Dominion: A Tale of Wealth & Power

Hearing Prince Carl Gustav's reference to a "present for Karen," Mary turned to the girl and regarded her cute school uniform.

"Are you graduating already?" she asked. "Have you really gotten that old?"
 
"Are you graduating already?" Deputy Green asked. "Have you really gotten that old?"

"You make it sound like I'm ready to join AARP!" Karen laughed. "Yes, I am graduating next week, but what he was talking about is that today is my birthday. My eighteenth birthday."

She punctuated the final sentence with a wink.


 
Carl looked down the table at the deputy and smiled. "Yes Miss Green do please advise all liquor stores and nearby drinking establishments to stock up. Our little Karen has grown up and I suspect a great urge to party and let her hair down is going to erupt within her very soon. Oh so please inform all the young men as well," he said winking at Karen and tipping his glass in her direction.

He loved to tease the young lady especially as he knew of her wild side. If she truly choose to he doubted there were many people she could not get and most of those were seated around this table.
 
Gus had been smoking a fine Robusto in his workshop behind the mansion. He grimaced on hearing the explosion and muttering picked up a light and pocketed a small camera as well as some other tools.

Exiting the garage/workshop he walked along the drive to the front garden. "Nice. Semtex?" The brisance seemed right based on the cracking of the stonework that was damaged.

Gus pulled the digital camera from his shirt pocket and started taking pictures. "This'll be a pain in the ass to fix" he muttered, rolling the cigar out of the way as he took another shot.

Finished he stopped. Josephine had guests, was entertaining. He wasn't dressed exactly formally, but at least he was wearing a clean shirt and a newer Utilikilt. Still, his patron might not approve of him barging in.

No, better to go through the garage and meet one of the staff in the kitchen. They could get a quiet word to her as the coffee was served, and if she wanted to discuss this he'd be waiting and close at hand.

Besides Gus could use a good cup of coffee right now. Puffing away he made for the garage that entered into the kitchen, his grin getting larger. That new girl. Yeah, Samantha. Nice bottom on her.
 
Present Perfect



Josephine smiled at Prince Carl Gustav’s teasing comments about Karen.

“Karen has grown up and I suspect a great urge to party and let her hair down is going to erupt within her very soon,” he said to Deputy Green. “Oh, so please inform all the young men as well.”

“Very prophetic, Gussie,” she whispered as she set her hand on his upon the table. “Just wait until you see the present I have for our seemingly sweet schoolgirl.”

 
"Ah, Gus, there you are." Ian smiled in greeting at his counterpart. While Ian cared for the lawns and gardens, Gus took care of the mechanical and structual elements of the estate. "I trust you've seen the damage to the porch."

Ian shrugged and sighed.

"And douse that cheroot, old boy!" He added, then waved his hand in an arc encompassing Michele, Samantha, and the doorway to the dining-room. "
The Mistress has summoned us to attend her at dinner. It's probably about the explosion and I'd assume she'd want you there. Incidently, have you met the newest member of our staff? This is Samantha Kaylling. Samantha, allow me to introduce Mr. Ian August Stewart, better known around here as 'Gus.'"
 
Samantha made a cup of coffe for the guest and seeing another one of Josephines servants she smiled some and loking over to Ian as he also wanted to introduce her to him. She held out her hand to him as she then said with a smile her eyes roaming over him once.

"Nice to meet you you can call me Sam or sammy if you want umm would you like a cup of coffee as well or somthing to eat there is still alot over I cooked to much oh and some Chocolate strawberries are also still there....or should i make you a plate and take it with mein the dinning room for you to eat it there while the Jose.....Mistress speaks to us?"

She looked him over once and turned to make another cup done bending over to get a Tablett out of the cuboard she had seen earlier as she looked for all the things she needed to cook and then putting the cups on the Large tablett to carry all the cups in at once.
 
“Karen has grown up and I suspect a great urge to party and let her hair down is going to erupt within her very soon,” Prince Carl Gustav said to Mary. “Oh, so please inform all the young men as well.”

Mary turned to the young woman at her right and chuckled. “Is that right Karen? Need I warn 'all the young men' hereabouts of a rising sexual predator?”
 
oh

Mistress there is a not a man on earth worthy of her. Professor Edgeways handed A box to The mistress.
It was a rare Artifact from Swaziland. "Its a gold statue of The consert of king Sobuhsa from 1965.
He hoped the Godess would like it. Perhaps she would allow Samatha to help him get to bed.
 
