Justice League: The New Wave (OOC - Interest Check)

Nubian_Legend

Really Really Experienced
Joined
Dec 7, 2014
Posts
402
We're on Piratepad. Follow a link here to groupchat
http://piratepad.net/gPmh8MsEXy

Justice League

The New Wave

This is something I've been thinking doing for some time now, There's been some murmurs of a new justice league cartoon in production based on the new 52 comics. While Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Superman, and Aquaman have been the face of the justice league since forever. I want to preface something. This is not about the old guard repackaged in newer form, rather this is about a new league lead by the new school. Which would be The Nightwings, The Supergirls, the Miss Martian's, the Aqualad's, the blue beetle's, the Raven's, the beast boy's, etc. etc.

I want to tell the story of the former sidekicks, now established supers in their own right, as they come to terms with their newfound powers and duties. You can think of this more or less a continuity of young justice, teen titans, and other projects. So here goes:

I'm looking for co-writers to compose an all new justice league from. Canons are of course fine, as are originals however please don't be the guy who tries to force a square peg fit into a round hole. Your original should somewhat reflect the setting they're apart of. There's plenty of other games to dump your irregular characters in and this would be fine, but please be mindful of the atmosphere I'm trying to create. Right now, I need a pair of co-gm's to help me get things coordinated. So if anyone would like to help me with that, leave a comment and I'll get back to you.

So tell me what you'd think of all of this, would this alternate take on the justice league be viable? would you be interested in playing it? Leave Your suggestions and Comments Below!




The New League
(Big 7 - Designation)

A1: The Leader -
A2: The Lancer -
A3: The Badass -
A4: The Lightspeed -
A5: The Emerald Knight -
A6: The Ranger -
A7: The Ironheart -
A8: -----+



Character Application
Alter Ego - What is your character's "everyday" name?

Alias - What is their "super" name?

Age - How old are is your character?

Appearance - What does your character look like? picture, Description, or both you decide.

Personality - What is your character like?

Gear (optional) - What items do they carry on them?

Power/ability - What does your character posses?

Weakness - Any weaknesses?

Bio - History of your character? (You decide on the length.)

Notes - Additional info? (Song, favorite color, ect.)

Aptitude & Powers

Intelligence
x/100

Strength
x/100

Speed
x/100

Durability
x/100

Power/Energy Projection
x/100

Combat
x/100
 
Last edited:
Well Nubian it is conceivable, I think if you get reliable co-writers it will work and yeah I'd like to participate.

Not to say I am available, just saying that it is not a bad idea and can work
 
Well Nubian it is conceivable, I think if you get reliable co-writers it will work and yeah I'd like to participate.

Not to say I am available, just saying that it is not a bad idea and can work

It looks like we're off to a good start then. Well, here's to success and longevity:).
 
John Constantine, I think could work. I'll allow him.

Cool. And if you need a villain I think I could do a pretty badass Joker. And maybe Jason Todd as red hood. He could be a villain or a hero depending on how you'd want me to play him.
 
Sure I would be interested in this. I would love to either play the speedster Impulse, or Beast Boy.
 
Alright. I'm not sure what to post lol. Everyone knows who Constantine is so what else can I say?
 
I was hoping we'd get a new big 3 filed(you know bat, kryptonian, amazon ) first then proceed from there. I have both a kryptonian and atlantean in mind, but I'd like to hear from some others about potential character arrangements. The thing about the justice league though, there can be more than one archetype on the team or any number of them. There's no limit on archers.
 
Last edited:
I was hoping we'd get a new big 3 filed(you know bat, kryptonian, amazon ) first then proceed from there. I have both a kryptonian and atlantean in mind, but I'd like to hear from some others about potential character arrangements. The thing about the justice league though, there can be more than one archetype on the team or any number of them. There's no limit on archers.

I'll do Jason Todd/red hood for the bat. If that counts.
 
Think more Damian Wayne.

Bruce's own son

Trained by League of Assassins

And if we do not let the Heretic kill him, he could easily become the next Bat.

I like this idea, I like it a lot...
 
