Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Online Role Playing

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 05-15-2018, 04:49 PM   #26
ManInTheLoft
Experienced
 
ManInTheLoft is offline
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 90
This evening:

"Where're Andrew and Sasha?" Pablo asks Valerie as he and Frank are inventorying the pillaged goods from the ice cream parlor. "This ice cream's gonna go bad tonight, so ... if they're planning on getting some--"

Valerie can't help but chuckle, thinking They're getting some right now.

"They needed to talk about what happened over there," Valerie lied convincingly. "Sasha says it was horrific ... her word, not mine. She just needs to talk about it with Andrew, 'cause he was there."

Her cover story works, and no one questions the fact that the two young adults who have spent the last day and a half flirting with one another are off in a bathroom together.

"I want to go across again," Pablo says. He tells about one last thing he wants to pillage, asking Valerie, "You up for it?"



Later:

Pablo and Sasha have put together beds, in the office for the girls and in the garage for the boys. They are made of the pads from the ice cream parlor's booths, with stuffed animals of the parlor's mascot animal -- a fat little panda -- at one end of each bed, serving as a pillow. The located another blanket, a large coat, and an emergency heat blanket in a first aid kit. It's not much, but it's enough to keep warm the people who are sleeping while the others are standing watch.



Morning:

"So, we did an inventory last night while you and Sasha were talking," Valerie tells with a knowing smirk. "We're looking much better, though, we still need to go back to the ice cream parlor for those nuts."

"So, here's what we've got," Pablo begins..........

*************

Statistics

This will serve as you Statistics Page. I will update it often and repost it below as needed to make it easily accessible at the game proceeds. Feel free to look back on the most recently posted Stat Page.

Do you have an image for Andrew? Not necessary; just asking.

Food:
  • 50 servings.
  • Not well balanced; mostly carbs.
  • Health will begin declining in 15 days if your diet doesn't improve.
  • More food, including protein, is available in the ice cream parlor. (Perhaps 120-260 servings.)
  • There may be more food available in nearby markets or other non-market buildings.

Water/Hydration:
  • City water is still available.
  • 40 gallons are bottled in the garage.
  • 50 servings of fruit juice.

Weapons:
  • 12 gauge shotgun; 14 rounds.
  • 9mm Glock; 2-9 shot clips.
  • Valerie's gun shop is on the block kitty corner to the strip mall, which is across the alley from the garage.
  • A variety of bats, clubs, and sharp edged weapons constructed by the Team.
  • Presumably, there are also weapons and ammunition out on the streets someplace, abandoned by deceased National Guardsmen and police.

Andrew Cross -- Leader (PC)
  • Age: 29.
  • Mechanic.
  • Heterosexual; single; no children.
  • 2 years military; two years college.
  • No family in area; father and mother in Europe; sister in Australia.
  • IT training, basic mechanical experience.
  • Loves camping; avid bow hunter.
  • Combat and Killing Experience: none against humans; first kill against Zeeks was 2nd day of Game (in which he acted skillfully).

Sasha Michaels -- NPC.
  • Nude pic
  • Age: 24.
  • Assistant mechanic.
  • Frank's niece.
  • Combat and Killing Experience: first kill against Zeeks was 2nd day of Game (in which she was panicked but performed well; she'll do better from here out).

Frank Michaels
  • Age: 52.
  • Mechanic; owner of the garage.
  • Sasha's uncle.
  • Bit of a grouch with a cynical side; scared of this whole Zeek thing and won't take chances unless necessary to protect his niece.
  • Combat and Killing Experience: he was in the army overseas during the 1980s, but he won't talk about it; hasn't yet killed any Zeeks.

Pablo:
  • Age: 32.
  • Chief mechanic.
  • Courageous, brave, loyal; will protect the others with his life.
  • Combat and Killing Experience: none yet, but he won't hesitate.

Valerie:
  • Age: 28.
  • Owner of the gun shop down the block.
  • Lesbian. (I only note it to point out that she won't be fucking the guys in the Team.)
  • Combat and Killing Experience: none, but she has trained with guns since her teens and won't hesitate to get the job done.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2018, 09:52 AM   #27
TertiusHuman
Literotica Guru
 
TertiusHuman's Avatar
 
TertiusHuman is offline
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: South Africa
Posts: 1,981
The night had passed quite uneventful, which was a good thing. I needed the rest. Bright and early Valerie informed me of the stock we had I had to admit that we were looking a bit better. I retrieved the first aid kit from which the heat blanket had come and added it to the pile, "We will have to work on getting more of those as well."

I looked out of the window, "We need to get to your shop, bigger guns might not really be the answer, but having them will help when things go sideways."

I absentmindedly took a bite out of the sugar cone that was part of my breakfast, I grimaced. "I know it is food in a pinch, but we need proper food. I feel like a kid locked in a candy store."

I finished the cone and washed it down with water. Pablo was tinkering away, Valerie stood vigil and I had no idea what Frank and Sasha were up to as they sat together and talked. I climbed up to the roof and noticed that the Zeeks practically just stood around. They didn't move about at all. I drew a piece of metal from my pocket and tossed it into the street. As the sound of clattering metal rung out, the Zeeks came to live. Storming into the general direction of the sound.

I retreated into the garage, I found Pablo making a very intimidating looking spear. "Hey Pablo, you have any experience with making make-shift explosives?"

He paused and shook his head, "Maybe Frank?"

As I turned away, Pablo called me back.

"Here try this one."

He handed me a crude, but sturdy-looking machete. I took a practice swing and nodded, "Looks and feel viscious."

He grinned at me and turned back towards his latest project. I headed over to where Frank and Sasha sat, "Hey Frank, any experience with creating I.E.D.'s?"
__________________
No dark shall prevail, no dishonor respected and no weak go unprotected

Writing profile
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2018, 11:07 AM   #28
ManInTheLoft
Experienced
 
ManInTheLoft is offline
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 90
"Improvised Explosive Devices," Frank murmurs as if simply reminding himself of the acronym's meaning. He tells Sasha softly that they'll finish talking later, then stands before you. "Sure. In my day, we just called them mines or booby traps, but sure ... given the right chemicals, triggers, and containers, I can make some IEDs. Are you wanting something you can throw as well? Like Molotov cocktails. That's as easy as making vanilla pudding."

The two of you talk, and afterward Sasha comes up to tell you in whispers, "Frank's scared. I don't think he's ever gonna leave here. Just wanted you to know that. Unless we can find a totally secure way to get him from here to where ever it is we're going, be it Valerie's gun shop or where ever ... I don't see him coming with us."

Valerie had been nearby, and hearing the two of you she gives her advice. "I think we need to make a run for my shop now. During the daylight, when we can see everything clearly. And, I have an idea. It'll be noisier than trying to sneak on foot, but I think it will be faster, safer."

