Treasure Hunters from the heart

"Oh you can bet that I'm seeing this alright."

Something in Will's voice made Tiffany look over her shoulder, Will had his camera stuck to his face and was focused on her ass.

"What are you doing?"

"Oh just enlarging my spank bank images."

She frowned, "You're joking right?"

Will gave her a grin and took a photo of the column.

"This proves that I didn't make an assumption and that nobody had ever bothered to look here."

"And that is your logic and you will stick to that?"

Will shrugged

"So sometimes I do research."

"You mean you steal research."

Will faked a shocked expression, "I have never stolen research in my life."

Tiff turned to face him, hands on her hips, "Oh really? What of the Hanzo scrolls?"

Will snapped a picture, "Now unzip a little bit down the front..."

Tiff tapped her foot and Will gave her a grin, "If you recall mi amor, I never took them from your collection. I only took photos."

Tiffany throws up her hands as if asking the gods to witness her plight. "It's the same thing!"

"No my dear, that is espionage. Stealing means I took it without permission."

Will walked closer to Tiff and motioned towards the door in the back, "What do you say we two go find an alter and I make you forget all about this?"

Tiff stared at him, but couldn't help herself and chuckled, "You are insatiable."

Will gave her a grin and unzipped the waterproof bag in the small of his back, "But since you asked and I like you enough to share my secrets with you."

He produced a book with a battered and worn cover, he allowed the camera to dangle from his neck as he paged through the pages and turned it so that Tiff could read his handwriting.

"I found that part in a journal of Jim Barfield. He had spoken with locals and noted some of their legends, I followed that lead and Dr. Karam Kamal-el-Din As-Sawy of the Cairo University allowed me to speak to some of his colleagues and faculty members."

He waited for her to turn the page and tapped on the conclusion, "And that is how I came up with this idea. You see? I didn't steal anything, except taking pictures of the Copper Scroll replica which is on display for everybody to see."

He gave Tiff a smile, "I may not change over night, but you do know that I am trying to be a better man right?"
 
Sometimes Will drove Tiffany crazy with frustration, but he was such a good, thoughtful, amazing man, she just could not stay mad at him. This was one of those times. A big sexy smile spread across her lips as she pressed him back against the ancient stone door.

“Will, you are not just a better man, you are the best man I know.” Tiffany said as she slipped her arms around him and kissed him with all the love and passion she felt. It was a kiss that left them both breathless.

“Mmmm, that was nice” Will said

“I agree” Tiffany purred. She pulled back from him a little. “I wish we could make love right now, but this cave has limited oxygen and there might be traps to kill tomb raiders in places.”

“Well, how about a blow job then?” Will asked with a sly smile.

“I’d love too, but what do I get?” Tiffany whispered in a sexy voice.

“Nothing… we don't have enough time for you to have an orgasm too” Will teased Tiffany.

Tiffany gave Will a hard push that slammed him back against the stone door “That comment ruined the mood!” she complained. Will hit the door and to prevent himself from rebounding and falling forward he grabbed the two thin stone pillars on either side of the door. This action activated the door opening mechanism and the stone door slide out of the way.

“It might have ruined the mood, but it opened the door!” Will pointed out.

“Oh brother!” Tiffany gasped in frustration.

The two treasure hunters shined their lights down the new passageway. The first few stones of the floor were missing having decayed over the years, revealing a hidden pit below the floor. Both Will and Tiffany could see the spikes in the pit.

They stepped over the false floor.

“What a nice way to welcome visitors, a pit full of spikes… I get their point!” Will joked.

“Ok, no puns. Just stop right now. We are not going to “fall” into that trap” Tiffany punned back.

“Yes, we need to “break way” from our normal routine. I’m just floored by how unprofessional you are” Will joked back.

“UGH” Tiffany said and they carefully moved down the passageway.

They reach a small room with a doorway flanked by two lion statues.

“More spikes” Will points out as the floor in front of the door looked different. They worked around the perimeter of the spike trap and pull the lever to open the door.

Tiffany and Will looked down a short hallway that ends forked. Above the right passageway in Hebrew was the word "Good" and above the left passageway was the word “Not Good”.

“Which way? Good… might be the right way, or another trick to fool tomb raiders.” Will said.

“I’m good…! You take “not good” Tiffany suggested laughing and spirited down the passageway on the right. She climbed up a stone stair case and jumped into an elevated crawlspace. She walked out on a ledge in the southeast corner in a large circular room, the copper scroll was in an alcove on the east wall. There was a ledge above it. Will appeared in the northeast corner of the room. There was a metal chain hanging from the ceiling. The floor was all spikes.

“About time you showed up” Tiffany commented.

“Hey, you started before me. Cheater! Plus I'm still carrying my weight belt” Will said in reply.

