Why do you cry?

9f93d4acb190ff6fe22d0c03fe5eb687--mans-best-friend-best-friends.jpg

Don't know how I missed this one, but I laughed out loud. :D
 
I cry when I'm overwhelmed by life's stresses and when I have to leave my boyfriend for another month during our year of long distance
 
When someone I love dies or when a lying cheating whore says she wants a divorce after almost 20 years out of nowhere so she can marry a guy she's known for a whole month. Fortunately neither one happens very often.
 
Lately I cry out of exhaustion and frustration with my own crying, crying, crying.

I wonder if i’m almost done with that yet. It’s enough with the incessant, inconsolable, tearfulness, weeping, sobbing, crying.

I’m over it.

It’s time to start kicking ass instead.
 
Usually, I only cry when I’m frustrated. Today I cried because it is the anniversary of my sister’s death, yet it is my husbands birthday. Most years I supress it and try to focus on the happy, that is not happening today. There’s no timeline for grief.
 
I cry very easy. Sometimes even the stupidest things will make me cry. I used to get teased a lot about it when I was little, but not so much now. Everyone that knows me is used to it I guess.
 
I found myself welling up with tears during the State of The Union address when they honored that Coast Guardswoman - Ashley (something) for saving 40 people in Houston during Hurricane Harvey. She looked like she was ready to cry, but I did.

Please don't quote me and tell me it was all political staging. I'm not stupid. Whatever the reason, real valor that is honored is incredibly touching to me.
 
Yesterday I cried because I was so relieved the first day of a meeting I planned was finally over. Also, because I was just so tired. So drained. So spent.
 
Last edited:
Sometimes I sit in my car outside my job in the morning and cry because it’s 8am and I’m exhausted and no part of me has any desire to do work. (Then I work anyway, because debt.)
 
Sometimes I cry when I remember I’m a 43-year-old unwed childless spinster with two cats few friends and nearly no ability or desire to engage strangers. Everywhere I go there I am. I don’t really want to be alone, but I’m trapped inside my miserable self.
 
Sometimes I cry when I remember I’m a 43-year-old unwed childless spinster with two cats few friends and nearly no ability or desire to engage strangers. Everywhere I go there I am. I don’t really want to be alone, but I’m trapped inside my miserable self.

Fair enough... lose the cats.
 
I had a bit of a rough day. My mood is dark. It gets dark here so early and that does not help when I find myself down.

I cracked the patio door for fresh air and it helps.

I did not cry today but I miss my daughter very much. :(
 
I had a bit of a rough day. My mood is dark. It gets dark here so early and that does not help when I find myself down.

I cracked the patio door for fresh air and it helps.

I did not cry today but I miss my daughter very much. :(

:heart:

I cried today. It has to do with my daughter and some other things that I cannot control. I am hopeful that things will be better soon.
 
Pappi

I was doing ok until I read thru this thread. I hate serious stuff.

I'm a man. Men don't cry.
In the past I don't really remember crying, even when in pain.
The past few years we've lost loved ones and I cried.
When I found I had prostate cancer I cried. Not for me, for my wife with short term dementia. I cried thinking of her alone without me to get her meds and watch over her. She has done well with her illness but we've lost others with dementia and I konw what may happen.
Yes lately I've cried. Still I'm a man.
But I didn't cry when Lassie died! It was those darned onions.

Quietly I saw your post as I posted this. Stay strong. Your mother needs you.

Crap. Crying right now because I am trying to explain the beneficial effects of pot on my daughters bi~polar, ADHD, personality to a person who is anti drug. IT IS A FUCKING NATURAL THING and should be seen as such. She stops she is a freakin basket case that has to call me constantly so I can talk her down from her extreme mood swings, you know, the ones when she was in high school the dr's called asthma? funny how the inhaler never worked but she called her momma and I talked her down every time...

sorry, done.

Men cry. My father was a real man. The first and only time i saw him cry? Was when my daughter was born and we, as a family, had decided at 16, my age, not hers and there is a story there I am not sharing here, she should be adopted by an anonymous family... That didn't happen...She is my one and only child and I could not be happier that when I saw my dad cry, my mind was changed forever.

I cried alot when I was a little boy, but changed quickly as I had to become a man before I was ready. My real dad was a coward and abusive drunk that wasn't around much.

An old man I used to call "Pappi" was the only REAL man in my life. I struggled for years to be just like him because I was so different from anything normal. Pappi took me under his wing and I came to think of him as my father. He truly loved me like a son. I was rebellious, outspoken, fiercely independent, and self-righteous. Also highly intelligent and boundless energy w/no direction. A child no one wanted to guide as I hid my pathetic home life from everyone.

Pappi took time with me as a father should. Only Pappi knew how to deal with me and put me in my place. He taught me everything he thought I should know as a boy to prepare me for adulthood. We fished, hunted, watched sports and sometimes I played them. He got me my first job, showed me how to fix things, grow stuff, and to stay in school - he never went to school as a kid. But Pappi understood how life works. Eventually, many people thought of him as my grandfather. I was always in trouble when not around Pappi. He knew me better than I knew myself. Mom wasn't home much because she had to work shitty jobs to pay for stuff, and Pappi seen all this. She was okay w/me being around Pappi because she knew Pappi looked out for me. Pappi was tough and showed little emotion. I never seen him cry. But he taught me to respect my mother. Mom had done everything possible she could for me.

