The Queen and Her Conquest (Closed for LordUsagi)

Vernard

Vernard was a little surprised to see them, when he opened the door.

He had been reading the copy of the wedding traditions that Elara had brought him earlier during the day. He had found the distraction good and it had given him the chance to shy away from the scrutinising eye of the castle folk. Not that he did not appreciate their genuine fondness for him, but he had needed the time to discuss some ideas with Maalo.

Vernard studied his visitors briefly, trying to gage their mood. Since the incident at the choosing he had noticed a slightly more friendly demeanour from the two. It was either a growing respect, something Rage had hinted at, or an outright acceptance of their Queen's commands.

"Evening gentlemen," he greeted them with a smile, which became a little more concerned, "I am sorry that my countryman's behaviour has spoiled your own day."

He knew the two had been chosen as shadows for Rodlock and his cronies, they were the perfectchoice. Both very capable and he knew there would be little compromise in following their Queens wishes.

"Would you like to come in?"
 
Rage and Karn

"We have no intention to impinge upon your hospitality," Rage replied dismissively. "Instead we come to seek your permission to ask the Queen for her consent to come within her womanhood one last time before you wed."
 
Vernard

"Oh..." he was a little surprised at the question, "I did not know that I had any rights to the Queen's body."

Then he remembered reading something just earlier that evening about the traditions. It seemed that this close to a wedding day, the bride and groom were considered already bound in some way.

"Gentlemen please come in, " he stepped aside and opened the door for them, "there is something I wish to say to you and would prefer it was not overheard. It will take but a moment of your time and won't delay your chance to entertain our Queen as only the two of you are capable."

There was no mocking in his words, and they seemed genuine as they fell from his lips.

When they entered he closed the door and offered them some of his wine as a matter of courtesy. It was a good vintage that Elara had brought him when she had visited earlier.

"I have not and will never consider that I own or have any rights to the Queen's body. When we are married nothing changes and I have expressly told the Queen that I want her lifestyle to continue as is. But if you require my permission you have it, consider you have it for all time. I love Isolde and I know she favours you two very deeply. You answer a need I am not quite able too and because of my love for her I will never deny her that."

He finished his wine, "now I understand your traditions but will tell you this. No child ever born to Isolde will be considered lesser to me than any other, because they are born to the woman I love, and no man she considers a lover will require my permission for anything she is willing to offer."

He let the words sink in a bit before lightening the mood on his honest but a little more serious answer to the simple question they asked.

"Besides I do enjoy watching you two with the Queen, it gives me a certain amount of pleasure to watch her squirming on the end of your rods and I would hate to see that chance disappear for good."

He realised that they would be eager to get about their business, so showed them to the door. In his mind wondering if any of his other favoured ladies had asked the Queen for permission to allow him inside their sacred places, or if he had to ask the Queen.
 
Rage and Karn

"Your respect for our Queen and our culture is admirable," Karn said with a nod as he left the room, "Neither you nor the Queen need to ask for permission to stray sexually, but alerting the other is always a considerate idea."

Karn realised that he and Rage should have been more direct as to the reason for their request. Vernard's response had been encouraging, but they still needed to clarify why they had sought him.

"The reason we ask is, because every month, the Queen takes a concoction to ensure that she is not with child. The last dose of this brew was taken with her breakfast yesterday morning after her evening with Larick. Since then you are the only one who has seeded her." Karn stopped speaking for a moment to let that information sink in.

"With the real possibility of you leaving for the Desert in the near future, the Queen's priority will become ensuring an heir. We ask because you must be aware that our actions will mean that she will take another draught in a month time," Rage continued and then turned to Karn once more who jumped in before Vernard could speak.

"We believe you when you say that you will treasure any child the Queen bears, but she is nothing if not respectful to her own traditions. She will take that brew even though she will believe your words."

Karn wondered if this situation made Rage as tense as it did himself. They had both been sharing relations with the Queen for years, and it was hard on them to know that they would no longer have a chance to be her first and foremost lover. If the treaty hadn't been proposed, and everything had been as normal, it wouldn't have been long before the Queen looked for a suitor from one of her own. But both Rage and Karn knew it could have been much worse; Vernard was far more resectful and honourable than Larick and Rodlock.
 
Vernard

"I see,"Vernard considered their words. "I appreciate your seeking my permission, and although your reasoning now puts another spin on the question, my answer remains the same. You have my permission, and as long as the Queen permits you whatever access to her body she desires, that will not change."