“This is going to be fun! Watch and learn” She said as she pressed her music player. This song started playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F90Cw4l-8NY

Tiffany took a running jump from the ledge and leapt across the chamber and grabbed the chain. As the chain swung, it hits it's longest arc, she let go and landed on the ledge above the alcove with the scroll in it. She laid down on the ledge and reached down to pull the scroll out.

“There is an inscription here… It warns of vengeance on those who remove the scroll” Tiffany yells back as Will. “Get ready to haul ass after I pull this out”

“Be careful!” Will yelled back.

Tiffany grabbed the scroll. But as soon as she did a rumbling started and the room started to crumble. A stone block moved up and caught Tiffany’s hand before she was clear of the alcove.

“Shit! I am trapped!” Tiffany yelled “Help me Will!”
 
Last edited:
"Watch and learn my ass. Look what happened to you and now you want my help."

Will shook his head in mock disgust and retreated back into the tunnel.

"Will there isn't time to retrace my steps!"

Her words still rang through the air when Will re-appeared, running full tilt with a spear in his hands. He stuck the point into the ground close to the edge, the blade scraping and then stuck into the rock, the shaft didn't break, nor did it bend. Will didn't want height, he wanted distance and his momentum along with the leverage from the shaft gave him the extra lift that a normal jump would not have been able to give him.

"This is not awesome!"

Will landed near the ledge and for a moment teetered and then managed to regain his balance. Slipping the weight belt from his waist, he used it as a hammer on the rock which trapped Tiff's hand as he sang.

"Stuck on you
I've got this feeling down deep in my soul that I just can't lose
Guess I'm on my way
Needed a friend
And the way I feel now I guess I'll be with you 'til the end
Guess I'm on my way
Mighty glad you stayed."

The rock broke under the onslaught of the soft lead and Tiff pulled her hand free. Will draped the belt over his shoulder, "Let's go!"
 
“Thanks for saving me… no time for a thank you kiss. Time to leave!” She said as she put the copper scroll in her carrying pouch. “Let’s go” Tiffany and Will both broke into a full run as huge blocks of stone fell from the ceiling. Tiffany jumped followed by Will. They both grabbed the hanging chain. As the chain swung to the other side of the room, Will pulled himself up to Tiffany and kissed her. “Always time for a kiss” He corrected her as the they let go and landed on south east ledge. Bits of rock were falling everywhere. A strong vibration rocked the chamber and more huge stone blocks fell from the ceiling. The rocks were followed by a massive amount of water!

“Water…. RUN!!” Will yelled as both of them raced down the tunnel where they had come. Behind them was a wall of water!! They took running jumps across the pits with spikes and ran through the stone door. Will grabbed the two stone columns and the ancient stone door rolled back into place. A wall of water smashed into the door but it held.

Will smiled at Tiffany and took a bow. “You can thank me for the rescue, the scroll, and my delightful company, whenever you are ready!” Will pointed out.

Tiffany grabbed him “Once we are outside… I will ride you like a wild bronco!” Tiffany promised Will and gave him another sexy kiss. The two put their air tanks back on and entered the water again. It was not long before Tiffany and Will were walking out of the dead sea. Their swim flippers in their hands, their swim masks on their heads.

The sound of several guns being cocked, caused Will and Tiffany to shine their lights to the shore line. At their small camp were 10 men all dressed in Bedouin garb, their riding camels nearby. Their guns all pointed that Will and Tiffany.

“Tiffany Barstow and Will Drake hand over the copper scroll” the leader of the group demanded.

“Who are you, people?” Tiffany asked as her hands went up in the air.

“We are the Jihad for World Liberation, The JWL. And we are tired of people stealing ancient holy artifacts and archaeological treasures from Islamic religion!” The leader said angrily to Tiffany.

“If we found any scrolls, WHICH WE DID NOT. They would be written in Hebrew, Dumbass! They are not Islamic scrolls.” Tiffany replied equally in anger.

“Remember, we talked about this Tiffany. We don’t call the nice man with a gun pointed at us... a Dumbass” Will said Tiffany.

“A Dumbass is a stupid person. It is a word used to express a low opinion of someone's intelligence. I think the word fits. I could have used blockhead, bonehead, dunce, dunderhead, fuckhead, numskull, or shithead. But my basic point is that person” Tiffany pointed at the leader “is not very bright!”

"TIE THEM UP... AND BE EXTRA ROUGH ON THAT BITCH!!" The leader screamed to his men.
 
Will knew that Tiff wanted to have a go at these guys, he placed a hand on her arm, forcing her to calm down and think. Those assault rifles wouldn't give them a chance. The terrorists separated them and started stripping off their gear.

"If you guys wanted a strip show, you should just have given us booze and..."

One guy elbowed Will in the stomach, Will grinned at him, then focused on the leader. "So how did you find us?"

