The Last Daughter of Krypton II (OOC)

Chibi_Supergirl__by_hedbonstudios.jpg
 
So in the new series of "Broadchurch," David Tennant has scenes with Eve Myles.

Which means, for I think the first time ever, Jamie Hamilton will be on screen in the same room with Ceri McCrimmon.

While it's too bad this couldn't happen within the context of The Whoniverse, this more than kind of blows my mind. XD
 
Just a little something that's been in my head.

~ ~ ~

Earth was protected.

Sacred.

Revered, even.

There was no violence anymore...

Anywhere.

Enough blood had been shed.

The darkest night had finally ended.

But Earth was still protected.

Sacred.

It had been... for over nine hundred thousand years. The new guardians that watched over it truly had little to worry about, so when their sensors detected a single object shuttling towards Earth, they were far, far more curious than they were concerned. It wasn't as if there was anything on Earth to conquer. The planet had long since shed all traces of civilization from its surface, reverting to a truly beautiful and peaceful world.

What surprised them further was that they could not stop the object from continuing on its current trajectory.

Some power beyond power was keeping it from being interfered with.

It was as if The Source itself was shielding it from them.

By the time the puzzled guardians had relayed this new information to their commanders, the rocket had already breached Earth's atmosphere and was preparing to land.

"Have you been able to trace its point of origin?"

"No. One moment there was nothing... and then the next all these sensors started going off."

"Did you at least attempt to scan the ship for signs of life?"

"It wouldn't let me," the guardian explained.

"What?"

"I couldn't... do anythin-"

Both guardians paused as their sensors began receiving information that was encrypted and then decrypted at a speed that was almost impossible for them to believe. Their eyes widened in shock as each layer of code broke apart and then reshaped itself. The ship, it would seem, wasn't going to wait to ask for permission to land.

It was going to land.

The code it finally projected was that of a symbol. It was rather simple in shape: a broad red 'S' emblazoned on a yellow, diamond-shaped background.

It was the symbol.

Hope.

Once the code had been 'accepted', the ship touched down. From their outpost, the guardians could only watch as the main hatch opened, and Kara Zor-El walked out slowly. Bathed in the warm embrace of the yellow sun, the ancient Kryptonian felt renewed.

When a gentle breeze caressed her face, she closed her eyes and smiled.

She was the first person in many thousands of years to walk the earth, and it seemed more than pleased to have its greatest champion back.

"I know. We don't need to whisper."
 
Come with me...
Where chains will never bind you...

Best song to the epically, best musical *ever* -- thank goodness they FINALLY got a movie to soundly bring it to life, and honor it the way it was meant to in Hugh Jackman's!

It never fails to tear me asunder...each and every time, each and every time!

*sniffle*

(love your Kara vision...)

*doh*

Oh snap. The parallel? *doink**doink**zoiiink's?*
 
Back
Top