The China Pearl Inn part 10

Have you started a new business? Well good for you! What's it about, if I may ask? You don't have to go into detail, of course. I hope it works out for you. *huge hugs*

Thank you sweetheart. It has been great for my mental health so far. My last job made me miserable. Working a job where I was constantly presented with mixed messages from management and the whole structure was designed to save money and not help the customer is not how I work. I am people oriented. I like solving problems for people. This was a soul crushing job.

What I am doing now provides me with much more freedom, control and the ability to work whenever I want from anywhere I want.

So thank you for the support. I am really excited to move on to this new chapter

F D I wish you the best in your new endeavors. It is good to see you back here at the Inn. you have been missed.;)

Thank you sweetheart. It has been great for my mental health so far. My last job made me miserable. Working a job where I was constantly presented with mixed messages from management and the whole structure was designed to save money and not help the customer is not how I work. I am people oriented. I like solving problems for people. This was a soul crushing job.

What I am doing now provides me with much more freedom, control and the ability to work whenever I want from anywhere I want.

So thank you for the support. I am really excited to move on to this new chapter

Alas this is the way of the modern corporation, money hungry ass holes lol

It amazes me that we can look at corporate America, recognize that for most of them profit and greed for more is all they care about and then loudly declare what we need to run this country is a Business Man!

You have got to be kidding. But then most Americans can't even be bothered to vote.

My apologies This time of year my mind and heart stray to close friends who died so we have that right to vote. It is getting harder and harder for me to believe that they did not die in vain.

It amazes me that we can look at corporate America, recognize that for most of them profit and greed for more is all they care about and then loudly declare what we need to run this country is a Business Man!

You have got to be kidding. But then most Americans can't even be bothered to vote.

My apologies This time of year my mind and heart stray to close friends who died so we have that right to vote. It is getting harder and harder for me to believe that they did not die in vain.

They didn't. They died fighting so that we could have the right to vote. We still have that right. Hundred of thousands of more people voted in this election than the last mid-term. What we have are thousands of people standing in line for hours to use their right to vote. We have Native Americans, LGBT, the youngest woman, the first Muslim women, the first minority or woman from some states being elected to important positions.

We still have the Constitution, no matter how much certain people think they can circumvent or change it at will. We have people that care about each other and come together in times of trouble. We have people that care about the earth and what is happening to it. The fact that so many areas have changed from Republican to Democrat shows that there are people that care about what is going on in Washington. Yes, elections cause changes from Republican majority to Democratic majority and back, but they always have. But young people are paying attention, they are voting, they CARE.

Those soldiers that gave their lives, gave them so that the next generation could have the right to make changes when they don't like what they see and hear.

And that, is pretty darn incredible!!!!

(and brings me to tears)

*Somewhere in the darkest corner of the room a rumpled blanket starts to move*

*From the awful depths something stinky, broken and also extra... stinky emerges.*

*Bleary eyed, the newcomer, conscious but not necisarily happy about it gropes hisway towards the bar trying to form words... well just one word really*

"GIN!"

Dutch or English Gin Uggg? Welcome back.

little london dry would be nice my friend. Much appreciated. :)

Not really back proper yet though. Will be in and out a bit over the next week or so but It'll be a while before I can spend much time online.

Uggg:rose:

Sounds like a delicious Inn to be stranded at.

We are a mid 60's couple who live the life style of what is referred to as role playing.
Ours is a permanently one-sided "role playing".
She, the sex maniac predator takes what she wants and whenever she needs it, from her captive play toy.
It does not get any better than that, only more exhaustive.
The spider and her fly.:D

F D I wish you the best in your new endeavors. It is good to see you back here at the Inn. you have been missed.;)

Much appreciated! Yeah maintaining a presence in social places is always a struggle for me. People are always better off catching me in PM. Even a place like this where I know most everyone my introvert and depression kick in and I vanish, that is without being crazy busy with stories and a new business.

Alas this is the way of the modern corporation, money hungry ass holes lol

I know! Man it is amazing how the world has changed in 30 years.

Christ CG I don't blame you for being cynical about it. My personality makes me cynical about humanity as a whole despite really wanting to believe that they will stop being lemmings.

I am fantastic and recognizing patterns in people, their behavior on an individual and cultural scale, as well as patterns in the world. It almost looks like ESP but it is really just high-level pattern recognition. When you look at the capacity for good humans have, and then you watch them throw that capacity in the shitter and be complete monsters on a daily basis it makes me want to scream.

Humans are the only species who are fucking self-destructive, and praying mantis mate then cut fucking heads off.

Yeah, I just read about how the white house is being sued over a 1st amendment violation. Apparently, they revoked a CNN journalists credentials because the president threw a tantrum after the midterms and he asked the wrong questions that day. This is the leader of our country. A criminal man-child. It is amazing we haven't been in a nuclear war yet.

Woke this morning to the news the CO is flying in and has called a full muster for tomorrow, my last day before beginning maternity leave. Could have done without that!

Then at the weekend everyone flies off on deployment and I can’t help them. SF, you asked about Rick - his deployment with Tom is part of SRR, not NRR and they should be returned before the end of November.

