Maryland is for lovers?

I'm concerned about the winds and the weight of the snow. I'm hoping the wind will work with my steeply sloped roof to prevent the snow getting too heavy, but there's also pine trees within reach of my house and my neighbor has an oak that he's let an ivy vine grow to 6" diameter and kill some of it.

As long as nothing falls on and breaks my house, we'll be okay. We have plenty of firewood and supplies. But if something falls on my garage and crushes my MINI, I'm gonna go ballistic.

It's too late now but it's time for tree some tree removal. As for your neighbor...legally you can force him to have that tree taken down, if it endangers your property. Been there, done that. (The tree was leaning over my garage housing a '59 MGA coupe.)

High wind and wet snow. Hmmm from my experience snow will have a hard time staying on the trees and wires in high wind. This could be the first time it happens where snow is the culprit but the winds will be the deciding factor if the tree is weak it will fall.

I'm hoping the power stays on too

We don't have anyway to stay warm like a fireplace. So we will be fine as long as it stays on. If we lose power we are totally screwed. We won't be able to go anywhere because of the snow and road conditions. Damn I'm really hoping we don't lose power:rose:

We don't have anyway to stay warm like a fireplace. So we will be fine as long as it stays on. If we lose power we are totally screwed. We won't be able to go anywhere because of the snow and road conditions. Damn I'm really hoping we don't lose power:rose:

Well then, wishing you good fortune and strong power lines! Things are piling up here...

SG

Well then, wishing you good fortune and strong power lines! Things are piling up here...

SG

Well no loss of power so far. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we don't!!
At 7:30 we had 14 and counting. It's supposed to continue snowing thru tonight.
I'll post again around 6 pm. I'm in Montgomery county between Silver Spring and Columbia in Howard county. Anyway enjoying watching Top Chef and reading erotica from Literotica. Doesn't get any better than that.:rose:

Creative? No, not really. I've been reading and watching movies. :) Oh, and shoveling. And drinking. haha

I would much prefer to be snowed in with a yummy man. :D Alas...
I'd prefer to be snowed in with a yummy woman so we're kinda even.

It was a sunny Sunday and I was outside digging out, for several hours.
In the meantime the neighborhood lost power, until late last night.
Thank goodness I was able to drive to the Sheraton Hotel, nearby, and get a goods night sleep.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sleeping at BWI Tuesday night, is it too late for a blizzard party?

Glad you made it to a hotel! Sorry you lost power. :( We were very fortunate--not major issues and even got a snow plow today! :D

I am blessed with a most thoughtful neighbor. I arrived home last night to find my driveway had been plowed and sidewalks shoveled

Thanks, Rick...I owe you.

How fantastic that he shoveled you out. Always nice to have close neighbors as friends...haven't had that in ages. I want to read into that statement and think that you three are more than friends, but that's just my perv mind at work. hehehe

Your "perv mind" works well. My ex-wife and I use to play with our neighbors but now it's just the 3 of us. As for my neighbors...she enjoys the additional, undivided attention. ;)

Back