"Destroy. Create. looking at the world through a laser beam, I sometimes wonder … is there really any difference?"

tumblr_nup8mi4Poe1u496xso1_400.jpg

tumblr_nw7zv5EqdZ1uu2a4qo1_540.png

tumblr_nw7zv5EqdZ1uu2a4qo2_540.png

tumblr_nw7zv5EqdZ1uu2a4qo3_540.png

tumblr_nw7zv5EqdZ1uu2a4qo4_540.png

tumblr_nufdg3T69c1u0cqb1o2_540.png




Alter Ego - Cory King/Val-Zod

Alias - Superman

Age - 25

Appearance - Val-Zod is a somewhat tall (6'3") kryptonian of Vathlo descent. He is characterized by his shield costume crest and steel-like blue eyes, traits all kryptonians seem to possess.

Personality - Val is a rather recluse, introverted type. He is a thinker, and at times he can be "too smart" for his own good. Val is characterized by his intellectual curiosity and innovative personality. On krypton he would most likely be suited towards science than warfare. Though that's not to say he's a pushover, unfamiliar with applying force. He just prefers not to be bothered with things that are "pointless". He has an innate talent for just about anything he puts his regard toward.

He can be quite witty in his own way and is fond of the carnal side of things from time to time, being a bachelor and all. He has an interest in exploration and understanding the universe.

Gear (optional) - None

Power/ability - I'm faster than a speeding bullet and I hit things hard, how's that for powers?

Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Val-Zod possesses the same potential powers as any Kryptonian. These include:

~Solar Energy Absorption
~Heat Vision
~Super-Hearing
~Enhanced Vision
~Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision
~Telescopic Vision
~X-Ray Vision
~Microscopic Vision
~Infrared Vision
~Flight
~Invulnerability
~Superhuman Stamina
~Superhuman Strength
~Superhuman Speed
~Superhuman Agility
~Superhuman Reflexes
~Super-Breath


Weakness - The usual weaknesses also apply here. Magic, red sun, kryptonite.

Bio - Power man or Val-Zod as he's more commonly known among his people is a young Kryptonian of Vathlonian descent. An island continent mostly inhabited by other dark skinned kryptonians, existing outside the planetary federation. Vathlo Island is described in records as a "a developed sovereign state that retained its independence throughout history and did not join the planetary federation, though good relations were maintained". By the time General Zod came into power, Vathlo islands were annexed. All subsequent children born to the islands were given the surname Zod and assimilated into the empire, though regarded as somewhat less than other kryptonians.

Val-Zod was one of the last kryptonian survivors stowed away in escape pods when the planet ultimately met its demise. While on Krypton. He was briefly in the custody of Lara and Jor-El and was raised alongside Kal-El , the man who would take up the title as the first Superman of Earth. His pod landed somewhere in the Atlantic where he presumably surfaced near the coast and civilization. there was a bit of local news about the mystery boy who was given the surname "King". He was around 5 or so at the time. Memories of krypton are hazy at best and appear occasionally.

Notes - N/A.

Aptitude & Powers

Intelligence
95/100

Strength
100/100

Speed
93/100

Durability
100/100

Power/Energy Projection
100/100

Combat
65/100
 
Last edited:
Alter Ego - John Constantine

Alias -

Age - 22

Appearance - https://pmchollywoodlife.files.word...s-john-constantine-ftr.jpg?w=600&h=750&crop=1

Personality - Snarky

Gear (optional) - a lighter that contains Hellfire

Power/ability - magic, supernatural knowledge, extreme cunningness

Weakness -

Bio - From a young age, Constantine sought refuge in the occult as an escape from his hard life. It didn’t take long for him to discover he had a gift for it, but he also learned the deadly price of the dark arts when his inexperience cost the life of another. Since then, Constantine has vowed mastery over the occult and the demonic creatures that seek to abuse its power. But in so doing, he’s also learned the hard truth about what it takes to stand against powerful dark forces—a willingness to sacrifice anything and anyone.