He closed the door behind him, "I take it you are off to visit the Queen now, that she knows of your intentions. For if you don't mind I would like to accompany you so I can ask the queen another question."

"Then," he smiled, "I will leave you alone to your nights entertainment, and hope that the Queen does not have too many comparisons tomorrow when with me in the bridal chamber, you two certainly make her .... Smile."
 
Rage and Karn

"Smile, that is one way of putting it," Rage laughed, "Very well. I think she will be in the council room with Freya and Elara."

Rage stood back and allowed Vernard to lead the way.
 
Vernard

The route to the council chambers had become familiar to Vernard and he took up a steady pace to get there.

When they arrived, he found the Queen and her two close advisors discussing arrangements with a few others. Vernard politely asked the others present to give them a moment alone, leaving only the three women. He also did not dismiss Rage and Karn, leaving it their choice if they wished to listen to what he had to say.

"My beautiful Queen," he said with a bow, "I have been considering some ideas which I need to discuss with you."

"As we have decided, our capital will remain here, it is more fortified and perhaps in a way more beautiful, but will travel to the other part of the kingdom as a show of respect. As such it will not be easy for us to govern the other part of the realm when in one. Although there are any number of capable candidates to govern here if called upon, my former kingdom is a little less manageable."

He poured himself a goblet of wine that was on the table and continued. "I was thinking that perhaps we should offer Larick the position of governor of the other realm in our absense. He is more than capable, has enough backing and I think with the support of some of your shrewder advisors would do a fine job. I know it may be a risk but I think with the backing I have from the common folk, the impending strife with the desert tribes and our combined military might, I feel there won't be too much trouble and he will do a good job."

He gave her a quick kiss, "it is only my suggestion and feel free to discuss with our advisors. But that does lead me on to another matter. The matter of introducing the Queen to her new subjects. I know it is my intention to journey to the borders of our lands to prepare for, or at least try prevent the war with the desert tribes. This will of course interfere with us enjoying our new marriage, but perhaps my Queen would like to accompany me, or at least to the southern capital. I am quite certain that between Captain Luka, some of my old men and your own officers I have been training, peace can be kept for us to at least spend time together before we part ways at in the south."

He paused, "at least a few months."

He hoped she understood he was purposely delaying, although he did not think the danger was significant, so they could spend as much time together as possible. He was now acutely aware of her desire to be with child, but this way she could at least live more frivolously for a while before stopping taking her concoction and having hopefully enough time to fall pregnant by him.

"Besides my queen, I am not in a rush to give up the comforts I have become used to," he grinned, "yourself and these two ladies will miss me too much."
 
Queen Isolde

Isolde was thankful that she was in council with only her own people at that time. Vernard had made some wonderful points that were important to discuss, and as usual did so with a sense of humour to lighten the mood.

"Do you mind taking a seat for a moment?" Isolde asked, refilling her own wine glass and Vernard's.

"I agree that it is necessary to travel to the south as well, and I wouldn't dream of neglecting the other half of our people. I also agree with appointing Larick as Govener. There are a few of my own advisors that have volunteered to travel to the southern capital to represent the northern interests in council," Isolde took a sip of her wine and settled back into her seat. The treaty will be new and tenuous and with Larick as Govener it was crucial that she have someone there who would inform them if Rodlock or his people tried to make trouble.

Isolde was pleased that Vernard wished to extend their time together. She had known when she selected him as her King that they would need to spend time apart. He was a military man, and soon to be her General, and he would have to be there for the interaction with the desert tribes. It wasn't ideal though, especially in such a fresh marrige, but it was necessary and it would thefore be tolerable.

"Even though I will be travelling with you, I will have to return here before spring," Isolde said slowly, "You see, this castle is sustained in part my by magic. In winter the castle will remain undamaged, but in summer I will need to be her to stop it from weeping and becoming structurall unsafe. Before my reign, every year the castle would melt in the spring. That old keep that is at the other side of the valley was the summer residence. Now when I speak of the melting castle, I mean only that it was a highly decorative home for the royal family and their household carved by the most skilled ice artisans in the country. When summer came and the mountain melts began the water would be absorbed into the ground below. Now, after years of my nuturing and sustenance, this castle had become the home of our entire court and an integral part of our culture."

Isolde took a few moments to let this information sink in.

