The One Night Stand (closed)

silvertongue217

Literotica Guru
Joined
May 21, 2014
Posts
6,390
The crash of thunder woke him up

He heard the pounding of rain on his roof and groaned sitting up. All at once the dull ache of his hangover rose to greet him causing the 23 year old to literally double over and groan. His mind struggled to piece together the events of last night. He and a few of his other mate’s decided to head over to the touristy part of London. His friends were convinced they could find them selves a foreign girl to take home and Ian decided to tag along for fun and to unwind. He was now officially one year away from finishing his residency and becoming a fully-fledged doctor. He could already feel the pressure of his father to join his practice and his mother to find some one to settle down with and the fresh air and chance to be normal was some thing he tried to jump on whenever he could.

Ian frowned trying to remember what happened after they got toe the club. He wasn’t usually a drinker but he vaguely remembered getting a round of shots with his mate and a group of girls.

Girls

He turned is head noticing the sleeping form next to him. More of the night came back to him dancing close with the woman in his bed and then running off and back to his flat. He remembered what happened next was some of the best sex of his life of course he hadn’t really been with that many girls but even if he had he was pretty sure the girl currently in his bed would have still com out on top. From what he remembered they hit it off great in the club before coming back but he could only remember fragments of the night before.

“Bloody Hell” Ian murmured running a hand through his thick sandy brown hair. He idly scratched at the stubble on his chin trying to figure out how best to approach this. They were in his flat so leaving wasn’t an option and even if it was he wasn’t sure he wanted to. The great sex and hints of a connection he remembered were more than enough to give him pause to talk to the woman.

“Breakfast then” He said reaching over to pull a simple gray v-neck on and a matching pair of bottoms. He paused to put a shirt on the bed she would be able to use and then turned stepping out of his small bedroom and into the equally small flat. He didn’t like relying on his parent’s money but he made an exception when he tried living in the dorms with the other. They bought him a small little flat close enough to school so he could commute every day it was small but after the mansion he liked having some thing small to make his own. He stepped out moving to the kitchen running his hand over the stainless steel counter as he settled into his one true love.

Cooking

Even from an early age he loved to cook learning from the family cook Mrs. Doubtwright the older French lady was a master of cuisine and was some thing of a mother to him. She taught him every thing she knew about cooking teaching him and adding throughout the years. From the time he was ten he could cook circles around both of his parents and dreamed about running away and opening his own restaurant some where in the country side.

He sighed and went to work cracking and beating the eggs as he made his patented Omelet. He busied himself for an hour preparing the omelet and the ingredients while also pouring her some orang juice. He grabbed the tray he used for eating breakfast in bed and placed it making sure to work on his placement and adding a fresh flower for some pinash. He balanced the tray and came in peeking to see if his “Guest” was awake his bright green eyes settling on her and taking her in.
 
It was the door that roused her. She assumed it was Mandi going to the bathroom in their hotel room but confusion set in when she open her eyes. A single bed in a room half as large as the one they'd been staying in. And worse it smelled like a man's room. Not that it was rank or anything, but it had that usual combination of colognes and...

"Son of a bitch," she grumbled with the slow realization that she was naked. With her face in her hands, she tried to remember what happened the night before. Anything that happened. She remember leaving the hotel with Mandi to meet up with some students they’d met on the train from Glasgow. If she were alone Yvette would stayed in the room but Mandi wouldn’t have it, forced her out of her flannel and stretch pants, into a dress that hugged her curves. And insisted that she leave the camera at home.

“You work too hard Evie,” Mandi told her more than once on this trip. That was the difference between them. They’d been best friends since their freshmen year in high school, even though Yvette was on scholarship and the library was named after Mandi’s grandfather, they were inseparable from the start. So Yvette didn’t have the luxury of rich parents like Mandi to pay her way if she fell on her face with this travel blog. In fact Mandi’s parents were footing the bill for this entire endeavor while Yvette told her parents that she was in a study abroad program. At 22, she was too old to feel the need to lie to them but she was tired of them telling her that photography was not a real profession, even if she’d been getting enough freelance work to send them money on occasion. This was supposed to get their name out there in the hopes that they could parlay it into a travel show. That was Mandi’s dream anyway, Yvette just wanted to get paid.

