The BDSM Book Club Discussion Thread

The Professional by Kresley Cole

I wouldn't have had a happy ending. Call me cynical, but I wish one of these damn books would end with a state of conflict, or even a melancholy catharsis.

I like happy endings, but these sappy ones I tend to just skim over. Once all the ends are tied up the rest, for me, is superfluous. "I love you." "no, i love you more." "I love the mostest!" *gag*

Good to know.

Okay, now I know I'm not the only one without a super sensitive vagina, can I also say this sounds gross, too?

Totally grosses me out... So much. Semen is kind of a hard line for me, in several instances, unless we're making babies, which will never happen again.

I like happy endings, but these sappy ones I tend to just skim over. Once all the ends are tied up the rest, for me, is superfluous. "I love you." "no, i love you more." "I love the mostest!" *gag*

Sap. That is exactly the way to put it. Sap makes me horribly uncomfortable.

Thanks ladies!

I LOVE that throbbing cock thing! It's almost like I'm coming again! LOVE!

I do like semen. I've often wondered if I could live on a diet of it alone.

But this hot, scalding, thick, ropes thing is just not something I've ever felt in or outside of me. Damn.

Glad it's not just me!

:)

NOT just you. LOL I've felt plenty of wonderful throbbing cocks, but that's about it. Anatomically, there simply aren't enough nerve endings in the vagina to make that possible. I know, I'm a killjoy. :p

Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for writing up your thoughts too!

I don't mind happy endings at all but I can understand your irritation. Really though aren't all Russian mobsters happy? I think so. (Joking!)

No, I actually enjoyed it. I'm just processing my feelings on the ending still.

There is a series which has really won my heart, in part because she doesn't write absolute 'happily ever after' endings (Masters at Arms by Kallypso Masters). All of her characters are imperfect souls, and though the drama sometimes gets a bit much, most of it really isn't over the top or unrealistic. The male protagonists are all former military (which is part of what brings them together) and have a range of issues as a result, particularly PTSD. The female leads are equally interesting. Once the series gets going, multiple characters' stories intertwine so there's always a degree of 'work in progress' going on, which I appreciate and which, obviously, keeps me coming back. Oh, and the BDSM is very well written, too. :)

There is a series which has really won my heart, in part because she doesn't write absolute 'happily ever after' endings (Masters at Arms by Kallypso Masters). All of her characters are imperfect souls, and though the drama sometimes gets a bit much, most of it really isn't over the top or unrealistic. The male protagonists are all former military (which is part of what brings them together) and have a range of issues as a result, particularly PTSD. The female leads are equally interesting. Once the series gets going, multiple characters' stories intertwine so there's always a degree of 'work in progress' going on, which I appreciate and which, obviously, keeps me coming back. Oh, and the BDSM is very well written, too. :)

Is that a book nomination I hear?

That is now our December 2015 book.

Nominations are open for our January 2016 book.

:rose:

You are sooooo not alone!

Phew! I actually own the first three. Bought them years ago, but what I remember is how non-consensual a good portion of the sex is. As a woman's health provider, believing consent and autonomy are sacred, it is a hard read.

Let's be clear. You don't have to read any book you don't want to. The good news is this might be at your library for free.

The bad news is that I hate that world and every single character in it. It makes no sense to me.

Closer and Closer by Jenna Barton

Did you like the book overall or not?

Yes.

Do you feel it portrays BDSM in a real way, a positive way and/or your way?

Well, I think it was pretty realistic.

Did you like the sex scenes in the book?

Yes, but on a scale of 1 to 10 it was a 5 on my hot-o-meter.

Did you like the rest of the book, the story in it?

I really like the main characters. In a 'if i met them in real life' way.

Would you be interested in reading another book by this author?

Possibly. I like a bit of reluctance in my smut. That said, I'm really hoping for a good story about ... shoot I forget the characters name. The one with the asshole dom/husband. I'm really hoping for a story in which he ends up homeless and desolate and she finds the true man of her dreams. I'd read that story. lol

What did you like best about this selection?

I liked the characters and their real life problems and characters.

What did you like the least?

It was too realistic. lol I cried when that one girl got dumped. I hate reading stories that make me cry.

How would you have changed the story?

Honestly, while I like some reluctance, I think it would have ruined this story so nothing off hand comes to mind.

Back