The leader gave him an evil smile, "We had a chat with Martha."

Will could feel his heart skip a few beats, the blood feeling like ice in his veins, "You didn't."

The grin grew even wider, "Right now she is entertaining the beasts of the wild."

Will didn't reply, but his whole posture fell and for the first time in her life, Tiff saw Will close to tears.
 
Tiffany did not know who Martha was, but she could tell the woman was very important to Will. She wondered who the woman was and why Will had not told her about this person. The set of assholes pointing guns at them right now had made it sound like Martha might be dead.

The two big men stripping off Tiffany’s gear reached for her pouch with the copper scroll in it. Tiffany needed do something. “GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME!” Tiffany yelled. As she moved to get away from the two men. She felt one hand grab each of her shoulders.

“SHUT UP BITCH” One of them said. Tiffany tried to duck away but the other man grabbed her. His big hand was under Tiff’s chin and he lifted her into the air. He looked into her face. They were only centimeters apart.

“You’re not going to be so pretty after I’m done with you baby!” He growled. He backhanded her with his free hand and sent Tiffany flying through the air. She landed in the shallow water of the beach. Tiffany unzipped the pouch and tried to release the scroll into the water. But she was not fast enough. The second man reached her and kicked her in the gut. It was like he had kicked a football. She grunted in pain and was tossed onto the beach. The copper scroll rolled out of the pouch.

“So Ms Barstow… you lied. You did find the scroll!” The leader said. The two men pulled her to her feet and then one cocked his fist back and hit her right in the face. She saw stars… and then everything went black.

One hour later

Tiffany had an awful dull ache in both her arms. As she opened her eyes, she found herself dangling from a rope with her tiptoes almost touching the ground. She and Will, also hanging from a rope, were in the middle of a huge dark room. The only light came from a spot light directly above them.

“OH SHIT” Tiffany moaned as the light burned down on her. Her hair was plastered wetly across her forehead and face. Blood from her nose had dried on her cheek and neck. The painful pins and needles sensations in her arms was from being stretched above her head and tied together.

“Will” Tiff whispered as she tried to yank the rope off the ceiling. She was already trying to figure out a way to escape.
 
Last edited:
Will opened one eye and looked at Tiff, the eye swiveled around, peeking for any other person and then he opened both eyes. He had been severely beaten, but he still managed that cocky grin.

"Three things, you look hot in just a bra and diving shorts, remind me to give you a black eye and a bloody nose next time you want to get kinky, you are the smartest woman I know, but you do the dumbest shit and I am glad you caused that ruckus."

"That's four." She corrected him

He kept grinning, "Hey, you take multiple butts to the head and see if you can count past three."

She ruefully shook her head, "Why are you glad they hit me?"

"Allowed me to act all concerned boyfriend and get beaten up."

"Will only you will find getting beaten up as a good thing."

He gave her a condensenting smile, she hated that smile, it meant she overlooked something. Then it dawned on her, Will was not stripped to his underwear like she was.

"Yes indeed, never leave home without it."

Will dropped from hanging position and walked to Tiffany, he raised the small blade and started cutting her ropes.

"Where did you hide that?"

"In my watch. The clothing hosts other goodies. Like my naked body."

The both had to stifle a chuckle, but soon enough she was free as well and Will secreted the blade away.

"Will? Who is Martha?"

Will looked away and then sighed, "She's...she was my mother. I heard them talk while they dragged us in. They mentioned treating you like they did her. Torture first and then ask questions."

He sighed, "They left her in the bayo where their hide out is. Left her for the gators."
 
“Will, no… not your mother… oh my god…” She said stunned by the news. She felt bad that she had thought it was some other lover of Will's. It had been his mother. How horrible! She grabbed Will and hugged him. “I’m so sorry… We need to get out of here… we need to save her” Tiffany said with some determination.

“Tiff… realistically, she is most likely dead.” Will told Tiff. Will was trying to cycle through the five stages of grief. He knew he needed to keep his head in their present situation. Tiffany was on stage 1 of grief, denial and she was headed for anger. Bargaining, depression and finally acceptance were in her future. But he knew Tiffany and the anger stage was coming quickly. Meanwhile, he was experience many of the grief stages at the same time.

Tiffany released Will there was fury and fire in her eyes.

“These guys do not know what is come their way! If she is dead… they are REALLY going to regret their actions!” Tiffany said with a type of controlled rage in her voice. Anger is a corrosive emotion and needs to be managed carefully before it causes self-harm. Tiffany was channeling all her anger into hostile, aggressive, and extreme violent toward the terrorists who capture them.

She walked out of the overhead light and in the darkness of the holding room. She saw the door which led into this strange dark circular room. Will was close behind “PAYBACK TIME” Tiffany growled as she twisted the door knob and it opened.