She points to a small deliver van in the parking lot, the type with the walk through from the driver's compartment to the cargo section and a roll up door in the back. "If we could all reach that, or just two or three of us ... back it up to my gun shop right in front of the roll up security gate, we could slide the back door up and I could open up the shop and we could all get inside."

"There's gonna be a gap at each side of the van," Pablo warns. Although he's seen no example of the Zeeks trying to crawl under anything, he warns, "And underneath."

The conversation gets animated, about how it could be a great idea or be the death of them all. But the others all look repeatedly to you for leadership.

Frank, who had wandered off to take a piss, comes back still putting his belt back together to announce, "We got a problem. The water ... there's no pressure. No flush in the urinal, nothing in the sink."

As you are coming to your conclusion about what to do, Valerie approaches you. "Listen, I know we're just trying to survive the day right now, but ... I've survived all these years ... orphaned at 6 ... abandoned again at 9 ... foster care and state homes and--"

She stops, just before she says the word abuse. She doesn't need to be telling people who are still essentially strangers to her that she'd been mentally, verbally, physically, and sexually abused as a kid, teen, and young woman.

"I've survived by learning to think long term," she continues. "After we get some more weapons and some more food and find a bit of security ... maybe figure out how to kill off these fucking creatures ... we still have to go on ... to live ... long term."

She points to a poster on the wall of the office. On it is a photograph of the local soccer stadium and upcoming year's schedule. (Pablo had planned on playing for the minor league soccer club there, but he'd sprained his ankle and had become a part time assistant coach instead.)

"They aren't done with it yet," Valerie continued, explaining that the artificial turf field in the photograph was actually computer graphics; the field wasn't to be laid out for another 6 weeks. "But the stadium is secure, with crowd control gates at every exit and walls 10 feet or higher around the entire perimeter. It has bathrooms, showers, concession stands with grills and refrigerators ... not that they have power or anything, but ... we might be able to figure out some kind of power in the long term. The field right now is just dirt, waiting to ... well, whatever they do to lay down an artificial field."

With even more excitement, she continued, "We could farm it! Plant crops ... what ever kinds of seeds we can find. Remember that movie "The Martian", where the guy, that actor, what's his name--"

"Matt Damon," someone said, listening in.

"Yeah! He grew potatoes in his own poop," Valerie continued. "I'm not saying we plant spuds in our own crap, but... I don't know, I just ... I just always wanted to be a farmer."

Valerie steps up closer to you and says with a sincere tone, "Just ... think about it. Everyone's looking to you for leadership. If you think it will work ... they'll follow you. Hell, I'm a lezzie feminist who doesn't need a man for anything and I would follow you!"

She laughs and heads off to join Sasha, who calls to her for some help.

What do you decide to do?
  • Wait longer; research more; build more weapons; fuck Sasha before getting yourself killed?
  • Go now on foot?
  • Go tonight on foot?
  • Go now in the van?
  • Go tonight with the van?
  • Other?
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-17-2018, 12:17 PM   #29
TertiusHuman
Literotica Guru
 
TertiusHuman's Avatar
 
TertiusHuman is offline
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: South Africa
Posts: 1,981
"I got a lot of chemical compounds at the hair salon."

I took Frank to where the seemingly worthless bleaches, hair sprays and other various hair products stood. I knew from the light in his eyes, that he could use it.

"We have various containers and Pablo can make some more if needed."

I motioned to the cars, "We have wiring, electrical components and batteries. So triggers we have. I just need your experience with creating these."

Frank eyed me warily, "How do you know I have experience?"

I tapped his left bicep, "Saw the slogan of the tattoo. I know you guys don't like to talk about what you did and I am not going to push it. I just want these explsives as fast as possible. It will be our only shot to get into Valerie's shop."

Frank nodded and moved away. I turn to see Sasha coming up to me. Man I did like to see her walk to or from me. I nodded at her words, "I will not leave him behind Sasha. As long as he is safe here, he can remain, at least we will know where to run to if we do need to run."

Valerie shot her ideas and I just stood back and listened. I was beginning to get quite good at this, listen to everybody and combine their ideas into a working one.

"Valerie I have to admit that I love your idea. It gives us cover and will prevent us from getting swamped. But Pablo does have a point. It has risks."

I motioned to Frank, "He is cooking up some explosives for us, I noticed how the Zeeks love to go after loud noises, so while Frank draws their attention by detonating the explosives, it will dwarf any noise we make as we head for Valerie's shop. I think as soon as Frank have at least six explosives ready, we should go for it. Frank you need any help?"

Frank commandeered Sasha and Pablo up for help, leaving Valerie and me behind. I turned to her.

"Long term, I have to admit that your plan has merits. If we can raid the countryside for a cow or goat or two and some chickens, I am sure the library would be able to give us enough info on how to run a rudimentary farm and hopefully we can get more people to help us secure the stadium."

I patted her shoulder and got up, now that the time was drawing near to venture outside again, I had to admit that I felt apprehensive.

"If you see me get jittery out there, don't worry about it. It won't last."

I headed for the juices and got two, sipping slowly at them as I watched the explosives taking shape.
__________________
No dark shall prevail, no dishonor respected and no weak go unprotected

Writing profile
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-17-2018, 10:08 PM   #30
ManInTheLoft
Experienced
 
ManInTheLoft is offline
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 90
The day passes with a lot of activity:
  • More food (another 100 servings), including the protein-rich nuts, is retrieved from the ice cream parlor. That pretty much taps out the parlor. (The other two shops are yet to be searched, but do they hold any promise?)
  • Frank fashions a variety of IEDs and Molotov Cocktails.
  • You test one of each design by tossing them off the roof. They all perform well: the fragmentation bombs rip through Zeeks, killing and maiming; while the incendiary ones set Zeeks ablaze. (Although burning doesn't always kill, Zeeks who are seriously burned become unable to move well or at all.)
  • Pablo creates a couple of dozen spear-like devices, enough that the group might not even need to withdraw them from their victims if they get stuck in bone or flesh. "Stab'em in the eye socket or mouth, release, get another spear, stab again," he says, demonstrating by showing one of the sharp weapons into the body bag he sometimes trained with in the garage's corner.

"Well, boss? What're we gonna do and when?"

Frank looks up, thinking that Pablo is talking to him. He points to you, saying, "He's the boss out there."

They all laugh.

"I think we should go now," Sasha says, but then quickly adds, "but ... I think Frank and I should stay here to draw off the Zeeks ... while the three of you make a run for the gun store."

Sasha has already talked to you twice about her uncle. She's afraid that if he gets left alone, he might do something stupid.

"Your call ... Boss," Valerie agrees.

Factors to consider before you leave:
  • Look at your updated list of weapons below.
  • Zeeks: There are 3 Zeeks in the garage parking lot; 4 more near the intersection; and 12 more within view of the roof of the ice cream parlor (per Pablo's last surveillance there.)