When Pappi died, my unbreakable wall broke. My unsinkable ship had sank. As time passed, I learned I counldn't be like Pappi. Just yesterday I was in a situation I had trouble dealing with and did something I thought Pappi would do. All these years after he's gone, Pappi is still taking me to school.
 
Last edited:
Last week I was at a huge 4 story Doc's office for neurologists and brain type specialists. Had been a long day for me. Before I left, I came down to the main lobby to relax a bit before leaving. I looked up to something that damn near broke my heart, but very inspirational.

This old man on a walker was slowly inching his way to the main door. Kind of like that Tim Conway character from Carole Burnett show - only slower and not so funny. He had this look of sheer determination and that door was his goal. I felt empathy, not sympathy - there's a difference. As I stood to get the door, I realized they were automated and my efforts would have been useless. But I watched him, silently cheering him on. Then he looked right at me and shook his head "no". I understood he wanted to do it on his own and I sat down, but still watched. People whizzing past him and him only wanting to get through that door on his own. He made it! He looked so happy and triumphant! He looked at me and winked as I ran over to him w/congratulations and pat him on the back. He couldn't talk, so I kind of shuffled alongside him until we reached the seats and sat down beside him. He looked at me, oblivious to everything else, and mumbled, "I'm OK". I seen so much intelligence and awareness in his eyes that defied his physical appearance. My eyes must have been watery because he said "No cry" with some effort. Then I left after shaking his hand.

Once I got to my car and sat for a moment alone, I cried for him. First time in I don't know how long I cried for someone. I left happy, but will never forget that man.
 
Last week I was at a huge 4 story Doc's office for neurologists and brain type specialists. Had been a long day for me. Before I left, I came down to the main lobby to relax a bit before leaving. I looked up to something that damn near broke my heart, but very inspirational.

This old man on a walker was slowly inching his way to the main door. Kind of like that Tim Conway character from Carole Burnett show - only slower and not so funny. He had this look of sheer determination and that door was his goal. I felt empathy, not sympathy - there's a difference. As I stood to get the door, I realized they were automated and my efforts would have been useless. But I watched him, silently cheering him on. Then he looked right at me and shook his head "no". I understood he wanted to do it on his own and I sat down, but still watched. People whizzing past him and him only wanting to get through that door on his own. He made it! He looked so happy and triumphant! He looked at me and winked as I ran over to him w/congratulations and pat him on the back. He couldn't talk, so I kind of shuffled alongside him until we reached the seats and sat down beside him. He looked at me, oblivious to everything else, and mumbled, "I'm OK". I seen so much intelligence and awareness in his eyes that defied his physical appearance. My eyes must have been watery because he said "No cry" with some effort. Then I left after shaking his hand.

Once I got to my car and sat for a moment alone, I cried for him. First time in I don't know how long I cried for someone. I left happy, but will never forget that man.

This made me cry, you are a lovely man, x
 
A lot of reasons why. Do I need one?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, not the most trivial, happy post by a very long shot. I will not be surprised if nobody contributes.

I seldom cry for sadness, albeit a sudden passing will certainly override that notion. I've certainly cried over lost loves.

I consistently 'cry for happy'. It's odd, the difference in the quality of, or the foundation for, tears. For me, the causes for tears lie between the sad and the life-affirming. When the underdog wins, I cry. When people are shown to be good, I cry. I'll cry when I see people realize their dreams. When a child drops an ice cream cone and cries, I'm sad but okay, until someone gives the child a new cone which restores their smile, at which point, just give me a freaking Kleenex. Hell, I cry at the last scene of 'The Great Escape'.

I just watched 'Hacksaw Ridge' and cried profusely at the end of it - that the hero was finally understood and acknowledged. Maybe I'm just a cry-baby.

But enough about me...

Why do you cry?

You're not a cry baby. You cry for all the right reasons. It shows you have big heart and that's a good thing. Something to be proud of! Whoever wins your heart will be one very lucky person! ❤️😘
 
I miss crying. My new antidepressant makes it hard for me to cry, even in situations that normally bring me to tears.

Like this new relationship, this new love. He can’t move me to tears and it scares me.

This adorable human, this unusually kind, thoughtful man. He tells me his truth. Says he wants me. Likes me. Misses me. And I believe him.

He calls me by my name. Calls me baby. Calls and asks me questions. Calls me.

He wants to know how I feel.

He kisses my face. And rubs my belly. And sends me flowers.

No matter the unthinkable pleasure, the unspeakable joy, I cannot cry. Do not cry.

I’m more even now, more neutral now, more normal now. But, am I better?

I don’t know.

I miss the releif. The release. The sweet, sad girl so in love with love it spilled out from her eyes and ran down her face.
 
Last edited:
I don’t pray, but I feel deeply honored, and cared for, and comforted, when people pray for me. Thank you.
 
Back
Top