She spun the ring on her left index finger with her thumb as her eyes scanned the room for any hint of what happened the night before. Then she saw the sneakers, peeking out from a pair of jeans on the floor by the bed. The guys from the train, well the one who the sneakers belonged to wasn’t on the train but he was a friend of theirs and for the life of her she couldn’t remember his name. He’d made her laugh though, a lot and Yvette remembered Mandi teasing that this was the first time she seemed like she was enjoying herself. And dancing, he wasn’t very good but he tried his best to keep up.

She found herself smiling, despite the situation, as she drag herself out of bed and found the neatly folded t-shirt that had been placed beside her. “So he’s not some douche bag,” she mumbled, shaking her head as she pulled it on. There were books on the desk. Text books. He was a medical student, she remembered being impressed by that even though though he didn’t seem that enthusiastic about it.

And then there were footsteps, and Yvette scrambled around the room searching for anything that might tell her his name. She felt bad for snooping but she thought it would be worse if the first thing she asked was his name. Just as the door opened, she saw it. His ID but the door was opening before she could read it and there he stood with a tray laden with breakfast. The smile on his face put one on hers and it was enough to make her remember.

“Ian...thanks for the shirt.”
 
“Ah you remembered my name!” Ian said grinning at her as he came in balancing the tray in his hands “I was worried I hadn’t made that much of a lasting impression Yvette” He said with a sly wink. He noticed she had chosen to put on his shirt and his eyes quickly on their own accord ran up and down her frame noting how well it looked on her. His mind once again flashed to last night bits of it filtering back in. He remembered meeting her and her friend on the train and going to the club with them. Yvette and he hit it off fast so much so that he seemed to remember a friend of hers making some kind of comment.

Then of course they went back to his flat

“I made you breakfast” He said shaking him back into reality and feeling a blush beginning o cross his cheeks “I didn’t know what you liked so I made you an omelet and some fresh squeezed orange juice” He said walking over to the bed and placing it in her lap.

“So not to gush like a girl” He said sitting down on the bed across from her and crossing his legs “I don’t usually do this” He said nodding at her and him “but I am glad I did from what I remember of last night we had an amazing time together both in the club and in here” He remarked a sweet boyish grin crossing his face. His dark green eyes smoky with memories and lust.
 
"Evie," she corrected him with a smile, feeling all of a sudden uncomfortable with this stranger who'd made her breakfast. "I don't either...like ever. I would accuse you of putting something in my drink but I'm getting bits and pieces the more awake I get. I'm kidding by the way," she said as she grabbed the glass of orange juice and took a sip. "I have the worst since of humor...especially when I'm nervous."

And it seemed that admitting it only amplified her bashfulness as she fiddled with the bottom of his t-shirt unable to meet his eyes. "This is nice of you...the shirt. Breakfast. I don't think I've ever had breakfast in bed," she said, trying to ignore the pang of guilt in her belly for telling Ian that. Which got her wondering if the topic of her engagement even came up the night before. She chuckled at the thought.

Why would that even come up? It's not like it was something she bragged about, she hadn't even told her parents yet. And it was months before Yvette told Mandi. Almost 10 years of frindship, Mandi knew immediately why Yvette had been so tight lipped about it. She didn't want to get married. Not yet. And not to him.

Yvette let out a deep sigh as she shook herself back to the present. With Ian and the omelet that looked good enough to be on any brunch menu. She glanced up at him as she grabbed the fork, cut off a small bite just in case looks were deceiving, and popped it into her mouth.

"Holy shit that's good," she shouted a little, genuinely surprised that he actually made it. "So last night you said you were a medical student, but this says cook to me. Tell me the truth, which is it? I promise I won't be pissed if you lied," she promised between bites.
 
“Oh well its my pleasure” He said brightening up a little as she admitted no guy ever did it for her “I don’t often get to cook for any one except a few close personal friends and that’s few and far between I have certainly never cooked any one breakfast in bed” He admitted sliding onto the bed and joining her. All at once he could see why he had fallen for her or at least been smitten enough to bring her back to his flat. She had a charming smile and even in his shirt and after a hang over she looked breath takingly beautiful. There was also some thing about her a sort of openness he so rarely found on people these days.

He watched her take a bite noting her nerves and trying to keep the smile off of his face. He expected a pleasant surprise but her praise took him off guard coloring his cheeks with a little blush as he watched her eat more.

“I am sadly” He said wincing at his slip up “I am almost done with my residency after that I am a doctor but to be honest cooking is my real love” He said nodding at the omelet “I rarely get to cook for any one though most of my doctor friends don’t approve” He said rolling his eyes before leaning back to study her.