"The construction work that you have undoubtedly noticed happening on the lower regions of this slope is a catchment facility. It will not be finished for another three or four years. It was designed to hold the melt from these mountains which has been increasing at an alarming rate over the last few years. Instead of being absorbed, it was pooling and the pool was rising with every passing year. Therefore, every summer, our castle grows larger out of necessity. I use the melt water to form new rooms or wings, and the city below need not worry about the water flooding them."

Isolde cupper her hand in front of her gently, with a second of thought she then held her hand out to Vernard. She slowly opened her fingers to see a delicate rosebud on her palm, sculted intricately out of ice. She held it out for him to take before withdrawing her hand. The ice reflected prettily in Vernard's hand, even as the base began to bead with water at the warmth of his skin.

"You see, this is the main reason that I was allowed to be Queen, though being unrelated by blood to the late King. My people had a problem, and this was how we sought to solve it. Until the catchment area is complete I must maintain this castle, though I intend to do so beyond that."

Isolde looked around the room and was pleased to see that none of the people present were shocked that she had shared the greatest secret of her people with Vernard. A secret that could have been kept but wasn't.

"So I will travel with you during the winter, but as my favourite season ends I must return here and wait out the summer. As you said, with any luck, you will not need to be gone long. I am not sure what Freya and Elara will do without your incomparable attentions."

Isolde knew that it was a lot of information for Vernard to take on so she waited patiently for his reaction.
 
Last edited:
Vernard

"I would hope that you would also miss my attentions," he smiled, "but then you have plenty to occupy your time with."

He studied the ice flower in his hand, "you are even more remarkable than I had first imagined." He took her hand in his, "we will spend the warm months in this keep as long as you need to, or at least you will, and I will try as much as possible to be with you."

He gestured to Rage and Karn, "but I doubt you will want for satisfying company in my absence."
 
Queen Isolde

Isolde smiled at Vernard.

"I am sure that my sexual urges will be tended to well in your absence, as yours in mine," she said, unwilling to say more with Rage and Karn present. She wanted to tell Vernard that she would miss the unbridled passion that he promised, but did not want to make any of the men feel inferior to the other in skill.

Isolde held her hand over the ice flower and the droplets that had formed due to Vernard's body heat were absorbed back into the structure and refrozen.

"It is settled then, I will travel with you so long as my duties will allow," She leant over the table and pressed a kiss against his lips. "Is there anything else that concerns you or shall I leave you to roam the castle and see how unsuspecting maidens you can seduce?"
 
Vernard

"Well I must admit I will miss watching my Queen getting fucked by her two strong guardsmen," he whispered in her ear.

"There is one other thing," he said rising, "my Queen offered me a wedding gift a day or so ago. I would like Lena as a personal valet, if she is willing of course, I found her most pleasing."

"Now would you two care to join me," he pointed at Freya and Elara, "I feel ready for a marathon session."

"Unless," he grinned at the Queen, "you feel up for a no holds barred orgy that was denied you yesterday."

He did not expect her consent and it was said more in jest, "but Rage and Karn would be in charge of the participants and have full control of what they may or may not do."

He made his way towards the door, expecting to leave her alone with her advisors and hoping Freya and Elara would at the least join him.
 
Queen Isolde

"Rage and Karn are free to have control this evening," Isolde said, favouring the two with a grin, "However, I must keep Freya from you for a short time longer."

"I'll be with you shortly," Freya said to Vernard as he left the room with Elara following behind.

Isolde gestured at the vacant seats at the table and Rage and Karn sat down. They waited with the patience that only battle-hardened soldiers possessed. She and Freya discussed a few more issues with wording of the treaty before the Mistress excused herself.

"Don't go easy on him," Isolde called after her.

"I never do!" Freya replied over her shoulder before disappearing down the corridor.

"Now," Isolde said turning to her two most constant lovers, "to what do I owe this unexpected pleasure?"

"You will be married in less than two days time," Rage said, a husky growl to his voice, "we have come to enjoy the opportunity to spill our seed inside you for one last time."

Isolde looked at her lovers with an unparallelled longing. She wished that it was possible, but she had her brew the previous evening, and if she allowed them to errupt in her core she would not be able to offer this month to Vernard to conceive in.

"But I had my brew with breakfast," Isolde explained gently, her heart breaking at denying their request.

"We have discussed this with General Vernard already," Karn said. The fact that he had called Vernard General even though the treaty had not yet been signed showed that he respected him. "He is aware of what this will mean yet he still gave us his blessing to make this request of you."

