Help! My leather accessories are confusing!

latecomer91364

Literotica Guru
I even googled this, but couldn't find any 'how to' stuff: I'm not really into the scene - I'm NEVER a sub, sometimes 'gently' dominant (no real hitting, more psychological with a little loving spanking, perhaps) but I am fucking crazy mad in love with the clothes - the women's clothes, mostly.

A lot of my harnesses, strap and metal bras and such have this buckle:

Two frames for the belt to go through, with the prong in between. I know how to do a belt with no prong, loop it back and cinch it, but is there a trick with these? It holds tight enough, but there's always a long 'tail' that sticks out (often there are no movable loops to hold it down), so I'm wondering if this setup is supposed to shorten the trailing length of belt, because the second frame, after the prong, seems completely superfluous - no usefulness that I can figure out. I hope I explained all that well enough.

I just want to look right when I'm 'dressed for duress'.

Attachments

• 41yQcOImozL.jpg
    41yQcOImozL.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 0
I even googled this, but couldn't find any 'how to' stuff: I'm not really into the scene - I'm NEVER a sub, sometimes 'gently' dominant (no real hitting, more psychological with a little loving spanking, perhaps) but I am fucking crazy mad in love with the clothes - the women's clothes, mostly.

A lot of my harnesses, strap and metal bras and such have this buckle:

Two frames for the belt to go through, with the prong in between. I know how to do a belt with no prong, loop it back and cinch it, but is there a trick with these? It holds tight enough, but there's always a long 'tail' that sticks out (often there are no movable loops to hold it down), so I'm wondering if this setup is supposed to shorten the trailing length of belt, because the second frame, after the prong, seems completely superfluous - no usefulness that I can figure out. I hope I explained all that well enough.

I just want to look right when I'm 'dressed for duress'.

I'd say it's a handy thing to run another strap through. Usually you see D rings there, to clip things to, and depending on where your 'accessory' goes, that could be an inconvenient or totally useless place to run another strap, but it's an easy place for the manufacturer to put it.

It might just be a poor aesthetic choice, the only use I can think of for the extra frame is just to hold the belt slack facing away from the users' front, so as to be a little less in the way? :confused:

Thanks

To both of you above. I actually 'jerry-rigged' my way around the problems using rubber bands to hold the extra long lengths of strap down. I suppose it serves me right for buying stuff on Amazon - some of it is cheap, made in China, but some of it does work out well. I chalk it up the frustration to being part of the torture concept (not that I'm into that at all).

To both of you above. I actually 'jerry-rigged' my way around the problems using rubber bands to hold the extra long lengths of strap down. I suppose it serves me right for buying stuff on Amazon - some of it is cheap, made in China, but some of it does work out well. I chalk it up the frustration to being part of the torture concept (not that I'm into that at all).

Your solution was what I was going to suggest. The only real solution is to have your harness or other gear custom fitted to alleviate the extended tail after buckling. When I was making leather gear for this lifestyle, this is a design problem that was very frustrating and I found that custom fitting to the wearer/user solved the problem.

With some harnesses, the placement of a second loop to secure the tail of a belt is tough to do & keep the "look" that you're looking for when in the design phase.

Back