“Arrogant fucks, thought the ropes would hold us” Tiffany said to Will. The fury she felt strained her voice. She WHIPPED the door open and stepped aggressively in the hallway. There were two guards there. The one on the right said to Tiffany “How did you...” his comment ended as Tiffany’s fist slammed into his face. There was a spray of blood and two teeth that came out as a result of her blow. Tiffany did not wait for his recovery. She grabbed the man’s machine gun and plucked his combat knife from his belt. She shoved the knife up under the man’s chin and up into his brain. He was dead in a second.

Will delivered a controlled throat strikes with a standard Karate Chop to the guard on the left. As the guard gasped for breath, Will grabbed the guard’s head and broke his neck.

“Let’s fuck these guys” Will said as his secured the dead guy’s weapons.

Tiffany and Will headed down the hallway, to a large room filled with more terrorists. Tiffany and Will were not in the mood to be stealthy. They boldly walked into the room and just unloaded on the men there. It took no time at all before all the terrorists were dead. Will and Tiffany could hear yelling and movement as more terrorists were coming to see what happened.
 
Will knew that bargaining would get them nowhere. In fact, he knew that they didn't have much time at their disposal at all. Terrorists usually operated in cells. No cell larger than ten. Already they have encountered more than twenty, and if he had to judge from the voices coming towards them, this had to be between three and four cells under a central leader. He tipped the heavy table over and dragged it to the furthest corner from the door.

"Will, that will make a poor barrier against bullets."

He gave her a grin and helped her collect a few more magazines, " I'm not worried about bullets luv, if they decide to lead with a flash bang or pineapple they will aim for the nearest concealment. Which will be the over turned table."

Tiff nodded her understanding and they both took shelter on the stairs, keeping their field of fire as open as possible while they covered themselves as much as possible and not a moment too soon.
 
Tiffany’s mind was back home, in the study of her family’s Manor, sprawled out in a red leather chair. On the table to her left was a mug of tea and a plate of scones—cinnamon walnut, fresh from the oven. Her mother had just brought them in. It was one of the fondest memories Tiffany had of her mother.

Had Will’s mother done something like this for him too? Most likely. Now there was a chance Will’s mother was dead! The animals which did it were coming into this room to kill her and Will. Her mind jumped to the present and ignored the bruises and pains she’d obtained in the last few hours.

When the group of terrorists burst into the room, they fell right into Will’s trap. They did not have any flash bangs, there had not been time to get them. They did have their guns. They all aimed and fired at the overturned table in the corner. The table was riddled with bullet holes in seconds.

Tiffany poked her gun around the corner at the same time Will did the same from the other hiding place. Both accurately and had quickly put down the remaining terrorists. It was almost too easy. Tiffany had many combat skills, but Will was the master. He was always out thinking the enemy.

As the last man’s brains spattered against the wall from Will's shot, Tiffany stepped back into the room.

“Good idea” She said pointing to the table that now looked like Swiss cheese.

Will gave her his cocky smile which said “I told you so”

“I’m going to have to listen to this story a few times, while we drink beer tonight” Tiffany grumbled. Will simply nodded his head in agreement.

“You know I really love you!!” Tiffany added as she grabbed him and hugged him. Kissing was hard because of all the bruise they both had on their faces.

One hour later

Tiffany and Will decided to searched the camp for the copper scroll and anything else that might be useful to know about this JWL group. Tiffany had not found the copper scroll. She had found many other ancient artifacts, however they had been altered. As an archaeologist, this made Tiffany mad. The artifacts could have provided a better understanding of history, now they were pretty useless. The Jihad for World Liberation were more in Tiffany’s cross-hairs in addition to what they did to Will’s mother.

Tiffany held up a piece of pottery as Will walked over to her. Tiffany couldn’t help but feel the item had survived 1000’s of years, and an excavation, only to be altered to tell a false version of history.

“I did not find anything. How about you?” Tiffany asked Will as she set the pottery piece down carefully.
 
Will dropped Tiffany's gear and clothing on the nearby table, he had dressed into his clothes and had his shoulder satchel over his shoulder. "As hot as you look, I think you will appreciate that find."

He produced his battered journal from his satchel, "They had tossed this aside, maybe they couldn't read my writing or have decided the scroll has more value in leading them to the treasure."

Will shrugged, "Only problem is, they can't get the original, I have it right here in written form, but without the scroll they have we are just as stuck. Unless you managed to have a peek at the scroll and I have a sneaking suspicion that you have."
 
“WHEN!!” Tiffany gasped in frustration “While my hand was trapped by the rock?? Or when I was running for my life when the cave was collapsing? Or when I was getting the shit beat out of me on the beach?” Tiff asked Will.

“Yep, any of those times.” Will answered with a knowing smile on his face.