Isolde looked at the two men and felt as thoughs he hadn't truly appreciated their most recent endeavours due to the political turmion of late. It was kind of Vernard to sacrifice this month in order to give her a chance to enjoy them once more.

"Very well, shall we retire to my chambers?" Isolde asked as she got to her feet. The two men looked at each other and smirked. Rage got to his feet and went to the door, slamming it shut.

"No need," Karn growled, "we'll have you right here."
 
Vernard

Vernard woke to the pleasant sensation of his member invading the throat of a warm moist mouth. It took him a while to register what was happening, but soon his senses (which had been dulled from the night before) cleared a little and he could make out the figure of Lena lying next to him, her hip against his cheek as her head bobbed up and down on his erection.

He then became aware of Mistress Freya standing over him, the stern look of disapproval on her face as she tapped the thick studded paddle against the flat of her hand.

The look of confusion must have been noticeable as he heard Elara's voice from somewhere near his head. "You asked for her as a valet, and commanded that she was to wake you every morning with your cock in her mouth."

He heard her giggle softly, "a bold statement considering Mistress Freya told you, that while you are in her chambers, you could never cum prior to pleasuring the woman you are with."

His memory recalled the first time he had been alone with Freya in these very chambers, her instruction had been just that and the punishment for failure would be her disfavour. That disfavour did not mean a caning or some such physical punishment, but rather having to earn your right to the Mistress' time again.

Vernard could feel his scrotum tightening with anticipation, as Lena showed her remarkable oral skills. He realised then that his arms were stretched out above his head and shackled around Elara's waist as she knelt above his head. He was unable to move in order to try and pleasure Lena.

True to her word to Isolde the night before, Freya had not gone easy on him. His body had tasted her canes and paddles constantly, and he had loved it. It had been a night of true debauchery with every woman, except Isolde, who he had entertained sexually in the past visiting. Freya's demands had been harsh and her punishment even harsher, but he had loved every minute of it, savouring with pride every satisfied cried that escaped the women's lips. His performance had been impressive and even Freya had rewarded him with her body. The handful of other women had come and gone, leaving just the two other women Vernard loved and his new favourite play thing.

"Do not bother to command her to stop, she may be totally obedient normally, but in this one action she will obey only me."

Frustrated and desperate, Vernard just managed to croak, "please Mistress...anything." It was then that he noticed the rather large strapon device around her waist.

The word Stop was followed by Vernard being allowed to stand after his shackles were undone.

"So you considered violating me," Freya said as she had Lena coat the device and the nervous Vernard.

"Yes Mistress, I did consider it right till the end," there was nothing to do but be honest, "only at the last minute did I change my mind."

"For your honesty, I will only use you until you have made Lena orgasm with your mouth, and she may follow your order." Freya smiled, "let's hope for your sake your skills are as much vaunted as you claim they are."

"I am going to see how the Queen is," Elara said as she dressed.

"I am sure she will still be busy," Freya replied as she brought her paddle down on Vernard's taught arse. "Those two have quite the stamina, makes this one seem like a virgin, and," her paddle struck him hard, "they are going to make their time last as long as possible."

Elara laughed, "true." She gave Vernard a quick kiss on the cheek. "How does that make you feel, do you wish you were there?" Another kiss, "yes the Queen has told us how you enjoy watching her with others."

She gave his backside one firm slap from her bare hand and turned to leave. The last words she heard made her smile, Vernard had not taken the easy route when instructing Lena.

"Don't hold back, give yourself into the moment and enjoy it...But whatever you do don't fake it for my sake."
 
Queen Isolde

Rage and Karn had not gone easy on their Queen, and she would have been disappointed if they did. Initially they had bent her over the grand table and taken turns ravishing her from behind. After that she had been tasked to clean both of their cocks of her juices before she was stretched across a couple of chairs on her back. Rage had taken his turn first, pounding into her womanhood as her cries were muffled on Karn's staff. After he had filled her with his hot seed, Karn had taken her just as roughly and with no consideration for how she had already been used. Rage had then held her head as she sucked the remainders of their fluids from his softening member, and denied her permission to orgasm thrice before allowing her to come, taking Karn with her.

By the time she returned to her chambers it was late and Isolde was tired and exhausted. It had been a long day, and she knew that this was just the start.