Make your plan, from garage to gun shop, and -- if you think you are ready -- initiate it. If you plan something I think will get you killed due to a lack of knowledge, I will stop your progress. (In other words, I won't let you die without a chance to retreat.)



*****************

Statistics: Updated to after lunch

Food:
  • 140 servings.
  • Not well balanced; mostly carbs.
  • Health will begin declining in 14 days if your diet doesn't improve.
  • There may be more food available in nearby markets or other non-market buildings.

Water/Hydration:
  • City water is still available.
  • 40 gallons are bottled in the garage.
  • 50 servings of fruit juice.

Weapons:
  • 12 gauge shotgun; 12 rounds.
  • 9mm Glock; 2-9 shot clips.
  • 8 fragmentary IEDs.
  • 10 incendiary IEDs.
  • 24 spear like weapons.
  • 8 machete/sword like weapons.
  • Valerie's gun shop is on the block kitty corner to the strip mall, which is across the alley from the garage.
  • Presumably, there are also weapons and ammunition out on the streets someplace, abandoned by deceased National Guardsmen and police.

Andrew Cross -- Leader (PC)
  • Age: 29.
  • Mechanic.
  • Heterosexual; single; no children.
  • 2 years military; two years college.
  • No family in area; father and mother in Europe; sister in Australia.
  • IT training, basic mechanical experience.
  • Loves camping; avid bow hunter.
  • Combat and Killing Experience: none against humans; first kill against Zeeks was 2nd day of Game (in which he acted skillfully).

Sasha Michaels -- NPC.
  • Nude pic
  • Age: 24.
  • Assistant mechanic.
  • Frank's niece.
  • Combat and Killing Experience: first kill against Zeeks was 2nd day of Game (in which she was panicked but performed well; she'll do better from here out).

Frank Michaels
  • Age: 52.
  • Mechanic; owner of the garage.
  • Sasha's uncle.
  • Bit of a grouch with a cynical side; scared of this whole Zeek thing and won't take chances unless necessary to protect his niece.
  • Combat and Killing Experience: he was in the army overseas during the 1980s, but he won't talk about it; hasn't yet killed any Zeeks.

Pablo:
  • Age: 32.
  • Chief mechanic.
  • Courageous, brave, loyal; will protect the others with his life.
  • Combat and Killing Experience: none yet, but he won't hesitate.

Valerie:
  • Age: 28.
  • Owner of the gun shop down the block.
  • Lesbian. (I only note it to point out that she won't be fucking the guys in the Team.)
  • Combat and Killing Experience: none, but she has trained with guns since her teens and won't hesitate to get the job done.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2018, 12:27 AM   #31
TertiusHuman
Literotica Guru
 
TertiusHuman's Avatar
 
TertiusHuman is offline
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: South Africa
Posts: 1,981
"Well I guess we are as ready as we will ever be."

I had taken Sasha's concern about Frank into account and we both had agreed that it would be for the best for her to stay with him. Ok sure there might be a bit more to it, but luckily it was an easy call to make and a logical one since she knew him best.

The testing of the I.E.D.'S went about as well as I had hoped, the Zeeks came running. The small amount which showed up, told me that there wasn't a lot in the immediate area. OK not that I would call about 20 not a lot, but it was better than a thousand.

I had tried making a rudimentary bow during my watch, but even as I managed to get a proper bow formed, we did not have any string with enough draw power. I am sure that I could make one given time, but right now we didn't have time.

Pablo, Valerie and me got ready to go out, I made sure my machete and stabbing spears were secure but easy accessible. Rolled my shoulders and nodded my readiness. Frank opened the door, unlocked the security door and we moved out as silently as possible.

As Valerie tries the door, she finds it locked. The door slams shut behind us and as Valerie goes for the driver's door, two zeeks appear at the mouth of the alley. They looked like the same two which were drawn to the noise of the ladder falling.

They came running at us, two shots ring out. I flinch at the loud retort in the close space of the alley, Valerie is standing in a classic Weaver stance, her aim precise and deadly as the two Zeeks crashed to the ground.

But the action had clearly taken its toll on her, the driver's door stood open and as Pablo got in and unlocked the side door. I grabbed hold of Valerie and dragged her after me into the truck. We closed the doors and sat inside, looking for more Zeeks, I placed an arm around Valerie's shoulders and gave her a hug.

"I know its not easy and they look a like people, but you most likely saved us there."

It took a while, but the tremors did slow down a bit and I gave her shoulder a reassuring pat.

"OK Pablo, your turn to shine."

We had discussed hot wiring the truck but Pablo jingled the keys at me with a grin and started the truck. As we pulled into the parking lot, the first Zeeks started running towards us. I rested a hand on Pablo's shoulder, we had talked about it. I just hoped the natural instinct to slow down...

It didn't kick in, Pablo kept a steady pace and I left him to it, not having to take over or cajole him. The sound drew more Zeeks and they slammed into the sides and I could see them following the truck. Then the first explsion rang out and they all paused in their tracks. The second explosion had them running. But not all of them.

"Damnit. I had hoped it will draw all of them."

Just then Pablo slowed down and turned the truck, getting ready to back up towards the shop. I looked at Valerie, "You ready?"

She nodded and got her keys ready as I slid the door open just enough to see through to tell Pablo when to stop. A dull thump came from the front, "This is really one hard-up Zeek. He had followed us almost all the way from the garage."

"Focus Pablo, don't want to crash into the shop."
__________________
No dark shall prevail, no dishonor respected and no weak go unprotected

Writing profile
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2018, 03:30 PM   #32
ManInTheLoft
Experienced
 
ManInTheLoft is offline
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 90
The plans unfolds with great results ... at least to the gun shop.

Frank feared harming you all with the IEDs. (No one knows this, but during his time in combat, he lost friends to friendly fire. He doesn't want to repeat that horror.) He waited too long to have Sasha toss the first bombs, so some of the Zeeks weren't distracted. They followed you to the gun shop.

The troubles get worse there.

"Fuck!" Pablo hollers after backing the truck up to the front of the gun shop. "The building's awning ... we hit it. Truck's too tall. It's keeping me from backing all the way up close to the security gate. Let me try again."

He pulls forward, then backs, hitting and partially bending the awning. He comes back into the cargo section and tells you, "If I ram it any more to decrease the gap between the truck and the gate, the back door might jam ... and this party's seriously over!"

You can abort right now and race away, either back to the garage where Sasha and Frank will provide cover or away to some other destination.

Or you can continue.

Remember, you can abort RIGHT NOW without ever opening the van; OR you can roll the dies below and proceed with the results. (Some results allow you to abort. At that point you can slam the gate down, turn tail, and head back to the garage.)