CG, I see we’ve already passed the 100 post mark!

Woke this morning to the news the CO is flying in and has called a full muster for tomorrow, my last day before beginning maternity leave. Could have done without that!

Then at the weekend everyone flies off on deployment and I can’t help them. SF, you asked about Rick - his deployment with Tom is part of SRR, not NRR and they should be returned before the end of November.

Good to see you again GG. Sounds like things are about to get exciting for you. I am on my way out the door. Just wanted to say hi. :kiss:

We are a mid 60's couple who live the life style of what is referred to as role playing.
Ours is a permanently one-sided "role playing".
She, the sex maniac predator takes what she wants and whenever she needs it, from her captive play toy.
It does not get any better than that, only more exhaustive.
The spider and her fly.:D

Welcome to the Inn

Much appreciated! Yeah maintaining a presence in social places is always a struggle for me. People are always better off catching me in PM. Even a place like this where I know most everyone my introvert and depression kick in and I vanish, that is without being crazy busy with stories and a new business.

I know! Man it is amazing how the world has changed in 30 years.

Christ CG I don't blame you for being cynical about it. My personality makes me cynical about humanity as a whole despite really wanting to believe that they will stop being lemmings.

I am fantastic and recognizing patterns in people, their behavior on an individual and cultural scale, as well as patterns in the world. It almost looks like ESP but it is really just high-level pattern recognition. When you look at the capacity for good humans have, and then you watch them throw that capacity in the shitter and be complete monsters on a daily basis it makes me want to scream.

Humans are the only species who are fucking self-destructive, and praying mantis mate then cut fucking heads off.

Yeah, I just read about how the white house is being sued over a 1st amendment violation. Apparently, they revoked a CNN journalists credentials because the president threw a tantrum after the midterms and he asked the wrong questions that day. This is the leader of our country. A criminal man-child. It is amazing we haven't been in a nuclear war yet.

I agree with your opinion of our leader. But I am trying to find some hope from the last election. I don't expect miracles. There are way too many people that are just plain sociopathic nuts in our country. Personally, I grew up in the sixties and seventies. People worked so hard to try to make changes and I thought we were making progress. When I see what is going on and the things people say and the way people say them, then I feel very depressed. I can only hope that the next generations get scared enough by what they have seen to make major changes. But I will never believe that the soldiers that have given their lives or the "soldiers" of the Civil Rights battles that gave their lives, gave them in vain. I can't. If I did, I would lose all hope. And hope is very important to a cynicalm pessimist like me. :)

Oh good. It would be nice for both of you if he was there for the birth. Although, I hear marines have been known to faint during the births of their children. ;):D

Sorry to hear you’re sick Shiva, I prescribe a hot bath, a bottle of whisky and I’ll get one of my medics to give you a full body massage.

I’m fine. Handing over my office to an American based in Norway, a military nurse who leaves the army in December 2019. That’s when I return from maternity leave. I’m due to leave here Thursday. My midwife (a girl I trained) tells me I’m due January 20th. I make it January 11th.

Robyn & Sal are in a school trying to sell the army to school leavers. When I did that I received a love letter from a 15 year old boy who wanted me to run away with him!

CG, I see the new inn already has 4 pages - makes it the greatest site on Lit.

That body massage sound amazing. Gonna hold off on the whiskey as my tummy has taken a bad turn with these antibiotics.

I hope you take the time to really enjoy your maternity leave. Enjoy everything being about you and your comfort for now, (sorry to say it won't last). I'm sure you'll have a great time being a mom. Don't worry about every last detail. In two years, you won't even remember what giving birth felt like. (That's how they trick ya into doing it again! xD)

Seeing as you all are so lovely, I wouldn't doubt that the ladies will have a few junior boyfriends *lmao* Did you ever write back to him and break his heart? I would have. But I'm an evil girl. :devil:

I laugh as Shiva downs her drink in no more that a gulp or two.

Glad to see you like it Shiva. ;)

Yes should actually move in first week of December so things will be very busy then but I am sure I can make some time for the Inn and writing. :D

That's great. We always make time when it's dear to us. And no worries for taking time off to attend to real life. That's important too.

*offers up a share of the whisky, comfy chair and something warm to snuggle into*

I sure could use a snuggle partner. I accidentally spilled children's paracetamol all over my bedding this morning about 4am. So have new duvet covers and have to wash my blanket. :eek:

Wow, lots of familiar faces. Hi everyone. :)

I knew I needed two years of a foreign language to get into college so I started taking Spanish. Most of the kids I knew were taking Latin. But we lived in Southern California so taking Spanish made more sense to me. The class was predominantly grammar. I figured since I didn't like doing the English grammar exercises, I wouldn't go overboard with the Spanish conjugations. A year and a half later, I was barely passing the class and grateful that the whole ordeal was almost over, only to find out that the two years I had taken would not be counted towards college as I took them too early. So I had to take two more years. I liked the last year because it was mostly reading. But in all four years, there was very little conversation that wasn't directed by the textbook.

