Erebus from "The Embrace Of Darkness"

PapaPalpatine

Virgin
Joined
Aug 2, 2017
Posts
19
Click here if you haven't already read the story.

The true nature of this entity who calls himself Erebus is something I purposely left open to interpretation in the story. Is he really the Erebus of Greek Mythology, or has he merely taken the name to gain worshipers? Are either of the forms Abigail has seen him in his "true form," or is that yet to be revealed? And what is the nature of this dimension he claims as his sanctum? Based on what you've read, what is your interpretation of who and what Erebus is?
 
Last edited:
Hi PapaPalpatine,


Thanks for offering your story for discussion.

I am not certain what manner of discussion you wish to have, so I'm going to do my best to simply answer your questions.

Is he really the Erebus of Greek Mythology, or has he merely taken the name to gain worshipers?
It never occurred to me he was anyone other than who he claimed to be. I don't know that much about Greek Mythology, so if you included hints that he might not be Erebus, they went right over my head. I didn't get the impression he meant to gain a worshiper; I thought he was just interested in sex, though I suppose one in his position might not see any difference between followers and partners.



Are either of the forms Abigail has seen him in his "true form," or is that yet to be revealed?
I did not put much thought into which of his forms might be his natural state-- none, actually. I was only interested in why he chose a particular form over another. He makes some comment regarding forgetting about how mortals view his form. I didn't believe that someone with his experience would forget about something like that-- so I decided he was lying, and probably meant to impress and intimidate her.


And what is the nature of this dimension he claims as his sanctum?
I have no idea. Was I meant to deduce something from the setting beyond it being some weird place where mobile phones aren't likely to have reception?


Based on what you've read, what is your interpretation of who and what Erebus is?
I think he's just a horny deity taking advantage of his power.


Take Care,
Penny
 
Back
Top