Tiffany’s face softened. “Damn, you’re good” Tiffany replied in surprise.

“I just know how curious you are” Will answered as it was pretty simple deduction.

“I only saw a few words.” Tiffany started as she unzipped her swimsuit. Will watched as her large supple breasts pushed open the top part of her swim suit. “You don’t mind?” She asked him about her changing her clothing. Will gave a nod that said, it was just fine with him.

“As you know the first copper scroll listed a vast treasure. But the locations mentioned in the scroll were too vague to find any of it. However, in the final listing in the first copper scroll, it stated that a duplicate document existed with additional details. That other document has never been found.” Tiff said as she pulled off her top. She exposed her beautiful smooth large breasts, erotic nipples and medium sized areolas. She was a goddess of beauty even after being beat up and shot at. Tiffany started to unzip and pull off the lower part of her suit.

“Thanks for keeping me a-breast of copper scroll history. Most revealing. But one correction. We found that second document… we found the second copper scroll!” Will said with pride as he watched Tiffany strip in front of him.

“Yes, BUT… and this is a big BUT. If we don’t get the scroll back from those JWL ass-wipes, they will damage the scroll. It will be lost to history again.” Tiffany said apprehensively as she finished pulling off the lower part of the suit. She had turned slightly so Will saw her more from the side and back. Her long, soft, flowing hair ran down her back, She had the most magnificent, perfectly shaped “perky ass”. Will loved her gentle curves and slim waist. With her legs slightly spread his could just see a peek of her delicate sweet, pink pussy lips.

“Big Butt, I disagree. You have a nice butt!” Will corrected her. “Now what did you read?”

“Well, the few sentences I read implied the treasure was consolidated to prevent The Roman’s from finding any parts. It also mentioned the Ark of the Covenant and the “lost" tribe of Israel.” Tiffany said in excitement as she pulled her regular shorts back on.

Will continued to watch Tiffany beautiful form, but his mind was racing. “Lost tribe of Israel, there was a 1999 DNA survey linking the Lemba to priestly families in Israel. The Lemba claim the original Ark of the Covenant is somewhere in Southern Africa, maybe Angola.” Will said more to himself than Tiffany.

“Sounds like we need to make a trip!” Tiffany added as she buttoned up her safari shirt.
 
"You know Tiff, I will never grow tired of seeing you strip, but sometimes it is almost just as good to see you get clothed as well, especially when you are talking brainiac stuff."

Tiff gave him an incredulous look and he grinned at her, "But you have to get on your boots, we have a hike ahead of us. They took our Jeep as well.

A short while later the two of them sat on the back of a rattling and smoking pickup which seemed old enough to be of archaeological value. "What are you grinning at?"

Will kept his grin, "If you had smaller tits, you might have had a seat up front."

"That's funny?"

Will chuckled, "Yes! Even covering up as much as you can, still manages to arise jealousy in other women and make old men oggle you."

Tiff shook her head and they shared a laugh.

"So you suggest we head for Angola?"

Will shrugged, "We will have to find a definite clue, I'd hate to run around down there without knowing what I am after. And we need our malaria shots and medicine, but I get the feeling we might get answers. We might not find the scroll directly, but it will lead them in that direction as well."
 
“We were just in Africa with the Sect of the Two Gods assholes, now we are going right back. Can’t the crazy whack-job groups pick a nice place to hang out… like the French Riviera or Tahiti?” Tiffany complained as the truck bounced along the road.

Will just shrugged his shoulders “Africa is cradle of mankind” he pointed out.

“Well, Angola is the part of the cradle… filled with hot-humid weather, snakes, abundant minefields from the civil war, and ebola!” Tiffany said back to him.

“Lots of diamond mines!” He said with a grin.

Will's comments about diamonds triggered an old memory in Tiffany's mind. A very sheepish look came over her face as she told Will what she was thinking about.

“I hate to suggest this… but last I heard, Sir Rogue Cloven is in Angola. You remember him, Britain's leading archaeologist, clean-cut, boyishly handsome face, with a winning smile.” Tiffany said.

“Yes, I remember him… He also proposed to you… And just to save time, NO! It’s a bad idea” Will stated firmly.

Tiff gasped “You don’t even know what I’m going to suggest”

“Ok, go ahead” Will conceded, allowing her to continue.

“I thought we could use his location as a base camp. It is prefect. He has reportedly found another rock painting of the “white lady” dating back at least 2000 years ago. But that area is also where Lost tribe of Israel was reported to go. The painting might be a clue. Also knowing him, his camp will be very comfortable, no land mines!” Tiffany explained.
 
"Like I told you, NO IT IS A BAD IDEA. I know you Tiff and I know him. The moment you land in his camp he will start kissing your knuckles, telling you how beautiful and graceful you are, how he had missed you and within a week he will propose again."

