OOC -- "Shaanra's Ghost" (closed)

ManInTheLoft

Really Experienced
Joined
Apr 25, 2018
Posts
170
OOC
"Shaanra's Ghost"

CLOSED


CHARACTERS:

Shaanra:
  • She is dead; a spirit, a ghost.
  • Was Heir to the throne of The Black Isles.
  • Was murdered at age 14 by an unknown party, an assassin who removed her heart (and, more specifically, the soul contained within it) from her body not with a blade but with magic.
  • She now haunts The Red Rooster, the tavern in which she was murdered while travelling from the Purple Peak Monastery (where she had been safely raised since weaning) back to The Black Isles (where she was to claim her throne).
  • She believes that if she finds the right adventurers, she can not only learn who killed her but perhaps reclaim her heart and soul and return to the living once more.

Nell (or more properly, Nelloris of Jaguan)
  • Magic User: Level 5
    • Image
    • Intelligence: Level 3
    • Years as Magic User: 1
    • Magical Items: 1
  • Magic Spells:
    • Heal = 5 HPs/day.
    • Flash = 5 targets, 5 seconds, 55 degrees.
    • Coin = 1 into 5, 5 minutes, 5 days/moon.
    • Statue = 5 seconds.
    • Mouthful = 1 bite becomes 5
  • Weapons:
    • Staff = 2d6 - 7
    • Dagger = 2d6 - 5
  • Other possessions of importance:
    • Cloak: nothing particularly special about it yet.
    • Book of Incantations
 
Last edited:
As discussed in PM, my first character will be the Wizard. Well, she's not so much a wizard as an up and coming magic user with a lot of promise and a long road to travel before calling herself a wizard.

ARUjuz0.jpg

Name: Nell (or more properly, Nelloris of Jaguan)

Class: Magic User

Ability: Intelligence

Possessions:

Staff
  • It would seem to be just a staff; a fancy stick with cool carvings.
  • Over time, as Nell becomes collects incantations and/or becomes more powerful, the staff will reveal itself for what it truly is.
Dagger
  • It would seem to be just a knife.
  • As with the staff, however, it will reveal itself as much more over time.
Book of Incantations:
  • 6"x8"x1" hard backed, leather bound book. (Most of the 1 inch thickness are the front and back covers.)
  • Even more so than the staff and dagger, the book will reveal itself as more amazing than Nell can possibly imagine.
  • It appears to have in it only 5 pages.
  • The pages are made not of paper, though, but of cotton cloth; and the incantations are not written with ink but are embroidered by Nell using string she herself must dye various colors using resources from nature.
  • Each page contains one of the original spells taught to Nell by her wizard mentor. (I need you to select which spells she knows, based upon how powerful you think she should be at this point.)
  • As Nell collects more incantations, they will be added to the book.
  • Yet the number of pages will not increase, nor will the size/thickness of the book!
  • At any point in time, if you count the pages at their edges, there will only be five. But once the book is opened, the story changes.
  • You can turn the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th pages and expect to reach the 5th -- last! -- page.
  • And yet, you won't. Instead, you will find as many more pages as there are new incantations.
  • And yet, if you close the book again and look at it on edge, there will only be 5 pages, whether Nell knows 5, 50, or 500 incantations.
Cloak
  • It would seem to be just a cloak or cape.
  • But again, like most of her possessions, the cloak it is far more amazing than Nell can imagine.
  • Over time, as she becomes more powerful, the cloak will reveal itself for what it truly is.

Nell's History:

She was abandoned by parents she never really knew for reasons she wouldn't come to understand until a decade later.

Nell would be raised by a Wizard she only ever knew as Master. She would become little more than a slave, performing manual labor from dawn to dusk nearly every day for the next decade.

Then, for reasons unknown to Nell, the King's Forces attacked Master without warning. There was a fierce battle complete with swords, spears, arrows, and fire from the King's Forces and magical spells from Master.