Gus's eyebrows arced upwards. "We're meeting in the dining room?" He gestured at himself and shrugged. His shirt was clean but of worn denim. His utilikilt was brown duck and also worn. Tools and other bits and pieces of useful detritus pushed out from the pockets.

He listened to the introduction Ian made, and saw the woman Ian had pointed out stick her hand out to him. A hint of a grin appeared on his lips and he grasped it with his. "Nice to meet you finally Sam. And yes, a cup of coffee would go well right now. And thanks but I'll stay with just the coffee."

Gus gestured with his still lit cigar and said to Ian "Okay but wait one."

Walking back into the garage Gus pulled out a folding blade from inside his boot top and brushed off the ash and still smoldering portion off the end of his cigar into a can of sand he left for just such a purpose. Making sure it was out the cigar was carefully left in its chosen hiding place as Gus grumbled "Too damned expensive to just crush out and leave. I'll come back to it and finish when we're done."

Tucking the folded knife back into his boot top Gus re-entered the kitchen. As he walked in Gus saw Sam bending over to pick up something from a cabinet. A grin grew on his face as he watched her, the material of her dress growing taut over her hips and bottom. Turning slightly towards Ian he saw his counterpart also taking in the view. "Shall we go see what the boss wants from us Ian?"
 

“Is that right Karen?” Deputy Mary Green asked. “Need I warn 'all the young men' hereabouts of a rising sexual predator?”

Smiling devilishly, Karen took a sip of wine. She then looked Deputy Green directly in the eyes and replied. “Why do you think you should limit your warning to just 'men'?”
 
Memories of Nkhotfotjeni





“It’s a gold statue of the consort of King Sobhuza.” Dr. Edgeways explained as Josephine opened his gift.

“Oh my goodness, which one?” Josephine chuckled, but her smile showed she appreciated the gift. “He had so many! You know, I first met the Ngwenyama at his Diamond Jubilee. I was just a high school girl then, but he took a special interest in me. I shall cherish this statue. Thank you, Samuel.”

She leaned over and kissed him on right cheek.




 
Birth

The Godess had kissed Him! Professor Edgeways was as crimison as a sunburn. "This was from his third consort whose father was the district commsioner from Bastuoland. I also have a gift for the birthday girl, he smiled, putting his hand into his pocket. He took out a solid sliver statue. The mistress tolkd me you like momentos. " Hopefully he had pleased them both
 
"Shall we go see what the boss wants from us, Ian?" Gus suggested as he returned to the kitchen.

"I suppose we better had," Ian agreed. He turned to the girls, Michele still in just a robe and Samantha in the traveling suit in which she'd arrived. Only Ian himself had had the opportunity before the explosion to change into the formal attire Josephine normally expected. "Although, I'm afraid we're a sorry looking lot. Are you ladies ready?"

Not waiting for an answer, he led the way to the dining room.

 
“Need I warn 'all the young men' hereabouts of a rising sexual predator?” Mary asked the young woman at her right.

Smiling devilishly, Karen took a sip of wine. She then looked Mary directly in the eyes and replied. “Why do you think you should limit your warning to just 'men'?”

Mary instantly felt a warm yearning emptiness between her thighs. Few things could render Mary, an outgoing and experienced law enforcement officer, speechless. Karen's nubile sensuality had just done so.
 
As Ian led the way into the dining room Gus leaned towards Sam and quietly said "Thanks for the coffee. Nice of the boss to bring someone on board who can brew a decent cup." He grinned then motioned telling her "Better follow quick."

He allowed Michele and Sam to file in behind Ian, enjoying the view of the two ladies striding into the dining room.

Mentally he made notes. Find out if Josephine was going to call in the cops - she would probably have to if she was going to file an insurance claim. Maybe not. Next was pull Ian aside as Gus wanted a look over the area at first daylight. He wanted to gather what bits and pieces of the device before they got trampled on.

Oh crap - wasn't that an older patrol car he'd seen in the drive when he looked over the damage? Curious. Locals probably thought it was a prank, sent someone to check it out. Either it's unmarked and a detective but more likely one of the coppers bought it when it was retired from service and stopped on the way home. Lax but probably good from his point of view.

Next. What the hell was the boss going to do about this.

Last. That Sam had a nice walk to her, didn't she...

Gus was the last one through the doorway and he stayed in the background as he surveyed the room. "Full house" he thought to himself.
 
Last edited:
Sam smiled at Gus as he whispered thanks for the coffee she noded some whispering back.

"Your welcome and if my Coffee was so good then youll have to try my cooking.."

