Dinner and a date

PanicByNumbers

Experienced
There was a photoshop contest on a comedy site called cracked.com of what would it look like if various companies teamed up. And one of the entries was Dominos and some dating site. The tagline for the site was "Real Women, Real Pizza" and I just thought it was funny. Recently I've been reading various "women-being-extremely-willing-sex-partners" stories and I was also kind of inspired by the FembotNot! story by HungryGuy. The character Carol mentions in the age of Fembots it's nigh-impossible for the average woman to land a boyfriend (I'm paraphrasing here). I just thought what if there was some male scarcity or simply a lack of romantic drive among men but no corresponding lack on the part of women. I don't know whether the better story would be a lack of men population-wise or just a sharp drop in men getting into relationships, but for whatever reason competition for male partners is, for lack of a better word, fierce. One thought for this world would be that some catastrophe severely reduced the male population and humanity needs to get men breeding and fast. Perhaps because the government needs men breeding as often as possible they've suspended public indecency laws when men are involved. Which means a guy can take his date to any public place no matter how formal or professional even if she's just wearing a g-string and heels. And bending your partner over in public or getting a very out in the open blowjob are completely acceptable. So someone got the idea that the best way to a man's heart are through his stomach AND his fly and ran with it. Now women can sign up to the "dinner and a date site(s)" and men can sign up to get fed and socialize. Maybe there's just one site where men pick a girl and meet her for a date where she pays or maybe there's a whole menu of sites to choose from. A "Pizza Date" site, a "Asian Food" site, a "Home-Cooked Meal" site, you get the idea. Here's a twist to the world, due to the scarcity of breeding (or just available) men and ridiculous amount of eligible and ( would 'desperate' be appropriate?) women, women's standards and etiquette have both changed dramatically. Dating etiquette for women has amended it's guidelines to "dress slutty and put out as early and often as possible, the emptier you keep his balls, the more likely he'll keep seeing you". I've toyed with the thought of multiple dating. With so few males and so many women, it's become socially acceptable for one guy to date several girls at once. Combined with the suspension of decency laws and encouraged promiscuity of women, its not unusual to see a table occupied by one man and multiple minimally dressed women all the while the guy has another woman's head bobbing in his lap. I haven't really thought too much about an actual story. Maybe it could take the POV of a woman who's decided she wants a boyfriend and is hitting the rather competitive dating scene.

There was a photoshop contest on a comedy site called cracked.com of what would it look like if various companies teamed up. And one of the entries was Dominos and some dating site. The tagline for the site was "Real Women, Real Pizza" and I just thought it was funny. Recently I've been reading various "women-being-extremely-willing-sex-partners" stories and I was also kind of inspired by the FembotNot! story by HungryGuy. The character Carol mentions in the age of Fembots it's nigh-impossible for the average woman to land a boyfriend (I'm paraphrasing here). I just thought what if there was some male scarcity or simply a lack of romantic drive among men but no corresponding lack on the part of women. I don't know whether the better story would be a lack of men population-wise or just a sharp drop in men getting into relationships, but for whatever reason competition for male partners is, for lack of a better word, fierce. One thought for this world would be that some catastrophe severely reduced the male population and humanity needs to get men breeding and fast. Perhaps because the government needs men breeding as often as possible they've suspended public indecency laws when men are involved. Which means a guy can take his date to any public place no matter how formal or professional even if she's just wearing a g-string and heels. And bending your partner over in public or getting a very out in the open blowjob are completely acceptable. So someone got the idea that the best way to a man's heart are through his stomach AND his fly and ran with it. Now women can sign up to the "dinner and a date site(s)" and men can sign up to get fed and socialize. Maybe there's just one site where men pick a girl and meet her for a date where she pays or maybe there's a whole menu of sites to choose from. A "Pizza Date" site, a "Asian Food" site, a "Home-Cooked Meal" site, you get the idea. Here's a twist to the world, due to the scarcity of breeding (or just available) men and ridiculous amount of eligible and ( would 'desperate' be appropriate?) women, women's standards and etiquette have both changed dramatically. Dating etiquette for women has amended it's guidelines to "dress slutty and put out as early and often as possible, the emptier you keep his balls, the more likely he'll keep seeing you". I've toyed with the thought of multiple dating. With so few males and so many women, it's become socially acceptable for one guy to date several girls at once. Combined with the suspension of decency laws and encouraged promiscuity of women, its not unusual to see a table occupied by one man and multiple minimally dressed women all the while the guy has another woman's head bobbing in his lap. I haven't really thought too much about an actual story. Maybe it could take the POV of a woman who's decided she wants a boyfriend and is hitting the rather competitive dating scene.

I absolutely LOVE this idea! I've been looking to write something out of the box, to help curb my writer's block and I think this just may be it. Would you mind if it were an interracial story? I find myself drawn to writing mixed-race couples, as I'm a black woman married to a white man.

or simply a lack of romantic drive among men but no corresponding lack on the part of women.

That's called reality. :rolleyes:

But, it might be interesting if the women have their own androids, but the purpose of the dating was to find a high quality human male to sire a child when the woman wanted one.

Like the Heart song All I Want To Do Is Make Love To You:

I said please, please understand
I'm in love with another man
And what he couldn't give me
was the one little thing that you can

I absolutely LOVE this idea! I've been looking to write something out of the box, to help curb my writer's block and I think this just may be it. Would you mind if it were an interracial story? I find myself drawn to writing mixed-race couples, as I'm a black woman married to a white man.

I love this idea as well. To me this idea could be the basis for a really good futuristic sci-fi novel where some event in the future has left a large percentage of the male population infertile. This makes women wanting husbands that can provide an actual family a scarce commodity. In dating, women become the aggressors and due to the scarcity of fertile men, race is no longer an issue.

The antagonistic part of the theme/plot would be that many younger infertile men still have normal high sex drives and try to fool women into being their partners. Sub plots could include the dinner date theme and a play on the old, and totally wrong, adage that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

All in all I think it is a great idea to write this one through a woman's POV. I see her as being brought up in the old way when men were more plentiful and the story is about how she struggles to cope with the new world order and how in the end, she triumphs.

I don't have the chops to write something like this and do it any justice, but maybe you do ReneeBanks.

Wow, I didn't think anybody'd respond, you wanna take a shot at it, go ahead, I'd be flattered.

Back