So, here we go:
  • Roll 3d6. (This is a combination roll of the total number of Zeeks -- 1d6 -- and the distance in inches between the shop and truck -- 2d6. I had a more complicated plan for rolling these two things separately, but ... like I said, complicated.)
  • 1-4, you get lucky. The gap is so small that the Zeeks can't get to you. You open the gate, get inside, close the gate.
  • 5-7, the Zeeks get between the truck and gate but you kill them easily. You open the gate, get inside, close the gate.
  • 8-10, the Zeeks get into the truck but after an intense fight, they are dead. No injuries to you or yours. Abort? If not, you open the gate, get inside, close the gate.
  • 9-11, the Zeeks get into the truck but after an intense fight, they are dead. Pablo is injured. He can run but not fight. Abort? If not, you open the gate, get inside, close the gate.
  • 12-13, the Zeeks get into the truck but after an intense fight, they are dead. Pablo is seriously injured. He must be carried if you continue. Abort? If not, you open the gate, get inside, close the gate.
  • 14, the Zeeks get into the truck but after an intense fight, they are dead. Pablo is killed. Abort? If not, you open the gate, get inside, close the gate.
  • 15, the Zeeks get into the truck but after an intense fight, they are dead. Pablo is killed and Valerie is injured; she can run but not fight. Abort? If not, you open the gate, get inside, close the gate ... HOWEVER ... there are 2 Zeeks inside the store. Roll 1d6:
    • 1-4, you kill them all without additional harm.
    • 5, you kill them all but not until after they injure you. You can move and fight, but you have a bum arm.
    • 6, you kill them all but not until after they kill Valerie.
  • 16, the Zeeks get into the truck but after an intense fight, they are dead. Pablo is killed and Valerie is seriously injured; she must be carried if you continue. Abort? If not, you open the gate, get inside, close the gate ... HOWEVER ... there are 2 Zeeks inside the store. Roll 1d6:
    • 1-4, you kill them all without additional harm.
    • 5, you kill them all but not until after they kill Valerie.
    • 6, you kill them all but not until after they kill Valerie and injure you. You have one bum arm.
  • 17, the Zeeks get into the truck but after an intense fight, they are dead. Pablo and Valerie are both killed. Abort? If not, you open the gate, get inside, close the gate ... HOWEVER ... there are 2 Zeeks inside the store. Roll 1d6:
    • 1-4, you kill them all without additional harm.
    • 5, you kill them all but not until after they injure you. You have one bum arm.
    • 6, well, fuck. They kill Valerie ... then you. Game over for Andrew!
  • 18, the Zeeks get into the truck but after an intense fight, they are dead. Pablo and Valerie both are killed, you are injured, and the gate won't open. But you can still drive.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-2018, 02:15 AM   #33
ManInTheLoft
Experienced
 
ManInTheLoft is offline
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 90
OOC: So, I guess we've decided that I will roll the dice using a bing online die roller.

So, rolling 3d6 ... 6 + 2 + 3 = 11

11, the Zeeks get into the truck but after an intense fight, they are dead. Pablo is injured. He can run but not fight. Abort? If not, you open the gate, get inside, close the gate.

Describe it.

Once inside, I will post what you see.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-2018, 01:10 AM   #34
TertiusHuman
Literotica Guru
 
TertiusHuman's Avatar
 
TertiusHuman is offline
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: South Africa
Posts: 1,981
"This is a serious SNAFU. The opening between the truck and gate will be too big, they will get in easily."

More thumps from the outside made it clear that a decision had to be made. In this case both Pablo and Valerie wanted into the shop and I feared for the worse. We had no idea how many of them there were outside.

Splintering glass took away my need to decide, as the hammering fists actually manage to break a window and create an entrance. I took hold of my spears and with a small prayer, stepped forth to meet the first Zeek.

More glass splitered as the safety glass of the windshield and other side window gave in and the single Zeek became a multitude. They came at us like rabid animals, but I now knew what killed them and I used that.

We were forced backwards by the sheer numbers and the need for close quarters combat. I heard Pablo cry out in pain as I dispatched a Zeek with my last spear. Drawing my machete as Valerie's pistol came into play. The sound of 9mm fire deafening inside the truck.

I slashed at one of the Zeeks on top of Pablo, severing the neck and it dropped like a bundle of bones. Pablo managed to push the last one off of him and I decapitated it.

"Reload"

I swung to meet the remaining Zeeks, but there wasn't many left after Valerie's accurate fire. I swung at the first one and managed a clean shot to the neck. Valerie stepped up next to me, pistol extended and started firing.

For every shot, a Zeek fell and thankfully the influx had stopped, as Valerie reloaded, I finished off the last one with a chop to the head.

"Valerie, do you have a medical kit?"

"Yes."

The shaking had started, but I paid it no heed, "Then let's get into the shop, Pablo needs medical assistance right now and I am not coming back like this again."

Together we opened the slide door and as I kept watch, shaking like a leaf, she unlocked and opened the security gate and door. I helped Pablo to his feet and into the shop as Valerie closed and locked the gate behind us.
__________________
No dark shall prevail, no dishonor respected and no weak go unprotected

Writing profile
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-2018, 10:39 AM   #35
ManInTheLoft
Experienced
 
ManInTheLoft is offline
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 90
Pablo collapses into a couch near the front entrance of the shop, crying out in pain as he clutches an arm. Is it his good arm...? He would have been protecting himself with his lesser arm and fighting with his dominant one, so...

Rolling ... whew! It was his left, his lesser arm. So, he'll be able to do most things just fine soon enough, once the damage begins to heel.

Valerie hurries around the back of the counter for a case of 9mm clips for her very common Glock, reloads, and says, "I'm going to the back room for the First Aid kit.

But then:

A man hollers, "Move and you die, mother fucker!"

From the doorway to the back room, a man steps out from and aims a shot gun right at your head.

You are armed with the shotgun Pablo had had but handed over after all the Zeeks in the truck were killed.

He hollers, "Put that down! PUT THAT DOWN!!
"

What do you do?
  • Shoot first and ask questions later?
  • Freeze but retain the shotgun?
  • Freeze and put it down?
  • Leap for cover ... and leave Pablo to fend for himself?
  • Other.

I will do the die rolls and send you the results in a PM within minutes. Use it to complete your next post.

Meanwhile, back at the garage:

"Did they make it?"

Frank is laughing as he tosses Molotov Cocktails out onto the pavement near the Zeeks who are attracted to the previous incendiaries he threw. He's having fun watching the Zeeks wander around the parking lot, burning sometimes from head to toe as their arms flail.

It's obvious the burning causes them distress and confuses them, like it would a normal person. Yet, it takes minutes -- not mere seconds -- for the scorching of their skin and, eventually, the cooking of the muscles below that give them mobility to make them drop. And even then -- with their brains still active -- they continue to flail on the pavement as if trying to rise once again.

It's simply morbid, and yet Frank is loving it, hollering at them as if back in his otherwise undescribed Cold War insurgency battle field, "Burn, you Commie mother fucker, burn! Back in the jungle, baby, back in the jungle!"

