X-Men: A Bright New World (OOC)

Lachiyous

Supertastically Enthused
Joined
Jun 23, 2013
Posts
1,120
This will be the NEW OOC thread for the X-Men: A Bright New World roleplay, which I took over from "Felix80" awhile ago.



In tribute to him and his original idea -- most of his 'stuff'/world/thoughts will remain the same(and have up to this point)

Being the new GM though, of course and having only so much information passed down to me, I reserve the right to go in new directions as I see fit.

========================================================================
Let's get some RULES going on here, and make them official:

1)All X-Men characters must be approved by Lachiyous, before you can post in the IC thread. I would suggest messaging me privately first to see if your character choice fits in this new alternate reality, and/or he/she is not all ready used in some storyline. Please do not take it personal if you or your character(s) are not accepted -- we may just be full or your participation might not benefit the roleplay at this time.
2)Try and stick to posting in the once every two weeks time frame, if possible. We all have our lives outside of this game and website, that is understood. If for some reason you are unable to or foresee yourself going on an extended leave of absence -- message me, or post that information in this thread. Communication is KEY people! Can't stand people disappearing off the face of the earth, without a sign or trace :(
3)This is a Group Roleplay, which means you as a player and your character should not be completely antisocial. Hiding in the corner, afraid of interacting with others, not wanting to be "part of the team"....all reasons perhaps to stay away from a group style roleplay and stick with the one-on-one's.
4)Please be patient and try and wait for others to participate, before posting multiple times and getting too far ahead. Not everyone has the free time or ability to respond so fast -- myself included!
5)Because the 'world' is different from the regular cannon X-Men Universe of the comics(or any of the cartoons/film-verses), it means that things/people/places/settings/events may not be so familiar as they once were. If you have an idea or plot point that you would like to write about and include for your character, and/or another player's character -- run it by me first to get the green light. We don't want conflicting themes. Have a question? Ask!
6)Any intimate scenes(aka SEX) that are not narrative to the main IC story thread can be taken to an individual side thread with a link to it if you and your co-participant would like. That way we will know where exactly your characters may have scurried off to in the midst of 'action'...
7)God Moding. Let's try and keep thoughts/actions/feelings and everything that has to do with OUR characters among OUR control. Everyone else can control THEIR own character's, "we"/you do not need to do this. We don't want to put words in the mouths of others, actions in the place of others....especially when they are not 'ours' to control. There are exceptions to this but for the most part, please try and stick to your own character(s).
8)Please check this OOC thread, just as much as the IC thread, for both serve their purpose. Obviously.



========================================================================
X-men Roster*

Colossus - member/TA(gone since one month ago -- see IC post)
Cannonball - member(on a 'mission')
Multiple Man - newest member(present)
Gambit - newest member(present)
Rogue - not yet a member
X-23 - not yet a member
Shadowcat - member(on a 'mission')
Nightcrawler - member(on a 'mission')
Deadpool - not yet a member
Iceman - member(on a 'mission')
Wolverine - member/TA
Storm - not yet a member(coming soon)
Surge - member(coming soon)

Professor Xavier is now an NPC, at least for the time being(away)
* - this list is not finite

Inactive(s)/Pulled(temporarily?)

========================================================================
Character Location Breakdown

A)Xavier sent the following on a 'mission' to RUSSIA to go find Colossus:

Cannonball
Shadowcat
Nightcrawler
Iceman


B)The personal assistant to Sebastian Shaw, at his estate in London has 'intercepted' a telepathic message from a stranger(Psylocke). And is soon to be joined by a former Hellion team mate:

Jean Grey
X-23


C)The two newest members of the X-Men, plus Senior T/A are following a lead from within the City[Lower Manhattan], due to the 'mysterious disappearance' of one of their own. After a hired gun setup a trap for them -- one which nearly brought a whole building down -- they all escaped alive. It's hot on her trail, they are headed:

Wolverine(in charge)
Gambit
Multiple Man
Deadpool


D)Heading from an unknown location to the Big Apple[Lower Manhattan]. In the company of Mystique and others. Things are getting really interesting at the World Trade Center:

Rogue

(this section will probably be susceptible to change as the story unfolds)
========================================================================
X-Mansion Maps


(#5 and #16 are non-existent; also #9 and #15 belong to Xavier, of which he has dedicated partly to his TA's as in necessity)


(please disregard the labeled literature)
========================================================================
 
Last edited:
Finally made a new OOC thread, so that I could edit the 1st post with the pertinent information, and not have to re-post it over-and-over again as I was growing accustomed to doing(most specifically the ROSTER updates!).

