The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was damned clever.

Did I imagine something "just outside Kent?"

It just seemed like a good place for the young gentleman in question to be from. I used to have a picture of what I thought Bracethwaite Castle looked like but can't find it. Must be in some other file.

It just seemed like a good place for the young gentleman in question to be from. I used to have a picture of what I thought Bracethwaite Castle looked like but can't find it. Must be in some other file.

Bracethwaite Castle seems a fine place to study. . . . .

Aha! I knew I had it around somewhere!

BrasethwaiteCastle.jpg

But of course! What other style would fit in a Steampunk SF fantasy? Actually, in the previous chapter it's described as Tudor but this seems so perfectly suited to a story about thoroughly randy gentry . . .

It rather reminds me of a 'Hospital for Officers' in use at the time of the Great War.
Shall we assume that it's built on the site of an ancient Tudor mansion ?

Coffee's ready.

Oh good. Coffee is always desirable.

It's my understanding that Great Houses tend to be build on the site of something that burned down that was build on the site of something that was burned down that was built on the site of . . . So, yeah. Why not?

It's my understanding that Great Houses tend to be build on the site of something that burned down that was build on the site of something that was burned down that was built on the site of . . . So, yeah. Why not?

When you only have so much prime real estate, then yeah that has to happen.

Bracethwaite Castle

Rebuilt by the 5th Earl in 1842, the Castle is modelled on a fantasy world owing much to the work of Lewis Caroll. It is on the site of an old Tudor Mansion which was almost completely destroyed in the Civil War, after which it was built as a more simple building, having been left in part to the Sisters of Chastity, a religious Order of Teachers. The Choir is now part of the stable block, it being the only part still standing after the fire of 1799.

Right! And anyone who wants to write something using Bracethwaite as a site for their salacious story is completely welcome.

Oh, and that's 5th Viscount, not Earl. That would be the current Viscount's late uncle whose only son died without issue living Edward to inherit the title, castle, lands, holdings in London, shares in South African gold mines and, of course, 40% of Bohun and Merely Engineworks, sole manufacturer of compression ignition (i.e. diesel) engines in this alternate universe. His old university chum and partner, Roger Merely, owns 50% and Mia La Touche, mathematician and notorious copulist, owns 10%.

Right! And anyone who wants to write something using Bracethwaite as a site for their salacious story is completely welcome.

Oh, and that's 5th Viscount, not Earl. That would be the current Viscount's late uncle whose only son died without issue living Edward to inherit the title, castle, lands, holdings in London, shares in South African gold mines and, of course, 40% of Bohun and Merely Engineworks, sole manufacturer of compression ignition (i.e. diesel) engines in this alternate universe. His old university chum and partner, Roger Merely, owns 50% and Mia La Touche, mathematician and notorious copulist, owns 10%.

The name Viscount goes back to Henry 6, about 1440.
So when was the original title granted and to whom & why ?

PS. The religious order still practices, although it is now in a more discrete manner. They have an office in the Castle.

Last edited:
The name Viscount goes back to Henry 6, about 1440.
So when was the original title granted and to whom & why ?

PS. The religious order still practices, although it is now in a more discrete manner. They have an office in the Castle.

Hmm, let me think about that. Given the title is "Venture" I am inclined to suspect that it was some sort of military daring-do that really had no business being successful but was.

Thinking, the UK was still Catholic under Henry 6 so the original title may have been Bishop, possibly dating clear back to Plantagenet days when some martial bishop pulled off an unlikely flanking maneuver against the Saracens in the Holy Lands. The title was passed from uncle to nephew until Henry VIII declared himself the head of the English Church and upgraded the title to Viscount, the bishop of the time being a strong supporter of the throne against the pope.

And yes, the teaching sisters maintain an office suite in the Castle blissfully unmindful of all the lack-of-chastity going on around them. :devil:

Hmm, let me think about that. Given the title is "Venture" I am inclined to suspect that it was some sort of military daring-do that really had no business being successful but was.

And yes, the teaching sisters maintain an office suite in the Castle blissfully unmindful of all the lack-of-chastity going on around them. :devil:

I had the impression that the Good Sisters were mostly responsible for it (or at least, the Policy).

Observations from the Midwest

Isaac is a new favorite name. The world is green again. Fears of flash-flooding were unfounded when our parched earth and starving flora drank up every drop of the nearly four inches of rain we got. The air smells clean but ragweed is now in bloom.

Bless you.

Veggies and roses are in bloom again. What a difference three days can make. Grass is wet and green and growing under bare feet. It's an erotic sensation. Humidity is high, but it's been so low all summer that this area was under emergency fire alert--a rarity in these parts. Wildlife is going crazy, causing accidents on roadways and going after all the new green sprouts the rains brought.

It's too late for the corn crops, of course. It's too late for soybeans. Isaac arrived just as corn was starting to be harvested, so it hampered efforts, but was welcome anyway. The drought is expected to continue, but the rain has helped tremendously.

Good evening Sweet! Glad to hear that you are getting at least some break in the drought. Did you have a good Labor Day weekend?

Grass is wet and green and growing under bare feet. It's an erotic sensation.

However, I have never heard of grass growing being described as erotic. But please, tell me more. *sips coffee*;)

Note:
The sensations when walking on fresh grass, (particularly first thing in the dewy morning), is a bit of a surprise, but it's pure magic at times.

The coffee's on.

Good evening Sweet! Glad to hear that you are getting at least some break in the drought. Did you have a good Labor Day weekend?

However, I have never heard of grass growing being described as erotic. But please, tell me more. *sips coffee*;)
The growth rate of the grass since the advent of rain has been astounding. It's erotic because where there was dry, crackling, short stubble, there is now a lush, wet carpet long enough to move between my toes.

Note:
The sensations when walking on fresh grass, (particularly first thing in the dewy morning), is a bit of a surprise, but it's pure magic at times.

The coffee's on.

Yes, especially after the very hot, very dry summer we've had.

Morning Molly, :rose::kiss:

Welcome back to the world of wet and green.

Some people would tell you to see a doctor about that but we know different. ;)

The growth rate of the grass since the advent of rain has been astounding. It's erotic because where there was dry, crackling, short stubble, there is now a lush, wet carpet long enough to move between my toes.

Note:

The coffee's on.

Yes, especially after the very hot, very dry summer we've had.

Morning Molly, :rose::kiss:

Welcome back to the world of wet and green.

Some people would tell you to see a doctor about that but we know different. ;)

Morning, Tx. Good to see you again.

(I did see a doctor and he threw up his hands in surrender.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back