Sasha is both amazed and concerned. She's learned more about her uncle's war time experience in the last 24 hours than she had during the rest of her life. Frank is too young for having served in Viet Nam, but he's talked about IEDs and booby traps and now Communists and jungles. What the hell did you go through, Uncle Frank?

Can she calm him down and get things back under control? Again, I am rolling and putting the results in the impending PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-2018, 12:47 PM   #36
TertiusHuman
Literotica Guru
 
TertiusHuman's Avatar
 
TertiusHuman is offline
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: South Africa
Posts: 1,981
I am not one to argue with a shotgun, I knew of the devastation it could wreak on the human body. I took a deep breath and slowly shoved the shotgun under my left arm.

"I am not here to rob the place and I will not drop the only weapon I have right now against those things out there. My friend is hurt and the owner of the shop went to fetch a medical kit."

For a moment I thought he might pull the trigger and I tensed, but then the words seem to sink in and he shouted: "Valerie!?"

"Rick?"

Valerie appears from the door she had disappeared into, a big medical bag over one shoulder. She takes the scene in and shakes her head, "You better put that down Rick. That guy already saved a few lives yesterday and today, will be a shame to lose him."

Rick stared at Valerie for a moment and then lowered the shotgun, a click sounded as he activated the safety. I took a deep breath and for a change the shakes wasn't that bad. I take the bag from Valerie as she starts to talk to Rick.

The bag was well-stocked, I started disinfecting the wounds, making Pablo moan in pain, I poured a sachet of anti septic powder into the wounds and after a brief hesitation, I threaded the needle and started suturing the wounds, this of course made Pablo groan even more. Valerie approached and looked Pablo over with a critical eye and helped taping the wounds.

"You learned that in the Army?"

I shook my head, "No, television."

"You serious?"

I gave her a shaky smile, "No."

We both chuckled and I used alcohol swabs to clean the tools as best I could. "We had a bad accident on one hunting trip and I decided to get some training. Did a few First Aid courses and read up a lot. I am no medic, but I can stabilize a person."

Valerie nodded and motioned to the back of the shop, "We have good news and bad news. Most of my stock is secure, but they are stacked in the back. Along with a bunch of Zeeks."

"What?"

"Some guys tried to ram a pick-up through the back. They succeeded and brought Zeeks in with them"

I close my eyes and heave a sigh, "And the pistols with silencers are in there as well."

"Yes."

I felt like chuckling, so I laughed instead and opened my eyes as I rose to my feet.

"Rick's ex-wife is also here."

I nodded and moved to stand at the window looking out. We needed those silenced weapons, but did we need them that badly? Ok so the explosions would have drawn out a few of them, but the odds wasn't good. At least Valerie would keep a level head, Rick seemed like the nervous type and to be honest, I didn't feel like he would not panic if we open that door.

I stood there looking at the mayhem outside, listened to Pablo murmuring to Valerie and came to a decision. Pablo almost lost his life, we are not leaving here with just two more people and a few extra rounds of ammo for Valerie's pistol.

"We need to get at least one of those silenced pistols and some ammo. You surely have security cameras in the shop. Do you have any in the back? I want to know our odds, if it is too staggering, we have to take what we have and leave."
__________________
No dark shall prevail, no dishonor respected and no weak go unprotected

Writing profile
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2018, 11:40 AM   #37
ManInTheLoft
Experienced
 
ManInTheLoft is offline
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 90
Despite being overwhelmed with pain, Pablo laughs at your jokes about your medical training. The comic relief seems to help a bit.

How bad are the bites...? Rolling 1d6 (1 being the worst) = 5

"You're gonna be fine!" Valerie reassures Pablo. "No real damage. Just some holes. Looks like you got bit by an old dog from the back woods ... you know, only one tooth left."

In a flash you have Pablo patched up.

Meanwhile Valerie is working with Rick and his Ex, Peggy, to survey the store. They come to you with an update:

"Okay, weapons and ammo we have at the ready," Valerie says, pointing to all of them laid out with their locks off and their clips or magazines loaded:
  • Rolling 4d6+12 for number of long guns = 13 (5 shotguns, 8 rifles of differing calibers).
  • Rolling 3d6+12 for number of hand guns = 8 (3 9mms and 5 of differing calibers).
  • For inventory, almost all of the ammunition was in the back of the store, so...
  • Rolling 1d6/2 for each weapon = 1.5.
    • Compromise: round up for shotguns, down for rifles.
    • 2 box of shells for each shotgun = 50 rounds per shotgun
    • 1 box of bullets for each rifle = 50 rounds per rifle.
    • 1 box of bullets for each pistol = 150 9mm and 5x50 rounds of assorted.

**************

Just die rolls; you don't even have to read it

Rolling 1d6/3 for bow (1-3 no) = 2;
Rolling 1d6/3 for cross bow (1-3 no) = 4; rolling 2d6/ for bolts = 6
Rolling 1d6/3 for sound suppressor (1-3 no) = 5; 1d6 for 9mm (1-2 no) = 2

**************

Valerie tells you, "More good and bad news, Andrew."

They show you the cross bow. "Got 6 bolts for this."

Rick holds up the silencer. "And I forgot we had this in the layaway safe. It doesn't fit any of the 9's, but it fits this."

He offers out a semi-automatic .22 caliber pistol. "It ain't much, but it's got a 14 shot clip. And we got two clips and a full box of 50. Might take a bunch of shots to take a ... what'd you call'em, Zeeks?"

So, where do you stand?
  • You could open the back room door and just go for it.
  • You could try a better strategy.
  • You could just take what you have and run.
  • You could come up with a better solution than I have presented.
  • Pablo can use a handgun but can't reload it on his own.
  • What to do, what to do...?
  • It's a bitch being in charge, isn't it?

Make and execute a plan. I won't let you die, meaning that if there is an extreme chance of someone getting killed, I will stop you first.


Meanwhile, back at the ranch ... I mean, garage:

Sasha tries to calm Frank, whose PTSD and simply panic are causing him to lob incendiary devices at anything that moves.

Rolling 1d6 for calming him down (1 is worst) = 2 ... dang.
Rolling 1d6 for something bad happening (1 is worst) = 4 ... whew.

Thankfully, they run out of Molotov cocktails before he sets the garage on fire. Sasha gets Frank calm finally, and they sit down to enjoy a bit of sun while you all finish your work at the gun shop.

"I need a beer," Frank says.

Sasha realizes her uncle might be going through withdrawals. Just how bad is his alcoholism...?

Rolling 1d6 for alcoholism (1 is worst) = 3.

"You'll be okay, Frank," she reassures him. But deep inside, she knows her uncle. And she knows that if he doesn't get some alcohol in him within a day or two, he's going to become a liability. "I promise you, Frank. We'll get you a beer."