She said sticking out her tongue playfully and then smirk, she jumped to follow Ian with the tray in her hands with all the guests coffee while she walked right infront of Gus in the line she tried to sway her hips a bit more to tease his eyes or at least give him somthing to look at.

Walking in the dinning room she smiled bowing lightly to each of them as she then setn their coffee before them and without saying anything she went on to the next and the next till she had all coffees passed around then went to stand next to the other three again to see what their Mistress wanted from them.
 


Michele reentered the dining room and took her proper place behind Josephine's chair, and far enough to the right that Josephine could easily issue commands to her over her shoulder.
 
Gus wanted to lean against the door jamb and light another Robusto. He didn't of course. Ian would be cross, and the boss would have words later. Best not. He'd shrug Ian off but why tick the man off, and he liked working for the boss. So he stayed back and watched the tableaux unfold.

His concentration was more on Sam. Not just enjoying watching her; the minx actually stuck her tongue out at him. And her walk was certainly... enlightening.

No, more to see how the guests react to her serving them. Gus had an ingrained habit of watching people, it was something he had found useful early in life.

The guy in the wheel chair, what's his name? Yeah, Edgeway,or was it Edgeways. He's concentrating on Josephine. Sam was merely a nuisance.

Karl - okay okay he's got some long ass name but come on. And yeah here in Wisconsin he's Carl but back home. It's Karl. He's noticing her, but his attention is riveted on the boss. He looks like he wants to pat Sam's bottom but he's afraid of offending the boss. The thought goes through Gus "Besides my man, if anyone is going to pat Sam's fanny it's going to be me. Sticking her tongue out at the one guy keeping this place going..."

The cop. More interested in Karen than anything else. Can't blame her as the younger lady fills out that school girl setup very nicely indeed. Sam does pour a mean cup of coffee. Too bad neither of the ladies seem to be paying attention to her.

Out of the corner of his eye Gus saw Michele's look at Sam. "Oh, now that is interesting." He wanted to grin. He decided not to get on anyone's short list and kept it off his face.

Leaving Ian and Michele at their rightful places. Glad I set the coffee cup on the counter as we left the kitchen. Okay boss lady, you got everybody here. What's the play?
 
Gifts





“I also have a gift for the birthday girl,” Dr. Edgeways added after relating the origin of the gold figurine he’d given Josephine. He took a solid statue from his pocket and held it up so Karen could see it from the far end of the long dining room table. “The Mistress told me you like mementos.”

Before either Karen or Josephine could comment, the staff came in from the kitchen. Josephine smiled at Gus Stewart, whom she always called “Augustus,” adding a syllable to his middle name. She welcomed the inclusion of her eccentric mechanic in the coming ceremony.

“Samantha,” Josephine said to the new chef. “Be a dear and deliver Professor Edgeways’ gift to Ms. Callingwood.”

As the girl moved to comply, Josephine turned to look over her right shoulder at Michele. “My gift for Karen is in the top drawer of the buffet, Pusscake. It’s the long, thin box in gold paper. Please take that to her on my behalf.”






 
Carl smiled at the goings on around him playing the bored noble again but in truth he was keeping his eyes on everyone. He had relaxed back in his chair and was mainly looking at Josephine as he should, she was the hostess and his equal after all, besides which she was absolutely gorgeous.

However he made sure he occasionally glanced around and observed everyone else. Karen seemed to be enjoying herself immensely and he was mortified now that he could not give her his gift as it was still in his suitcase and he did not want to send one of the girls up to get it. He would have to give it to her later in person.

Ian seemed to be a bit uncomfortable about something but was putting on a brave face and both Sam and Michele had fallen back into the role of servants. He made sure to give them a smile and a wink when he was sure no one was looking.

The professor was once again ignoring nearly everyone at the table except for Josephine and try as he might Carl could just not warm up to the man. There was just something almost stalkerish about him. However for Josephine he would tolerate him.

As usual Gus had refused to really enter the room and was slouching around on the fringes. The amount of times Carl had actually seen the man actually inside the house could be counted on one hand. He preferred to be out in his workshop tinkering. Only a direct order from Josephine could have got him in here. It was strange to see him without one of his cigars in his mouth either. The man might look a bit scruffy but he was a whizz. When Carl had wanted to add the extra security he had been able to do it mostly himself. He also insisted on doing nearly everything himself then complaining about it. Carl often chuckled about it but only to himself. He knew that there was another story behind that man and he was not sure if he really wanted to find out about it.

