Anyone for a nightcap?

FurryFury said:
Ah! Got it!

Sounds like some great therapy there! Awesome!

My kids know if it's a fire they can't put out or a wound that won't stop bleeding they can wake me up. Otherwise, NOoooooooo!!!

It was good therapy. Really good. :)

intothewoods said:
Do you, Sir Mohegan? I believe there is only one king at the Ren Faire, but I am happy to address you accordingly.

I actually can only base this assumption on a recent episode of The Girls Next Door, a reality show about Hugh Hefner and his girlfriends. In the episode, the girls and Hef all attended the Ren Faire, and Hef was the one and only King.
Well, obviously Hef has the right idea.

I don't want to be addressed as Sir So-and-So, like every person who shows up with the requisite plumbing. It's Your Majesty or nothing for me!

JMohegan said:
Well, obviously Hef has the right idea.

I don't want to be addressed as Sir So-and-So, like every person who shows up with the requisite plumbing. It's Your Majesty or nothing for me!

Absolutely, Your Majesty.

At first I thought you were implying that I address every man who shows up at my house as Sir So-and-so, but I get it, at the Ren Faire. Er. Right? Your Majesty?

The people want to know, Your Majesty. Will you ever deign to receive PMs from us common folk? Just wondering. Out of curiousity. Nothing specific, of course.

intothewoods said:
Absolutely, Your Majesty.

At first I thought you were implying that I address every man who shows up at my house as Sir So-and-so, but I get it, at the Ren Faire. Er. Right? Your Majesty?

The people want to know, Your Majesty. Will you ever deign to receive PMs from us common folk? Just wondering. Out of curiousity. Nothing specific, of course.
Yes, I meant Ren Faire. Since I'm King, we'll be having archery contests non-stop. And all the females will be serving ale in appropriate wench attire, whether they like it or not! :D

I missed the segue from Ren to PM, but - no, I don't do the PM thing. Turned mine off about a year ago. From my perspective, there's way too much unnecessary drama going on behind the scenes on this board.

JMohegan said:
Yes, I meant Ren Faire. Since I'm King, we'll be having archery contests non-stop. And all the females will be serving ale in appropriate wench attire, whether they like it or not! :D

I missed the segue from Ren to PM, but - no, I don't do the PM thing. Turned mine off about a year ago. From my perspective, there's way too much unnecessary drama going on behind the scenes on this board.

There was no segue. I'm not particularly smooth. Drama is pretty unnecessary. I do have to agree with you there.

Who the hell has time for PM's? If I did I'd be chatting you both up more in mine probably.

(yes I realize I'm not included in this convo, but I thought butting the fuck in is good for a nightcap thread being worked at 2 in the afternoon)

Netzach said:
Who the hell has time for PM's? If I did I'd be chatting you both up more in mine probably.

(yes I realize I'm not included in this convo, but I thought butting the fuck in is good for a nightcap thread being worked at 2 in the afternoon)

Hee hee. You kill me, Netz. Quite honestly, I should be working, but my brain is fried from therapy this morning. It's mush in there. Very sad, really. I may as well have a nightcap!

Any single malt in the house? I could really use a quiet drink in a comfortable chair. Some good conversation would top it off nicely.

No, but I may be hitting the woodchuck cider early at this rate.

Netzach said:
Come again? I always thought they used apples in the civilized part of North America.

Netzach said:

Wonders: How much woodchuck cider could a woodchuck suck if a woodchuck could suck woodchuck cider?

midwestyankee said:
Any single malt in the house? I could really use a quiet drink in a comfortable chair. Some good conversation would top it off nicely.

Wubbing ur back!

JMohegan said:

Some one call for a serving wench? ;)

JMohegan said:
What do they call males at those events?

I'm thinking: "Your Majesty" has a nice ring to it.
While looking around at a recent ren-faire, I had heard one of the guys ask a woman something; and said Do you know "yada yada yada", Milady?

She in return replied "No, M'Lord; I do not".

Don't know if they all address each other with those terms or not, but think its because of the time frame of Renaissance; and how people spoke back then.

doveofserenity said:
While looking around at a recent ren-faire, I had heard one of the guys ask a woman something; and said Do you know "yada yada yada", Milady?

Don't know if they all address each other with those terms or not, but think its because of the time frame of Renaissance; and how people spoke back then.

Yes, m'lady, or my lady or me lady and the same for m'lord, my lord, me lord, are the most common terms used. Sire is another, tho tends to be addressing some one of higher rank where as m'lord could be any tom dick or harry. :)

I'm having a glass of some of the shittiest tasting syrah wine I've ever tasted. If I didn't know what good tasted like, I'd be turned off.
This is soooooo bad, I may even pour out the rest of the bottle.

coy_one said:
I'm having a glass of some of the shittiest tasting syrah wine I've ever tasted. If I didn't know what good tasted like, I'd be turned off.
This is soooooo bad, I may even pour out the rest of the bottle.

It might just be off or a bum case. I once brought this wine to a party that I love, ranting about what a great local find it is, how drinkable and cheap.

Um, yeah, it started like a rubber tire and ended like paint fumes. We dumped it. It was a bad case, but I've never stopped getting teased about it.

I had some wine with pizza earlier. Had a friend and her kids over.

Now I'm yawning and fantasizing about sleep. Oooh...sleep...hawt.

Do you think I scared JMohegan away? Oh well. 'Tis a shame, m'lords and ladies! Oh dear. Now I can't stop. I've been infected with renfaireitis!

the captians wench said:
Some one call for a serving wench? ;)
I knew I could count on you. ;)

doveofserenity said:

Thanks, dove. That makes sense.

In my head, I can not separate "Milady" from Milady De Winter - one of the most odious characters in all of literature!

JMohegan said:
In my head, I can not separate "Milady" from Milady De Winter - one of the most odious characters in all of literature!

Hang out in Renfairs and SCA Events and you'll lose that association.

If there were Regency fairs I'd be all over that. People debating the rights of Man, jolting themselves with electricity and wearing a skirt I could hide two people under comfortably while they serviced me I could get into.

Back