World of Overwatch: Attacks on Rakta-Azeroth (closed)

ShuhaloTemptress

Really Experienced
Joined
Mar 13, 2017
Posts
151
Delhi-Juvia, circa 200 years after the original Omnic Crisis - 40 miles outside the original location of Oasis University.

"You question the reality of the situation, Ms. Vaswani. The security issues at hand are staggering in great numbers and I believe you to be in dire dan---"

Ms. Anaya Vaswani, 5th Generation heir to the Vaswani Corporation, flicked her hand over in Commander Jackson Morrison's direction, abruptly stopping his conversation. "Commander Morrison, just because some of our ancestors might have been former acquaintances doesn't mean you get to come in here and tell me how to run my business."

Commander Morrison straightened up, his attitude soured by her rude demeanor. His partner, Katanoviya Chechoslovich, snickered behind him, only fueling his angered pride more.

Morrison continued. "While what you are saying is true, Ms. Vaswani, our scouts have reported lingering agents of the dismantled Talon-Lumerico Terrorist Organization have been easily hacking into files within your company that would destroy what your predecessors have built and upheld for many generations. If you wouldn't mind checking in with the Omnics that oversee the telecom center to make certain that the connections between the other telecom centers on Earth and even on the renovated Lunar Colony are working smoothly." He stepped back for a moment scanning her face for any sign of other rudeness before continuing. "Then we'll be out of your hair and I can let Katanoviya go bang the chick she's been into for the last two lunar cycles."

"HEY!" Katanoviya protested, the demolitions officer Lt. Calvin "Caltrops" Fawkestein who had returned from a smoke laughing hearing the comment, both only stopping when Anaya stood waving away one of her Omnic guards.

She walked closer to Morrison - the difference in height clearly noticeable. "Listen. I will do as you say, but... then you will not step back through the doors of my business. Understood?"

"Loud and clear, ma'am," Jackson saluted just before the large glass window shattered behind them, dark large Omnics dropping in with guns blazing.

Commander Morrison grabbed Anaya and pulled her behind the shield that Katanoviya had placed down before them. "It won't hold for long! What's the plan, Commander?!"

Fawkestein was already tossing stick bombs at the Omnics to no avail.

Jackson looked to Anaya. "We're going to get you out of here!"

"Not this time you won't, Morrison..."

Jackson stood, pulling out his T-940 Helix Rifle and started pointing around. "I know that voice. LIGER! Come out this instance! Quit hiding behind these fucking Omnics that you've hired for bounty!"

"Oh ho ho, hired for bounty?" The voice appeared behind him as the Omnics in front of Katanoviya stopped firing immediately just as her barrier broke. They disengaged in such a way that the bots seemingly fell to the ground. "I didn't hire them. I created them."

"Behind me..." Jackson whispered to Anaya, as she moved quickly, scared for her life.

"Oh, Ms. Vaswani. How rude of me. I haven't introduced myself. I am Liger Inuzuka, inheritor of Talon-Lumerico Incorporated. I am a proprietor like yourself and know how to make my presence known. Did you like my flamboyant display?"

Jackson stood up, gun held under Liger's chin. "Listen here you son of a bitch. You and your little pitiful terrorist group are going to be taken down. You have caused enough hell in this world and even on the colony. It's not going to work out for you here."

"You think you have the upper hand, Jacky?" Liger said, pushing the tip of Jackson's gun away from his face, a wide smirk on that appearing on his devilish features. "La Catrina, the device!"

Another Talon-Lumerico operative appeared. Her face painted in the Los Muertos style, aurora pink poison vials hanging from her delicate waist. This was definitely La Catrina - Lady Death. She ran her hand up her thigh, pulling her dress hem up as she pulled a detonator switch from the girdle on her thigh. She handed it to Liger stepping back, her face seemingly lighting up as he grabbed Jackson by the collar before clicking a red button on a detonator. "Your company slogan is 'Welcome to our Reality' and yet - you're going to be taken into a new reality! MY REALITY!"

A portal opened underneath all of them as Liger broke free from Jackson flying backward into an alternate portal within the one he had opened. Anaya went off into another direction as Commander Morrison dove into the portal after Liger. Katanoviya was gone somewhere, who knows where. Then there was Calvin.