“So Evie” He said looking her up and down “I seem to remember you mentioning some thing about traveling which means you wont be around for long sadly” He said a teasing sexy smirk crossing his face.

“Where are you from? I seem to remember you mentioning it but those pesky hangovers you know how they can be” He said letting himself enjoy her reaction to his cooking.
 
"I'm from New York...well that's where I live now anyway. I was born in Jersey, but I got a scholarship to an arts high school in the city and never looked back. Me and my roommate, Mandi, the girl I was with last night, are working on a travel blog for single twentysomethings who want to see the world without breaking the bank and not seem like typical obnoxious Americans. We get a bad rap but not all of us are the flag waving imbeciles you see on tv. Not that I don't love my country...it's just...And I just realized I'm rambling ," she said with a little giggle ands covered her face to take a deep breathe. "I tend to do that when I'm nervous," she told him then quickly busied her mouth with more omelet.

As she ate, Yvette was keenly aware of him watching her. Not in a creepy way but still it was awkward to have this stranger sitting there silently watching her enjoy breakfast. She ate as quickly as she could without looking like a pig and placed the fork on the empty plate and glanced up at him

"So to answer your question, no we won't be here long. A week or so and then we're off to France to meet her parents in Paris. Then Ibiza I think. I only care about the last stop. Mykonos and I can't wait."
 
“That makes me sad” He said smiling at her and taking her plate with out a word “I enjoy your company or at least what I remember of it from the night before” He remarked getting up and stretching the shirt riding up to reveal the slim V of his hip.

“And while I am not one to air dirty laundry” He said giving he a cheesy grin “the sex last night was amazing” He sing songed winking at her before disappearing into the kitchen. He put the plate on the sink and stepped back in crossing his arms and watching her.

“So I have a proposal for you I’m actually off on break for the next week while I wait for my test scores to come in” He explained eyeing her up and down “if your willing I’d like to spend the time with you as much of it as possible”
 
That was exactly what she didn't want him to say. It was one thing to have a drunken tryst, it was another to play the dating game when there was a man waiting for her back home. Yvette should have told him but she didn't and now she was stuck feeling guilty thousands of miles away.

"I'd love to, really I would," she began, her eyes on the floor as she stood up, searching for her clothes. "But I can't. I shouldn't have come here last night, but we were having such a good time. I haven't laughed so hard this whole trip but still I can't Ian...I'm...I have a fiancee. I should have told you last night but I didn't think we'd end up...It was fun really it was...Amazing but I can't. I can't do that to him," she said and quickly pulled off his t-shirt to put the dress she'd worn last night back on. "I can't believe I did this," she mumbled, all of a sudden the realization setting in. And so came the tears. Quiet ones, but still tears none the less.

"You're really sweet Ian. I'm so sorry," she said as she moved around him to get out of his bedroom. It wasn't until she got to his door that she realized she had no idea where she was or how to get back to the hotel. She dug into her tiny clutch for her phone and found it dead from a night with no charger. "Ughhhh fuck my life," she mumbled and tapped her head against the door.
 
He watched her go trying to cut in several times and talk to her. She wasn’t having it though quickly getting dressed and talking a mile a minute before finally leaving. He was so shocked by the turn of events that it took him several minutes to realize she was tapping her head against his door and clearly not having left yet. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

“Don’t get involved” He murmured to himself “don’t get involved” H repeated trying to get her out of his mind.

And found he couldn’t

“Fuck my life” He whispered before getting up He quickly got dressed pulling on Jeans and a simple fitted white t shirt before following her out.

“I know where you’re staying at” He said grabbing his keys and gently grabbing her hand “I’ll take you there” He said opening the door and leading her outside.

He walked her outside over to a nice Mercedes parked ostentatiously between a bunch of junkier looking cars. He felt a brief flash of embarrassment but opened the passenger sidecar door for her before going around and getting into the drivers side. He turned the car on and pulled out glancing at her and biting his lip as he took off down the street.

“So this guy” He said not looking at her “does he treat you right? Is he good to you?” he said wanting and hoping that maybe he didn’t maybe they could have some thing together before she left. He didn’t know what it was about the girl but he knew he didn’t want this to be there last bit of time together not yet at least.
 
