Justice League: The New Wave (OOC - Interest Check)

I'd like to continue with Boy Blue, I liked how he was emerging as a character. Alternatively, I've been quite taken with Maui as a sort of cross between Aquaman and Beast Boy.

Open your eyes, let's begin
Yes, it's really me, it's Maui: breathe it in
I know it's a lot: the hair, the bod!
When you're staring at a demigod
What can I say except you're welcome
For the tides, the sun, the sky
Hey, it's okay, it's okay
You're welcome
I'm just an ordinary demiguy

Open your eyes, let's begin
Yes, it's really me, it's Maui: breathe it in
I know it's a lot: the hair, the bod!
When you're staring at a demigod
What can I say except you're welcome
For the tides, the sun, the sky
Hey, it's okay, it's okay
You're welcome
I'm just an ordinary demiguy

I BELIEVE what you were trying to say was, ‘Thank you.’
And your welcome!

Honestly the only real plot point to consider is that there is no / has never been a Superman in the story. The post-Doomsday thread can be a fresh start for new characters, or if you have a certain character in mind I can certainly give you some backstory for how they've fit into the story so far.

How about a Match? Halfway to Bizarro but still kicking enough to give Luthor the side-eye when he isn't looking.

So would we need an aside for the period of time that Match tries to wear Kara's life like a creepy skinsuit?

I'm torn between my run with th World's Finest Diana I had or a twist on the senior Canary that could dovetail nicely with someone running Canary junior......

Okay so my ideas for starting with Match are:

Kara is for reals dead(not just comic dead) and Match is Luthor's effort to supply the world with a replacement(either in secret or fully in the public eye i.e. press releases, protests, government permission, etc.).

Kara is comic dead and while all of the above is still in effect, outside forces bring her back while Match is being her.

Kara was only mostly dead and Lex has been secretly keeping her comatose body in his labs. Leaving Match waking up in some hospital somewhere believing she is Kara.

Match believes she is Kara before the Doomsday story arc and arrives on the scene like nothing's happened. Leaving Kara in Lex's labs (alive or dead) or still in her grave but about to arise from it.

Kara is for reals dead(not just comic dead) and Match is Luthor's effort to supply the world with a replacement(either in secret or fully in the public eye i.e. press releases, protests, government permission, etc.).

Kara is comic dead and while all of the above is still in effect, outside forces bring her back while Match is being her.

Kara was only mostly dead and Lex has been secretly keeping her comatose body in his labs. Leaving Match waking up in some hospital somewhere believing she is Kara.

Match believes she is Kara before the Doomsday story arc and arrives on the scene like nothing's happened. Leaving Kara in Lex's labs (alive or dead) or still in her grave but about to arise from it.

1477157576-0.jpg

I prefer comic dead over actually dead, but I'm on the fence about whether I'd have her body in the Fortress recovering, or recovering under Luthor's care. I'm slightly leaning towards the latter, as it would give us a bit of action later on when the Justice League members (and affiliates) would attempt to rescue her body.

Hmm would Luthor be capable of switching Kara for Match if she had been mostly dead in the Fortress of Solitude? Leaving Match to wake up where Kara should have been that way no one suspects a damn thing at first?

Hmm would Luthor be capable of switching Kara for Match if she had been mostly dead in the Fortress of Solitude? Leaving Match to wake up where Kara should have been that way no one suspects a damn thing at first?

That's the thing... I wasn't sure if I wanted Kara to end up in the Fortress at the start of the thread. I'm sure Luthor could create a clone with some of the DNA left at the end of the Doomsday arc, but having her physical body would certainly help them with the cloning process.

I kind of like the idea of the Motherbox being used to kick-start Superman's body, but i think they made a poor decision in making him dead-dead before it happened.

In retrospect, it's kind of a drag that Hotline never got to Dial up Bling! from The X-Men.

Back