Incredibly, the King's Forces never seemed to even notice Nell. She hid and evaded and ran and hid and evaded yet again, screaming repeatedly each time she was sure she was about to be killed. And yet, nothing happened to her. Even when the wood and reed house burst into flames, Nell didn't feel the heat of the flames or the pain of being burned alive. She rushed out of the house into the safety of a nearby field, only then realizing that Master had somehow protected her while losing his own life in the process.

But why? Why did Master save her life? Master had never particularly shown any care or concern for Nell; he'd more often than not been hard and even mean to her. And yet, even as he himself was unsuccessfully fighting off the King's Forces, he had somehow prevented Nell from being either seen or harmed.

After the fire faded to become little more than smoke, Nell entered the ruins to find Master's staff, cloak, and dagger; and in a box that had previously been sealed by magic, Nell found a Book of Incantations that she somehow knew was intended for her.

She fled the area and has been wandering for the past year, learning the spells inside her book.​

Personality:

She has a very dour, gloomy personality.

Her parents apparently had no interest in raising her, and Master had always been hard on her.

And yet after having been saved by Master, even at the loss of his own life, Nell wonders if maybe there isn't hope for a better life out there somewhere.

She's never had a friend. In fact, the only person she ever spent time with was Master.

She is a virgin. She can't imagine a man wanting to be her lover or mate, even though she can more than imagine that one or more or many wouldn't mind getting their manhood wet in her womanhood just simply because it's there.

She was always impressed with Master's magic, and she always dreamed of having such abilities. It wasn't until after Master's death, though, that she realized​
 
Great profile!

I am going to use it with some editing to make your permanent statistics form in the first post.

Here's what I am adding to that first post:

Magic User: Level 5
  • Image
  • Intelligence: Level 3
  • Years as Magic User: 1
  • Magical Items: 1
Magic Spells:
  • Heal = 5 HPs/day.
  • Flash = 5 targets, 5 seconds, 55 degrees.
  • Coin = 1 into 5, 5 minutes, 5 days/moon.
  • Statue = 5 seconds.
  • Mouthful = 1 bite becomes 5
Weapons:
  • Staff = 2d6 - 7
  • Dagger = 2d6 - 5
Other possessions of importance:
  • Cloak: nothing particularly special about it yet.
  • Book of Incantations
Things for you to know for your immediate purpose but will not be added above in your statistics.
  • Class Level is not to be thought of like D&D levels. Think of a regular person with few skills or abilities and no life experiences as a Level 1.
  • About your magic spells:
    • Heal = 5 HPs/day. You can heal 5 Hit Points of damage per day to another individual SO LONG as that individual is still and stable, not up and active. You can't net resurrect a dead person. You can heal yourself even while on the move, so long as you are not casting other spells or fighting. Heal ability increases with Class Level: Level 6 = 6 HPs, Level 7 = 7 HPs, etc.
    • Flash = 5 targets, 55 degrees, 5 seconds. Causes a flash of light that blinds up to 5 people for 5 seconds; they must be inside the same 55 degree arc in which the spell is cast.
    • Coin = 1 into 5, 5 minutes, 5 days/moon. Causes 1 coin to seem as though 5; all 5 will vanish after 5 minutes. Can be casted 5 times in a moon (28 days).
    • Statue = 5 seconds. Causes one person to freeze for 5 seconds, becoming totally unaware of their surroundings or of what's happening within them.
    • Mouthful = 1 bite becomes 5. 1 bite full of food will satisfy as if 5. Can be shared with others, as in splitting up a mouthful of berries between several people or cutting a mouthful of meat into two or more pieces to share. Can be used 1 time a day.
  • Magical items: the reason that her level is only 1 at this time is that, although she has many magical items and has been a MU for a year, she doesn't fully understand what her items can do. This will increase as she gains more experience.
  • Weapons:
    • Staff = 2d6 - 7. Because she has never used her staff as a weapon and because she doesn't know how to use its magical abilities, she isn't very good with it and it doesn't do much damage. This will increase as she gains experience and spells.
    • Dagger = 2d6 - 5. Same as above. Being a blade, it causes a bit more damage.
 
Very detailed and yet not too detailed. I think I understand it pretty well.

This is going to be fun.

Do I create my next characters now or wait until they are actually introduced?
 
Back
Top