Yvette stared out the window, not really wanting to talk about anything else but she didn't feel right ignoring his questions. But she wasn't sure just how honest she should be, until she looked at him. Those green eyes stealing glances at her but he kept his hands on the wheel. He didn't have to take her, could have just left her to find her own way back. She thought he deserved the truth, all of it.

"If good to you mean he doesn't beat on me or cheat then I guess so," she said with a nervous laugh then shook her head at how unfair that sounded. He was a good guy and she told Ian as much. "I guess I'm just not what he's looking for, you know. He wants the American dream. White picket fence, 2.5 kids, a two car garage, and a dog. He's 26, has a pretty good job, stable, and my parents love him and so do I, it's just...That's just not me, not yet anyway. I don't want to be them you know, when all the kids are gone looking back on my life and him, wondering what the fuck happened. I want to live a little...I just wish he wanted to live a little with me."

Yvette swiped away a tear and turned her attention back to the window, watching the city pass. "This is a really nice car by the way. Thanks for driving me," she said without looking at him, not wanting this stranger to see just how much of a mess she was. Yvette stared at her reflection in the side view mirror. Her shoulder length jet black hair in a sloppy bun on the top of her head, at least she had the presence of mind to pull her bangs down to hide the mess of day old makeup on her face. And her tears weren't doing anything to cure her raccoon eyes.

"Geez, I look like shit," she mumbled to herself.
 
“I know what that’s like” He said softly keeping one and on the wheel and reaching out to take her other one. He gave her hand a gentle squeeze feeling a sense of camaraderie with the girl. He to knew what it was like to have parents who wanted him in a specific path, parents and a whole group of people who were all but pushing him down a certain path. He was still trying to make his peace with that so he certainly couldn’t fault her for not being able to do the same.

“My parents pushed me to become a doctor” He said keeping his hand on hers “they had their ways made sure that the path that I went on was the on they wanted me to be on I’m good at being a doctor but it isn’t what I wanted” He admitted noticing he was nearing her hotel and sighing.

“It’s okay” He told her pulling in and looking at her “not to be ready to want some thing else besides what every one else seems to want for you trust me it took me a long time not to but I think this guy whoever he is deserves to know that if he really loves you he will understand not try to change you or get rid of that unbridled passion you have”

He leaned in kissing her deeply before pulling away “and you don’t look like shit I promise you and even if we cant be together there isn’t any reason why we cant hang out right? While you are here?”
 
A little moan escaped her as she felt his mouth on hers and Yvette squeezed his hand as he pulled away. She blushed at his compliment so hard she had to look away. "What are the chances that we could hang out and not have what happened last night happen again," she asked him her tone full of doubt. "You're a really nice guy Ian, too nice to be strung along by some confused American. I had a blast with you...at least what I remember anyway but it wouldn't be right for me to spend that kind of time with you while he's at home worried about me doing just what I did last night. Thanks for breakfast...and the ride. I really appreciate it. I'm sorry but I can't see you again."

Yvette leaned over and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before she hurried inside to do the walk of shame through the hotel lobby. When the elevator finally can she was the only one on board and was treated to an express trip to her floor. She crept into the room quietly not wanting to disturb Mandi. Not wanting to go over the details of what happened the night before. She needed a shower first and to brush her teeth so she went to it.

"Where the hell do you get off sneaking in a the crack of dawn," Mandi squealed, banging on the door before she opened it. "I mean really that's my thing. You can't go stealing my thing. You're supposed to be the levelheaded one. We can't both be footloose and fancy free, otherwise we won't get anything done."

"Not right now Mandi...I really can't take you right now," Yvette said quietly not wanting her to hear her crying, but of course it didn't work.

"Evie sweetie what's wrong? Did he do something to you?! I swear I'll kill him and be out of the country before..."

"Stop it," she said, poking her head out of the curtain. "He was a perfect gentleman. Made me breakfast in bed. Even drove me back here after I told him about this whole stupid engagement thing..."

"Well why the fuck did you tell him that," was Mandi's quick response as she sat down on the cover toilet. "It's not like you're going through with it. He's not right for you Evie and you know it. Nice guy but God he's so boring."

"Yeah but that doesn't mean he deserves to be cheated on..."

"What?! Oh my goodness you slept with him...a stranger...you Yvette "the straight arrow" had a one night stand. I'm so proud, my little girl's all grown up."

"Stop it Mandi. It's not funny," she said through laughs as she shut the water off and Mandi handed her a towel to wrap up in. "He wants to see me again."

