Free association thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh how true.
She really is very, very pretty.

On our block, all of the guys call her flamingo
'Cause her hair glows like the sun
And her eyes can light up the sky.
When she moves, she walks so fine, like a flamingo.
Crimson dress that clings so tight,
She's out of reach and out of sight

When she walks by, she brightens up the neighbourhood.
Oh, every guy would make her his if he just could,
If she just would ...

(Pretty Flamingo. You remember this one, HP.)

On our block, all of the guys call her flamingo
'Cause her hair glows like the sun
And her eyes can light up the sky.
When she moves, she walks so fine, like a flamingo.
Crimson dress that clings so tight,
She's out of reach and out of sight

When she walks by, she brightens up the neighbourhood.
Oh, every guy would make her his if he just could,
If she just would ...

(Pretty Flamingo. You remember this one, HP.)

Pretty Woman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PLq0_7k1jk

Oh I remember them both (I saw the big O live in a little club in the north of England. Everything stopped as for about 90 minutes, he just stood & sang to the audience, who went wild when he'd finished.

And as for pretty flamingo, we used to bop about that and others. It was a good time.

Sadly, however, Youtube seems to be having a bit of trouble: "an error has occurred".
I wonder when THAT will be sorted out.

Oh I remember them both (I saw the big O live in a little club in the north of England. Everything stopped as for about 90 minutes, he just stood & sang to the audience, who went wild when he'd finished.

And as for pretty flamingo, we used to bop about that and others. It was a good time.

Sadly, however, Youtube seems to be having a bit of trouble: "an error has occurred".
I wonder when THAT will be sorted out.

Glory Days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vQpW9XRiyM

I could/ can never understand why Barbie's shoes do not fit properly. They always seem to fall off and get lost.

My sister had one. I use to feel Barbie's plastic tits with my fingers when I was just a mere lad. If my sister only knew....ironically, plastic tit's are fairly common now.....I was way ahead of my time

It was designed as "temporary".
Sad, really.

The Crystal Palace survived until a fire in 1936. My parents saw it burn.

The legacy of the Great Exhibition is the academic area of Kensington - including The Natural History Museum, The Science Museum, The Victoria and Albert Museum and the Albert Hall.

In the last few weeks a Chinese investor has suggested that The Crystal Palace could be rebuilt using modern materials.

Another temporary exhibition structure was the Eiffel Tower. It was designed and built for a 10-year lifespan.

An iron erection, not a plastic one.

The Crystal Palace survived until a fire in 1936. My parents saw it burn.

The legacy of the Great Exhibition is the academic area of Kensington - including The Natural History Museum, The Science Museum, The Victoria and Albert Museum and the Albert Hall.

In the last few weeks a Chinese investor has suggested that The Crystal Palace could be rebuilt using modern materials.

Another temporary exhibition structure was the Eiffel Tower. It was designed and built for a 10-year lifespan.

An iron erection, not a plastic one.

'Sparrowhawks, Ma'am.'

The Duke of Wellington's advice to Queen Victoria on how to deal with the problem of birds in the Great Exhibition pavilion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back