So, what is it with your 'location"?

Shankara20

Well, that is lovely
So what is it with your 'location"?

There are some very creative answers in the "location" section of some profiles. Some are light and funny, some are reflective of dark moods, some are factual with country or state names. Many change theirs from time to time.

What is your all about?

Mine, Preta realm, reflects a dark time I am in. Preta is one of the six Buddhist realms of existence, one of the most difficult. In the preta realm, also called the hungry ghost realm, the inhabitants suffer from a greed that can never be satisfied. They have huge stomachs but tiny mouths, food and water is very scarce. I have been feeling that about my sexual appetite while not being with another person now for over 4 years. Sorry for the bummer explanation, but it fits for me right now.

Please tell us about how and why you do or do not use the "location" feature.

Counting down is mine. and it has been for the better part of a year. It was a litteral thing, I was counting down to a certian date when i would first meet my love face to face. But life happens sometimes and it did and the plans fell thru. So now it's more of a sign of my hope. Insted of an actual date, it's more of a count down to when it will happen.

Changed my mind, will leave you figuring it instead lol

Last edited:
shy slave said:
Changed my mind, will leave you figuring it instead lol

FINE, JUST FINE THEN.......
I DON'T REALY CARE AT ALL

were is that huff I had on last night????

I know it's not creative or funny or imaginitive, it just is. *grins and shrugs* I'm a simple guy with a simple answer:

I'm out, and I live in Columbia, SC. Ding-ding-ding!

the captians wench said:
Counting down is mine. and it has been for the better part of a year. It was a litteral thing, I was counting down to a certian date when i would first meet my love face to face. But life happens sometimes and it did and the plans fell thru. So now it's more of a sign of my hope. Insted of an actual date, it's more of a count down to when it will happen.

I remember when it was counting toward that meeting.

Thank you for letting us know the meaning now.

Evil_Geoff said:
I know it's not creative or funny or imaginitive, it just is. *grins and shrugs* I'm a simple guy with a simple answer:

I'm out, and I live in Columbia, SC. Ding-ding-ding!

any what a bell ringer you are, EG

I don't have a "location". Mostly because I've grown much more private and introverted over the last year or so. My physical location isn't really a secret, I just don't go announcing it hither and yon; my emotional location stays quite properly locked up inside my head (most of the time).

CutieMouse said:
I don't have a "location". Mostly because I've grown much more private and introverted over the last year or so. My physical location isn't really a secret, I just don't go announcing it hither and yon; my emotional location stays quite properly locked up inside my head (most of the time).

I absolute understand and have noticed your movement inward - thanks for adding something.

I'm shutting down for the evening now, see everyone in the morning. :kiss: :kiss:

I had to check to see that mine wasn't filled. Used to read "at the lab" when I was literally getting DAILY blood draws! Oy!

New jersey is the garden state. I'm fairly simple too.

Mine expresses the truth. I grew up on the Alabama Gulf Coast and now I live in Arizona. Have for 19 years, but I still miss the Coast. And will one day live there again. Pretty much explains the name, too, huh?

Quite simply the lyrics of Miss Otis Regrets sung by Ella Fitzgerald. I have found myself singing it when things are quiet lately. No idea why. Ella was magnificent... :rose:

Miss Otis regrets, she's unable to lunch today, madam,
Miss Otis regrets, she's unable to lunch today.
She is sorry to be delayed,
but last evening down in Lover's Lane she strayed, madam,

When she woke up and found that her dream of love was gone, madam,
She ran to the man who had led her so far astray,
And from under her velvet gown,
She drew a gun and shot her love down, madam,

When the mob came and got her and dragged her from the jail, madam,
They strung her upon the old willow across the way,
And the moment before she died,
She lifted up her lovely head and cried, madam......

Well, it's partly self-explanatory and partly not. I am in Alabama. The rest is part of a 3 Doors Down song called "Here By Me." The part I stole it from is this part:

"And as the days roll on, I see
Time is standing still for me
When you're not here
Sorry I can't always find the words to say
But everything I've ever known gets swept away
Inside of your love"

I love the song; I love 3 Doors Down. It's fitting, at the moment.

Mine's from a Jimmy Buffett song:

What if the Hokey Pokey is All it Really is About?

The universe is runnin' away
I heard it on the news just the other day
There's this new stuff called dark energy
We can't measure and we can't see
It's some elemental mystery
Train that we can't catch

But our heads are in the oven
And somebody's 'bout to strike a match

Meanwhile back on our big round ball
Things are getting serious as cholesterol
Permutations, calculations,
Greedy piggies at the trough
Arrogance and ignorance
Just to top it off
I just can't keep up with the Nasdaq
Who got sold and bought
I've got to take my lunch break
But I'll leave you with a little for thought

Maybe it's all too simple
For our brains to figure it out
What if the hokey pokey
Is all it really is about

What if life is just a cosmic joke
Like spiders in your underwear or olives in
your coke
My life can get as messy as a day old sticky bun
So I arm myself with punch lines and a big ol'
water gun

They say it's not that simple but just maybe it
should be
It's time to change the subject, would you join me
in a cup of herbal tea?

What if the hokey pokey

I still believe in rock 'n' roll
It pays my bills and soothes my soul
There really really isn't
A whole lot more around
Except for Frank Sinatra and the Big
band sound
I want music in the music
I want chicken in the soup
I want caffeine in my system let's revive
the hula hoop

What if the hokey pokey

...That just kinda sums it all up, for me sometimes, I think.

I lost a bet in a chess game... so I posted it up. It's how I feel so I never bothered changing it once the week was up :p

I'm from Los Angeles though for anyone that cares about those things.

Mine, 'Am schönen Vater Rhein', is a reference to my location, though only in a general way. It means 'at the beautiful *father* Rhein'. The Rhein is the biggest river in Germany and called 'schöner Vater Rhein' in traditional songs/poetry.

Quod me nutrit me destruit. What nourishes me destroys me.

It is kind of deep and a bit odd to have as a location, but people who know me understand why it is there.

Mine is terribly boring but also imprecise. I usually give my location as "Washington DC" even though I live in a suburb, just because most people understand it better, and so forth. I've also been a Washingtonian my whole life (though I grew up between DC and Baltimore, so I have some Balti-moronic influence too) so it's the city I most associate with myself. I gotta tell ya, there's nothing like driving home from college and passing the U.S. Capitol, the White House, and the Washington Monument...or driving into town and seeing the Jefferson and Lincoln Memorials. I love living here.

Back