"Who?"

"Ian..."

"Awww Ian...well aren't you."

"I shouldn't."

"Oh but you will. You completely stepped out of yourself last night. It was good to see you having so much fun. If he's a nice guy like you say then why not?"
 
A few days later

“Earth to Ian!”

He scowled pushing his hoodie off of his face to turn and glare at Bridgtte. For the thousandth time that day he asked him what could have possibly possessed him to agree to his parents setting him up with Bridgette Jones. Sure he knew they wanted him with her or well they wanted to form an alliance with her family but why should he have to suffer for it. She wasn’t bad necessarily but she was a carbon copy of her parents and his snooty, over achiever, obsessed with money and looks. He could barely stomach her the few times they met.

So why agree to go with her to the London Arrow?

Because he couldn’t stop thinking about her the American who blew his mind. He wasn’t one to be smitten but he couldn’t seem to stop thinking about her. She haunted his every thought with that smile and the passion of their night together. How could some thing so could be a one time thing? And how could some thing so good be half hidden due t his drunken stupor.

“You’re not listening to me!”

“Sorry” Ian said his tone suggesting he wasn’t as he looked at her “just thinking about finale’s I told my parents I wasn’t good company”

“I don’t mind” She said reaching out to place her hand on his and some how not getting the hint the last few times she tried this and he pulled away he did so now and sighed pinching the bridge of his nose.

“I think I am going to take off” He said knowing he would catch an earful from his parents if he didn’t make a good excuse “Go check on my exam scores again bye Bridgette it was swell” He said paying for hr cup of coffee and turning on his heels. He moved quickly intent on getting out of there so fast he didn’t look to ee what or who he was about to run into.
 
After two days, Yvette was finally forgiving herself and working on forgetting him. Her happy drunken accident as Mandi called him since Yvette begged her to stop singing his name every she caught her daydreaming. She only assumed Yvette was thinking about him, they had been friends long enough to know what was going on in the other's mind without being told.

They spent that whole day and most of the next locked in the hotel room, setting them back but they both agreed that the blog could wait until Yvette had fully recovered from what she had down.

Now on day three, they hit the ground running. Granted there was no rhyme or reason to the way they moved about the city, but that was the fun of traveling when you're young and single, no itinerary, just exploration. That was one of the tenets of their blog and today they were living it to the fullest. Yvette had two memory cards full of silly pictured to go through once they finished up for the day. She was ready for a nap anyway but Mandi kept going on and on about an espresso, so Yvette allowed herself to be dragged along. Literally.

"If we're gonna be doing all this walking around I definitely need to get better shoes," she groaned about her simple ballet flats.

"I told you those were shit when you packed them but you never listen to me," was Mandi's sympathetic response, her arm linked with Yvette's as the headed toward the coffee shop not too far from their hotel. "This is the last stop Evie I swear. How about pedicures at the hotel spa?"

"Oh I would love that," she said, looking at Mandi, when she should have been looking in front of her at the man coming out of the door she was walking into.

He wasn't looking either and Yvette barreled into his chest. "Holy shit I'm sorry," she said with an embarrassed giggle as she looked up into his bright green eyes. "Ian?"
 
“Yvette” Ian said his eyes widening in surprise at the incredible circumstances “I uh” He said blushing and noticing her friends watchful eye.

“Hi “ He said putting his hand forward and shaking hers “I don’t believe we got properly introduced my name is Ian I didn’t get a chance” He said flashing her his charming smile before turning his attention back to Yvette.

“I” He said his dark eyes studying her intently “I cant believe I ran into you again” He murmured his eyes clearly smitten with her.

“Uh I was about to go get some thing to eat” He said blushing and clearing his throat “I know this great pub down the street with fish and chips we could go” he said his eyes firmly locked on Yvette “If you wouldn’t mind going with me”
 
"It's nice to finally meet you Ian. I've heard so much about you," Mandi said with a warm smile and Yvette gave her an elbow. "It is pretty weird huh..."

"Just a coincidence," was Yvette simple reply but she couldn't hold the grin off her face at the sight of him. Her stomach was in knots and she could feel herself begin to sweat, and it wasn't the weather.

"We were just going to grab a cup of coffee perhaps you'll join us..."

"Come on Mandi I'm sure he has things to do," she interrupted, ignoring his invitation and pulling her friend away. "Sorry again for pumping into you."