While Constantine prefers to bluff his way out of trouble by relying on subterfuge and slight of hand, he also never hesitates to lie, double-cross or hurt and betray those closest to him. But this apparent callousness masks an interesting truth about Constantine: If the fight against evil forces requires a willingness to sacrifice everything and everyone that you hold dear, then a hard attitude is likely necessary. Whether it’s due to a sense of self-loathing, a resistance to any sort of authority or a deeply hidden desire to do what’s right, Constantine is willing to make the hard choices…so that no one else has to. (I copied this from the DC wiki lol)

Notes -

Aptitude & Powers

Intelligence
High

Strength
Average

Speed
Average

Durability
Above average

Power/Energy Projection
High

Combat
Above average
 
If you still need people I can join in. If we're not demanding an actual Amazon because girl power I'd love to role with a male "Amazon" (I'll look it up. In DC the Greek Pantheon specifically Ares and Hercules have been confirmed. So Demi-Gods are already cannon and specifically deal with Amazons.)
 
If you still need people I can join in. If we're not demanding an actual Amazon because girl power I'd love to role with a male "Amazon" (I'll look it up. In DC the Greek Pantheon specifically Ares and Hercules have been confirmed. So Demi-Gods are already cannon and specifically deal with Amazons.)

To be honest, I'm looking for some female involvement. I understand there are Greek characters involved in wonder woman's mythological background and why your character would be plausible, but I really don't want someone to think they can't do an amazon for whatever reason. I'll allow it because I've already defined the no-one archer rule, but I really want a female to step up to the plate as this game's amazon. You know what I mean?
 
Last edited:
Oh I figured I just thought I'd toss it out there since I like the background it grants and it's gender flipped without REALLY being a forced gender flip. AT the very least it's supported by the actual cannon.

Besides I was kinda hoping we'd get a Star Sapphire instead of a Green Lantern, near as I can tell they are comprable in all important ways. Certainly enough that you can fudge around the edges and again flip the standard make up of the team without doing it for the pure sake of doing it.

And the one archer rule is there for a reason. You kinda either go with one or you build a team around a theme. AT least in my opinion. Either way I'll keep an eye on this.
 
Alter Ego - Karan Prince

Alias - Wonder Girl, The Amazing Amazon, , Girl Wonder

Age – 18

Appearance -
Gender: Female (Obviously)
Height: 5'6ft (167cm)
Weight: 130# (59kg)
Eye color: Blue
Hair Color: Blonde




Personality - Yet to be determined now that she is in the World of Man, and Woman.

Gear - Lasso of Truth, Indestructible Gauntlets

Power/ability

Amazon Prowess
Wonder Woman was trained at a young age. She has highly developed fighting skills and is an expert is armed and unarmed combat. She can use the sword, axe and bow. Her Kryptonian blood gives her enhanced hearing, vision, speed, Superhuman strength, endurance , and great regeneration properties. Flight (Powered by the sun, and her high spirits), Heat vision, Freezing breath, Extrasensory and visual powers, including X-ray vision

Magical and Physical Resistances
The Indestructible Gauntlets gifted to her by the Queen of Themyscira grant her a high resistance, but not an immunity to magic.

Lasso of Truth
The Lasso of truth is unbreakable and can confine beings as strong as superman. It also forces the victim to speak nothing but the truth. Even Wonder Woman.

Indestructible Gauntlets
The gauntlets were crafted from the remains of Kara's ship. They can easily deflect bullets and other projectiles as well as laser beams.
Weakness - Lasso of Truth, Strong Magic, Kryptonite.

Bio -
Born on the dying world of Krypton is tiny escape vessel was shunted through a wormhole that by passed time and space, when at last she crashed to the World called Earth decades had passed, and she arrived on a small island. Raised by the Amazonians there she was raised beside the Princess Diana, Daughter of Hippolyta.

Notes -

Aptitude & Powers
Intelligence: 80/100
Strength: 85/100
Speed: 85/100
Durability: 85/100
Power/Energy Projection: 86/100
Combat: 75/100

Your character is approved.
 
Back
Top