Sexual Stories onboard a ship in the 1770's

SexSweetheart

Sexy Submissive Lover
Joined
Jan 15, 2003
Posts
22,557
Hello

I'm having a writing block in what to do with the sexual scenes for a story based on the 1700's. Have you any suggestions.

SexySweetheart :heart:
 
Some other details you might want to keep in mind:

Pirates with eye-patches lack depth perception.

Wooden ships creaked badly, so you'd have to do it in a storm if you didn't want everyone to know. (Just kidding, the boats were so small everyone would know regardless.)

Hardtack makes a servicable dildo for a short period (before it disintigrates into mush.)
 
The fetishes that go along with Age Of Sail sex often are;

M/M sex, of course. Not too many women on board those ships. Alternately, a woman disguised as a boy.

Noise. Wooden ships are never quiet. The timbers groan, the sails roar and make a cracking sound like gunshot, the sea thuds against the hull or whooshes if she's moving fast. No aural privacy. The walls (bulkheads) and floors (decks) are a single board thick. You hear everything.

Knowing the terminology is important in an Age of Sail story...

Grime, smells, muck-- Nobody could take baths, and teeth brushing was unheard of, and the bottom of every ship, in the lowest holds, ran with filthy waste water called the "bilge" -- and that was where you were most likely to go if you wanted any privacy at all.

Age discrepancies-- Boys would go on board-- willingly or not-- REALLY young. (Like, ten, twelve years too young for literotica. Lots of them died young too, but of course not in our stories) And they were thrown into contact with men of all ages. 'Nuff said.

If your ship is an official one, Navy or merchant, there is the danger of being discovered and whipped or keelhauled for sodomy. These are no fun; Keelhauling was a death sentence, in many cases-- whipping could leave scars for life. So, you can have lots of terror, or a threat for extortion if the lovers are discovered.

Pirate ships can be prudish or licentious, depending on the group that sail them. captain gets first pick, unless he's been mutinied against, in which case he might BE the first pick of the new captain...
 
Did you catch the series "The Tudors"? Henry's sister and best friend did the dirty very nicely when he was boating her to Spain to get married. You might start with that visual.
 
At one point, the Royal Navy almost encouraged conjugal visits when a ship was in port. It kept the crew from wandering off.

And the term ‘son of a gun’ probably originated from being conceived on the gun deck – where gunners often ‘slung their hammocks’.
 
Sex on board a ship in the 1770s - Nasty, smelly, short, and in public view.

Ships of that era had very little space for crew. Even officers, apart from the Captain, would share cabins which were barely the size of a toilet cubicle.

Transporting convicts to Australia was almost like slave ships with the convicts chained down side by side, shitting where they lay and sometimes hosed down with seawater. The stink of a convict ship carried for miles and any other ship would pass upwind...

In port Royal Navy sailors' 'wives', whether official or not, were allowed on board and had to share their husband's hammock space of twentyone inches with another sailor's twentyone inches for him and his 'wife' next to them.
 
---------------
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top