Which of course left Officer Mary. It looked like she was trying her best to rattle young Karen but was getting rattled herself and if he was any judge of a lady a little aroused in the process. Maybe they would have another guest for the night if this continued he chuckled.

Looking around he saw that most people had a drink as well as a coffee and he decided with the way things were going he ought to make it official. Standing up he cleared his throat and looking at Ian he bowed slightly. "With your permission Sir I would like to propose a toast. I have known Karen for a number of years now and have watched her go from a gangly youth to the beauty we see here today. From what both Josephine and Ian tell me she is a bright young girl who is going to be able to do anything she set's her mind on, so to you Karen I wish you a Happy Birthday and Congratulations on your graduation and good luck in all your future endeavors. Cheers."
 
Samantha looked at Gus once more while she was pouring the guests some coffee smirking at him some as a thought passed her mind. She then heard Jospehine call her and tell her to bring the present from the Proffessor to Karen she smiled and then said softly.

"Yes Ma'am as you wish"

She then walked over to the proffessor and took the gift softly and slowly from him and brought it over to Karen. She also wished Karen the best of things in life and lots of Fun with a smirk as if saying she knew what she had ment.

She then set the coffee down on a little table on the side of the room and then went and stood infront slightly tot he side of Gus looking once over her shoulder to him and whispered a question.

"want more coffee or are you alright for the moment?!"

Quiet enough that only he could hear her sweet voice before she then just looked over to Josephine and then past her to Michele with a smile and waited for his answer.

Her eyes once more roamed the room to make sure the guests were all happy with what they had or if anyone wanted somthing else.
 
"My gift for Karen is in the top drawer of the buffet, Pusscake,"Josephine reminded Michele. "It’s the long, thin box in gold paper. Please take that to her on my behalf."

As Michele retrieved the gift, Samantha delivered Professor Edgeways' present to Karen while Prince Karl Gustav toasted her eighteenth birthday and high school graduation.

Then Karen laid the gold wrapped box before Karen. "Happy birthday, Ms. Callingwood, with the compliments of my Mistress, Lady Josephine."



 
Gus saw the smile from Josephine and nodded back. He leaned against the door frame and hooked the thumbs of both hands lightly into the side pockets of his kilt keeping his eyes on the room.

Sam had finished serving the coffee and then got some present from the professor and bring it to the young lady in the school girl rig. Karen, yeah. Karen. It was an experience watching Sam accept the present from the man in the wheelchair. As if it was a priceless work of art. Well in this crowd who knows.

Then carefully bringing it to the girl seated next to the cop at the table. Her head slightly bowed but that mischievous smile on her face. Yeah, that's what it was about Sam Gus decided. Angelic and quick to acquiesce to authority - yet there was a hint of insolence, or maybe just sass. And she clearly had her way of wrapping people around her little finger...

Gus noticed it was both Carl's and Michele's eyes that watched Sam deliver the present from Edgeways, then put the silver coffee service onto the sideboard. Carl got busy at the table and it was Michele who watched Sam walk - no. Not walk. That complicated thing that women do. It's not walking, it's not strutting. Her eyes showed - surprise? Amusement? As Sam turned to stand in front of him.

He heard Sam's whisper, that smile on her face as she looked at him. He waited until she faced towards the table, then leaned just enough forward to ensure only she'd hear him.

"Good for now Sam. But I think after we're dismissed I'm going to want some bourbon to go with another cup. Join me?"

Gus had timed it perfectly. Before Sam could react Carl had stood and began his toast to Karen. Gus sort of paid attention to what was being said and done. His forebrain was more interested in the slight scent of perfume from the woman standing in front of him, the curve of her neck as it rose from her dress. "Damn" he thought to himself "this could end up... Interesting."

He grinned and looked back at the table.
 
Last edited:
Anticipation


Karen found herself the center of attention. She liked it.

“To you, Karen,” Prince Carl Gustav raised his wine glass. “I wish you a happy birthday and congratulations on your graduation and good luck in all your future endeavors. Cheers.”

Samantha delivered Dr. Edgeway’s gift, a silver figurine. Michele set in front of her a long, narrow box wrapped in what appeared like actual gold leaf.

“Happy birthday, Ms. Callingwood,” Michele added. “With the compliments of my Mistress, Lady Josephine.”

In reality, Karen had far more interest in this latter present, wondering what the oddly shaped package contained. A natural tease, however, she wanted to make Josephine suffer as much anticipation as she herself did. So, she ignored the gold box for a moment, and instead picked up the silver statue.

“Tell me, Professor,” she said as she examined the memento. “What have we here?”
 
Back
Top