(OOC: of course, Andrew doesn't know about this conversation, but he will soon enough.)
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2018, 01:59 PM   #38
TertiusHuman
Literotica Guru
 
TertiusHuman's Avatar
 
TertiusHuman is offline
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: South Africa
Posts: 1,981
I liked the .22 with silencer attachment. Since it was a short range back-up weapon, I doubted that it would take more than two shots to kill a Zeek. I took the crossbow and studied the string, reluctantly I put it aside, the string was too short for the modified bow I had made.

"Ok so if Rick and Peggy goes with us."

They both nodded

"That will make us six, we had a shotgun and Valerie's pistol. The most common type of ammo we will find is 9mm and 12 gauge, rifle ammo will be very iffy. I say we load up on shotguns with their ammo, one rifle with all the ammo we can get for it, the three 9mm pistols with all their ammo and at least one of the .45s. We will also need any clothing, food, medical supplies, drinks, survival gear. If it is practical, bring it."

I paused, "Just ease up on the weapons, we still need hand to hand weapons, no offense Pablo, you make an excellent machete, but a knife wields better up close."
__________________
No dark shall prevail, no dishonor respected and no weak go unprotected

Writing profile
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2018, 05:06 PM   #39
ManInTheLoft
Experienced
 
ManInTheLoft is offline
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 90
The others agree with you: you've significantly increased your arms, and while there are more in the back to be had, they may very well still be there if ever you decide to come back for them. Plus, Pablo is hurt, Rick and Peggy are hungry -- they haven't eaten since this began -- and the situation back at the garage is unknown.

Valerie is against leaving anything of value behind, so you end up taking all the weapons.

"That, too!" she says, pointing at the Medieval Arms and Armor collection on the wall. Some think she's nuts, but she demands, "I spent a decade collecting that! I'm not leaving it!"

(OOC: I'm not going to bother posting the die rolls anymore, unless they requiirie you to make a decision first. Too time consuming. I will simply post Rolling... to indicate that I have done so.)

It's time to get back into the van and split...
Rolling...

You get back in with little trouble. You take weapons, ammo, clothing, hunting vests, utility/ammo belts, sleeping bags just about anything you can think of that would be found in a gun/sporting shop (except that some was in the back room, so not everyone gets to suit up the way you would like.

I will create an entire list of what you scavenged, but not right now.

It's time to head back to the garage...
Rolling...

Easy peasy; most of the Zeeks in the area are burnt critters by now.

Pablo suggests that you just drive the van right into the back of the garage. After coordinating with Sasha (who lets Frank drop one last Molotov on the 2 Zeeks in the alley)...
Rolling...

Again, easy peasy.

You're home.

What do you want to do the rest of the day?
  • Inventory and relax? (Sasha wants that; Pablo needs rest; Rick and Peggy are exhausted.)
  • Pack up and head immediately for the stadium, which is 3 miles away on the outskirts of town. (Valerie wants that.)
  • Burn Zeeks? (Frank wants to make more incendiaries.)
  • Other.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-28-2018, 10:47 AM   #40
TertiusHuman
Literotica Guru
 
TertiusHuman's Avatar
 
TertiusHuman is offline
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: South Africa
Posts: 1,981
After off loading everything we managed to get, I asked Pablo to crash, which he gladly did. A quick meal later and I stood at the entrance to the garage, looking at the stack of weapons, clothing and various odds and ends that we had brought with us.

"We need to get this stuff sorted and counted. Hopefully we can get some antibiotics for Pablo in these kits."

Sasha agreed with me even though Valerie wants us to get going. Frank is already tinkering around, making more Molotovs.

"Why are we out of Molotovs?"

Sasha quietly explains the situation to me and I looked at Frank with some trepidation. He seemed volatile from Sasha's description of his actions, but right then he seemed to be ok. I ran a hand over my face.

"OK, let's sort out and rest. I think tomorrow we should try and get healthier food."
__________________
No dark shall prevail, no dishonor respected and no weak go unprotected

Writing profile
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2018, 11:13 AM   #41
ManInTheLoft
Experienced
 
ManInTheLoft is offline
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 90
Characters

Andrew Cross, 29 -- Leader (PC)
  • Mechanic w/ IT training; Military, 2 years; College, 2 years.
  • No family in area; father and mother in Europe; sister in Australia.
  • Loves camping, bow hunting.
  • Combat experience: some but undefined (personal issue?).
Sasha Michaels, 24. (Nude pic)
  • Frank's niece and assistant mechanic.
  • Andrew's new lover (since 2nd day of mayhem).
Frank Michaels, 52.
  • Mechanic (owner of the garage) and Sasha's uncle.
  • Grouch; cynic; alcoholic.
  • Combat experience: Army, though he doesn't talk about it. Possibly special forces; some professed jungle experience though where is unknown.
  • PTSD is causing Sasha some concern. He went nuts on the Zeeks with the Molotov Cocktails during the trek to the gun shop.
Pablo, 32.
  • Chief mechanic.
  • Courageous, brave, loyal; will protect the others with his life.
  • Combat experience: none.
  • Zeek killing experience: some, and he doesn't hesitate.
  • Currently injured -- left arm in sling. Infection is a possibility.
Valerie, 28.
  • Owner of the gun shop down the block; great with guns.
  • Lesbian. (I only note it to point out that she won't be fucking the guys in the Team.)
  • Combat experience: none.
  • Zeek killing experience: yes, with no hesitation.
Rick, 35.
  • Gun shop employee; gun repair expert.
  • Ex-husband but still loving friend of Peggy; would fuck her in an instant but she has no interest in him sexually anymore.
  • Combat experience: 2 tours in Iraq.
  • Zeek killing experience: some; they scare him more than ISIS did in Iraq.
Peggy, 29.
  • Teacher; very knowledgeable in many areas; very useful.
  • Ex-wife of Rick; still friends but no sexual interest.
  • Combat experience: none.
  • Zeek killing experience: none; she hates guns and won't kill easily.

Firearms, Ammunition, and Accessories
  • I simplified the weapons, eliminating multiple calibers within the same weapon type. Otherwise, it as simply unmanageable.
  • Shotguns = 6
  • Ammo = 120
  • Rifles, large caliber = 4
  • Ammo = 150
  • Rifles, small caliber = 3
  • Ammo = 150
  • Silencers= 1
  • Semi-auto Pistols = 7
  • Ammo = 300 rounds
  • Revolvers = 4
  • Ammo = 200 rounds
  • Silencers= 1

Non-firearm weapons:
  • Compound bow = 2.
  • Arrows = 10
  • Cross bow = 1
  • Bolts = 6
  • Improvised hand weapons = 12, but more are always being fashioned.
  • Miscellaneous weapons: Valerie's Medieval weapon collection, including 2 swords, a battle ax, a mace, a pike, a spear, and several blades and blunt weapons.