"No she not," Mandi said over her shoulder as Yvette dragged her inside. "He seemed nice enough why'd you turn him down."

"You know why Mandi don't play dumb," Yvette said as she made her way to the counter to order them both a double espresso. Her order placed, she couldn't help glancing back out the front windows of the coffee shop in the off chance that he might still be there.
 
He watched her go groaning as she disappeared. He felt his legs refusing to move and he realized he was at a crossroad. He could honor her wishes and go his separate ways or he could chase after her and not take no for an answer.

And really it was easy

His legs returned to him and he took off following after her. He frowned thinking he had missed her before finally spotting them in a café. He sent a quick thank you up to the heavens and moved forward spending a few minutes checking his breath and fixing his hair before walking in. He stepped in and made his way over to her placing a hand on the small of her back before stepping up and paying for her and her friends order.

“Now I paid” He said turning to her and flashing her a sexy smirk “so it would be rude not to let me enjoy your company right?” He said looking over to the Barrista.

“Uh sure?”

“There you go” Ian said smiling at her “come on” He said grabbing her drink and nodding at a spare table. He walked over and sat down waiting for her expectantly.
 
"Don't turn around," Mandi whispered quickly but Yvette didn't need to ask what her friend didn't want her to see. And in a matter of moments, his hand was on her back and he was paying for their order, grabbing their cups, and moving to an empty table. "You gotta admire his persistence. Come on give him a chance," Mandi said, taking her hand, practically dragging her along.

Yvette didn't want to sit but, Ian was right, she couldn't be rude. The best she could do was sit as far away from him as possible and try not to get lost in his eyes when he talked. She stayed quiet, sipping her coffee while Mandi pretty much interrogated him.

"So Evie says your in your last year of residency. That's pretty cool. It's crazy we're the same age and your gonna be responsible for keeping people alive while we're trying to teach people how to party on a budget," Mandi said with a chuckle, then kicked Yvette under the table.

"Oww shit...yeah it's crazy," she said with a glance at Ian, a small smile on her lips. "More exciting than insurance adjusting," she mumbled, making Mandi's nearly choke on her coffee.

"That it is," Mandi said with a smile at Ian, unwilling to elaborate if Yvette wasn't willing.
 
“Trust me its even crazier to be as young as I am and know it” Ian said flashing them both a charming smile. His eyes however remained on Yvette making it clear to any one that he was smitten with her. He hadnt bought his own drink so instead he played with a sugar packet his nimble fingers dancing over it. He could guess that hubby to be was in insurance adjusting but he wasn’t going to bring it to attention in fear she would get up and leave or freak out in any way.

“To be honest it isn’t my ideal career path” He said shrugging “I’m more of a cook then a doctor my hands like to be creating some thing saving some one is noble profession and all but not my cup of tea” He remarked smiling modestly.

“I still think what you guys are doing is cool” He said keeping his eyes on Yvette “I’ve always wanted to se the world pretty soon I will be doctoring and not have any time to” He said smiling a bit sadly.

“So are you going to talk or is going to just be her” Ian asked looking at Yvette
 
Yvette glanced up from her cup with a smirk at that and Mandi laughed hysterically. "He makes a mean omelet but in less you can make anything else I wouldn't advice you to go into the restaurant business."

"Her Mom's a chef," Mandi supplied and Yvette shot her a look. "What she is and a damn good one too. We keep trying to get her to go on one of those cooking competitions but she claims she's too old."

"Aye Mija I'm an old lady," Yvette chimed in mimicking her mother's heavy New Yorican accent. "She'd only 45..."

"And doen't look much older than we do..."

"You could cook circles around any of the people on chopped. She just afraid to try something new," she said honestly, meeting Ian's gaze for the first time since they sat down. "But I get it. She's been doing the same thing for so many years...it's comfortable you know."

"Well I say it's about time for her to get uncomfortable before it's too late," Mandi chimed in, easily following that Yvette wasn't just talking about her mother in that moment.

"Yeah well that's life Mandi...anyway thanks for the coffee Ian and sorry again about...almost running you over. We better get going."

And like that she was gone, leaving her friend at the table alone with her one night stand. Mandi gave Ian a sad look before she too got up and rushed after her friend. Neither of them realized the camera bag left on the table.
 