~*~

The following morning Isolde was awakened by the feeling of one cock against her behind and another slapping her cheek. When she opened her eyes the charming predawn light was filtering in through her curtains and she could bring herself to be angry for her early rousing from her slumber.

She had taken Rage and Karn again. This time she was on top of Karn, riding him vigorously as Rage inserted himself in her rear entrance. It was the most intense feeling of fullness and she orgasmed several times before Rage spilled his seed inside her. Rage then laid her on her back and put his member in his womanhood. Karn complemented this by biting, sucking and licking her nipples.

But Karn and Rage weren't so easily pacified. When they had done they had tethered the Queen over a large chest and paddled and whipped her until she begged for mercy. Then, and only when they were satisfied that her skin was sore and red, they took turns brutally fucking her mouth before coming once more each in her womanhood.

By the time the two left her chambers, Isolde could barely move. She knew that she would be feeling the consequences of that session all day, and perhaps beyond, and she loved it.

~*~

Sitting on the throne was no easy task when her behind was bruised and broken. However, the ice seat was bearable in that it cooled her burning skin. Isolde tried her best to remain stoic as the room filled with the people her subjects were once at war with. She awaited the arrival of Vernard and his countrymen, who were bringing the treaty in with them to present to her. They had their chance to read over it and confirm it this morning.
 
Vernard

Luckily Vernard's skills had been sufficient and he soon had Lena moaning with his face buried between her thighs. Although it was distracting with Freya pounding his rear, far from gently, he managed to bring Lena to an orgasm. The mistress was obviously satisfied that it was genuine and withdrew the device before unstrapping it. The eroticism of it all was not lost on Vernard, and despite feeling brutalised his cock had grown long and thick and was dripping with the excitement of pre-cum.

Freya had smiled appreciatively before dismissing Lena to go prepare a bath for Vernard in the communal bath house. The sub had left leaving the two alone.

Freya's offer had been simple, her body as he chose to use and abuse it, in return for giving Isolde er deepest desire. Freya would not tell him what that was, or even if it was a real thing, perhaps it was just a means for her to test his limits. But either way he had assented and soon the two of the had their bodies entwined in passionate embrace. It was not the frenzied fucking of their previous encounters, but rather a slow love-making.

First he had explored her body with his hands and mouth, before entering her with deliberate tenderness. His every motion was designed to maximise their pleasure as her drew them towards climax before retreating again and again.

Finally with her riding on his lap, he had taking her a little harder, bringing them to orgasm . His lips met hers in a passionate kiss as he spilled his seed deep within her. The clenching of her body around his manhood and torso told him she had enjoyed the gentle Vernard almost as much as she enjoyed fucking the submissive Vernard.

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬​

When Vernard finally entered the hall his body was a little relaxed and recovered, though it would bare the signs of the night before for a few days.

He had brought only Maalo, Larric and the sulking Rodlock to sign the final treaty. He had already read the whole document and was in agreement, knowing that there would most likely only be few changes with regard to the governor and maintaining rule of the southern areas. In the end he was not sure what changes the Queen may make but was pretty certain everything would be soon in signed.

"My Queen," he said with a bow, "we are happy with the treaty though I understand there may be minor issues that need to be filled out with regard to local rulership."

He looked at his fellow suitors, "we have all agreed as per the Queen's advisors wishes that she is entitled to make changes any time up to the signing of the treaty and that we would consider any such changes fairly before presenting them as a potential obstacle to the final treaty."
 
Queen Isolde

"The treaty stands but with one addendum. All of the terms on the Treaty are agreeable to my own people, and as far as I am aware the final copy is acceptable for you as well. The only item which we need to formalise is that which states that myself and General Vernard would like to appoint Sir Larrick as the governor of your lands."

Isolde waited to see if there were any objections to this. She could see that Rodlock was already eager to shoot the idea down, but a sharp look from her silenced him. He was lucky to be alive, and he knew better than to contest this idea. After looking at the others that had accompanied Vernard into the throne room she couldn't help but wonder why Vernard hadn't suggested his own friend Maalo as leader, and what the handsome man would be doing now that their cultural world was changing.
 
Vernard

Vernard waited for Rodlock to object, although he was certain the fool would keep his thoughts to himself. Larrick had been unaware of the plans to grant him a form of authority and had looked questioningly at Vernard.

"It was my suggestion," Vernard said softly,"but Maalo will be your chief advisor in order to maintain a balance of ideas."