Explosive devices:
  • IEDs, fragmentary = 10, but more are always being made by Frank.
  • Molotov Cocktails = 10, but more are always being made by Frank.

Combat Protection and other gear[/center]
  • Bullet proof vests, standard = 2
  • Bullet proof riot gear, advanced = 1
  • Military grade head protection = 1
  • Back packs = you could use more.
  • Gear vests (for carrying various items) = you could use more.
  • Utility belts = you could use more.

Food, Water, and More

Food:
  • 150 servings
  • Note that there are ~300 servings of MREs in the gun shop's back room.
  • Current stock is not well balanced; mostly carbs from the ice cream shop.
  • Health will begin declining in 13 days if your diet doesn't improve.
  • There may be more food available in nearby markets or other non-market buildings.

Water/Hydration:
  • 40 gallons are bottled in the garage.
  • City water pressure is off.
  • 46 servings of fruit juice (juice boxes from ice cream shop).

Sleeping needs:
  • Sleeping bags = 4
  • Padding = insufficient.
  • Other bedding serves = insufficient.

Clothing and other personal items
  • You got more outdoor clothes from the gun shop.
  • But you could use more and better fitting jeans, shirts, underwear, cold and warm weather clothing, etc.

Vehicles
  • Note: no car has been pimped for Zeek protection.
  • Cargo van (U-Haul truck) = runs well.
  • SUV = being repaired.
  • Pickup truck = 2.
  • Passenger cars = 2.

After your last post, these are some of the responses from the others:
  • There is concern about Pablo. There aren't enough antibiotics. Also Valerie asks, "What about rabies? I mean, those things are warm blooded like us and can carry rabies? They act rabid, though, I don't know if they are rabid. How do we know whether Pablo is? If he is, what do we do about it?
  • Frank is making more Molotovs and IEDs.
  • Sasha is worried about Frank. She whispers to you, "We gotta get him some alcohol, then, maybe, detox him. But I'm really concerned that without something to drink, he might do something stupid like go out on his own and look for booze.
  • Valerie begins to gently pressure you to make a drive to the stadium, to check it out. "Just take a look, maybe. Whatcha think?"
  • You notice that Peggy seems to be eying you a bit. She obviously is attracted to you.
  • By the way, Sasha notices. She doesn't say anything though.
  • By the way, Rick notices, too. He's Peggy's Ex, and while Peggy feels nothing for him anymore, Rick still gets a stiffy for Peggy almost daily.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2018, 01:45 PM   #42
TertiusHuman
Literotica Guru
 
TertiusHuman's Avatar
 
TertiusHuman is offline
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: South Africa
Posts: 1,981
"I doubt that the Zeeks has rabies. But there must be some preliminary symptoms."

Penny spoke up from her seat, "Initial signs and symptoms of rabies are often nonspecific such as fever and headache. As the virus progresses and causes inflammation of the brain, symptoms can include paralysis, anxiety, insomnia, confusion, agitation, abnormal behavior, paranoia, terror, and hallucinations, progressing to delirium, and ending in a coma."

I ran a hand through my hair, "Well the Zeeks definitely show signs of agitation and abnormal behavior."

Penny shook her head, "It is not the same thing, something else is wrong with them."

"They can still contract it from animals." Sasha mentioned and we thought about that for a moment.

"Well all we can do now is keep his wounds clean, get some antibiotics and vitamins and minerals into him and let him rest."

Sasha motioned me aside and expressed her concerns about Frank. I nodded, I had feared some repressed memories would resurface, but the alcoholism was a bit of an issue. I patted her shoulder and went sit on the back seat of a Chev. Kicking off my boots, I lay back and thought about the situation.

Valerie wanted to go for the stadium, but I felt that we needed a secure base to fall back to if things went South and right then we didn't have enough materials. We had weapons, but we didn't have enough food or medicine. We didn't have save transportation and the main problem was that we didn't have gasoline.

With the power out, we needed heat and light sources. We needed food and a way to preserve it. We needed transport. We needed clothes. We needed bedding.

I thought back on sharing a back seat with Sasha and grinned, well at least some interesting things had happened amidst all the chaos. I sat up, unlaced my boots and slipped them on. Making my way to Frank, whose hands had already started trembling slightly.

"Hey Frank."

He nodded, but kept himself busy. I made certain that we were alone, "Sasha told me."

Frank paused and braced his hands on the counter, still not looking up at me. I rested a hand on his shoulder, "I don't judge Frank. I just want to know that I can trust on you to not freak out again and to hang on until tomorrow."

"Why tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow we will go out looking for food. I will personally bring you a drink. But I need to know you will try to keep control of yourself."

Frank looks at me and I can see the inner turmoil clearly in his eyes and on his features. "I will try."

I patted his shoulder and left him to do his thing, I stopped at Pablo and felt for fever, luckily none so far. Just clammy skinned and pale from shock.

"Hey man."

"Hey."

"You my nurse?"

I chuckled, "I hope not, you need one with tits and a fine ass."

He grinned at me and closed his eyes. "Pablo have you had a recent vaccination?"

"For tetanus, about four months ago."

I gave his shoulder a squeeze and stopped next to Valerie, "I think you should sleep, ask Sasha to stand watch, I can take the midnight shift and you can take the last shift."

"Did you think about the stadium?"

I nodded, "Not yet. Like you said, long term. We need to get ourselves geared up for a trek like that. We need a better position, we need more supplies and we need medicine."

She didn't like my answer, but I knew if she thought about it, she would see the sense behind it. I headed back to the car, sleeping bag under one arm and a jacket over the other. Time to get some rest before my guard duty.
__________________
No dark shall prevail, no dishonor respected and no weak go unprotected

Writing profile
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2018, 01:56 AM   #43
ManInTheLoft
Experienced
 
ManInTheLoft is offline
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 90
Valerie reluctantly agreed to postpone her designs on the stadium. "It's true, we aren't ready for that. Plus, we don't know what's waiting there for us. There might already be people there. Or, the National Guard might be using it. After all, that's what happens in just about very zombie virus end of the world apocalypse movie, right?"

"So, how do we get ready," Rick asked. "How do we get more of the stuff you say we need?"
  • Food.
  • Medicine.
  • Transportation.
  • Gasoline.

"And how we gonna get:
  • Power.
  • Heat.
  • Light.
  • Refrigeration.
  • Clothes.
  • Bedding.

"And what about communication?" Pablo asks. "The landline's dead, and our cell phones aren't working, probably something happened to the system. And all we've been getting from the radio is that same repeating Emergency Broadcast message telling us to stay inside."

Valerie answers that question by pulling out a pair of impressive walkie talkies. "They've got a range of about 5 miles. Rick and Peggy were using them, listening for other people. There are others out there alive, but they didn't pick up anything significant.

"Maybe if we could boost the signal somehow make a better antennae?

While you are talking to Frank about his situation, the others are talking about some of these things. Between them, they come up with one or more locations where they think you can get more of all of these things.

