Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, things have turned out not so bad. But I am still cross.

This is going to cost someone big, y'know. And I don't mean a mere bottle of overpriced Margaux. :mad:

OK, things have turned out not so bad. But I am still cross.

This is going to cost someone big, y'know. And I don't mean a mere bottle of overpriced Margaux. :mad:

Does someone need a spanking?

We'll need a video or at least pictures.

The waiter who served that Margaux needs a spanking :rolleyes:. Or at least a good lesson from a knowledgeable Frenchwoman ;)

I NEVER order good wine in a restaurant because most of them don't know how to serve it and they charge too much.

If I'm not driving, a reasonable house wine is as far as I'll attempt.

Unless I'm in France. Even the cheapest eatery knows how to serve wine.

I NEVER order good wine in a restaurant because most of them don't know how to serve it and they charge too much.

If I'm not driving, a reasonable house wine is as far as I'll attempt.

Unless I'm in France. Even the cheapest eatery knows how to serve wine.

Next time I will take our own wine and pay corkage. But I know they won't decant it properly :rolleyes:. Do you think they will get very grumpy if I insist on going out the back and doing it myself ... uh, as it were. ;)

Unrelated blurt:
Gah, I am like a rag today. It has taken me all morning to put away the washing up from last night! I haven't started on the breakfast dishes. :mad: Oh well, just one of Those Days.

Yesterday was so long with new work and then poker... Today will be almost as long with mostly new work and the gym... I hope I acclimate myself to real work soon...

Yesterday was so long with new work and then poker... Today will be almost as long with mostly new work and the gym... I hope I acclimate myself to real work soon...

Hope there are some good people there and you are enjoying the new job :)

(Any hot chicks? :rose:)

OMG, I was in such a turbulent state of mind that I forgot to put the chocolate ice lolly I bought in the freezer. :mad:

Catching some Z's on the bus.

I might end up throwing my phone against a wall very soon, LOL.

Last edited:
The waiter who served that Margaux needs a spanking :rolleyes:. Or at least a good lesson from a knowledgeable Frenchwoman ;)

Have you considered a strongly-worded letter to the management of the cafe (!) point out that they charge an arm and a leg for this wine and then more-or-less chuck it in glass; it might just as well been a coffee mug!.

So, Mr Manager/ Owner please have your waiters learn, properly, how to treat a good wine. Unless you want to charge a great deal less for it.

:)

Have you considered a strongly-worded letter to the management of the cafe (!) point out that they charge an arm and a leg for this wine and then more-or-less chuck it in glass; it might just as well been a coffee mug!.

So, Mr Manager/ Owner please have your waiters learn, properly, how to treat a good wine. Unless you want to charge a great deal less for it.

:)

I have considered writing to them, yes. :devil: If I do it, I promise to come on here and post a copy of the email, which you will probably enjoy nearly as much as the management stories.

On the subject of which,
Our Union rep has written to say, that after only FOUR years of negotiations about our insecure contractual position, the Management have unilaterally decided to make our conditions even more insecure!
We can't take strike action over it, because it's so easy to sack us and make it look normal that anyone who did might just as well go down the dole office straightaway. We went out on strike of course, alongside our colleagues in mainstream universities when they wanted more pay. But what do you think the chances are of them coming out on strike so we can have proper jobs? Yah, I think that too, LOL.

Grrrr, I was so stressed yesterday that I forgot to buy catfood. Now I suppose I will have to walk Piglet to school and buy some on the way home when I was hoping the Fella could take her while I got on with clearing the kitchen.
This kitchen is a mess! and I trod on a slug :mad:
:catroar::catroar:

Ugh, my nerves feel like the strings on the violin Piglet tortures in the mornings.

Have you considered St John's Wort ?

I think more drastic action may be needed :rolleyes:, but People have assured me that Things Will Get Better. Or, at any rate, I will get a new handbag which is not quite the same thing but will do for now. :rolleyes:

I think more drastic action may be needed :rolleyes:, but People have assured me that Things Will Get Better. Or, at any rate, I will get a new handbag which is not quite the same thing but will do for now. :rolleyes:

I dont know who told you things would get better but they lied. Wait until the teens arrive. :eek:

I dont know who told you things would get better but they lied. Wait until the teens arrive. :eek:

Unfortunately the person who needs to be better behaved has long passed their teens. :rolleyes:

Ugh. I had bought the catfood and marked a couple of assignments, and was just settled in the Wifi cafe about to pick up one of the lads and Misquote him in a disgusting and scurrilous fashion, when some poor old gipper at a neighbouring table knocked his coffee over and sort of lay there twitching.

I rushed over to hold him up and stop him falling to the floor. Luckily someone with proper medical expertise was there too, and she got him to answer proper medical questions (y'know me, I am a Dr. but not that kind, although I will gladly look at your knee if you like ;)). He recovered OK, and turned out to be epileptic, recently had a stroke, and a bypass operation. And he was diagnosed the other week with prostate cancer. His poor wife looked ready to burst into tears when she came along in response to him phoning her.

It really makes you feel grateful for your own humdrum problems.

I think I would like to lie down quietly for a bit - not in a good way. But I have got to sort out my teaching for tomorrow. And supper for tonight, cuz it is the World Cup kick-off so I said the Fella could have some friends round. Ah, pore things. It's all enjoying the 'beautiful game' until the first penalty shoot out. :devil:

I had to go to five (!!) stores yesterday to find a Pittsburgh Pirates shirt for PennBoy (he was doing a report on Honus Wagner). Five! But I found one.

All of this random schoolwork that comes home at the end if the year! It's like the teachers are saying, "Here. YOU throw this away."

All of this random schoolwork that comes home at the end if the year! It's like the teachers are saying, "Here. YOU throw this away."

This week, my son (4th grade) is supposed to present his report on Wagner, and the dressing up was optional, but he wanted to; Friday is "Colonial Day" and again dressing up is optional, but he wants to. We're making do with regular clothes and adjusting them, as per a few web suggestions. He has to bring in an orange for his math class on Friday (I don't know why).

The paperwork is comparatively easy to deal with. To an extent. I have a hard time throwing out the art they do.

It's kind of funny, because I remember my BIL asking one year, well, if the Eagles are out of the playoffs, doesn't everyone just root for the Steelers? I said, well, no. The Steelers are a) AFC and b) on the other side of the state. But I thought if I went to the more national chains, I'd have a better shot of finding a non-Philly shirt. Nope. Even the guy at the Sports Authority said usually a store would carry shirts for teams in the state, but I guess the distance and all means for PA, it's Philly on one side, P'burgh on the other.

And the Pirates are pretty harmless, so it's not like wearing a Steelers or Pens' (gak) shirt/hat.

Sorry,Lady, but I just cannot resist this:-

Originally Posted by PennLady
I had to go to five (!!) stores yesterday to find a Pittsburgh Pirates shirt for PennBoy (he was doing a report on Honus Wagner). Five! But I found one.

Erm,, Who ?

Sorry,Lady, but I just cannot resist this:-

Originally Posted by PennLady

Erm,, Who ?

:) Wagner was a baseball player, a short stop, for the Pittsburgh Pirates. He played from 1897-1917. Here's the wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honus_Wagner

What he may be more famous for these days is his baseball card, a T206 card produced by a tobacco company. Very few are left, and they are very expensive. IIRC, Wayne Gretzky (a famous hockey player) once owned or co-owned the card to the tune of $1 million or so, maybe more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back