When none objected Vernard spoke up.

"Then queen Isolde it seems as if we have reached an agreement. Though I have one last request." He looked at the queen, "the southern part of the realm will have Larrick with his knowledge and support to rule. Tempered by a more moderate Maalo. All we need is a representative from your realm to fully balance the scales."
 
Queen Isolde

"Very well," Isolde said with a slight nod, "and I would appreciate if some of my own advisord would have a place on that council just as your advisors would have on mine."

Isolde wasn't surprised when no one objected to the new conditions. One of her advisors added them in to the treaty and then handed it to her to sign. After Isolde made her mark she called Vernard forth to make his own.

After the treaty was signed Isolde knew it was only a matter of twenty four hours before their wedding. As she looked at Vernard she couldn't help but be pleased about her choice. She tried to imagine Larick signing the treaty instead and didn't think she would have been able to take her eyes of Vernard.

He had been such a stubborn thorn in her side at first, but he had grown to love and respect her people beyond belief. He had shown discipline, kindness, power and control at allof the right times and she had no doubt that he would make an excellent King, even if his duties kept him away from her side or brought in no extra wealth.
 
Vernard

Once the treaty was signed, Vernard was at a bit of a loss what to do. Since his capture his life had revolved around survival. First it had been surviving this new culture, then it had been forging a new life for himself. The last few days had all been about the treaty and winning the hand of the woman he had come to love. Now this had all come to past, he wasn't sure what wasexpected of him. He knew that once the formalities were over it would be a matter of advising Isolde on running the realm, leading the men into battle, hopefully for the last time, and being a husband. But now as he stood there he was unsure what to do, or what would happen next.
 
Queen Isolde

Isolde smiled at Vernard as he signed the treaty. It was incredible to think that generations of hatred and war between their countries would now be replaced with a fragile peace. She knew that things wouldn't immediately work out, but with time and careful diplomacy it was possible that their nations may see eye to eye.

Isolde stood and took the treaty from Vernard respectfully, giving him a nod in thanks, before giving it to her Scribe who would transcribe a perfect copy of it to give to Vernard or Larick for the reference of their own people. She stepped in beside Vernard and slipped her hand into his, partially to represent a united front, but also because she wanted to.

"So there we have it; a legal treaty has now been signed to unite our very different nations. Each country had unique wonders of culture and life that make it function, and make it home for its citizens. We have no intention to destroy either culture and ask instead for a sense of understanding and respect for our counterparts."

Isolde stepped further down the dias, gently tugging on Vernard's hand and encouraging him to do so.

"Tomorrow at this time the union between our countries will be symbolised by a marriage between myself and General Vernard. After that we will depart this castle of ice and make south to quell the trouble with the desert tribes. When that is done we will be able to rest and focus on making both of our countries the best that they will be."

Isolde looked over the people gathered and smiled before turning back to Vernard, "Is there anything that you would like to add?" She asked softly. Isolde knew that, after Vernard spoke, she would be whisked away for another dress fitting and to oversee many aspects of the wedding. She knew Vernard would also be fitted by the tailors, and called in to give his perspective on some of the traditions and wording of the ceremony.
 
Vernard

"All I have to add is that this is a good chance to build on a future for us all, so let us make the most of it. I know I certainly will," he gave her hand a squeeze. "I will certainly make the most of helping Queen Isolde to lead our united lands to prosperity and peace."

The was applause, some of it false, but most genuinely excited about the future.

Vernard leaned down to whisper in her ear.

"I am feeling horny again," he said with a snicker, "but I suspect my Queen's womanhood is tender from last night." He patted her backside, "but I wouldn't mind giving that another go."
 
Queen Isolde

Queen Isolde smiled at Vernard's request and thought back on their time together. They had come along way in understanding each other, and the respect they held for one another went far beyond what she had hoped to achieve. She thought back to the man had refused to give her his name, and stated that her home was cold and desolate. She knew now that those initial opinions had been blown well out of his mind, finding a home within her land and company with her people.

"Tender or not," Isolde whispered to him out of the corner of her mouth as the people in the room dispersed, "you can have me any way you wish when we get back to my chambers. Then, tomorrow night once we are wed, I will whip you so hard you will beg for my tender touch."

When everyone had finally left the throne room, Isolde grasped Vernard's hand in her own and led him to her chambers, thoroughly looking forward to their future together.
 
Back
Top