your day to know it's appreciated by at least this little nobody. Thanks, I owe you all a drink.

Salut,
-2d
 
Sexy was supposed to feel awkward and uncomfortable in its word flow in a direct connection to the girl's feelings.

I also wanted to reply to kolkor's comments on the discussion board in case the topics were of interest to any other readers.

On [pornpoem]:
I'm not really a sixties music person (being all of nineteen), and I'm fairly certain I haven't heard the song, although its certainly possible. I actually wrote this poem as a joke when I was fourteen to make fun of the lame and repetitive ways people describe sex--and to horrify my best friend, of course.
I'll try and look into the song, and if I agree that its close I"ll cite it as something that would likely be a better read.

On Sexy:
Vampiredust was referring to alliteration, not alienation--alliteration is repeated consonant sounds, for instance: cramming crushed cars--note the repeated c sounds. As far as why I do that? I honestly just think in heavy alliteration and don't have the heart to change it since I enjoy it.

As far as meaning behind my work--I was writing from my own standpoint a few years ago, when I felt the desire to be desired and dressed up in a short skirt and heels and put on makeup that, as I said in the poem, made more of a caricature of my features, rather than enhancing them. It was a very fake and unappealing version of myself, and now that I have the confidence and sensuality I always craved, I can look back and realize it. IE, all I ever wanted was to hear a certain somebody say I was desirable....
 
...i can't believe there's only three of us using this. it's such a great idea.

:)


where is everyone?
 
wildsweetone said:
Poem Choice to share today (because i can) . . .


all of a sudden, the 'Poem Reviews' have become, out of nowhere, one of the first links i click when i get here.

just sayin'.

thank you, WSO, vampiredust, duckiesmut, et al.

:rose:
 
TheRainMan said:
all of a sudden, the 'Poem Reviews' have become, out of nowhere, one of the first links i click when i get here.

just sayin'.

thank you, WSO, vampiredust, duckiesmut, et al.

:rose:

What I really appreciate is the time, thought and yes, the intrepidnous (?) my fellow reviewers are displaying. In a land where unabombers and trolls lurk, waiting to unleash their wrath upon anyone who so much as utters a word seen as unfair or overly critical, I applaud the forthrightness and sense of earnest helpfulness offered by these poets.

Thank you all for your input, and making the reviews a place to learn and be entertained.

:rose:
 
i'm just giving a little back, that's all.

the poetry i've been writing in the last few months outweighs anything i have posted in submission form on Literotica and i know my own skill level. i try hard to ensure i give something positive back along with the suggested improvements - sometimes it's difficult to find positive things, but they are there if i look hard enough.

i told you that because it doesn't matter to me what a troll or a-bomber does to my work here, i have other work that i consider more important and i now have an ability to see clearly the intent behind a constructive critique or troll message.

i'm glad you're clicking on the New Reviews - they should be utilised, lots. feel free to add input too. i know i for one am not always right and do miss things sometimes.

and thank you to 4degrees :rose: who pointed out an incorrect link for me today. i was in a great rush and missed it during my double check *rolling eyes*

:rose:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top