He took a deep breath, "It . . . is . . . a . . . bad . . . idea . . . "

But he could see that Tiffany wasn't even listening to him, she had made up her mind. He sighed and shook his head. Sometimes she drove him crazier than he would have thought possible.
 
The flight took them into Dundo, Angola. The heart of Angola’s diamond region. Dundo was a large mining town in northeastern Angola. It lies only 15 miles south of the Democratic Republic of the Congo border. Founded near a site where diamonds were first discovered in 1912, the town was developed as a planned community privately operated by Diamang (Companhia de Diamantes de Angola). This international consortium, monopolizing the exploitation of the area until it was nationalized by the Angolan government in 1977. The area use to produce nearly 10 percent of the world’s total output of gem-quality diamonds. Angola’s civil war greatly reduced the area’s diamond output, but with peace, diamond production is again growing.

From Dundo, Will and Tiffany took a small river boat up the Luachimo River. The Luachimo river was an old river, with many twists and bends. Near the banks of the river was thick rainforest. Past the rainforest was rugged canyons and cliffs. The area was sparsely populated. After two days traveling up the river, Will and Tiffany got off the boat. Before them was a small path leading into the forest.

“This path should lead to Sir Cloven’s camp.” Tiffany said with a small amount of doubt in her voice.
 
"Probably air-freights all his equipment and supplies." Will muttered under his breath, adjusted his satchel and backpack. He sighed heavily, "Well let's take a look. Luckily we will be able to phone out if we manage to get lost."

He didn't want to say it, but the tracks were easy to read, it had been some time and the rains have washed away most of the track, but the scars were still on the trees. White man had come through here, but the jungle was taking back it's own. He started up the trail.

"Come along intrepid explorer, time to get those glute exercises you were moaning about."
 
Lush grasses, huge ferns, massive trees with vines stretched across the branches. Strange birds discussed Tiffany’s and Will’s hiking up the trail. The temperature was hot and humid. It felt like a greenhouse! The walk gave Tiffany a chance to think about what had happened to bring her here.

She was on another crazy, dangerous adventure. Will had figured out where one of the missing scroll from the famous dead sea scrolls was located. It was the 2nd copper scroll and it completed the story started from the first copper scroll. It told where a vast hidden treasure was located. It was a major archaeological find! However, the scroll had been taken from them, by a group called Jihad for World Liberation (JWL).

The JWL had been altering artifacts to support their crazy version of history. Tiffany hoped they would not alter the 2nd copper scroll. She was hoping they would try to find the treasure the scroll listed. But without the first scroll, it would be hard. They also learned that the JWL had killed Will’s mother. Will was still processing her death. He had been very stoic so far, but Tiffany knew Will had been troubled by the event.

On a clue from what Tiffany had seen on the copper scroll before it had been taken from her, they were in Angola. She decided to stay at Sir Rogue Cloven, Britain's leading archaeologist, camp. Will was not so sure about that idea. Cloven use to have a “thing” for Tiffany a few years ago.

The trail rose about 300 feet from the bank of the river and then headed from the canyon wall. It was at the base of the wall, where Will and Tiffany entered Cloven’s camp. The camp was large and well equipped, clearly the items had been airlifted in. Clean-cut, boyishly handsome, Sir Rogue Cloven, dressed in a traditional British explorer’s outfit, high black boots, khaki pants, white jacket and a pith hat!

It might seem silly, but he was so handsome, he looked dashing. He strode over to Will and Tiffany.

“I do say! What a surprise!” He said as he grabbed Tiffany’s hand and kissed her knuckle. “You look more beautiful and graceful than I remember” He gasped. Then he turned to Will. “And how are you doing old chap?” He asked Will.
 
Last edited:
Will was very tempted to give a scathing reply, but he was sure that the three of them already knew that he disliked Clover. He returned the hearty slap on the shoulder with a bit more gusto and a huge smile, "Doing just swell . . . old chap."

Rogue looked like a person who wanted to rub his shoulder, but also not wanting to show any sign of weakness before what was clearly his nemesis. So he smiled broadly, "Excellent! Excellent! Come, let me show you to your quarters, so that you can freshen up and we can discuss your little visit over dinner."

Sir Clover held his arm for Tiffany and she was forced to link with him as he walked through the very busy camp, where everything seemed to run like clock work. Will stared after the two, muttered a curse or two and then followed, hiking the strap of his bag into a more comfortable position.

"Ah Will, you will have to excuse me, this is the only accommodation I have for you!"

Will looked at the thatched tent and knew that he didn't have much to say, so he shrugged, "At least it has a roof to keep away the rain."