“Yeah” He said watching her go his eyes sad. He went to get up and leave noticing the camera bag at he last second. He sighed and picked it up deciding to go to the hotel to bring it back to her. He knew she might not be there so he stopped at a flower shop first getting a bouquet of roses and paying for them.

He went to the hotel next giving them the camera bag and explaining who it was for as well as the flowers. He noticed the man’s giddiness and rolled his eyes deciding not to tell him that he was leaving flowers for a engaged woman. He left knowing she would have his number know and would call if she actually wanted to get together again.
Though he doubted she would

He home turning on Passengers Let Her Go on his home system, As the song began to play he gathered the things he needed for dinner and in seconds he had a nice breaded chicken crackling in his skillet. He started chopping veggies for a fresh salad to go with it singing to himself as he did and trying in vain to get her out of his mind.

And failing miserbly
 
Yvette was up all night staring at those flowers and the card attached. The hotel was nice enough to leave them in her room in fresh water with her camera bag beside it. Mandi swooned when she saw them but Yvette refused to look at the card until Mandi gave up and went to sleep.

Just his name and his number, nothing special and Yvette found that endearing somehow. He just wanted her to call him and from what Mandi said, Ian was utterly defeated after she left him at the table. "Like a sad puppy without his favorite toy," were her exact word but Yvette found it hard to believe, even if that thought tugged at her heart strings.

It was three in the morning when she finally picked up the phone, but it wasn't Ian's number she dialed. She slipped the ring off her finger before she placed the call and as soon as he picked up, Yvette laid it all out for him. What happened the night before, how she'd felt since he proposed, that she understood if he never wanted to speak to her again. He tried to hide it but she could hear the tears in his voice as much as she felt them on her face, and worse he forgave her. Told her to keep the ring and call him when she got back to the states so they could talk face to face.

The sun was rising by the time she went to sleep and when she woke up she found the card on the beside table next to the phone. A coffee in a paper cup with "Call Him!!!" scrolled all over it in Mandi's bubbly script. She appreciated the coffee but she didn't need the message. Without a moments hesistation, she picked up the phone.

"Hi...it's me...Evie..."
 
“Hey” Ian said sitting up on his bed balancing the phone as he jumped up. He didn’t know why he jumped up since she wasn’t actually here but he immediately began to pace some thing he did when he was nervous or when he was excited.

“I’m so glad you called” He said before wincing and mouthing idiot “I mean I am just glad you got your camera back” he said trying to be cool before snorting.

“Nah I am glad you called” He said stepping out into his living room and plopping down on the couch “you know my offer to take you on a tour of London is still up for grabs” He said crossing his fingers as he began to babble a little.

“I know a great couple of places that you can snap pictures of and your friend is more than welcome to come also I can cook for you guys or take you to a few restaurants off the beaten path really I will do any thing you want as long as I get to see you again” He said blushing as he realized what he said.
 
"So I'm not the only one who rambles when I'm nervous," Yvette said with a giggle when he finally stopped talking. "The flowers were beautiful, you didn't have to do that. Just returning my camera was enough. I didn't even realize I forgot it until I saw it."

"Umm sure that would be nice...maybe invite some friends along to give Mandi something to write about...and you some else to cook for besides two hungry Americans. If you don't have any plans tonight. We would love a tour of the city...and I'd really like to see you again," she admitted trying not too sound overly eager, then thought what the hell. ' We've already slept together.' "I think it'll make for a nice blog entry. "Young Men of London...Handsome, Charming, and they can cook," she teased.

Without the guilt of cheating, Yvette found it easier to talk to him and she had no doubt she would enjoy his company. She just hoped they didn't end up back in bed together.
 
“Oh any plans are forgotten” Ian said laughing and shaking his head heading into his clos and trying to find some thing to wear. He normally wasn’t so…. Giddy about a date but Yvette did some thing to him stroked some thing inside of him. He felt excited for the first time in a while eager to get out and about with the free spirited girl who captured his heart.

“I wanted to do it” He said referring to the flowers “and it got you to talk to me so I would say it was money well spent” He remarked leaning against the doorframe.

“I can invite a few friends” Ian said though he wanted to be alone with her “I can take you guys to the Rook it’s a book store slash coffee store slash restaurant I know the chef and he will let me cook for you guys”

“I really want to se you again to” He said softly “I’ve missed you I know that sounds crazy but I do can I meet you at your hotel in an hour?” He asked trying not to sound so eager.
 
Back
Top