'What has he done? What has that bastard done?! Mother fucker... I will kill him! If he hasn't killed me first---' "Ahhhhh!!!!!" Calvin screamed.

*********

Neo-Stormwind, Planet: Rakta-Azeroth - Alternate Reality

Character Profile: Annestra "Anne" Mekkentonn, age 25, Mech Pilot serving in the United Allied Forces, stationed in Neo-Stormwind under the leadership of Queen Herra Greyfang.

"Annestra! Your levels are too high! You're going to break the atmospheric conditions. This isn't going to work!"

"I can do it! You've got to let me do it, Ferro!" I yelled at the gnomish woman that was hitting every control within her reach to keep my simulation levels within the norm so I wouldn't break another simulator. I had already pushed two of them to the edge of needing repair after every run, even if I hadn't been in them. I wasn't going to let the fact that the 2nd Lieutenant grounded my wings stop me from practicing. "Push it one higher, Ferro. I need to reach forty thousand."

Ferro grit her teeth together as she pushed the button once more, the pistons of the simulation chair grinding and hissing with more steam and smoke as I tried to push the simulation to its maximum levels. I was about to hit forty thousand when the simulation pod opened, a sudden rush of air hitting my face and a thrust of power hitting my body as I was thrown out of the pod and onto the floor.

"Annestra!"

Ferro scurried to my side as I rubbed my head looking to her, waving her away. "Damn it. Fucking damn it!" I cursed hitting the side of the pod.

"Oh no. No no no. You've gone and busted another one, Annie... Gasten is going to have my head for this." Ferro was all in a tizzy as I let my hand touch her head.

"Ah, don't worry. Just tell him you walked in on it being this way. I'll take the fall again. What's the worst thing they can do? Add more ground time to the punishment I've already got?" I laughed heading out as I could sense that the simulation pod wasn't the only thing steaming.

I walked through the Dwarven District, hearing everyone talk around me about the latest attacks by the Orcish hordes and their fierce monstrosities. Kaijus. Elementals. Demonic Imps setting fire to the many forests during their conquests along the Eastern Kingdoms. Even the snowy mountains of Ironforge have been scarred by these abominations. The ridge-mounted guns almost didn't survive the last attack at Ironforge as we heard from the last report. But they held. The beasts are getting stronger though.

The demonic warlocks are beginning to summon more demonic kaijus from their city of Astru-Orgra across the ocean and teleport them here via their evil portals on a daily basis but we're not able to secure the walls that well around Neo-Stormwind. It's getting to be harder.

I continued home. Opening the door and walking by my skin suit that I wear inside my D-132 Alpha Mechanized Synthesizer . I ran my fingers along the mesh, feeling the need to be within my mech. But I have been grounded until my commander declares me 'safe' in his military. His reason? Hell if I know. So what if I took my mech out and almost got 13 mechs destroyed in the process of killing 22 kaijus? At least they got killed! Pfft, he'll learn. I then sighed realizing that my father would be scolding me while my mother would be scolding him. If it wasn't for the Dwarven blood in me, I would be flying. My hardheadedness just doesn't want to allow me to listen to anyone but what I believe should be right.

I turned to go walk into my bedroom, reaching for the light switch only to have the bedroom light up before I even switched it on. I looked to near my bed, a circular portal opening up - blueish-red in hue as I grabbed the spare stock rifle from by the door taking aim. I heard screaming before a man fell out of the portal and crashed into my bed, causing it to break and the mattress drop to the floor.

"What the fuck?!" I questioned. I walked forward and looked at him, gun at the ready as the man began to cough.

"W-where the hell did you come from? Did an Arcanist send you?"

*******

OOC: This is your character, Lt. Calvin "Caltrops" Fawkestein.
 
Last edited:
Character Profile Lt. Calvin "Caltrops" Fawkestein age 29 Demolitions officer

As I was in that whatever it was a hole, time became unreal as I tried to shut my eyes throughout the experience my body was making them stay open as I saw things crazy things.