I didn't plan on speaking it again, but, you know how that goes. When I graduated from college I ended up working in an area that was 98% Spanish speaking. I could read and write Spanish pretty well, my grammar isn't great, but I struggle with understanding spoken Spanish because I have auditory processing problems. It has been twenty years since I worked in that area and I have lost most of words. Sometimes I still find myself talking to some kid in Spanish in my dreams though. LOL I am sure the grammar is perfect then. :rolleyes::D

I spent about five minutes trying to learn Navajo but it is too gutteral for me. I can't get those deep throat sounds to come out. Course I never could roll my Rs either.

So I completely understand the difficulty learning a new language. One of my greatest reliefs in life is that I was born in an English speaking household. English is a horribly difficult language to learn because the rules make no sense. I am always impressed with people that learn the darn language.

Everyone deployable is going somewhere? Rats, they just got home. Any chance Rick will be there for the baby's birth?

Learning Spanish does make sense in the US. I was going to take that when I had the opportunity, but I learned German instead. I'm still not great at it. It's confusing with both Danish and English in my brain. I'd like to pick up another language- potentially something useful like Mandarin, but I want to go the fun route and learn Irish Gaelic or French instead.

Good Evening All!

Just catching up a bit. I have been working on a turkey farm these last few days, and, amazingly, nothing I do requires a computer, thus have not been online.

GG, I am relieved your leave comes soon. I think of you and your cub often.

Robyn, I have finally posted to Charlotte. Thank you for accepting my periodic absences.

Shiva, I think a hot whiskey sour is called a Hot Toddy. I have made them for years. I am not sure of the curative qualities, but at least you don't care as much. :)

CG, thanks for Inn X! A venerable institution must be preserved.

Hot Toddy. I thought that was something else more XXXplicit. My bad :devil:

That makes me really happy to hear. You deserve this break after all that blah. As with any job, if it makes you happy, you will do good work. :heart:

*picks up pom poms and does a cheer dance in your favor*

You can succeed! I know you can!! You got this!!!

*Somewhere in the darkest corner of the room a rumpled blanket starts to move*

*From the awful depths something stinky, broken and also extra... stinky emerges.*

*Bleary eyed, the newcomer, conscious but not necisarily happy about it gropes hisway towards the bar trying to form words... well just one word really*

"GIN!"

*Quickly intercepts him to the nearest washroom and tidy's him up a bit* :eek:

*Various noises and giggling ensues* :devil:

*Presents a squeaky clean puppy for Gin drinking purposes* :heart:

Sorry if I missed anyone!

Hi everyone!

I kinda sorta have my voice back now. It's just my tummy that's all gross. I can't sleep and every time I eat, I get nauseated. Blurf. That is all xD

Tomorrow I have a dr. appt again. I hope to return to work on Friday, but unsure if working with solvents will be good for my, already irritated, mucus membranes.

That body massage sound amazing. Gonna hold off on the whiskey as my tummy has taken a bad turn with these antibiotics.

I hope you take the time to really enjoy your maternity leave. Enjoy everything being about you and your comfort for now, (sorry to say it won't last). I'm sure you'll have a great time being a mom. Don't worry about every last detail. In two years, you won't even remember what giving birth felt like. (That's how they trick ya into doing it again! xD)

Seeing as you all are so lovely, I wouldn't doubt that the ladies will have a few junior boyfriends *lmao* Did you ever write back to him and break his heart? I would have. But I'm an evil girl. :devil:

I had to write back to him, it’s army policy to reply to all letters received after a recruitment drive. I told him I was flattered but I was already engaged to be married and I wished him well. He wrote back to say I should leave Rick and he enclosed a photo and a lock of hair. I replied by saying he was so good looking he would have a swarm of girls chasing him and I wouldn’t have a chance. When he wrote a third time I had to be blunt and say I didn’t fancy him and if he wrote again I’d inform his head teacher. I didn’t get a reply.

In reality I ensured every letter and my reply were on file just in case the sh*t hit the fan.

little london dry would be nice my friend. Much appreciated. :)

Not really back proper yet though. Will be in and out a bit over the next week or so but It'll be a while before I can spend much time online.

Uggg:rose:

visit when you can Uggg. I slide over a bottle of London's best gin
There will be a place here for you my friend.

Welcome manypleasures and I quite agree with you the Inn is a delightful place to be stranded whether the weather is foul or fair. ;)

I had to write back to him, it’s army policy to reply to all letters received after a recruitment drive. I told him I was flattered but I was already engaged to be married and I wished him well. He wrote back to say I should leave Rick and he enclosed a photo and a lock of hair. I replied by saying he was so good looking he would have a swarm of girls chasing him and I wouldn’t have a chance. When he wrote a third time I had to be blunt and say I didn’t fancy him and if he wrote again I’d inform his head teacher. I didn’t get a reply.

In reality I ensured every letter and my reply were on file just in case the sh*t hit the fan.

Morning G G, a hug and a soft morning kiss

It is a shame that we have to keep copies on that kind of correspondence as a part of CYA.

Morning Shiva hope your feeling better.

FD the world is to say the least a funny old place.;)

Back