OOC: "Uniting The Lowlands"

LoriDean12345

Literotica Guru
Joined
Feb 18, 2016
Posts
586
OOC: "Uniting The Lowlands"

PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE

If you have a question or want to express your interest,
please PM me instead of posting here.
Thank you very much.​

A Note For Prospective Writers:
  • I am inviting multiple writers to join me here.
  • However, this isn't a group roleplay per se.
  • Each of my characters will be in a 1x1 with each of your characters.
  • Interaction between the various 1x1 couplings is allowed.
  • But such interactions aren't required.
  • This distance between couplings means that the interactions don't have to follow the same timeline.
  • Because of this, the only writer for whom you have to wait to post is the one with whom you are writing.
  • And if a writer from a different pairing quits, it won't affect you a lot.
  • Occasional time jumps can bring various couplings closer to one another in the time line if it becomes desirable.

The history leading to our story:
  • After 40 years and thousands of lives lost, the war for Orelea is over.
  • A peace treaty has been signed between the Kingdom's of West Orelea and East Orelea, often simply called The West and The East.
  • The treaty calls for the division of Orelea to occur in part along the White River.
  • The Lowlands -- a region of the White River Valley formerly belonging to the East -- was captured and resettled by the West early in the war.
  • Per the treaty, the Lowlands must be returned to the East.
  • Hundreds of families now in the Lowlands must relocate to the West; while hundreds of displaced families from the East are returning to the Lowlands.
  • Then, the unexpected occurs: a major storm and subsequent flood devastates the Lowlands.
  • The winding course of the White River shifts: some Western lands are now on the east bank, while some Eastern lands are now on the West.
  • Adding to the confusion, the flood washed away many landmarks -- natural and manmade -- that had once determined property boundaries, making old lands claims moot.
  • With the fate of the treaty in jeopardy over what to do with the Lowlands, the Western and Eastern Kings reach a solution.
  • All old property and business claims are abandoned.
  • All new property claims in the Lowlands must be made by a couple that include a husband from one of the Kingdoms and a wife from the other.

My potential Characters -- all females -- and the situations in which they find themselves:
  1. Male needed: Lorna (age 20) grew up in the Lowlands, daughter of Western parents who moved into the Lowlands after it had was captured. She married a man with a similar familial history, but he was a soldier and was killed in the war. Now, to maintain her property and business, she must marry an Eastern man. This idea appalls her because it was Easterners who killed her husband. To make matters worse, the man (you) who approaches her about a union is an Eastern soldier.
  2. Male needed: Karla (age 18) is the daughter of Lowland refugees who fled the Lowlands during the war. She is now returning to her family's traditional homeland to reclaim what is rightfully hers. The Western man (you) who now owns the business is married (to a character I will also write), but if he wants to keep it, he must divorce and marry Karla. They will end up with a strange love/lust triangle.
  3. Female needed: Paula (age 24) doesn't like men. But she has to marry one is she is going to keep her property. Or … maybe she could pretend to be a man...? She finds a woman -- not a lesbian like Paula -- who agrees to feign marriage, and over time they come to both become lovers and fall in love, too.
  4. Male needed for 2 characters: Rose (age 19) is a Lowlands descendant of Easterners but is also in love with an Easterner (your first character). To marry her true love, she needs the help of the Sheriff (your second character), who -- until a proper West-East union occurs -- is currently in control of Rose's family's business. The Sheriff can fake the documents to allow the two young people to marry. But before he does, he wants something from Rose. You can probably guess what that is, can't you?
  5. And there will be other ideas as time goes on.
 
Back
Top