What are your priorities? What do you go after first?

Meanwhile Frank is thanking you for your promise to get him a drink. He tells you very unconvincingly, "I'm not an alcoholic. I just I just need to wet my whistle take the edge off."

When you tell Pablo he need a nurse with a great body, he can't help but glance toward Peggy. He tells you quietly, "She'll do."

Do you promote a relationship between the two of them? If not immediately, maybe later? (You probably haven't had time to learn that Rick is still lustful for his Ex-wife while Peggy has no interest in Rick; but if you speak to Valerie about it, she won't hesitate to tell you about it.)



The night passes without incident.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2018, 03:34 AM   #44
TertiusHuman
Literotica Guru
 
TertiusHuman's Avatar
 
TertiusHuman is offline
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: South Africa
Posts: 1,981
I woke up and got out of my bed, after checking on Pablo and noticing that his situation had not deteriorated too much, I had another unsatisfying breakfast and waited for everybody to gravitate towards the room. Human nature and all that.

"I need somebody who can go out with me today. I want to see if we can't get some decent food. I think the best place to look will be homes. I know that in shops and malls we will find more food, but you have to remember that large congregations of people also means more Zeeks and right now, we can't really take on a lot of them. After that mess at Valerie's shop, we really need better weapons and armor when we venture out. We were lucky that the pistol fire didn't draw even more Zeeks since the van muffled the sound."

"We can't live off of canned food indefinitely."

I nodded at Valerie's words, "And that is why we need to keep ourselves strong and fit. We will either have to move out of town and secure a place or if the stadium is empty and unused, we secure that. We will need water for irrigation and if we can find a good water source, we can use solar pumps. If we can find solar energy equipment, we can do a lot of things and it will help keep us alive."

I gave a look around the group and then the shop, "We can't stay here. We don't have enough of the basics, we can't scavenge for basics in our surrounding area and we will need more space. I think we will have to start up the generator to get power, then we will have to prep vehicles for travel and as soon as we find a better place, we move out."

"But first things first, we need to find food. We need better bedding and any extra weapons. I think the van will do since we will be moving and it will also allow for a few more things that can not fit into a car."
__________________
No dark shall prevail, no dishonor respected and no weak go unprotected

Writing profile
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2018, 10:13 AM   #45
ManInTheLoft
Experienced
 
ManInTheLoft is offline
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 90
"Mad Max," Frank mumbles from where he's sitting, dreaming of an ice cold microbrew with a 26% alcohol content. When the others look his way, he clarifies. "Mad Max. You know, Mel Gibson, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. Not that Tom Hardy Fury Road crap. Although Charlize Theron and some of those baby mama types were hot. Still, you can't miss with Tina Turner's tits. I mean, c'mon, did you see--"

"Get to the point, Uncle!" Sasha cuts in. She already had an idea of where he was taking this, cut she asked anyway, "Where's this going?"

"The vehicles, in Thunderdome," he explains. "We make some of our own. Pablo and Sasha and I can do it. We reinforce the bodies add some screening or bars to the windows to keep out the Zeeks. If we fire up the generator, we can weld add some fairings to keep anything from getting underneath foul the undercarriage."

A lively conversation erupts about what could be done to secure a vehicle.

"We've got the van for transporting goods," Sasha adds.

"If we need speed and maneuverability," Pablo adds, "we got six or seven cars out in the parking lot. Mine, Sasha's couple of customer cars that hadn't been picked up yet. The loaners. They're always in the best of shape, of course. Wouldn't be proper for an auto repair shop to hand out piece of shit loaners."

By the end of the conversation, it is determined that the panel van and a 4x4 pickup would be the best for transport; an SUV (with its 4 doors) would be best for rapid exfil of armed people from onto the street; and a sports car of your choice would be best for speed and maneuverability. Each will take 2 days to refit. Which (if any) do you want to refit?

Peggy comes to you for quiet word. "Pablo's looking better, but I'm still afraid of infection. We gotta make finding some antibiotics priority, just in case."

There is a pharmacy in a strip mall 4 blocks away; a hospital pharmacy 8 blocks away; and a massive grocery store with a pharmacy in it 12 blocks away. In the order presented: (a) safer and easier to get to; but (b) more likely to have what you need. Do you go now (before a rig is refit for Zeeks), in 2 days (after one is), or not at all.

Suddenly and full of excitement, Rick hurries in from the office where he'd returned to listening to the radios. "The stadium's secure! The stadium, it's safe."

When questioned, he and Peggy explain that they'd been conversing with a woman since finding the radios. She'd identified herself as Onyx but refused to tell them where she was. "She's afraid of someone taking her shit, she said. Or of raping her, or killing her. Too many apocalypse movies, I guess."

They go on to explain that she was a Nurse before all this and was at work and got trapped. Over several conversations, Peggy had gotten her to talk about some of the things she had to offer. "Meds were one of them."

"Well, she just told me she's at the stadium," Rick tells them. "Come to find out, she's one of the team therapists. She was there working on Kip Pasco's ankle when the shit hit the fan."

Kip Pasco was the semi-pro football (soccer) team's goalie before twisting his ankle. Rick continues, "She says she's got six people with her players, a coach, a groundskeeper. There were more but the left to look for guns and didn't come back."

Valerie injects the obvious. "We have guns! We just need a better place to hide out!"

A conversation breaks out about whether or not they should try for the stadium immediately, soon, or not at all. Frank says, "We don't know these people. For all we know they'd take our guns and kill us."

Pablo reminds everyone that he played with Kip Pasco. "He's a good guy. He won't do that."

The others are divided, and ultimately they look to you for a decision.

So, what's next? Go now? Go never? Build futuristic Mad Max cars? Sneak out in the daylight or night?
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2018, 02:54 AM   #46
TertiusHuman
Literotica Guru
 
TertiusHuman's Avatar
 
TertiusHuman is offline
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: South Africa
Posts: 1,981
"Maybe Kip won't, but he is injured. That means that he will not be able to help us if any of the other people decide to take our weapons and kill us. I know it sounds like I am paranoid, but I think we stick to our plan. We secure a place, stock it and then we go to the stadium. If we need to bug out, we have a place to retreat to, which we can defend."

I looked at the various vehicles and motioned to the pick-up, "We can take that one out on our scavenger hunt. I think we will also need extra fuel for the generator, which we can siphon out of vehicles. So who wants to go on a supply search with me?"

After a quick deliberation, Valerie and Rick offered to go with me. We got our gear ready, or what we hoped that we will need. We discussed on which direction to go and decided that it might be easier to look for supplies in the nearest residential area and with the return see what we could find at the nearest pharmacy on our return.
__________________
No dark shall prevail, no dishonor respected and no weak go unprotected

Writing profile

Last edited by TertiusHuman : 06-12-2018 at 03:06 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:47 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.