From Rogue's smile, he knew that if it rained, he would get wet. So he checked out the inside of the tent which was clogged with several crates and gear. Meanwhile Sir Clover lead Tiffany to a large, sturdy tent, "Unfortunately my dear, there is only this tent left. You won't mind sharing it with me would you? I can assure you that you will have all the privacy you require."
 
Tiffany

“Roger, I’m with Will now! I’ll stay in his tent.” Tiffany said loud enough so Will could hear it.

“Tiffany, I must insist, I would not be a proper English gentleman if I did not have you stay in the nicest tent. Please. I will be on my best behavior.” Roger said with a gentle smile.

Tiffany knew if she pushed him too hard on this issue, they’d be kicked out of the camp. It was put up with Roger or camp by themselves with the snakes/land mines. “Ok… but I’m with Will.” Tiffany said firmly.

“I understand” Roger replied but he had a satisfied smile on his face knowing he had won this little battle of wills. (Pun intended. LOL).

Tiffany and Will freshen up and walked together to the dining tent.

“Will, just try to put up with Roger for a few days. It will make our search easier.” Tiffany said to him. They entered the tent. There was a table set for 3 with white table cloth and real silverware. It was quite elegant.

Roger was reading the newspaper, but folded it quickly and stood up. He walked over to them. “Welcome” He said as he escorted Tiffany to her chair.

“I asked the chef to prepare Poulet à la moambé or chicken in a palm butter sauce. It is a local favorite. I believe the savory chicken dish is considered the national dish of the Democratic Republic of the Congo. It will be served with rice and saka saka, crushed and boiled cassava leaves.” Roger explained as a waiter came in and poured Tiffany and Will a glass of wine.

“I must say… you travel first class, Roger.” Tiffany complimented him as she took a sip of wine.

“A woman of your beauty deserves a first-class lifestyle.” He replied. It was a small dig at Will, as Roger had loads of money.

“I love the life style I have now” Tiffany said looking over to Will.

“Where ignorance is bliss, ’tis folly to be wise.” Roger replied.

“I can’t agree more, even if you just called me stupid. Let’s drink to it” Tiffany said as she clinked glasses with Will and Roger. Then she saw the headline of the newspaper.

Terrorist kill babies!!
Jihad for World Liberation (JWL) gunman kills twenty new born babies at French hospital in Paris. Authorities said terrorism was the motive. The gun-wielding man shot the babies at close range. He was shouting “Allahu Akbar -- God is great in Arabic” investigators reported before he took his own life.


“Can I see the paper for a moment” Tiffany asked. Roger handed her the paper. “Nasty Business” Roger commented about the headline.

Tiffany looked over to Will and said “We need to stop these assholes!” handing him the paper. Then she looked back to Roger.

“Roger, Will and I need to explain a few things to you. A few days ago, we recovered the 2nd copper scroll near the dead sea.”

“What! That is remarkable!” Roger gasped

“Bad news was these JWL assholes stole it. I was able to read a few lines on the scroll before it was taken. It stated all the treasure was move by the “lost" tribe of Israel. We think that means the treasure maybe here or there maybe another hint where they buried it here. Your find of a second “white lady” drawing might be a clue. Anyhow, we wanted to look around for a week and see what we could find. I thought you might still be here, so we stopped in.” Tiffany explained.

“I’m glad you did.” Roger replied his eyes only on Tiffany.

“What can you tell us about the 2nd white lady drawing?” Will asked, pull Roger's eyes away from Tiffany's cleavage.

“As you know, the first white lady drawing show white figures with black figures hunting Oryx. The largest drawing is of a white woman holding a bow and a goblet. Many theories exist to explain the drawing, from the simple assumption that white was just the color the bushman had at the time to the more complex theory of a visit of “white” people to this area of Africa.” Roger explained.

“The 2nd white lady drawing I found is similar. It shows a white lady among black and white figures, but they are not on a hunt. The scene is of a village and a religious ceremony. Most of the houses in the scene are simple huts, but in the background, there is a larger building. It is square with columns made of stone. The architecture of the building is similar to Herod's Temple or the second temple in Jerusalem.” Roger explained.

“That is an amazing find” Tiffany complimented Roger.

“So is the 2nd Copper scroll, just think of what we could discover if you and I were a team!” Roger suggested.
 
Will was basically comforted by Tiffany stating that they were together. In fact, he had never thought about it that way, oh sure they have had a lot of fun times and it did seem that Tiffany enjoyed spending the time with him. He just did not trust Roger. It had nothing to do with the fact he was basically drooling over Tiffany and doing his utmost to make Will look like an ass.

Will sighed at the last remark, of course he had riches to fall back on, but it just wasn't what he wanted. He wanted to explore, to be out in situations where he could test himself and bring back what the clients have asked for. Or in some cases, liberate what the clients have asked for.

"Too bad that you weren't there. Perhaps you could have memorized the entire scroll and knew everything there was to know about the contents."