Also, check out the RULES section. Most of it is self explanatory, but I thought making it official would be important!

So post in here gang, I'll be messaging each of you so that you are aware of this location as well as linking from the old thread.

Thanks ;)
 
Last edited:
Yayy! :)

I added a couple more rules -- One on GROUP ROLEPLAY and another on GOD MODING!

Work in progress....
 
Last edited:
The School maps have now been added as well!
 
Last edited:
Hope I understood the laser referance correctly? As far as I know Dazzler can't actually concentrate light to the levels of laser intensity. And no need for Logan to get all killing, he will probably kill everybody except Madrox :p since Jamie can just overwhelm him and pin him down...also hope there was no god moding there?
 
Right, it was a laser light, not the same intensity as an actual laser though. It was just supposed to be a warning shot, nothing to actually hurt him. :)
 
-facepalm- Can it at least burn him a little bit? You know, just for his reaction to make sense, otherwise I will have to re-write the whole post
 
Yeah, that's fine! It would have enough heat to burn. :) I didn't describe too heavily incase you had wanted him to dodge.
 
I most certainly did NOT. Sam/Cannonball is a Southerner, thus the "Country Fella" and "Cow Girls" comment, yes? Since neither Wanda, nor Theresa are....I thought to remove the 'cow' adjective, since it didn't apply.

Make sense? :) *pokes "Shadowlace"*

Now with Rogue being a lil' Southern Belle, welllll.....

;)




On another subject: I've got some REAL LIFE juggling to do within the next couple of days, and the LADY's B-DAY coming up this Saturday. I hope to squeeeeeeeeze a GAMBIT post in there....somewhere. Hopefully before we get to the weekend!

Thanks for everyone's patience :)
 
Have to postpone, unfortunately. Sunday - Monday I'm hoping!

Bare with me gang...I appreciate it!
 
The dog tag -- I'll edit it out if you don't want your character to have this. Let me know...







*zzZZZzzzz*
 
Initially, I was thinking that he may have "fingered" them off your character.....stealthily...in passing...moments ago. And if there are indeed, THREE(as opposed to just ONE). Well then maybe it can turn out that he can do that with one of them. This will then confirm that IT is one and the same with the "other two", which as you're working in....some story material into it.

I like it. Gambit's been...around quite a few....darker places, might I say. So it's not unlikely, someone....somewhere....might have been interested in Wolverine. Especially as long lived as he's been.

Nice rolling with it there ;)
 
Those, that have characters, on the MISSION:

I dare he or she to get to...that FARM!



That help with direction and motivation any?? :)
 
Now THAT's the ticket, "Remec"! Awesome post, thanks for that :)

This may sound familiar from another thread -- *ahem* -- but I'd like to give Miss "Shadowlace" and Miss "tight_n_ready" a chance to post/respond, before....mm...."narrating" you guys a bit. I believe you have just about reeeeeeeached the *TRIGGER* I was looking for you guys to set off, so to speak! ;)

And fear thee not, Miss "SortOfBeautiful"......Kitty will have PLENTY of fun in store for her. I promise, 'kay?? :)
 
I have the feeling that Remy will have to get his tone lowered for him and Wolvie has just the thing to do it with.

-queue backflash moment-
 
"DeathsKnight": I'm sorry, I have NO idea what you're talking about...

But I'm glad you're agreeing that Wolverine and Gambit have the potential to be the BEST-est of FRIENDS!



Hehe ;)
 
Back
Top