Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And coming in at number forty-three on the list of things that are (maybe) hot in porn but not in real life:

Walking into the kitchen in nothing but panties and a t-shirt and seeing your contractor standing at the backdoor.


I will NOT bang my head on the desk!

I will NOT bang my head on the desk!

I will NOT bang my head on the desk!

That's the spirit!
 
And coming in at number forty-three on the list of things that are (maybe) hot in porn but not in real life:

Walking into the kitchen in nothing but panties and a t-shirt and seeing your contractor standing at the backdoor.




That's the spirit!

Thanks and yeah porn and real life really shouldn't mix sometimes. lol
 
Long time, no see.

Sometimes, no matter how long you've been away, the familiarity of things is immediate upon your return.
 
Why is it so hard to find attractive, durable, affordable footed jammies for toddlers?


[unrelated]


Pharmaceutical companies should stop working on life-saving cancer or AIDS drugs--pfft, who needs those--and reformulate existing drugs that require sobriety. If I have to take medication, I want to drink, dammit.

(Obviously, I kid... mostly.)


[unrelated]


Cold front!

:nana::nana::nana:
 
Really! After filling out all the information required, and hitting the complete tab, your site decides to have a Temporarily out of service page!! :mad: :rolleyes:
 
http://writersalmanac.publicradio.org/index.php?date=2011/10/19

It's the birthday of the novelist who writes under the name John le Carré, born David Cornwell in Poole, England (1931). He got a job in Her Majesty's Secret Service as a young man, but he found the actual work of a spy pretty boring. He said, "[It was] spectacularly undramatic."

Since he was disappointed in his life as a spy, le Carré decided to entertain himself by writing novels. He had to keep his identity secret, so he used the pen name John le Carré. He said, "I wanted something three-syllabled and exotic." Le Carré means "the square" in French. His third novel, The Spy Who Came in from the Cold (1963), was so successful that he quit his job as a spy and began to write full time.

"Completing a book, it's a little like having a baby," he told the Telegraph in 2010. "There's a feeling of relief and satisfaction when you get to the end. A feeling that you have brought your family, your characters, home. Then a sort of post-natal depression and then, very quickly, the horizon of a new book. The consolation that next time I will do it better." His latest book, Our Kind of Traitor, was published in 2010.


http://writersalmanac.publicradio.org/index.php?date=2011/10/19


le Carré
 
Just before senior year in high school, I got into a car accident with another would-be senior. I was making a right hand turn into a T intersection, and he was making a left into the road I was turning out of. My front left bumper and lights were all torn up from hitting his car when he cut in front of me mid turn, his rear left quarter panel was dented. I also hit the curb trying to avoid him. He took me to court over it.

Senior year starts up, our court date hasn't arrived yet, and I have to change my course lineup to get away from him (we signed up for the same class).

When we got to court, I had diagrams and my father all dressed up in a suit with me. he thought my father was a lawyer or something, pulls him to the side and says, "I just want to get my car fixed." Smartly, he dropped the case then and there.

His real estate business is moving into one of the offices down the hall from mine...
 
WOW!!! A Lucky sighting. :rose: :kiss:

And a Red sighting in the same day. :rose: :kiss:

I hope both of you spend more time around here. I've missed both of you.
 
Well I can relax a little bit. I just got paid two checks. But I still have no idea when the next one will be coming.
 
I hear cilantro is full of zest, but I've never tried it before. I ought to buy some for my next latin pasta dish.
 
I love going the library to fetch a dull but necessary book, and then stumbling across a random section of the literature I'd never seen before. There's nothing better than pulling down a huge, dusty old book from the top shelf and opening it's musty-smelling jacket to discover just the argument you'd been looking for.

Even better? The dirty look the work-study student gives you when she realizes she's dealing with a book that hasn't been checked out since the 1950s, and she has to input it into the system. Bwah ha ha.


<unrelated>


I hear cilantro is full of zest, but I've never tried it before. I ought to buy some for my next latin pasta dish.

Cilantro is an an evil, nasty weed that should be culled from the planet.
 
Tomorrow is going to suck. I have to measure a building with the architect. I just knew I was going to have to deal with him in the weeks leading up to my Vegas vacation. I happens every time. I'm getting ready to get the hell out of everything, and there he is looking for me to do some work for him. Every fucking time...
 
Cilantro is an an evil, nasty weed that should be culled from the planet.

I would have to agree - allergic. Accidentally picking a dish in a nice restaurant with lots of it is a bit of a pain when you don't have a Benadryl on you. Who would have expected it in a dish called Ravioli Rustica?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top