He grinned, knowing that Roger didn't have the eidetic memory that Will had.
 
The Dinner

Tiffany enjoyed the chicken in a palm butter sauce. The dinner conversation however between Roger and Will was like watching a boxing match. Roger would say something disparaging. Will would come back with a dig at Roger. In some way it was flattering having two handsome men chasing after her, but mostly it was getting annoying.

As they finished the meal, Tiff change the subject back to their plans for tomorrow.

“Roger, I enjoy your exploration stories, but getting back to what we are doing tomorrow. Will and I would like to see your latest discovery. Then I’m afraid we must begin our own exploration of the surrounding area. I have a feeling, the JWL are up to something and our time is limited.” Tiffany stated.

“A jolly good plan, Tiffany." Roger said then he took a sip of wine. Then he suggested his own plan "However, might I suggest, you and I see the white lady and Will explore the surrounding area. Dividing our forces will speed up your tasks.” Roger countered.

“No” Tiffany stated firmly before Will could say anything. Then she appealed to Roger’s ego to get him to agree to her plan. “Your work is brilliant, and Will and I are always excited to see a major archeological find.”

Roger looked directly into Tiffany’s eyes “I cannot say no to such a lovely woman. I shall make arrangements for tomorrow. Please excuse me” Roger said and got up to discuss the plan with his camp manager.

When he was gone Tiffany talked to Will. “Will, I think there is a connection between the White lady and the second copper scroll. When we are at the site tomorrow, look for something Roger’s team might have missed.” Tiff suggested.
 
Will nodded

"I tend to get the same feeling about the White Lady. She's showing up in all the places or relative close enough areas we have been directed to in the scrolls. I think that you are correct, between the two of us, we might unearth something because I know what I wrote down in that little book of mine and I feel our answers will come if we are out in the field."

Will looked around and smiled, signing to Tiff that he expected the tent to be bugged

"I think we should get an early night and start early, there is sure to be a lot of work to be done and like you said, we don't have a lot of time."
 
The Dessert

Roger returned with the waiter close behind. As Roger spoke, the waiter cleared the table.

“It has all been arranged, the team starts early to beat the heat. You will need to be ready by 7 am. The camp’s food tent is open at 6 for coffee and breakfast.” Roger explained.

“Great!” Tiff said smiling. “Roger, this has been a fun evening. The food was great. Thank you so much.”

“You are so welcome.” Roger said looking into Tiffany’s eyes.

“Ok, well, both Will and I need to get some sleep. So if you’ll excuse us” Tiffany said.

“By all means” Roger said. Will got up and thanked Roger and then departed for his tent. The waiter turned down the lighting at the table. Making the place more romantic. He also refilled Tiffany’s wine glass.

“Ahh, no more wine” Tiffany said trying to stop him.

“I have prepared a special dessert for you” The waiter said.

“But…” Tiffany tried to protest.

Roger shrugged his shoulders “I had nothing to do with this” He stated. Tiffany’s eyes narrowed. She was pretty sure that was total bullshit. But decided not to challenge Roger’s honor. She pushed back in her chair slightly “The meal was wonderful” Tiffany said.

I’m glad you liked it. I’m also glad you and I have a chance to talk, alone. I was not joking before. You and I would be a great team. We would become the most famous archeologists since the Dr and Mary Leakey. Think of the advances in science we could make! The discoveries of our past.” Roger said

The waiter came back and placed the desserts in front of each of them. It was vanilla ice cream with butterscotch rum topping. One of Tiffany’s favorite.

“Oh, wow, ice cream in the jungle! With my favorite topping butterscotch rum! This is amazing” Tiff said. “Hey, how did the chef know that was my favorite… if you were not involved.” Tiffany asked.

“He must have gotten it from my story of our first date.” Roger claimed.

“I’m doubting your story” Tiffany said as she tried the ice cream. Then she said to the waiter “The ice cream is very good, thank you” The waiter smile and left the tent.

Tiffany returned to Roger’s question. “Roger, you are a nice man, and generous, but I’m very happy with Will. Please do not pursue me. We are friends… that is wonderful. I like being your friend.” Tiffany said.

“I understand. But you can’t blame me for trying, you are so beautiful and amazing, my desire to be with you overwhelms my reason.” Roger said.

Tiffany finished her bowl of ice cream. “Thanks again for a wonderful meal, but i must go to bed” Tiffany said as she stood up. Roger stood up as well.

“Can I at least get a good night kiss?” Roger asked.

“Ohhh, ok” Tiffany reluctantly agreed. They embraced and Roger kissed her. A lot more passionately than Tiffany expected. The lighting in the tent was so, that their kissing shadow was clearly shown on the tent wall. Will saw the shadow and their kiss!
 
Back
Top