My first thoughts went back to when I was just a child having my first fight with the local bully but then my eyes brought me back to the hole I was traveling through images pouring out some of creatures not ever seen on our planet as my mouth began screaming out loud but I couldn't make out what I was saying and that's when it happened I was flung through a small hole into a bright shiny room as I hit something hard and fast.

I could barely get a couple words out instead I coughed heavy as someone said "W-where the hell did you come from? Did an Arcanist send you?" I groaned in pain as I tried to reach for my weapon as my body started to go limp as my last word escaping my mouth was "Cal." and with that my eyelids closed as I slipped into darkness.
 
"Cal?" I questioned.

I lowered my weapon as I noticed the strange man went limp. I looked up at the ceiling where he had come from and yet, there wasn't any visible hole. No slight scorching that an amateur Arcanist might leave behind by opening a tear in reality to send someone from point A to point B. I looked him over. There were strange orbs on his belt and other containers on his person as I struggled to flip him over. This dude was heavy even for me even though he was well-built.

The armor he was wearing was scratched in such a way that and scorched, but not from any recent battle. Just who was he?

I moved what I could that was left of my now destroyed bed as I tried to position him in a way that he could rest. I got up, going into the pantry.

"Khadsmire? No, no. Too much of that would kill him while unconscious. Effortshy! That's what I need." I grabbed the small vial and walked back to where I had left him and popped the cork, passing it under his nose, hoping he'd come to.
 
It felt like many hours passed before I was awakened by an aroma I never smelled before as I opened my eyes catching a view of this unknown lady I began to smile as I said: "Fuck I must be in heaven because you are one beautiful stunning angel." As I began to turn my head and survey where I was the room had a different feel to it as I tried to move my body began to hurt all over as I reached for my holster and found that my gun wasn't there I looked around in a panic as I said "Ok this ain't funny where the hell is my gun?"
 
"Fuck I must be in heaven because you are one beautiful stunning angel."

I rolled my eyes as I looked to him, getting up and putting the cork back on the bottle. "Whatever this Heaven is must be a weird place if you think for a moment that I'm stunning..."

I moved over to the other side of the room as I heard him complain about his gun being missing. I smirked looking at the pile of screws and other various objects sprawled out on the table next to me.

I turned to look over my shoulder wiping my hands casually, "Oh, I took it apart to find out how it works. Definitely not like the ones we get from Ironforge. I'm almost certain now that an Arcanist didn't send you to me. Where are you from? What's 'Cal' mean?"
 
I was a bit taken back at her comment about heaven as I listened to her say she took my gun apart I sat up quickly as my head started to ache from a major headache I had "Are you serious." I looked over at the desk as I saw my gun that I had since I started in Overwatch dismantled like it was a toy.

"For starters, I think it is common curtsey to introduce yourself first before asking where someone is from, I am from a place called Junkertown in Australia outback as for what Cal is that is my name it's short for Lt. Calvin Fawkestein of Overwatch since I have answered two of your questions I think it's fair to tell me where the fuck I am as well as who you are and what's this bullshit about Arcanist who are they supposed to be."

I sat back against the broken bed trying to listen to what she said in response trying to process my mind in where I was and where the commander and Katanoviya were.
 
I shook my screwdriver at him. "Aha! Now, that's more like it. Some answers." I turned to walk over to him, kneeling before him and reaching to my side to grab some of the gun parts to start putting it back together - very casually as I thought how to answer...

"I think I'll answer about the Arcanists first... They're like the mages of old - but with more advanced magics. They can teleport entire battalions in a matter of seconds by themselves and only need an hour of recovery time. Mechs, tanks, squadrons and all!"

Grabbing a few of the screws and putting them in the holes where they belong, I held a few of them with my lips as I grit my teeth to explain the rest, squinting at the part I was screwing back together.

"As for this place -- it's my house. That's my bed. As for the world? I don't think we have a Junk town around here, even though the Gnomes own the junk yards. Never heard of Oster-ale-ahh, but that Junk Town sounds fun... Might be able to get stuff for my mechs on the cheap better than the auction house. You're in Neo-Stormwind - the Sapphire Jewel of the Six Kingdoms. Welcome to Rakta-Azeroth, Mr. Fawkestein!"

I extended my hand to shake his, but seeing no response, I just shrugged it off and just continued putting his gun back together. Being almost done with it, I looked to him, "As for the last question -- I'm Annestra Mekkentonn, you can call me Anne by the way, Mech Pilot of the United Allied Forces and the person that just rebuilt your gun." I handed him his gun as I stood up wiping my hands free of the gun oil on the rag attached at the belt of my uniform.

"Anything else, Lieutenant?" I turned looking over my shoulder.
 
As I listened to her explain where I am and who the Arcanists were I couldn't help the fact watching her work was actually enjoyable as she thrust her hand out for me to shake I was a bit wary still listening to her ramble on and on as she handed my gun back to me I took stock as I check the scope as well as the cartridge "Now bad work but you missed a two things the frame needs a bit more tightening as well as the handle."

I slowly got up as I began to make my way to where she had the screwdriver I picked it up as I slowly unscrewed the handle as it slid off I looked at her as I said "I'm surprised you haven't called for security having a strange man inside your bedroom I take it." I grabbed a small piece of metal as I started to flick it inside the handle as I began to screw the handle back it making sure it wouldn't slide off "You wouldn't happen to have a small flathead driver, would you?"
 
I huffed silently when he critiqued my work putting his gun back together, but I let it slide. I turned back around watching him move to the work bench as I noticed he was actually kind of attractive. I also let that slide for the time being.

I laughed out loud when he mentioned I hadn't called the city security yet.

"Why would I call the guards? I'm better than any of those hellions that think they could protect the Queen in these times. In fact, I've downed them in hand to hand while we were in the academy. That's why I'm in the military and they're stuck being street walking guards that try to stop lowlife gnomes that decided to go to a life of crime instead of helping their fellow man."

I walked out of the room and turned on the light in the living room. "Well, it's night time and I'm tired... I guess you can crash here until I can take you to the room and board... I'm sure you're exhausted travelling from Oster-ale-ahh.." I yawned laying down on the couch.
 
As I listened I couldn't imagine this girl was military but I guess beggars can't be choosers when dealing with warfare hearing she was better than the city guard brought a smile to my face as I watched her exit the bedroom and head into the living room I followed behind as I heard her say "Well, it's night time and I'm tired... I guess you can crash here until I can take you to the room and board... I'm sure you're exhausted traveling from Oster-ale-ahh.." I looked around the room as she laid on the couch as I took a seat on a nearby stool I quickly drifted off to sleep as well feeling the thrill of what tomorrow would bring when I can leave this house and explore this city and try to find some way to contact my commander.

The early morning sun peaking through the glass framed window woke me from my daze as I looked around seeing my host was still sleeping I quickly placed my gun in its holster as I walked to the front door and stepped outside to see what else was on this planet as I walked a good bit keeping my eyes out watching everyone's move and seeing the different shops that were her I entered a small shop where they were working on different metals as I watched them strike the metal bending the shapes I couldn't believe they were still using a blacksmithing methond for stuff.
 
"Oh, hello there. Welcome to our little shop," a boisterous dwarven woman named Julisa stepped out from behind the counter. "Jörgen, a customer. Quit ye hammerin' an' come get his order!"

"Quiet woman! I'mma workin' on it!" A dwarven man said wiping the sweat from his brow, placing the hammer on the anvil and turning to the new visitor. "Aye, you're a tall one. What will be ye pleasure?"

*****

I turned over and woke up, scanning the room in my half dozed state. The man was gone. I sat up and jerked around, noticing he had left the front door ajar. "Oh fuck!" I cursed rushing to grab my boots and head out. I rustled my fingers through my hair and looked left and right.

I heard Mrs. Jaegersen down the street talking in her blacksmithing shop. "He wouldn't have wandered in there would he?"

I walked casually down the street and peered in their window, noticing that sure enough - he was there. I sighed walking in.

"Hello Mister and Missus Jaegersen! I see you found my errr.. cousin from... Oster...." I paused not wanting to give away his info until we find out for certain where he's really from... "From down south."

"Aye, he wandered in an' we were about to take his order, Annie!"
 
Back
Top